Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Says the woman who undoubtedly killed Rosa.

No no no no no she cannot cannot cannot be this dumb and oblivious. This is too perfect a self-own. She has to be a parody account.

https://twitter.com/francesweetman/status/1168620775319965698?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Petition to rename the podcast "We Don't Talk About The Weetman"

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

xtothez posted:

Yep. A couple of months ago Labour HQ sent out letters to all MPs because they expected a snap GE before the next scheduled election, specifically to give certain MP's a chance to jump before being pushed.

Sadly it'll probably be too soon to deselect those that want to continue - we're expecting our trigger ballot to happen over late Sept/early Oct in Bristol West

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

ThomasPaine posted:

Says the woman who undoubtedly killed Rosa.

No no no no no she cannot cannot cannot be this dumb and oblivious. This is too perfect a self-own. She has to be a parody account.

Stop posting the awful tweets from the loving moron for gently caress's sake, it adds nothing.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Petition to rename the podcast "We Don't Talk About The Weetman"

I was in favour of this but she engages with Robert Zands in good faith so I like seeing her again now.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

RockyB posted:

Personal bug bear, does anyone else get irritated when they see a 12 hour forex chart with ridiculous axes of less than a cent. Pisses me right off when BBC article do it. If the pound is the lowest against the dollar since 1985, or the last three years, or whatever, show me that context.

Or are the market reports all being written by AIs with no sense of history now.

Edit: every day for about the past 2 weeks there's been a 'pound slides!' article on the BBC. Then you look at the chart and it's €1.10. Which is slightly higher than a couple of weeks back. Just chum and churn and arrrgh stop amplifying the idiotic market traders as a story.

10 year £ $ chart.
I posted the 12 hour one earlier so you could clearly see the dip under 1.20. But here's the overall context for 10 years. Haven't done Euros as $ has been my important context for the last 12 years (given currencies I've been using have been pegged to the $).

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
There are two separate curses on this thread - AceOfFlames complaining about how he's too sad to stop re-enacting the story of Pink Floyd's The Wall, and people Karmering in to post Francis Tweetman.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

o _ 0

https://twitter.com/joepike/status/1168870988144087042

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1168802706208829441

They're going full dirty tricks and corruption knowing that nobody will stop them.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

The Deleter posted:

There are two separate curses on this thread - AceOfFlames complaining about how he's too sad to stop re-enacting the story of Pink Floyd's The Wall, and people Karmering in to post Francis Tweetman.
And the ever present curse of PlipPlap.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

wasnt there that leak earlier about the GE being a trap and bojo will prorogue until past the deadline?

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

The Deleter posted:

Stop posting the awful tweets from the loving moron for gently caress's sake, it adds nothing.

No

The rage is purifying

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Hentai Jihadist posted:

wasnt there that leak earlier about the GE being a trap and bojo will prorogue until past the deadline?

is admiral ackbar a labour mp now?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
wtf is purdah

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

And the ever present curse of PlipPlap.

No, we defeated that curse. But like a hydra it just split into two.

bump_fn posted:

wtf is purdah

Nothing, what's purdah with you?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

bump_fn posted:

wtf is purdah
The period between an election being announced and the election being completed and results being revealed.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

bump_fn posted:

wtf is purdah

cat detector

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

bump_fn posted:

wtf is purdah

Commons business is suspended during an election only by convention, Boris is going to use the fact people are out campaigning to bullshit his way through passing poo poo.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

bump_fn posted:

wtf is purdah
A religious curtain to separate women and children from Tory MPs' errant penes.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

bump_fn posted:

wtf is purdah

Political activity other than immediate campaigning effectively ceases. Eg local CLPs don't meet during the period of time (to do any 'motions' etc activity).

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The bot that gave us United Ireland has done it again!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Guavanaut posted:

The bot that gave us United Ireland has done it again!

the third part of this combo is the best part

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I wonder what the flagbot is up to right no...

:staredog:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
lmfao

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

CGI Stardust posted:

Comedy option: opposition forms a deal with potential rebels to vote to stop no-deal in exchange for voting against a general election, saving their seats

getting CUK onside by avoiding an election

Further comedy option: having given the instruction to stop no-deal, opposition then withdraws all MPs and dumps the whole thing on the Tories

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

They had one of the Union Jack in Irish colours as well, they're 100% just taking the piss now

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

It's 100% trolling lately.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Guavanaut posted:

The Israeli Red Cross is actually the Red Star of David and looks like that without the red lines.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
when does parliament start

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

bump_fn posted:

Literally 1 minute ago.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1168802706208829441

They're going full dirty tricks and corruption knowing that nobody will stop them.

And when we say "a No 10 source" we mean Dumbfuck Cummings, because that sounds exactly like him.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
jezza steal the mace and absorb its power

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
https://twitter.com/GrayInGlasgow/status/1168879491680296960

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

bump_fn posted:

1707, generally speaking.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

They had one of the Union Jack in Irish colours as well, they're 100% just taking the piss now

Zasze posted:

It's 100% trolling lately.
There's a whole bunch of them that are just "mixed X and Y" with half a dozen comments, and then every now and again boom, so it's either a very dedicated troll, an actual bot with a troll that slips one in every now and again, or just a bot and there's sufficient combinations that will get people to reliably lose their poo poo that it happens about 10% of the time.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Guavanaut posted:

https://twitter.com/FlagsMashupBot/status/1168878821862531072?s=19

Hit after hit.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49561792

Astonishing antisemitism by Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour Party

Have they not heard of postal votes or voting by proxy?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Sanford posted:

I was in favour of this but she engages with Robert Zands in good faith so I like seeing her again now.

luckily there's a website called Twitter where you can go to see all her "contributions" in chronological order

and means the rest of us ITT don't have to lose more brain cells every time someone thinks one of her "self-owns" bears posting (hint: none of them do)

is communism bitch still our IK because I'm dead loving serious about getting a tWeetBan happening

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Hahaha, cummings is such an idiot.

With parliament disolved and there being no government doesn't that mean that the civil service can follow who they like? After all this is all based on convention not law, finally they can follow their hearts and start enacting CUK policies (as the CUKs are the only grown-ups in the room).

See I can make poo poo up too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I haven’t had a chance to check developments, is this vote for a ten election happening today?

Also banish the Tweetmans, she’s obviously an attention seeking twat.