Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life

Tsaedje posted:

When was the last time someone crossed the floor by literally crossing the floor during proceedings?

Nick Boles, a few months ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Labour-SNP coalition

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Tsaedje posted:

When was the last time someone crossed the floor by literally crossing the floor during proceedings?

Nick Boles earlier this year iirc.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Tsaedje posted:

Nick Boles when the second round of indicative votes failed, but he just became independent instead of changing parties

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

:f5:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Sanitary Naptime posted:

we are on the cusp of finally having this country run by bastards veer off the course that hellworld has set for it and you are inexplicably here wailing into the void rather than joining in.

yea we're sure to hit rock bottom anytime now and then it'll be upupup

seriously though the world is poo poo

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Tsaedje posted:

It's actually been a while, kinda missed it tbh

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Henry Black posted:

So even with the DUP, there's no majority now, right?

Here comes Sinn Fein to save the day!

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

dispatch_async posted:

Nick Boles, a few months ago

Ah yeah, it's much more fun than doing a press conference between sessions anyway

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

The_Doctor posted:

I don't miss working in Parliament on days like today.

Hey what's up T_D, you should post ITT more!

Also lmao at this latest news, how am I supposed to work when this kind of ultra juicy parliament drama is going on

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Wait a minute that’s Sinn Fein’s music!!!

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Chuka Umana posted:

Wait a minute that’s Sinn Fein’s music!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORifieiZiP4

???

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

William Bear posted:

Here comes Sinn Fein to save the day!

Presumably with explosives.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

this Ian Dunt thread is still going and it's quite the ride

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

yea we're sure to hit rock bottom anytime now and then it'll be upupup

seriously though the world is poo poo

same as it ever was

similarly :f5:, internet too crappy here to watch

Did Johnson stumble as it happened? Did it throw him? I hope he poo poo himself

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPteP8dZFkI

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Take me one step closer to the edge

happyhippy posted:

the EU is about to break

Henry Black
Jun 27, 2004

If she's not making this face, you're not doing it right.
Fun Shoe
Have Gove and Javid been replaced with wax models? Those thousand yard death stares are creeping me out

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Henry Black posted:

Have Gove and Javid been replaced with wax models? Those thousand yard death stares are creeping me out

They've been broken since losing to boris

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
fwiw, if boris loses an election on oct 14th he'll be the shortest-serving prime minister in history

needs to hang on till nov 20th to pass george canning

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Henry Black posted:

Imminent unemployment looming

coffeetable posted:

fwiw, if boris loses an election on oct 14th he'll be the shortest-serving prime minister in history

Tories breaking all the records this year

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Barry Foster posted:

same as it ever was

similarly :f5:, internet too crappy here to watch

Did Johnson stumble as it happened? Did it throw him? I hope he poo poo himself

https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1168897018732920832

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Borrovan posted:

I got that job I interviewed for :unsmith:

My spies tell me that I was not the first choice (for basically my own job lol) & there was a massive row about it, but at least I know who my friends are now, & more to the point, no soul destroying job market for me! :D

Eyyy congrats mate!

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Seriously mate, we are on the cusp of finally having this country run by bastards veer off the course that hellworld has set for it and you are inexplicably here wailing into the void rather than joining in. This thread has been so patient with you and gave you the recommendations that would help you feel better and you just constantly come back and post this poo poo.

Yeah honestly I know I say to ignore people a lot but at this point please ignore AoF. I'm all for being patient with people with MH issues etc. but at this point interacting is just feeding their problems and it causes a 9-page derail every time they post in the thread and it's always exactly the same poo poo. They're not British and have never lived here and whilst I know that's true for some other posters ITT at least they actually contribute meaningfully to the thread rather than just constantly catastrophising.

Also, lol:

https://twitter.com/AbiWilks/status/1168899655515680768?s=20

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Managed to get a stream. Johnson looks loving shaken, wobbling his jowls and head about. He looks really, really hosed off. It's utterly delicious

EDIT

:discourse:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Barry Foster posted:

Hey what's up T_D, you should post ITT more!

Also lmao at this latest news, how am I supposed to work when this kind of ultra juicy parliament drama is going on

I'm currently sitting in a cafe in Berlin, half writing a script synopsis, and half watching the Sky News live feed on YT.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
save us jezza

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

I'm currently sitting in a cafe in Berlin, half writing a script synopsis, and half watching the Sky News live feed on YT.

I envy you.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

so without a majority, can boris still bring these acts up? what exactly does this mean?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

So what does a minority government mean? Does he need a GE now?

Also where is the godamn video, that Sky News one has a weird reverse time thing and I am stupid

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
Boris is shook

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
lol jezza just looks like a disappointed teacher

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

coffeetable posted:

Worth noting also that Canning lasted so short a time because he died in office. Who's the shortest serving PM who lost an election - Bonar Law?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Barry Foster posted:

Managed to get a stream. Johnson looks loving shaken, wobbling his jowls and head about. He looks really, really hosed off. It's utterly delicious

EDIT

:discourse:

Holy gently caress, hes just started stammering trying to smear Corbyn!
Not responding to any of what Corbyn said, just attacking him.
Total loving shook.

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

Ratjaculation posted:

So what does a minority government mean? Does he need a GE now?

Also where is the godamn video, that Sky News one has a weird reverse time thing and I am stupid

Can be watched live here. https://parliamentlive.tv/Commons

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Chuka Umana posted:

Labour-SNP coalition

Remember on forums when people would do the thing about posting "in" to make it known they were waiting for the reaction to something silly someone said?

This is me, waiting for Jedit to inevitable post pointing out his take that actually the SNP want eternal Tory government and hard Brexit for Scottish nationalist reasons.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/joncstone/status/1168902408132550658?s=19

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

WhatEvil posted:

Eyyy congrats mate!

Yeah honestly I know I say to ignore people a lot but at this point please ignore AoF. I'm all for being patient with people with MH issues etc. but at this point interacting is just feeding their problems and it causes a 9-page derail every time they post in the thread and it's always exactly the same poo poo. They're not British and have never lived here and whilst I know that's true for some other posters ITT at least they actually contribute meaningfully to the thread rather than just constantly catastrophising.

Also, lol:

https://twitter.com/AbiWilks/status/1168899655515680768?s=20

lmao carly fiorina esque

Midnight-
Aug 22, 2007

Pain or damage don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man - and give some back.
Isn't there an MP that is a suspended Tory that will always vote with them anyway?

So technically no majority, but in reality has one?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ken Clarke just shook him badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
I'm about to get on a plane at the worst loving moment.