Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
It's depressing because it's most certainly a learned behaviour from the mum and dad, kids pick up on parental cues something rotten and they were clearly signalling that the constant bullying and teasing were right and good (and doing plenty themselves). Obviously I feel worst by far for poor paulie, but the others never stood a chance of be coming good well rounded people with that kind of toxicity around them

Fatkraken fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Sep 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
It's beautiful. Like a character from an ancient morality tale.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

As a reminder the brothers grimm edited the stories they told so as to make the abusive authority figures step relations, so if anything this is starkly more accurate to the original fairytales

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

Xik posted:

This one isn't funny just a mixture of :staredog: and :ohdear:

Wife (38F) is convinced that she is pregnant even though that every pregnancy test (store-bought and medical) comes back negative. It's taking a toll on our mariage because she thinks I am going to abandon her and "our twins"

Holy poo poo y’all. We drove by this one a little bit too fast. This is like discovering communities of red pill/incels/hapas/pro ana exist.

quote:

TL/DR: There are online communities for 'cryptic pregnancy' that encourage women to believe they're pregnant when they're not, and against their doctor's advice--THESE OFTEN INVOLVE CLAIMS OF HAVING TWINS AFTER A NEGATIVE TEST. Be aware of this, and make sure your wife is not falling victim to them if she's feeling vulnerable about not having a child yet.

I'm not a medical expert (just someone with an unusually intense hobby interest of human health, and way too much time on my hands) but you may find this interesting, particularly given the twins comment. Firstly, a disclaimer: your doctor/the test results take precedent here, and I am definitely not saying that your wife is pregnant. Just making sure that you are aware of this community in case your wife has gotten swept up in it..

Now, the full version:
One of the more fascinating communities I've come across is the 'cryptic pregnancy' community. Cryptic pregnancy in real medical terms, is when a *woman does NOT know that she's pregnant* until very late in the term. This can happen for many reasons (irregular periods, bleeding during pregnancy, advanced maternal age, or even just plain ignorance). However, this term has been hijacked by a group of women online who claim to have 'cryptic pregnancies' of a different (and wrong) definition: pregnancies where *doctors don't know the woman is pregnant* until very late in the term. Often times these are women who want a baby so desperately, that they will come up with any number of reasons why their doctors don't 'see' the baby that the woman (delusionally) 'knows' is in there. There is some SERIOUSLY MESSED UP misinformation in these communities - youtube videos, blogs, forums, the works, and many of these women genuinely believe that a Cryptic Pregnancy is, by definition, hidden from doctors--leading to the false impression that it's very common to get false negatives on home pregnancy, blood, and ultrasound tests (spoiler: It's not common. Possible, yes, particularly on HPT or very early-term bloods or ultrasounds, but VERY rare and uncommon). If your wife is onto these communities, it may mean that she's mistaking these false 'cryptic pregnancy' myths for medical facts (or being duped into believing that this is what's happening to her). The reasons for the fake 'cryptic pregnancies' include various (sometimes real) medical phenomena, but they are stretched and mangled to illogical and impossible capacities. The most relevant here is pertaining to her comment about Twins. Note:

'The Hook Effect' - Home pregnancy tests done too late in the term can sometimes miss pregnancies because the HcG present actually overwhelms the test's measurement scope, which in turn, means a false negative. This CAN happen, but it's rare, and when confirmed with negative blood tests and/or ultrasound, a negative HPT still indicates that there is NO pregnancy.

Women claiming to have 'cryptic pregnancies' sometimes say the hook effect giving them a false home pregnancy test invalidates negative ultrasounds and blood tests. This is untrue.

Another common cryptic pregnancy 'last resort' belief is that TWINS or other multiples mean too much HcG for a home pregnancy test. The Cryptic Pregnancy community will also sometimes (mistakenly) say that multiples also lead to negative blood and ultrasound tests. So, even if the woman tests early on, it will come up negative.

I won't go any further, I'll leave it up to your own internet sleuthing to find out more. But to summarise, it sounds like your wife desperately wants a child, and while she has been told that she's not pregnant, in order to avoid that grief, she is trying to find 'logical' ways to explain that she IS indeed pregnant despite everyone's better judgement. She may well just be heartbroken and trying to keep the hope alive a bit longer, as I suspect most of the women in those communities are. But at the very least, I'd be asking her if she knows anything about 'cryptic pregnancy' (if she does, she may use it to justify why she is pregnant, and in that case, you will need to find a doctor to help explain to her that Cryptic Pregnancy is not what the internet has led her to believe it is).

Searching Facebook for “cryptic pregnancy” on facebook leads to some batshit crazy results.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Switchback posted:

Holy poo poo y’all. We drove by this one a little bit too fast. This is like discovering communities of red pill/incels/hapas/pro ana exist.

Searching Facebook for “cryptic pregnancy” on facebook leads to some batshit crazy results.

:stare: what in the sam hill

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

Dr. Phil had a few of these women on his show.

They cling to the idea that they're pregnant just as hard as a flat earther.

-It's also very sad and truly a mental illness. I had to stop watching halfway through to add that.

ParserGirl fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Sep 3, 2019

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

:staredog:

Just when I think the Internet is running out of echo chambers for people with hosed up niche delusions...

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah no this is a full blown mental illness and it feels kinda cruel to focus on them, it’s real hosed.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

mllaneza posted:

Well if that isn't just special for you.

Not everyone had an upbringing that allowed for confronting authority figures. I'll content myself with being drat sure I'd bail out the window and get a hotel room.
Frankly, this is what I would have done too, albeit for a different reason: What purpose does it serve to argue back in the moment?

You’re not changing boomerdad’s mind one bit. The rest of the family is apparently insane/cowed/whatever enough that they’re not going to back you up. All arguing does is create an enormous screaming match with no potential benefit. Screw that. I have better things to do with my vacation time than useless arguments with crazy boomerdad.

Just roll your eyes, walk away, and do whatever the hell you’d do anyways.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

teen witch posted:

Yeah no this is a full blown mental illness and it feels kinda cruel to focus on them, it’s real hosed.

Queen Mary (UK queen before Elizabeth 1) had this. She was desperate to become pregnant by her husband and was still insisting she was months after the 'pregnancy' would have come to term. Although I think ill health that made her bloated helped to fuel her delusion.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

teen witch posted:

Ooh I just love one where the OP is the trashmonster

OP uh, quintuples down

Those follow-ups do paint a picture. I look forward to the sequel posts on r/raisedbynarcissists and various estranged parents forums.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I'm desperate for an update on grounded adult, but I know in my heart of hearts the coward accepted it and just grumbled about it.

Nobody really commented on this one, but door lock sister is NTA. I think she is an rear end in a top hat, she seems more mad that the sister snuck out and OMG SMOKED A WEED! but sneak out sister is an idiot for leaving the doors unlocked instead of just... taking a drat key. Locking the door perfectly fair.

Feel terrible for the beautiful, fierce, intelligent scapegoat, who is notable more beautiful, more fierce, and more intelligent than her siblings and parents, who abused her for decades. I hope she leaves her family behind, but also becomes rich and famous so her family cannot stop being blinded by her light.

I also feel terrible for the cryptic pregnancy ladies. It is extremely bizarre because it seems like the type of delusion that would have a natural expiration date. But I suppose we know that delusions do not respond to logic.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
yeah just leaving the door to the entire house open is not cool, i smoke lots of weed and i would not do that in order to smoke weed

the point you're endangering other people to do drugs is the point where you should really re-evaluate your behavior, no matter the 'level' of use

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Barudak posted:

Your husband wants kids really badly and you dont and hes trying to avoid hating you which has resulted in him attempting to roleplay a salmon right down to a drop in intelligence.

No - the husband wants to wank to the idea of getting a bunch of women pregnant. He doesn't actually want the realities of being a dad, which include un-sexy things like changing diapers, getting woken up in the middle of the night, and having no disposable income. Being a sperm donor means he has all the wank material he wants without having to life a finger in actual childcare.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I [25/F] told the guy [24/M] I hooked up with that I can’t be his fuckbuddy and did not get the answer I was hoping to hear. Can something be done to redeem the situation?

quote:

Edit: title should say amend the situation

I hooked up with this guy I met off Tinder twice, and I immediately started feeling attached. Sex was amazing. Incredible. Fantastic. It was refreshing. Literally.

I told him today that I’m not looking for fuckbuddies anymore because I feel sad and empty after a random hookup so I told him i can’t see him anymore and that I wish him good luck. Low key I was hoping he would step up and say that he wants more with me but he said ok whatever makes you comfortable, and if I want to chill again I can let him know. And he was like it’s ok I understand.

Now I feel like an idiot. I lost the amazing sex and also the potential for something more than a fuckbuddy situation. I’m left with nothing and I wonder if there is anything I could do to fix what I have done without looking crazy and desperate. Help me! I want the good sex back. I also have a connection with him so sex is even better. It’s not easy for me to enjoy a guys company.

tl;dr: help me I lost an amazing sex partner because I decided to declare that I’m not looking for fuckbuddies after hooking up twice. He didn’t step up (like I was hoping to) and sorta ended it.

quote:

The trick was to indirectly let him know that I want something more without placing pressure on him or without taking a huge risk of getting rejected. I feel that now he knows that if he wants me then he will have to step up but apparently he doesnt.

One weird trick to end your fuckbuddy relationship. Women secretly wanting more hate this!

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

LadyPictureShow posted:

I [25/F] told the guy [24/M] I hooked up with that I can’t be his fuckbuddy and did not get the answer I was hoping to hear. Can something be done to redeem the situation?

One weird trick to end your fuckbuddy relationship. Women secretly wanting more hate this!

I feel like you could have used something. Like, use your words and be direct? Nah, that can't possibly be the right thing to do

sojazu
Mar 28, 2007
lol internets

LadyPictureShow posted:

Probably the best to end the fuckbuddy relationship if you feel sad and depressed after sex.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Well... this morning I [29M] walked in on my girlfriend [29F] in bed with another man [30ish M who is my co-worker]

quote:

First off i'm a little drunk as I am writing this, so if i make any edits its probably due to the drunkenness

Last night I was at work, my girlfriend of 9 months visited my work and everything was good, we hung out for a bit and just chatted about BS work stuff, she told me she was going to a concert that night, I trusted her (like i normally do) and told her to have fun. 30 minutes later she left and I went to bed (i work overnight shifts). I woke up around 6:00am this morning to a text from her at 4:23am saying "my friends gonna stay at my lmavr tonight" followed by "place .Z**". I realized she was drunk as hell and was having trouble spelling things. My 'spidy sence' started tingling because usually if a girl is staying at her place she will say the girls actual name, but this morning she just said "friend". I responded by saying "K, I'm gunna head home them" (I usually take a nap at home after work).

So i get off work and start driving home, i'm like half way home when I think to myself "something doesn't feel right... i might embarrass myself by walking into her place but i just have to know if what i 'think' is happening is actually happening". So i turn my car around and drive to her place, the whole drive over i'm hoping i'm just going to walk into another girl passed out on the couch...

I when i get to her house I ever so slowly unlock her front door with the key she gave me when the relationship started. I was banking on the fact that it had only been 3 hours since she texted me drunk as hell, and was hopefully passed out... I open the door and see nobody on her couches or in the guest bedroom. I saw that her door was cracked so i peaked in to find my worse nightmare had come true :'(

she was lying in bed face up, clearly still asleep with her co-worker lying right next to her, in his boxers, with his arm around her stomach. (this guy is a guy i know from work, who she's always told me was just a friend... however they did hook up for a short period of time over a year ago). They were both fast asleep... My heart was pounding like a freight train, i couldn't believe what i was seeing, especially after telling her about being betrayed in past relationships and how much it has f***ed my world up.

I decided to take a few pictures for evidence and then i quietly left without waking them up.

I went drove home and called up my close friends and spilled my heart out to them and told them everything that i just witnessed. It was and still is very rough for me :( i ended up packing up all of her s**t at my house and then strategically waited for her to call me in the morning (we had planned on hanging out today). When we ended up talking i acted like i had just gone home an taken a nap. I ended up asking her "so who all spent the night?" she told the truth to some degree and said that the her male friend (the guy i saw her with) ended up staying the night. I acted stunned and told her that was inappropriate and asked her if she thought that having 'a guy she used to hook up with' spend the night was appropriate. she jokingly said "its night like we boned or anything, plus he slept in the guest bedroom"

i tried pushing it further but she said if i want to discuss it further to just come over to her house and we could talk in person... I agreed.

So i drove to her place, quietly placed all of her s**t i had packed on her front door, left the key on the door mat then drove away, while driving away i told her "my key isn't working, can you open the door for me?" then i hung up. About 30 seconds later i get a call, she had obviously seen all of her stuff sitting on her porch. I then sent her the picture I had taken of her and the guy in bed together with just one work as the caption "goodbye".

I've since blocked her phone number and all social media. Both her and the guy (my co-worker) have since tried getting a hold of me via other means and basically are both saying "nothing happened, i know it looks horrible but i promise nothing happened"

I'm really freaking f***ed up right now, i've been screwed horribly like this in the past and i've told her this! Now I walk in on her in bed with a former f-buddy.

I want to believe that the dude just hopped into her bed in the middle of the night without her permission while she was passed out and that nothing happened, but my intuition and my friends are telling me otherwise. I don't know what to do right now. I can either keep my distance and keep 'zero contact' and chalk this up to a learning experience or give her another chance, but i know that because i'm in the middle of this s**t my judgement is going to be WAAAAY off, look for some advice!

btw i'm a long time lurker of this subreddit, always cringed at the stories i read, but never thought I'd be the one spilling my guts out :/ a appreciate everyone on this subreddit and the down to earth non-sugar coated advice they give, so for what it's worth i really appreciate every single person on this forum and hope maybe someone will learn something from my situation :(

tldr: Girlfriend of 9- months went to a concert last night, this morning I walked in on her passed out in bed with her male friend (a guy who she previously was in a pseudo-relationship/boning for a month) in his boxers with his arm around her.

EDIT: Thank you all so much for your advice, comments, and words of encouragement! However if anyone out there has an view point which kinda play devils advocate and gives an argument for 'staying with her' it would help a lot, i want to make my decision in this matter having both sides of the argument presented and not just the "leave her" advice (which honestly is probably the best advice). This may be too needy for me to ask for THIS much help and advice, but if anyone has any other view point i think that would help me feel at peace with my decision know i weighed all the options.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

I (30M) won on a scratchcard, my brother (25M) has said that if i dont give him money he will turn his back on the family forever.

quote:

Hi,

Just to be clear from the go, im not after advice on whether i should give him money or not. He isnt getting any. But id like advice on any way to try and solve the issue.

I won on a scratch card recently, not enough to live on forever but a tidy amount. I payed off all my debt, my parents debt (they are due retirement and couldnt due to the debts they had aquired).

The problem was that i gave my step brother (ill call him Phil), and his wife, both of which im really close to. My biological brother (mike) found out about this and said he deserved money more than my step brother as he was "real family".

At 18 mike left home and moved about 100 miles away, got into a bad crowd and hardcore drugs, had numerous run ins with police and constantly needed money from the parents, causing them to go into greater debt to bail him out. The only time he would contact home was for money. Even at Christmas, he was in the area for 2 weeks (about 5 mile away from home) but didnt even come to see my parents once who were really excited to see him. He went out with friends to get wasted and "forgot" to see the family.

He has forgotten his dads (my step dad) birthday every year. Never calls home, never answers whenever they call or text, unless he wants something, usually money. When i got married, he last min couldnt come to the wedding for an apparent emergency, which turned out to be a festival that he went to instead. We got married abroad and had already payed for his flight and hotel which we couldnt cancel due to being 2 days before. He didnt even contact me when my child was born to say congratulations or anything. she's now 4 and has never met him, i dont have facebook or anything so i dont even know if he knows what she looks like. When his real mum had cancer (shes all clear now) he didnt even message her to see if she was ok. I confronted him about it and all he said was "people get it all the time, she'll be fine"

When he found out that id won money (i have no idea who told him) he instantly called asking for 28 grand to bail him out of his loans, car payments and of course drug money that he owed. I refused and explained that i had just enough left to put a deposit down on a house and that id given most of the money away, leaving just enough for myself.

When he found out that phil recieved a 5 figure sum from me, he lost his mind and litterally started screaming at me for picking him over my "real" brother. Phil and his wife have always been like brother and sister to me. They were there for me when my marriage broke down, helped me get on my feet again by putting down a depsoit on a rented property for me and i wanted to do good by them to show my appreciation. Theyre good people.

Anyways, after a big argument with Mike, explaining that he owed me over 5k already, every lovely thing that he did to the family and why he deserved nothing, he said that he was leaving the family forever. No one has heard from him since.

My parents are obviously devastated, they still love him but they understand and agree with my decision. Theyre good people who have never had much and are great parents. I honestly believe that if i gave him any money, he would spend it on herion. He threatened me with court but im guessing realised that he wouldnt win and dropped it. Now i just get the occasional one word texts from him saying "C*nt" or "die."

For my parent's sake, id love to be able to sort something out. He can hate me forever, thats fine, but his dad has done nothing wrong and doesnt deserve to be abandoned.

Id happily just cut all ties but it wouldnt be fair on my parents. Any advice on how to handle the situation would be great.

TL:DR - i won some money, helped family members out of debt and my heroin addict brother has cut all ties with the family because i didnt give any to him.

Cheers guys

Edit: added another lovely thing he did

:byewhore:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

DemoneeHo posted:

Well... this morning I [29M] walked in on my girlfriend [29F] in bed with another man [30ish M who is my co-worker]

Redditor in a well?

DemoneeHo posted:

I (30M) won on a scratchcard, my brother (25M) has said that if i dont give him money he will turn his back on the family forever.

:byewhore:

This is a problem that just solves itself.

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

Apparently even pandas can get pseudopregnant. This is so interesting but maybe it’s hitting home cause I’m like 8 months pregnant (OR AM I?!?!)

quote:

Endocrinologist here (though I study wildlife, not people) - FYI pseudopregnancy isn’t a psychological phenomenon, it’s an endocrine phenomenon. It occurs if the corpus luteum in the ovary continues to secrete progesterone instead of dying. This means menstruation never happens, because progesterone maintains the uterine lining, as well as suppressing future ovulations and triggering several other physiological changes of pregnancy.

In some animals this happens routinely after every ovulation (obligate pseudopregnancy) regardess of whether the animal is pregnant. In bears & sea lions, for example, the corpus luteum normally stays alive (whether or not there is an embryo) for the full duration of a gestation, the result being that it is very difficult for zoo veterinarians to tell if a bear or sea lion is actually pregnant.

In humans, the corpus luteum will stay alive if another hormons, human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), is present. This means that any condition resulting in high hCG can cause pseudopregnancy. There’s a case on record where the hCG was being produced by lung cancer. :/

edit to clarify: Whatever is going on with OP’s wife is not a pseudopregnancy

Here’s a long read article about one case: https://jezebel.com/ghost-child-the-strange-misunderstood-world-of-delusi-1669049740

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Mu Son (12/M) punched classmate in the face for derogatory comments and doesn’t want to apologize. Not sure exactly how to proceed?

quote:

Last year our 12 year old son Jake became very close to a girl who just moved to the area, Leah. She is one of 4 black kids in the school. (We live in a small town in the Midwest) She is a nice girl but a bit eccentric. However my son is too so their friendship works. A few months ago my son told me me they were getting bullied/teased by some kids, particularly one boy named Kyle in the school. Apparently racist remarks were involved. At the time we reported it to the school (even though Jake told us not to) and the school said they would put a stop to it. We thought it was done with because we didn’t hear much about bullying for the next few months.

However last week we got a call that our son was involved in a fight with Kyle. Jake apparently punched him twice in the face. and Kyle has noticeable bruises. Jake told the school it was an argument over a girl but wouldn’t give further details and he was suspended for 4 days and assigned to have check ups with a counsellor at the school and to apologize to Kyle and his family. Obviously I was horrified. My husband and I interrogated Jake about what happened. He admitted that the bullying had continued and the school didn’t do anything except “talk” to Kyle and that Kyle and his friends were mad at them for snitching. Leah didn’t want to be singled out so he stopped telling us about it. The trigger point was when they were sitting together at lunch , Kyle came up to them and started making rude sexual comments and then said in the “old days” Leah would be a Slave and they would be slave owners and they could “force her to have sex with them” Jake said he just snapped and that he didn’t regret what he did and said there was no way he was going to apologize to Kyle.

I was absolutely disgusted by this. I actually called Leah to talk about it and she confirmed Jake’s story but said she “doesn’t want it to be a big deal”

Obviously I don’t think using a violence is an appropriate way to solve personal issues and I emphasized this with Jake and told him it was unacceptable but I don’t want to force my son to apologize so I told him he didn’t have to apologize if he didn’t want to. I told the school and Kyle’s family this and now a bunch of people are angry at me. My husband thinks I should just give in and have Jake apologize to Kyle so we can move on and that I’m encouraging bad behaviour but I honestly don’t care? We’ve NEVER had issues with Jake and violence or anger, he’s usually very mild mannered so I honestly feel it isn’t an issue.

Am in the wrong here?

Also to add I did tell the school that Kyle was making racist comments about Leah (since my son did not) but they are saying that’s a separate matter and still want my son to apologize because “he used violence”

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Sunswipe posted:

Redditor in a well?

This is a problem that just solves itself.

He returned her stuff and cut contact so no? Seems like he’s doing what he needs to do just feels lovely about it which is understandable.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
gently caress the racist, don't apologize, this is what happens when you don't deal with issues and leave children to solve their own problems - they do it.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

How do I (25F) fart in front of my fiancé (30M)

quote:

Okay, this is a hilarious problem to have, so I hope some get a good laugh. But I promise this is a legit question.

I’ve never farted in front of my fiancé that I’ve been with for 3 1/2 years. Sure, I’ve farted in my sleep and a few silent ones have slipped out. And it’s not like I hold them in around him. It’s just that we either are away from each other in the daytime, in a different room, or I just never have to around him. I’m not a very gassy person. I’ve just never purposely ripped a loud one around him 🤷🏼‍♀️😂

This just popped in my head the other day listening to another couple talk about their farts. If I ever have to fart around him, how do I just suddenly start after 3 years?! Do I just do it? Do I tell him first? Do I just keep living life the way we are? Haha!!

TL;DR: I’ve never farted in front of my fiancé and I feel like it’s too far in to randomly start

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Jake is a good egg.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

DemoneeHo posted:

Mu Son (12/M) punched classmate in the face for derogatory comments and doesn’t want to apologize. Not sure exactly how to proceed?

Jake’s a good kid, take him out for ice cream.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

ad090 posted:

Got grounded by my father in law. Do I have to accept it?

Absolutely incredible that anyone would put up with that. My little brother was at his ex wifes parents one Christmas with their kids, and his mother in law kept on going over his head to ask his ex if the kids were allowed to do or eat certain things, and he put his foot down and said why wouldn't they just ask him rather than ringing her while she was out or whatever. Eventually, their bullshit got so bad that on Christmas eve they were doing it again and he just got up and walked out and took a taxi to the station, got on the train back up north and asked me to pick him up. I didn't blame him a single bit for walking out (I had seen how they treated him previously) and took him out for a steak. gently caress letting people treat you so badly when they are supposed to be your family. Our side of the family treat his ex like gold, and she let hers act like he was beneath contempt. I will never understand why anyone would let their parents be so lovely to their partners.

DemoneeHo posted:

This kid is great and I would go back to the school and rip them a new one until they got it through their thick skulls that no violence would have happened at all had it not been for the racist little shitbags in the first place.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

DemoneeHo posted:

Jake’s punishment is a pizza and a high five, his bedtime is never

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

MagusofStars posted:

Frankly, this is what I would have done too, albeit for a different reason: What purpose does it serve to argue back in the moment?

You’re not changing boomerdad’s mind one bit. The rest of the family is apparently insane/cowed/whatever enough that they’re not going to back you up. All arguing does is create an enormous screaming match with no potential benefit. Screw that. I have better things to do with my vacation time than useless arguments with crazy boomerdad.

Just roll your eyes, walk away, and do whatever the hell you’d do anyways.

Yeah, fighting about it isn't going to do much, especially in the moment. I wouldn't sneak out of a loving window though, that's some child poo poo. Just confirm they're serious, then go okay and and leave out the door like an adult. Go get some food and book a hotel room.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

DemoneeHo posted:

I hate every adult in this story.

Leah and Jake are cool, though.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
My wife linked me this article about some kid who was such a picky eater he went blind. Thought the thread would appreciate it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

DemoneeHo posted:

Ice cream. Double scoop.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

I saw this on CNN this morning and immediately thought of this thread.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I saw this on CNN this morning and immediately thought of this thread.

:same:

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

DemoneeHo posted:

I'd say put him in a better school but RIP it is the Midwest and the US.

Edit - And he wouldn't be with his cool friend too.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

DemoneeHo posted:

:murder: the school, give the kid a medal

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

quote:

Though nutritional optic neuropathy is rare in developed countries, the University of Iowa documented a case in which a 28-year-old man’s diet consisted almost entirely of 1.9 litres of vodka per day, causing vision problems.

Yeah, that’ll do it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bring your son to a sporting event so everyone can celebrate a real american hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Follow up comment from the rear end in a top hat sister:

quote:

Wow. I'm trying really hard now. I got angry with the replies but I came back and thought maybe I should be more open to criticism. And I have to admit one thing, I think me and M can be a bit immature at times. It's like, we do well at school and socially but we're still very much cosseted by our parents especially my Mom. She doesn't seem to want us to grow up. She seems much more loving when we need her and when I'm feeling like a little kid I feel really comfortable to go to Mom and cry. But if I'm trying to do something grown-up she gets colder. She does all my paperwork and deals with everything and won't give me stuff I need for school, just does it all for us. SHe's always been like that and it kind of makes life easier I'll admit.

Except Paulie would never let her. She always wanted to be independent. My mom hates that about her. I heard Paulie tell our brother that this was the last summer she would be here, that when she went away to college she wasn't coming back and that she'd make a home for him if he wanted to come too. I thought it was a joke but I'm not so sure now. After eading all this everything seems different from the way I saw it before. Maybe me and M and F rely too much on mom, and side with her against Paulie.

I just want things to be the way they were, there's too much change. I'm used to thinking about her one way and it feels really weird to try to see her through other people's eyes.