Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Over There posted:

Finally playing FFVI for the first time. Just got out of Zozo, and it's pretty drat good so far.

Hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Over There posted:

Finally playing FFVI for the first time. Just got out of Zozo, and it's pretty drat good so far.

drat I wish I could experience it new again, I'm jealous

Which version you playing? Snes? Gba?

FF6 probably has the best ending to any game I've ever played imho

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

drat I wish I could experience it new again, I'm jealous

Which version you playing? Snes? Gba?

FF6 probably has the best ending to any game I've ever played imho
It's definitely up there with Earthbound, FFIX, etc

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FF6 is the game that really made me love JRPGs

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Magitek

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's definitely up there with Earthbound, FFIX, etc

Earthbound wins tho because of the ending being playable .

Goddamn that was so cool and still is

Pablo Nergigante posted:

FF6 is the game that really made me love JRPGs

Me too. Just for the hell of it the other day I tried breath of fire 1 on the gba and I couldn't put it down. I thought for sure nostalgia made me like that game but nope those FF6 style rpgs are just great

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

FF6 was the first game I bought right after renting it because I was worried my save file would be deleted before I could rent it again

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Game_Over_glitch

Someone discovered in ff6 fairly recently that if you die on the world map exactly 52 times it will crash the game in certain ways and if you do it properly you can trigger the ending to the game in under an hour

It's pretty funny watching the ending because none of your characters were named yet so everyone just shows up as "???????" and scenes where like Celes should be displayed it shows a moogle or something because it didn't even load her sprites in yet

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Aug 29, 2019

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

herculon posted:

FF6 was the first game I bought right after renting it because I was worried my save file would be deleted before I could rent it again

I rented it and kept it for like a month so I could keep playing it until I beat it. My parents were really pissed about the late fees lol.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Thank you uncle at nintendo for spoiler tagging the ennding of a 30 year old rip off of yiik the post modern rpg and homestruck

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I rented it and kept it for like a month so I could keep playing it until I beat it. My parents were really pissed about the late fees lol.

lol

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
I played ff6 for the first time this year and thought it kinda sucked lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tf...

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

The Milkman posted:

I played ff6 for the first time this year and thought it kinda sucked lol

Keyword: played. Did you beat it?

Also it wasn't the phone port was it?

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
I just played FFXV. It sort of falls apart after you leave the big open world area, huh? I was running around collecting keycards while the villain taunted me over the radio like it was Die Hard or something and it all just screamed "This shouldn't be the same game!" Then the apocalypse happens and ten years pass for some reason?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Action Jacktion posted:

I just played FFXV. It sort of falls apart after you leave the big open world area, huh? I was running around collecting keycards while the villain taunted me over the radio like it was Die Hard or something and it all just screamed "This shouldn't be the same game!" Then the apocalypse happens and ten years pass for some reason?

15 is a pretty divisive game overall but especially the part you're talking about. I loved it tbh, tho I'm a sucker for rpg apocalypse time skips

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

15 is a pretty divisive game overall but especially the part you're talking about. I loved it tbh, tho I'm a sucker for rpg apocalypse time skips

Same

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

15 is definitely playable, but it got a little too linear for me at the midpoint

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

At least it gives you a ton of warnings so it shouldn’t have been a surprise

I loved XV and was really disappointed they cancelled a lot of the dlc. I wanted to play the lunafreya one.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

my morning jackass posted:

At least it gives you a ton of warnings so it shouldn’t have been a surprise

I loved XV and was really disappointed they cancelled a lot of the dlc. I wanted to play the lunafreya one.

Same

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I kinda liked the second half more but I also like ffxiii and hallways

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Action Jacktion posted:

I really liked that part, it emphasizes how important Noctis' friends are to his success.

I felt like it got linear right as I was starting to lose interest in the open world aspect so it worked well for me.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I feel like every FF after 7 has been divisive because that game caused major brain damage in all who played it around launch

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

In Training posted:

I kinda liked the second half more but I also like ffxiii and hallways

This. I also liked it because things Got Real

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 222 days!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I feel like every FF after 7 has been divisive because that game caused major brain damage in all who played it around launch

lol 7 had a campaign by a game mag (after the review and an editorial change) and tons of fans of 2 and 3 yelling about how square had sold out

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

sad about the remaining episodes not happening again. I like the ending a lot but I also wanted to see the ultimate golden ending they were probably going to do with episodes Luna and noctis

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I feel they wanted Comrades to be a bigger deal than it wound up being. Like they were counting on micro transactions to fund the other dlc. It was a fun dlc that absolutely no one played.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Comrades was a lot of fun but as far as I could tell the online was completely busted. I was playing it for days not long after the PC launch and barely got any connections so I got bored. Apparently it has a full on fight with Bahamut and chocobo breeding and stuff

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Squall comes out in full hd tomorrow boys

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Squall comes out in full hd tomorrow boys

It’s out now. Topic Locked.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I know it’s dumb to want a physical copy but the remaster is just large enough to make downloading it on my lovely satellite internet a monumental task.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I’m still mad the switch x/x-2 remaster didn’t even come with x-2 loaded on the cart wtf

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

AverySpecialfriend posted:

I’m still mad the switch x/x-2 remaster didn’t even come with x-2 loaded on the cart wtf

In japan it had both which makes it all the more confusing.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
those half and half packages are more offputting than just digital only i dont get it

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Final Fantasy 8 was released today, but also 20 years ago. This is what time kompression is like.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
9/9/19

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

my morning jackass posted:

I know it’s dumb to want a physical copy but the remaster is just large enough to make downloading it on my lovely satellite internet a monumental task.

I have good internet but I still prefer physical because you can 1) sell it when you're done if you please and 2) can replay it in twenty years if you want

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
in 20 years youll download a full romset and wont bother touching most of the games you own physical versions of

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
In 20 years you'll be hanging upside down from a tree with a fork up your rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Bongo Bill posted:

Final Fantasy 8 was released today, but also 20 years ago. This is what time kompression is like.