Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

https://twitter.com/EmmaKennedy/status/1168913187888082944

maybe kennedyposting needs to be filed alongside weetposting, but goddamn she's so credulously dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

wocobob posted:

Wait, isn't a snap election what Corbyn wants?

there were rumblings about Bojo getting people to vote for an election before the deadline then using his PM powers to delay it until after the deadline

basically nobody trusts bojo to do anything since his whole strategy at the moment is basically just to use various tricks to gently caress about until october (if he actually wants a deal, which is a possiblity) or beyond (if he wants to crash out)

personally i think bojo is okay with either option, itd make him very statesmanly and churchillian if he could get europe to blink, equally all his mates are buying stakes in bodybag firms so he doesnt mind too badly otherwise.

the problem he has is that the EU wont blink and parliament doesnt want NDB, so he's at risk of ending up getting May'd

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Josef bugman posted:

This has been an okay day.

I hope that the stop No-Deal thing gets through Parliament, though I think from the looks of things it is quite likely.

I am going to tidy my room, try and make food and have a sit. Not feeling at my best, but I am glad folks here are doing well.

I thought a lot about happiness today, I don't know how to find it or wether I want/deserve it, but one thing I don't want to do is make folks uncomfortable/feel bad. Part of me worries I have done so even though my intentions aren't there. That people have been hurt by my indifference or my anger or me trying to be someone they'd like.

I dunno, it's been a funny old day. Keep safe.

Take care of yourself, man. You do deserve it.

And you've been a voice of calm and reason and reassurance ITT for awhile now, so you're doing quite the opposite of making people feel uncomfortable or bad!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Saros posted:

That its the end of the loving Tories because enough of their MP's discovered that there is strength in Union and the boss can't fire you all is some absolutely top shelf grade A hellworld poo poo.
I really want to make sure this idea makes it into the next podcast, it's fantastic.

It's all fantastic.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
It looks like his tie is 10 inches wide.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I really want to make sure this idea makes it into the next podcast, it's fantastic.

It's all fantastic.

Who do you think will history remember as the destroyer of the Tories? Pigfucker, BJ or Corbyn?

Nobody will remember May lol.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

winegums posted:

maybe kennedyposting needs to be filed alongside weetposting, but goddamn she's so credulously dumb.

I too view politics as a very grey and depressing generation of Pokémon

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

winegums posted:

https://twitter.com/bumpfn/status/1155450237542121474

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
we may or may not all be hosed but at least we're hosed in a new and interesting way every day rather than the constant unchanging loving we were getting with theresa may. this is at least exciting, I tell myself

Thetobester
Jul 14, 2012
You know, I had been getting concerned that Johnson might manage to make himself look like the strongman, and hoover up enough fash votes in the next election to get through. I don't know how much of this the average bloke is going to see, and the mail and express have been sucking his dick so hard it's in danger of falling off, but I'm feeling a lot less worried now.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
Has anyone said strong and stable yet

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It's all fantastic.

Podcasting is Praxis Episode 2: There are tories in a Union

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

There’s a lot of military and police helicopters in The city airspace right now - is westminster palace on fire yet?

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
clarke is a tory and can eat poo poo but i am getting guilty sense of satisfaction of watching him tear into the rest of the party

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Thetobester posted:

You know, I had been getting concerned that Johnson might manage to make himself look like the strongman, and hoover up enough fash votes in the next election to get through. I don't know how much of this the average bloke is going to see, and the mail and express have been sucking his dick so hard it's in danger of falling off, but I'm feeling a lot less worried now.

The only Tory that could pull that off would probably be Raab but he's so psycho he'd never get the chance

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Sanitary Naptime posted:

New thread title Nownownownownow.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Quick summary of today for an Australian-

1. Why are they in parliament I thought BJ shut parliament in a rather controversial fashion?

2. Can he still just snap call an election for after the 31st of October, thus screwing everything up and forcing a no deal anyway?

3. Did today actually “matter”, aka has it actually changed the odds of no deal not happening anymore?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Election fairness rules would be the undoing of Johnson given he looks like this with all the media bias the tories naturally get.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Angepain posted:

we may or may not all be hosed but at least we're hosed in a new and interesting way every day rather than the constant unchanging loving we were getting with theresa may. this is at least exciting, I tell myself

Turns out it was a multiple choice: "May; you live in interesting times".

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Bwahahhahaa hell yes. New thread title right there!

(When is the new podcast being recorded?)

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Ahaha, apparently Mogg brought up Parnell to show just how bad things have gotten, as if any English person outside of a history degree would have any clue who he is.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

teacup posted:

1. Why are they in parliament I thought BJ shut parliament in a rather controversial fashion?

2. Can he still just snap call an election for after the 31st of October, thus screwing everything up and forcing a no deal anyway?

3. Did today actually “matter”, aka has it actually changed the odds of no deal not happening anymore?

1) They haven't prorogued Parliament (yet). I think it was due to happen later this week/next week?

2) He absolutely could. Rumours are that (depending on how he does it) Labour would either seek to amend the bill calling for an election to ensure it happens before B Day, or just not vote for it (as it requires a 2/3s majority).

3) Nothing much has happened yet

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

teacup posted:

1. The closure wasn't scheduled until next week.

2. He can call for it, but he needs parliament to go for it, which they won't. They'll secure an extension first and then fire that gun.

3. Today is the setup for tomorrow, in which all of the above poo poo goes down. It has mattered in that they lost their majority today though.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

:lol:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

teacup posted:

They went back to Westminster today after their long summer holidays.
The 'prorogation' (contraversial closure) is due to start next week - can't remember which day
I'm not sure about the election bit.
I think today might have changed things because tories are starting to call his bluff and some people (not all) are beginning to see that actually Johnson is a pathetic weakling, not the strong man they thought.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Junior G-man posted:

Bwahahhahaa hell yes. New thread title right there!

(When is the new podcast being recorded?)

New episode should have been tomorrow night, but we've moved it to Thursday to allow for voting and hot takes to be formulated.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

teacup posted:

1. Why are they in parliament I thought BJ shut parliament in a rather controversial fashion? It went to some judge to make the call tomorrow at 10:00

2. Can he still just snap call an election for after the 31st of October, thus screwing everything up and forcing a no deal anyway? not directly due to it needing a majority vote, but he potentially push the date past the 31st once an election is called

3. Did today actually “matter”, aka has it actually changed the odds of no deal not happening anymore? prob not, but possibly

these answers might be wrong

e: nvm beaten

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Sanitary Naptime posted:

New episode should have been tomorrow night, but we've moved it to Thursday to allow for voting and hot takes to be formulated.

Sent you a PM.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

kustomkarkommando posted:

I'm sure they will vote on big ticket bills that draw media but on smaller more run of the mill matters I'm not sure they will shift much - especially without some significant sweetners.

Like anything which doesn't effect Barnett consequentials etc

They voted against England letting its shops open on Sunday. Not sure that counts as big ticket.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

teacup posted:

1. he announced he was going to shut it but it's due for like the 9th or something

2. the fixed term parliament act says he needs a 2/3 majority of MPs to call an election, which definitely won't happen, but practically he could with a simple majority, which still won't happen

3. maybe?

e; fvb

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Loving the pans away from this shambling gammon to pro-remain tories as they look at him like they just stepped in dogshit

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Sanitary Naptime posted:

˙ɥƃnoɥʇ ʎɐpoʇ ʎʇᴉɹoɾɐɯ ɹᴉǝɥʇ ʇsol ʎǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʇ uᴉ pǝɹǝʇʇɐɯ sɐɥ ʇI ˙uʍop sǝoƃ ʇᴉɥs ǝʌoqɐ ǝɥʇ ɟo llɐ ɥɔᴉɥʍ uᴉ 'ʍoɹɹoɯoʇ ɹoɟ dnʇǝs ǝɥʇ sᴉ ʎɐpo┴ ˙Ɛ

˙unƃ ʇɐɥʇ ǝɹᴉɟ uǝɥʇ puɐ ʇsɹᴉɟ uoᴉsuǝʇxǝ uɐ ǝɹnɔǝs ll,ʎǝɥ┴ ˙ʇ,uoʍ ʎǝɥʇ ɥɔᴉɥʍ 'ʇᴉ ɹoɟ oƃ oʇ ʇuǝɯɐᴉlɹɐd spǝǝu ǝɥ ʇnq 'ʇᴉ ɹoɟ llɐɔ uɐɔ ǝH ˙ᄅ

˙ʞǝǝʍ ʇxǝu lᴉʇun pǝlnpǝɥɔs ʇ,usɐʍ ǝɹnsolɔ ǝɥ┴ ˙Ɩ
jeez, at least post it in a format he can read it n00b

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

The only Tory that could pull that off would probably be Raab but he's so psycho he'd never get the chance

i was worried Gavin Spiderman would be the military tough guy wanting to run the country like an Age of Empires game, which i could see being popular with a lot of the tory crowd

but i heard him talk for the first time today lmao

he sounds just like this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=377aCGXmY9Q

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Junior G-man posted:

Sent you a PM.

suddenly boris appears at sanitary naptime's back door, harumphing at the window and demanding to be let in

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.
On this very busy evening of political *fun* I just wanted to report back some good vibes...

I was very encouraged by my first CLP meet last night, encouraging to hear lots of good views & pretty good diversity too! If/When there is an election I'm going to help canvas IDS's area - the Lab potential is Faiza Shaheen and she sounds Amazing. IDS is a loving poo poo and if I can have ANY helping hand in giving him the shove I'll be elated.

After the main meeting we headed to a pub that smelled like they hadn't reupholstered since before the smoking ban but it had a dart board and pints for £3.50 (which for London & not a Spoons is pretty smashing). :)

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Most recent list of Tories who intent to tell Boris where to stuff it:

quote:

This brings to 17 the number of Conservative MPs who intend to break ranks with the government, despite the threat of having the party whip removed.

Here is the updated list:
- Richard Benyon, former fisheries minister
- Greg Clark, former business secretary
- Guto Bebb*, former defence minister
- Alistair Burt*, former Foreign Office minister
- David Gauke, former justice secretary
- Dominic Grieve, former attorney-general
- Justine Greening*, former education secretary
- Sam Gyimah, former university minister
- Philip Hammond, former chancellor
- Richard Harrington, former business minister
- Margot James, former culture minister
- Oliver Letwin*, former Cabinet Office minister
- Phillip Lee, former justice minister
- Caroline Nokes, former immigration minister
- Antoinette Sandbach, MP for Eddisbury
- Nicholas Soames*, former armed forces minister, longtime MP and grandson of Winston Churchill
- Rory Stewart, former international development secretary

All these MPs are set to be kicked out of the Conservative party tonight and will be barred from standing at the next election.

*Indicates MP has announced she/he won’t be standing at the next election anyway.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

painted into a coroner posted:

Ahaha, apparently Mogg brought up Parnell to show just how bad things have gotten, as if any English person outside of a history degree would have any clue who he is.
Well, apparently he's so invested in the No-Deal debate, he fell asleep sprawled across the bench like a goddamn hobo. :cool:

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Ratjaculation posted:

good job mate

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Angepain posted:

suddenly boris appears at sanitary naptime's back door, harumphing at the window and demanding to be let in

How did you know :staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

^^^ E: What can this riddle mean? (got your pm and replied)

Ratjaculation posted:

loving hell, thought I was having a stroke there.

then I realised i was reading a ratjaculation post