Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I wish I was confident there weren't enough useless fucks to vote for Boris to let him win the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

suck my woke dick posted:

Mogg is the dumb person's idea of a posh smart person.

The Jordan Peterson of the 18th century.

I think it was on the Bugle podcast I heard someone describe Mogg as 'Our Crocodile Dundee. An outdated backwards-looking caricature of our national stereotypes. Only with the unfortunate additional downside of being real.'

Deptfordx fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 3, 2019

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Junior G-man posted:

Most recent list of Tories who intent to tell Boris where to stuff it:

I only just learned that a person called Guto Bebb exists and now he's not even going to be around come the next election. Heartbreaking.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
So that quote from bioshock about the eggs all being in the scramble applies here?

That's its just a free for all and the dice could land anyway?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Ratjaculation posted:

jeez, at least post it in a format he can read it n00b

took me way too long to get this

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Angepain posted:

I only just learned that a person called Guto Bebb exists and now he's not even going to be around come the next election. Heartbreaking.

Someone described him as the honourable member for the Star Wars Expanded Universe and I can't stop lolling at that

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

If this bit about Labour voting through the No-Brexit bill and then just sitting on their hands watching Boris flounder while abstaining from an election vote, that would be hysterically funny.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

the disgraced former defence secretary liam fox is such a loving wasteman

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Angepain posted:

It's a perfectly unremarkable name, what's the fuss?

(I live in deepest, darkest Wales)

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
https://twitter.com/nicholaswatt/status/1168971224648683521

lets go baby

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Thornberry has said that Labour won't vote for a GE without the No-Deal Bill as well

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

quote:

In the Commons Nick Boles, the former Tory who now sits as an independent, is speaking now. He recalls the day he woke up in hospital in 2017, where he was being treated for cancer, and got read to go to the Commons to vote for article 50 to be triggered. His blood cell count was low, and there was a high chance of infection, he says. But he was driven to the Commons to vote because he believed the referendum vote should be respected.

He says he has voted for a Brexit deal. But what he will not do is accept a no-deal Brexit.

He says taking this stand lost him the support of his local Tory association, and led to him leaving the party. But he has no regrets. He has put what is right for the country ahead of his self-interest. How many members of the cabinet can say the same?

He says he is the only MP in parliament sitting as an independent progressive conservative. But he urges other MPs to join him so that they can provide a new force in parliament.

Those are some very, very powerful brainspiders.

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.
Hahahaha fox called it the coalition of chaos someone post the Cameron quote AGAIN.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Sanitary Naptime posted:

loving hell, thought I was having a stroke there.

then I realised i was reading a ratjaculation post

I often have a stroke when reading a ratjaculation post.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Sitting as a moronic oxymoron.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Finally put Parliament TV back on, just missed Billiam Cash & Liam Fox but just in time to hear Anna Soubry. Barf. Tories, Tories, everywhere.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Junior G-man posted:

If this bit about Labour voting through the No-Brexit bill and then just sitting on their hands watching Boris flounder while abstaining from an election vote, that would be hysterically funny.

Guardian posted:

Thornberry says Labour will not vote for general election until bill ruling out no-deal Brexit becomes law

Emily Thornberry, the shadow foreign secretary, has just told Sky News that Labour is desperate to hold a general election. But, asked if Labour would support a vote for a general election tomorrow, she says the party might abstain, or vote against. She says the party wants to see the bill ruling out a no-deal Brexit on 31 October passed first.

Under the Letwin plan, the bill could become law on Monday.

No 10 has been saying that, if the government loses the vote tonight, Boris Johnson will push for a vote on an early election tomorrow. But without Labour’s support, he will not get the two-thirds majority required under the Fixed-term Parliaments Act for the vote to be operable.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Finally put Parliament TV back on, just missed Billiam Cash & Liam Fox but just in time to hear Anna Soubry. Barf. Tories, Tories, everywhere.

Billiam Cash is not an actual name what the gently caress

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Adding to positive news in the thread, It was announced today that I have been awarded a grant that is generally considered to be one of the more prestigious ones in my field, to do amazing research at a really nice UK University.

It's from the European Research Council and if we no deal or if the deal doesn't include ERC membership, I'll be in a world of poo poo. :eng99:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

painted into a coroner posted:

Billiam Cash is not an actual name what the gently caress

Yes, he's actually Sir William Cash but he's a oval office so I'm intentionally messing up his name because I'm a child.

Soubry giving that rhetorical blowie to the Tories. loving gross. She's meant to be the leader of an opposition party!

And after Soubry it's Dominic Grieve. Tories all the way down.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Someone described him as the honourable member for the Star Wars Expanded Universe and I can't stop lolling at that

I was just about to make that joke

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Liam Fox looks like he’s about to cry

Dog Pipes
Jan 17, 2015

Diet Crack posted:

Liam Fox looks like he’s about to cry

Liam Fox doing the old 'coalition of chaos' mantra again. Like the current situation isn't off the charts chaotic

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Yes, he's actually Sir William Cash but he's a oval office so I'm intentionally messing up his name because I'm a child.

Soubry giving that rhetorical blowie to the Tories. loving gross. She's meant to be the leader of an opposition party!

And after Soubry it's Dominic Grieve. Tories all the way down.

Oh lmao, sorry! I actually believed it was real with names like Guto Bebb being in the mix.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

What a great day, Boris has hosed it and my estate agent wrote me an email to let me know I'm getting a partial refund of my deposit because they're not allowed to hold more than five weeks' rent now :getin:

Dog Pipes
Jan 17, 2015

forkboy84 posted:

It's fine. I refuse to capitalise 'tory' or 'tories'.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

ratjaculation is a gem

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Sit up properly soggy mog oval office.

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.
Is JRM lying down?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I don't get the Guto Bebb thing. It's a pretty normal Welsh name.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Diet Crack posted:

Disgraced Former Defense Secretary Liam Fox looks like he’s about to cry

ftfy

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Xeno posted:

Is JRM lying down?

Yes

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/erskinechilders/status/1168960838100762625

Mogg has apparently pissed off Irish Civil War hero Erskine Childers so much that he's tweeting from the grave

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Necrothatcher posted:

English people are very dismissive of Welsh names.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
blob:https://imgur.com/571ee1a8-c033-3045-9483-6575f329f4e1

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Necrothatcher posted:

The only Welsh person I really knew was a nationalist who rabidly defended his military family's actions in Northern Ireland during the Troubles.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
fine whatever imgur

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Most people in Wales on holiday from Stoke, in my experience

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU