Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Absolutely crying laughing at this

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...f08dc69e1515947

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

jabby posted:

https://twitter.com/reuterspictures/status/1169009600101781512
She's still terrible, but I can't help but share her joy here.

hahaahaaaaaaaaaaahahaha

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
ha ha yess get your poo poo kicked in boris

Amazing back and forth on withdrawing the whip, guess when you're hosed either way the Johnson play is to lean into the spiteful option, but not before comically undermining yourself lol

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

https://twitter.com/wariotifo/status/1169018239898279937?s=20

I am dying at this picture of corbs.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

jabby posted:

https://twitter.com/reuterspictures/status/1169009600101781512
She's still terrible, but I can't help but share her joy here.

She was gleeful during the debate, she was sitting beside Ken Clarke and was happy as poo poo when he was ripping into Boris.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Necrothatcher posted:

I'm curious to see how Corbyn not going for a GE will play. I think his reasoning is sound, but it reads a bit funny if you don't know the details of what's going on.

the current line seems to be "we do want an election but we need to get this bill done first" which I think is concise enough for general understanding

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Angepain posted:

yes I think a number of Tories are into that

probably a couple of people ITT as well

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Sep 3, 2019

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Julio Cruz posted:

My apologies, I didn't mean to mis-gender you.

Nah its cool just a heads up

Just sick of this brexit poo poo, sick of false hope.

Like it's affecting my health at this point

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
I remember when us yanks thought the Republicans were going to implode like this. It's blessed to see it happen on your side at least.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
I still believe their only goal is to drag this out until no-deal can't be prevented, then lose the GE and gently caress off to collect their millions.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

peanut- posted:

I think the longer Johnson can be kept around looking incompetent and incapable of delivering turbo Brexit, the more likely the Brexit Party will be heavily involved in a GE which is what will gently caress the Tories.

Watching Newsnight what was really striking was the unity of the opposition. They lined up Labour, the Lib Dems and the SNP and asked 'what now?' and the answer from every one was 'block no deal, then we have an election'. And after that? 'Second referendum.'

At the last election Labour were basically being attacked from all sides. I'm sure some of that will happen again, but if the other parties can bring themselves to turn the majority of their fire on the Tories then all bets are off.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Igotadigbick posted:

For all the immensely good plays going on right now I would still poo poo myself at a GE. I cant trust the british public to not gently caress things up spectacularly and end up in super-turbo-megabrexit

:same: I could easily see Actual Hitler being PM with the correct combination of people inexplicably voting LDs / boomer living corpses drooling over paup misery / midlands voting to gently caress everyone because they got tired of being poo poo on forever

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Julio Cruz posted:

the current line seems to be "we do want an election but we need to get this bill done first" which I think is concise enough for general understanding

I think if they went for an election right away part of the lib dem message would be that Labour was being reckless so I think its a pretty smart move.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

peanut- posted:

I think the longer Johnson can be kept around looking incompetent and incapable of delivering turbo Brexit, the more likely the Brexit Party will be heavily involved in a GE which is what will gently caress the Tories.

yeah its a bit of a double edged sword cause it also gives him more chances to reassure them, which is what he's doing now.
presumably PMQs tomorrow will just be him trying to be all sturm and drang about parliaments treason while they laugh and jeer him, its not for them, its for the fringe base
i sort of feel like he and the media might be overestimating the size of the no deal fringe as a voting base though

he's obviously going to be playing a populist campaign and that would work against miliband but corbyn is also doing a populist campaign and has had more time to do the groundwork.

my GE worry is that the centre lets us down and the labour centre leaves and tory centre holds but that looks less likely today than it has for a long time

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

moostaffa posted:

I still believe their only goal is to drag this out until no-deal can't be prevented, then lose the GE and gently caress off to collect their millions.

Fortunately they've had that opportunity taken away from them, what with their -43 majority and a humiliating commons defeat.

Man, I am going to sleep well tonight.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Watching the Beeb right now and every single headline tomorrow is how de Pfeffel has fully hosed it, lost control, been humiliated. Even the beeb are basically saying "Lmao he wanted to be PM and if he loses this election he's gonna be really sad.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Necrothatcher posted:

I'm curious to see how Corbyn not going for a GE will play. I think his reasoning is sound, but it reads a bit funny if you don't know the details of what's going on.

"You're scared of an election!" cries Boris as he rolls on the ground having his head kicked in by Corbyn and everyone else

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Presumably we don't need very long before a pre-Brexit election is impossible, at which point Labour is free to VONC away (assuming no deal has been blocked in some way).

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Hentai Jihadist posted:

yeah but imagine that the england football team are also useless jellyfish so its an actual accomplishment

wait.. thats basically exactly what supporting england is like

Lol England reached a World Cup semi final and play really well with some of Europe’s best players, which makes the analogy more apt because like Labour, the media hates them for *reasons* and repeats those reasons enough until the idea seeps into culture and accepted memory.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
Somehow the Brexit party will end up winning the election.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Total Meatlove posted:

Lol England reached a World Cup semi final and play really well with some of Europe’s best players, which makes the analogy more apt because like Labour, the media hates them for *reasons* and repeats those reasons enough until the idea seeps into culture and accepted memory.

no no no

i watched that world cup with great enthusiasm

we stumbled our way into a semi final and bottled it

the penalty victory was magical though...

e: thats not fair, the team was okay this time. not great though

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Hahaha I'd forgotten about this

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I remember when us yanks thought the Republicans were going to implode like this. It's blessed to see it happen on your side at least.

the difference is Democrat leadership is doing everything possible to keep the Republicans above water while Corbyn is mostly just letting them flail

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
This is going to make all the Fascist fucks get really mad at each other.

This was supposed to be easy! They were In Charge! Now we are LOSING?!

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Wow I forgot that tomorrow is our shiny new PM's first PMQs. I don't see him pulling a May and sending an underling in his place, surely it's going to be a bloodbath that even the Guardian can't parlay into a draw.

A stormer of a first episode after the break, can't wait to see the thrilling conclusion to this one tomorrow night.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Pfeffy confirmed as least effective PM in history :hellyeah:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I'm not going to sleep well tonight because I'm still up :f5: this thread! Stop the news, I need some kip.

I enjoy how the last few Tory Wormtongues have ruined their respective PMs through their idiot super smart strategies

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

big scary monsters posted:

Wow I forgot that tomorrow is our shiny new PM's first PMQs. I don't see him pulling a May and sending an underling in his place, surely it's going to be a bloodbath that even the Guardian can't parlay into a draw.

A stormer of a first episode after the break, can't wait to see the thrilling conclusion to this one tomorrow night.

I have never looked forward to a PMQs until now lmao

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

big scary monsters posted:

itll be him railing against parliament presumably and trying to scare his remaining allies with the wrath of the unwashed masses demanding their no deal breakfast

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Proud Christian Mom posted:

the difference is Democrat leadership is doing everything possible to keep the Republicans above water while Corbyn is mostly just letting them flail

And will soon hold their heads under

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Sanitary Naptime posted:

I have never looked forward to a PMQs until now lmao

The wannabe fash guy in my office is going to be snuggling up to the TV every time Boris speaks again and it sucks

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I had forgotten May was still an MP

didn't rebel though, going for the reasonable decorum route i assume

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Total Meatlove posted:

lol since when do the media do anything but give England the sloppiest of blowjobs before every major tournament?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

suck my woke dick posted:

Pfeffy confirmed as least effective PM in history :hellyeah:

ah yes this'll be why Theresa is so happy. Now she's just second worst

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Total Meatlove posted:

Jeremy Corbyn is Raheem Sterling.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!

Total Meatlove posted:

the media hates [the english football team] for *reasons* and repeats those reasons enough until the idea seeps into culture and accepted memory.

This is english privilege

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Darren_Dutton/status/1089298638373879808?s=09

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1169008165461123074

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1169017415520444422

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Angepain posted:

I had forgotten May was still an MP

didn't rebel though, going for the reasonable decorum route i assume

The Tory party is her entire life, she'd never rebel against it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I am surprised it is not more lockstep with the papers. Sun and Times seem to being sticking the boot in to Boris.