Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

EL BROMANCE posted:

Did they release a new episode early by mistake? Had a notification for an Anthony Jeselnik and Dan Lippert episode but when I opened the app it disappeared after a second.

I think so. It popped up in my feed but I thought it was using the unofficial RSS causing old episodes to pop up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Did they release a new episode early by mistake? Had a notification for an Anthony Jeselnik and Dan Lippert episode but when I opened the app it disappeared after a second.
Yeah, Scott mentions that its Labor Day during the podcast, so definitely meant for Monday release. I had it loaded to play in pocketcasts web player (it showed up last night, but I only partially listened to it) and its still playable for me, although its not in the episode list anymore.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
I blame Chevin

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Maybe they're doing what HBO is finally doing which is releasing new episodes of their Sunday shows on the Friday of holiday weekends.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

CBB is mining the Big Grande boys a lot this year. Not that that's a bad idea.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
i think it is. i don't think they should be allowed to perform separately at all.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

but then we wouldnt have gotten the memphis kansas breeze and that would be a much worse world to live in

toot beep

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

beep toot

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

honk beep

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Scott's lil' 'ol movie's trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjljgkCQv5c

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Aukerman's on The Need to Fail this week. He goes into his backstory a lot deeper than other shows. I feel like he rarely does pods like this. Only Box Angeles from years ago comes to mind.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

WerthersWay posted:

Aukerman's on The Need to Fail this week. He goes into his backstory a lot deeper than other shows. I feel like he rarely does pods like this. Only Box Angeles from years ago comes to mind.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I really enjoyed listening to Sean Clements' episode earlier this year.

In other news, a buddy of mine and I are heading down to KC tomorrow for the live show. I really enjoy Ego but I would have loved to have seen Carl Tart. Anyone know if they're releasing the tour episodes this time?

Edit: Looks like the live episodes went up today. Medford, Providence, and New Haven are all in the Comedy Bang Bang Special Edition feed.

Seaniqua fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Sep 4, 2019

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

The Medford episode is totally nuts, especially the last 15 or so minutes. I don't think Lapkus has ever played a less fully realized character quite like Brendin' Fishin'

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I took a selfie with chef Kevin tonight and I feel undeservedly good about it

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

ArtVandelay posted:

The Medford episode is totally nuts, especially the last 15 or so minutes. I don't think Lapkus has ever played a less fully realized character quite like Brendin' Fishin'

I'm only two dates in, but she's on fire in the second one too. Absolutely the best Regina Crimp appearance.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

The Restaurantino's my favorite new characters in years. That New Haven show was spectacular.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

WerthersWay posted:

Thank you for posting this here. It's a really good podcast and I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
My friend and I are going to the Toronto show. He hasn't listened regularly in a few years and we'll have a couple hours drive.

What are some good recent episodes to listen to on the drive?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

LesterGroans posted:

My friend and I are going to the Toronto show. He hasn't listened regularly in a few years and we'll have a couple hours drive.

The recent episode with Kansas Memphis Breeze.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

beep toot

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
On that note, all three of Martin Sheffield Lickley's appearances.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
Furthermore, honk beep.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Right, Left

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

instead of singing happy birthday, trucks honk their horns
some do car alarms, but most honk horns

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

LesterGroans posted:

You could always do the 10 hour anniversary episode! I also tend to like any with Chief / Carl Tart in general. Oh and the Bane/Gil Ozeri one, and the Batman/Bobby Moinihan one (different eps).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Also break it up a little and listen to Carl Alarm on Earwolf Presents, because it’s amazing.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

EL BROMANCE posted:

Also break it up a little and listen to Carl Alarm on Earwolf Presents, because it’s amazing.

Strictly Business with Derek Contrera was also good for some Drew Tarver/Carl Tart stuff

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ooh I’ve not heard that, gonna grab it now. Thanks!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

My take after listening to the tour episodes so far is that I miss PFT doing his old characters. I get why he moved away from them, especially since some of them were based on real people who died, but the last tour felt like the greatest hits (even if I cringed when there was a Cake Boss episode IIRC), whereas this one just feels like a normal CBB, albeit one with good guests. Tbf I think Threedom, which spawned from the last tour, made it feel less special when those three are on stage together too. I'm not saying the tour is bad, just that the last tour was really great and I think this one's going to struggle to reach those heights.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I want the guy to have fun and experiment and come up with new stuff. But I also just want him to play Herzog all the time.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
On the one hand, it's good that CBB is providing space for early-career comedians to perform who have no fanbase among CBB listeners and also let established comedians try out new characters

On the other hand, the fans that made CBB famous don't care about aspiring ARTISTES in LA & NYC and correctly judge the show to be a waste of time now with a lot of loser guests while the good performers fart around with new "characters"

I'm being a dick because this went from my #1 show down to a "usually-skip" year by year, and Scott refuses to acknowledge the problems or try to make things better

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Many CBB fan favorites started out as unknown "artistes" so I would say it's been a pretty successful policy.

Alternatively, source your reddit/earwolf forum quotes

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I just think the show stopped evolving once he found his formula. I don't think it's any worse or less funny now, but it sure does feel repetitive to the point that I also skip most episodes. The TV show was refreshing in that regard, because they seemed to really want to mix it up constantly. But on the podcast, Scott needs to retire all the tired jokes and bits and get some fresh ideas in there and let the show keep growing and let the format start evolving again.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I think it's pretty normal for a show in its 11th year to not be at its creative peak, so I'm not too upset about it. I'd still go to a tour appearance if they ever bothered to visit Florida, and if they're still doing the meet up line after the show, I'd still do that too, and fan out like crazy, especially for PFT. Like I said, I get why he and to some extent Lauren moved away from doing their old characters as much, and if they hadn't there's every chance I'd be on here going 'man some of those old characters are getting pretty stale,' but tour episodes just seem like a good time to bring them back to me since they're mostly for superfans anyway. They've been on the shelf for a while, so why not bring them back for a special appearance and mine the nostalgia?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

I know he'll never do it again but I'd love for one more PFT Ice-T appearance just to hear him graciously accept another one of Scott's apologies.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Seaniqua posted:

I know he'll never do it again but I'd love for one more PFT Ice-T appearance just to hear him graciously accept another one of Scott's apologies.

I always expect Ice-T to come up whenever Ego does Entrée PeeE Neur, but if he has I missed it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Did anyone see that weird Thomas Middlditch playboy interview about swinging

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Help Im Alive posted:

It really reads like him browbeating his wife into it and it's weird af

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

made himself look like an rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

WoodrowSkillson posted:

It really reads like him browbeating his wife into it and it's weird af

Yeah it was a really terrible ad for poly relationships being healthy when he kept presenting it as him dragging his wife into situations she wasn't thrilled with and then talking about it when she prefers privacy.

https://twitter.com/MrDumbBitch/status/1173995786150936576

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Sep 19, 2019