Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
"classic" https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1169206620292898821

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henry Black
Jun 27, 2004

If she's not making this face, you're not doing it right.
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1168108431313657856

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
CARACAS!!!!! GEDDIT LIKE CRACKERS!!!! I AM A GOOD PM

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Maybe he just needs Ian Hislop and Paul Merton to gently chuckle at everything he says

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

the posh laughter makes me sharpen my machete

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Barry Shitpeas posted:

"dither and delay" is the new "strong and stable"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Bro u just posted cringe on the timeline!!!! You are going to loose Cabinet members!

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
What do the tories rally behind in the event of an election? There's no way it's the leadership of Boris Johnson, they have no consensus on brexit (their only popular policy) and 'Corbyn is a dangerous authoritarian lunatic' doesn't really fly when your guy is is Boris doing this poo poo. I can't begin to imagine what they could put in a manifesto that won't alienate half their base. Feeling pretty good about the results of a campaign with an enthused Labour party vs completely demoralised Tories

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Blackford outright calling Johnson a dictator. That's something.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Grey Hunter posted:

Lets see who the papers who the papers support after this, that will be telling.

Well in many ways it's hard to see a winner here, Johnson is struggling but also CORBYN BAD, whereas the government has not presented a clear plan and cannot assure that an election will be scheduled for after a no deal exit, CORBYN ALSO BAD AND WRONG

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Red Oktober posted:

I thought him calling BoJo a 'new boy' was hilarious.

Henry Black
Jun 27, 2004

If she's not making this face, you're not doing it right.
Fun Shoe

Red Oktober posted:

"I know he's a new boy... but we ask the questions, he's supposed to answer them."

I'd almost vote SNP if I could

Edit: Boris slips with "I want to have an election... I mean, uh, I would have one..."

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Convex posted:

Well in many ways it's hard to see a winner here, Johnson is struggling but also CORBYN BAD, whereas the government has not presented a clear plan and cannot assure that an election will be scheduled for after a no deal exit, CORBYN ALSO BAD AND WRONG

Yeah, thats how its always been, but if we see a shift, its going to be Johnsons death knell.

The will be no shift.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Henry Black posted:

Edit: Boris slips with "I want to have an election... I mean, uh, I would have one..."

:cripes:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Whats the timeline for today if anyone has it to hand?

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Tsaedje posted:

What do the tories rally behind in the event of an election? There's no way it's the leadership of Boris Johnson, they have no consensus on brexit (their only popular policy) and 'Corbyn is a dangerous authoritarian lunatic' doesn't really fly when your guy is is Boris doing this poo poo. I can't begin to imagine what they could put in a manifesto that won't alienate half their base. Feeling pretty good about the results of a campaign with an enthused Labour party vs completely demoralised Tories

The no-deal vote is still a very strong one. Labour's goal right now is to chip away at that by making him seem weak on brexit. They're off to a pretty fantastic start

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

CyberPingu posted:

quote:

11.30am: The Commons sitting starts with Welsh questions.

12pm: Boris Johnson takes PMQs. This will be his first PMQs as prime minister. Given that parliament may well be prorogued by next Wednesday, and that if there is an early election he could lose, it could be his last one too.

Around 12.50pm: Sajid Javid, the chancellor, makes a Commons statement about the spending review.

3pm: MPs begin the debate on Hilary Benn’s bill designed to rule out a no-deal Brexit on 31 October.

Around 3.30pm: Peers start debating a business motion tabled by Labour designed to ensure that, if the Benn bill gets to the Lords, it will complete its passage through the house by 5pm on Friday.

5pm: MPs vote for the second reading of the bill. That is a yes/no vote on whether it should go ahead. After that MPs will spend two hours debating amendments to the bill.

7pm: MPs vote on amendments to the bill and for its third reading. There are likely to be several votes, each one taking 15 minutes.

Mid-evening: After voting on the Benn bill is finished MPs will have a 90-minute debate on Boris Johnson’s motion saying “that there shall be an early election”. The motion may well pass but the opposition parties are not voting in favour (because they want the Benn bill passed before they agree to an early election), and so Johnson is not expected to get the two-thirds majority needed under the Fixed-term Parliaments Act for an early election to go ahead.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

CyberPingu posted:

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201719/cmagenda/OP190904.pdf

SUMMARY AGENDA: CHAMBER
11.30am Prayers
Afterwards Oral Questions: Wales
12 noon Oral Questions: Prime Minister
12.30pm Urgent Questions, Ministerial Statements (if any)
No debate Presentation of Bills
Up to 20 minutes Ten Minute Rule Motion: Compulsory Purchase and Planning
(Emma Hardy)
Until 7.00pm European Union (Withdrawal) (No. 6) Bill: All Stages
Up to 90 minutes Early Parliamentary General Election (Motion)
Until 7.00pm Animal Welfare (Sentencing) Bill: Remaining Stages
No debate after
7.00pm
Motion relating to the membership of the Selection Committee
No debate Presentation of Public Petitions
Until 7.30pm or for
half an hour
Adjournment Debate: Treasury funding for the Department of
Health and Social Care (Robert Halfon)

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Bercow relishing chiding johnson

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Failed Imagineer posted:

Yeah in future we just direct all US goons kramering in with opinions and questions to this twet

The past tense of tweeting is twat

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
:lol: Johnson getting bollocked by Bercow for refering to Corbyn by name (and not "Right Honourable"). He really is loving shook.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Nice piece of fish posted:

twat, twet, will twet

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Ta

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Nice piece of fish posted:

alright david cameron

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Johnson really trying to push that "Surrender Bill" meme.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/04/brexit-minister-complains-eu-has-offered-no-solutions-to-irish-backstop

Haha "please do the work for us"

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Even Blackford is taking shots at him now and getting a response.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
Has he answered a single question yet?

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

quote:

Douglas Ross, a Conservative, asks what Johnson is doing to ensure the US do not impose tariffs on Scotch whisky.

Johnson says Scotch is one of those products that will benefit from a trade deal with the US.

Johnson also says that a trade deal with the US will involve magical unicorns that fart all the poverty out of Scotland and the UK.

How can anyone think this is remotely credible :psyduck:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Pesky Splinter posted:

Johnson really trying to push that "Surrender Bill" meme.

yeah its gonna be an orchestrated push with the fash shitrags i assume

itd be sweet if there was some kind of rule of decorum that prevented lying in parliament, rather than a rule banning you from calling someone out for it

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

moostaffa posted:

How could he?! What has he actually got left except bluster and bullshit?

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Would love it if Varadkar plain refused to meet Johnson.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Hentai Jihadist posted:

yeah its gonna be an orchestrated push with the fash shitrags i assume

Clearly. Same with demanding that Corbyn support an election on the 15th October. While also CORBYN BAD. :byodood:

Because there's no way they could spin this shitshow as anything other than bad without some soundbytes. Like, watching it, it's self evident just how loving poo poo he is.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

moostaffa posted:

He's answered the question of whether Corbyn is piffle paffling about Brexit

I mean, no one actually asked it, but still

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

There should be a punishment of 30 lashes for presenting a cost figure thats not backed up by any substantial documents

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

im not really sure why hes pretending hes looking for a deal, who is that for?

the hardcore brexfreaks hes courting are fine with no deal
parliament already hates him
nobody else buys it

its weird its like there are two halves to bojos admin where one half is pretending to support a deal in order to NDB and the other half is pretending to support NDB in order to do a deal and neither side knows what the actual plan is

i guess we had a similar thing with May where everything she said about her brexit deal was absolute nonsense and everyone in the world knew it but for some reason they keep up the pretense

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Pesky Splinter posted:

Clearly. Same with demanding that Corbyn support an election on the 15th October. While also CORBYN BAD. :byodood:

I don't want an election
Will Corbyn commit to having an election

I know the majority of the media will ignore this, but he's patently lying.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Keir Starmer is saying labour wont vote for an election :(

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Good question from vernon whatsit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Chuka Umana posted:

Keir Starmer is saying labour wont vote for an election :(

until they can stop boris loving around with it to force no deal its a bad idea. once no deal is blocked its fine