Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'm still quite nervous he's going to end up winning an election with a majority. The bullshit idea that no deal is somehow a clean break and closure to the Brexit process seems to have taken root quite widely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Comrade Fakename posted:

He’ll probably win a bill to call an election eventually. Even if everyone agrees to the election they should VONC him out just for a laugh.

Why stop there? Pass a bill so he has to attend PMQs in a nappy and bonnet, with a dummy in his mouth

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/DavidLammy/status/1169663276231405568

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

peanut- posted:

I'm still quite nervous he's going to end up winning an election with a majority. The bullshit idea that no deal is somehow a clean break and closure to the Brexit process seems to have taken root quite widely.

no deal is better than a bad deal was an insanely stupid slogan by an insanely stupid woman

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Blundering into another minor crisis of their own making:

https://twitter.com/CMO_England/status/1169673321522388995

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

peanut- posted:

It's only taken root amongst the "PROJECT FEAR :magical:" brainwormees who are happy to latch on to it to get rid of the evil EU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Junior G-man posted:

I think he's extremely aware of the optics and extremely comfortable with them.

“If you’re incapable of projecting strength on your own, bring in some cops to project it for you” isn’t really a new play per se

ThanosWasRight
May 12, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
There are young people who support torries? Good God, WHY?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tarquin needs something to do of an afternoon.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I hope Jacob gets mogged by a unimog.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ThanosWasRight posted:

Private schools mostly.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

ThanosWasRight posted:

Gotta fight those inheritance taxes somehow to binge on the lavish estate.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

peanut- posted:

Same. But also that in general the yoot won't turn out in large enough numbers, or vote for the Lib Dems if they do.

A Labour majority is an absolute pipe dream, right? At least very unlikely? (This to everyone who feels like scrying)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao

https://twitter.com/PoliceInspForum/status/1169646891400880130?s=20

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

ThanosWasRight posted:

Not one rural accent among them.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
drat even your cops hate the tories

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Barry Foster posted:

A Labour majority is an absolute pipe dream, right? At least very unlikely? (This to everyone who feels like scrying)

It's possible bordering on probable.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Necrothatcher posted:

Don't play with my heart like that, mate. I've been hurt before.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1169660274065969152?s=19

"Yes, I realise he is an amoral smoothbrained clownfucker who just shat all over his own balls, but this will surely resonate with his voter base of absolute loving morons"

:thunk:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

drat even your cops hate the tories

I mean, for reasons I can't fathom, the Tories cut their pay and numbers too. If you have a general programme of austerity you're gonna need MORE cops idiots, Thatcher knew that.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The pied prat leading the plebs.

We have a lot of fine ditches awaiting you Boris.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Failed Imagineer posted:

"Yes, I realise he is an amoral smoothbrained clownfucker who just shat all over his own balls, but this will surely resonate with his voter base of absolute loving morons"

:thunk:

"Yes he slipped on a banana peel and fell over onto his own sword but it was to deliver Brexit what an amazing sacrifice, absolute hero"

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Necrothatcher posted:

Depends on whether Farage stands down or not (I suspect yes) but I'll take Labour/SNP if I can get it.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
So generally: lmao, Boris is coming apart at the stitching and literally everyone can see it, the news I can see is largely over him becoming more unglued by the hour in full view of the public

this police thing was hilarious

it's astounding how little support from any of the rest of the establishment the brexit tories have

Pencils R Cool
Feb 16, 2011
https://twitter.com/bbcquestiontime/status/1169645803192946689

Tempted to give it a hate-watch but then I'm also tempted to hate-play the Final Fantasy VIII remaster.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I have to think that if the guy who P45-ed May tried the same gag on Boris he'd take it, read it somberly, and then wander off into the sunset humming the West Wing theme

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Barry Foster posted:

Same. But also that in general the yoot won't turn out in large enough numbers, or vote for the Lib Dems if they do.

Really hard to tell honestly, Boris appears completely incapable of managing either his own party or public speaking. At this rate he's looking like he might have to fold on his brexit deadline, and then get VONCed by Labour rather than calling an election on his terms.

The biggest risk, I think, is more that labour starts to look like a cat playing with a half dead bird and people start feeling genuinely bad for boris as a result lol. Or he sinks the tories so low that BXP gets all the votes.

feedmegin posted:

Depends on whether Farage stands down or not (I suspect yes) but I'll take Labour/SNP if I can get it.

Surely farage is gonna go full on against the tories with boris being such a loving moron, and split their vote as a result?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Really hard to tell honestly, Boris appears completely incapable of managing either his own party or public speaking. At this rate he's looking like he might have to fold on his brexit deadline, and then get VONCed by Labour rather than calling an election on his terms.

The biggest risk, I think, is more that labour starts to look like a cat playing with a half dead bird and people start feeling genuinely bad for boris as a result lol. Or he sinks the tories so low that BXP gets all the votes.

Surely farage is gonna go full on against the tories with boris being such a loving moron, and split their vote as a result?

He opens his mouth far too much, reminding people what a prat he is, for sympathy to build.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
He looks like he's been on a 4 day bender

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1169681044573962240

The idea that no deal constitutes "moving on" makes me so loving angry. It's clear that the only goal for him in all of this is to kill the Brexit Party vote and let the headbangers give him a majority.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Why? He wants hard Brexit. He's repeatedly mentioned a pact with the Tories. We want to him to split their vote but I'm not seeing it.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Total Meatlove posted:

Go Social Network style and stick impact font over a picture

We call those ‘image macros,’ youngun

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Barry Foster posted:

a labour majority is about as unlikely as tezza not getting a majority in 2017 so sadly we're doomed

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

peanut- posted:

He looks like he's been on a 4 day bender

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1169681044573962240

The idea that no deal constitutes "moving on" makes me so loving angry. It's clear that the only goal for him in all of this is to kill the Brexit Party vote and let the headbangers give him a majority.

He has reached the lowest point May sank to when she went on TV to slag off parliament and possibly incite violence towards MPs earlier this year.

Already.

:stare:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pencils R Cool posted:

https://twitter.com/bbcquestiontime/status/1169645803192946689

Tempted to give it a hate-watch but then I'm also tempted to hate-play the Final Fantasy VIII remaster.

A 4 to 2 ratio of right wingers. Good going Beeb.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

You seem to forget farage is pro-moron and probably approved of everything Boris has done

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Dead Goon posted:

Open up Police, woo woo woo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZrAYxWPN6c

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

forkboy84 posted:

A 4 to 2 ratio of right wingers. Good going Beeb.

Yeah they've really improved, good going indeed

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

boris has pissed off a few cops

https://twitter.com/InspGadgetBlogs/status/1169639036757204992?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

glasgow goons explain yourselves because i assume you all also eat like this

https://twitter.com/Melfyx/status/1168583778081607680?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

kustomkarkommando posted:

You seem to forget farage is pro-moron and probably approved of everything Boris has done

Farage runs away when he's about to be given power.
He will do so when the Brexit party looks to him for the elections.
He just wants the money.