Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Jose posted:

glasgow goons explain yourselves because i assume you all also eat like this

https://twitter.com/Melfyx/status/1168583778081607680?s=20

Where's the Before picture?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

peanut- posted:

He looks like he's been on a 4 day bender

Yeah the coke's definitely wearing off.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

It's only taken root amongst the "PROJECT FEAR :magical:" brainwormees who are happy to latch on to it to get rid of the evil EU

As I ranted about yesterday my coworkers all seem to think that it's totally fine probably because they all eat every drop of poo poo directly from the BBC and assume that since nobody in authority said "no deal is actually loving awful" that it must be fine.

This is in spite of the fact that we do something like 50% of our sales to Europe, I heard my boss on the phone earlier talking to someone saying "if there's no deal we'll still be trading with Europe the same, won't we?"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jose posted:

Don't be daft, too many vegetables on that plate. Also not enough deep frying.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Jose posted:

Fiat 500 Twitter

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Mince N'Tatties was lovely before I discovered what flavour was.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Jose posted:

That's a good Irish feeding, that is. I'm hungry now

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Definitely old people food, like my nain and taid used to make. Nice for people who don't know how to season

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
How do you get potatoes this white

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Sloth Life posted:

Aye that's the kind of thing my granny would make when I was wee, it's dead good and I'll die on this hill.

Also I feel like a stuck record saying this yet again but lol, just lol, at today's events from the Tories

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

They've forgotten to assemble their cottage pie

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I hope that if the "everything is always the worst" curse is broken and we get Corbyn as PM that he apologises to the EU for us wasting so much of their time pissing around with Brexit, I feel pretty bad for them now that Boris is straight up lying about what's actually happening.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Overnight here in the antipodes and "dead in a ditch" &etc made it to the hourly radio headlines, second only to Dorian. Though if it wasn't for this thread I'd have been fooled yesterday when they had a bit about "UK opposition votes against early election" that only had soundbites from Boris and forgot to mention it was a massive loss for him.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

crispix posted:

He has reached the lowest point May sank to when she went on TV to slag off parliament and possibly incite violence towards MPs earlier this year.

Already.

:stare:

I would say that at this rate I'd be surprised if he lasts the month, but... who the gently caress would actually replace him? Who'd WANT to replace him?

also jesus who on his staff let him get in front of a camera looking like that. fix your drat hair, boris

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Looks fine except for the unnecessary bread and butter

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Glad to see the UK is entering the "hold my beer" phase.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Why wouldn't you turn those potatoes into mash? Mince 'n spuds are fine, but no buttery mash?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Qwertycoatl posted:

It might be my devilish Southernness speaking but I swear the god the farther away from the SE you go the more white carbs you get with a single meal, until you're getting chips rice and naan bread with your curry :barf:

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Qwertycoatl posted:

The pro move is to roll up the bread, and dunk it into the meat sauce. You want to leave enough of the sauce to have with those plain rear end, boring rear end tatters though

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

RabidWeasel posted:

It might be my devilish Southernness speaking but I swear the god the farther away from the SE you go the more white carbs you get with a single meal, until you're getting chips rice and naan bread with your curry :barf:

I once got a five carb plate in Venezuela. Scotland has nothing on rural Latin America.

Purple Prince
Aug 20, 2011

RabidWeasel posted:

Almost like the North is colder or something

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/SkyeCitySeries/status/1169591560075403264

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

gently caress off Jess Phillips, go be a loving Libdem already.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Vlex posted:

I once got a five carb plate in Venezuela. Scotland has nothing on rural Latin America.

You are like small babby. I routinely have 5 forms of potato with my Irish Xmas dinner, with several more carbs to spare

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Junior G-man posted:

gently caress off Jess Phillips, go be a loving Libdem already.

:same:

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Ms Fuchi posted:

The pro move is to roll up the bread, and dunk it into the meat sauce. You want to leave enough of the sauce to have with those plain rear end, boring rear end tatters though

The pro move is to make a sandwich containing the potatoes and whatever that brown mince gravy thing is.

then toss said sandwich in the trash and make something better balanced and whose main food group isn't simply referred to as 'bland'

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

Jose posted:

Looks pretty good to me.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

RabidWeasel posted:

Half and half is a welsh institution and it’s loving lush

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

SpaceDrake posted:

also jesus who on his staff let him get in front of a camera looking like that. fix your drat hair, boris

Qwertycoatl posted:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

RabidWeasel posted:

I had a chilli con carne at a pub in Sale earlier at a wake. Served with rice, chips and tortilla chips.

Still yet to get my my hands on the ultimate carb feast: the chip pie barm

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jose posted:

I have fond memories of this kind of dinner, but with tomato ketchup instead.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

Excellent! I think this might be the only time I am ever going to say this but good on Morely! For once, they have justified their existence in Yorkshire.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

This is the sort of poo poo George W. Bush had to do over here in the end. He could only give speeches at police get togethers, army bases, the service academies...places where they were legally forbidden from throwing poo poo at him.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Failed Imagineer posted:

You are like small babby. I routinely have 5 forms of potato with my Irish Xmas dinner, with several more carbs to spare

This was five different carbs though. Manioc, bread, rice, potato, pasta, and if you really want to make it six, fried plantain. Anyone can pile up the potatoes, but finding that type of variety to go with a scrap of chicken takes commitment.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
jess phillips is cool

trying to purge mps is tory as gently caress, m8

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Sloth Life posted:

Aye bar the buttered bread I've eaten that in my youth

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Gasmask posted:

jess phillips is cool

That's purgin' talk, mister

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Also the Irish country delicacy of a bowl of vegetable broth with a boiled potato in the middle

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gasmask posted:

jess phillips is cool

gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Vlex posted:

This was five different carbs though. Manioc, bread, rice, potato, pasta, and if you really want to make it six, fried plantain. Anyone can pile up the potatoes, but finding that type of variety to go with a scrap of chicken takes commitment.

I wager we can design The Ultimate Carb Challenge which has all those things plus polenta, pozole, quinoa, fainá (debatable), and what else