Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Dawgstar posted:

That's another one that gets me every time I hear it.
He's like an old baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Another Bill posted:

Fwiw they still show Attack of the Puppet People, The Galaxy Invader and I'm pretty sure WotLK on the twitch.tv/rifftrax channel. Maybe the others too idk.

I caught Attack of the Puppet People the other week and boy is that movie a thing.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Watched Moon Zero Two last night and was actually pretty surprised at how good it was. I always marked off Season 1 in my head as a lost cause and moved on with life.

I think Trace may legitimately be better ad-libbing than scripted.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Moe_Rahn posted:

He's like an old baby.

"Get me a soda pop and a Caramello!"

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
https://twitter.com/billcorbett/status/1169695798348718080?s=21

Skin cancer. Sounds like he’ll make a full recovery but let’s cross those fingers anyway.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Chokes McGee posted:

Watched Moon Zero Two last night and was actually pretty surprised at how good it was. I always marked off Season 1 in my head as a lost cause and moved on with life.

I think Trace may legitimately be better ad-libbing than scripted.

I watched that earlier this year for the first time and I agree. It's a fun little movie too.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

It's S&M day at the Field Museum!

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I will forever love moon zero two just for its period piece animated musical opening

e: god drat i need this poster

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 6, 2019

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

John Murdoch posted:

I caught Attack of the Puppet People the other week and boy is that movie a thing.

It's really unpleasant. And weird.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

free hubcaps posted:

e: god drat i need this poster

Mostly this is making me sad because it's been fifty years, drat it, we SHOULD have gunfights and go-go dancers on the Moon by now. :smith:

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Another Bill posted:

It's really unpleasant. And weird.

~fap!~

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Moon Zero Two is the unexpected hit of the early seasons for me, I really kind of like that movie.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

One season one movie I really enjoy is Untamed Youth, which features Mamie Van Doren (rawr) being sentenced to work at a cotton farm that also charges them room and board so they can never leave. Mostly, though, it's about like sock hops and stuff.

One I really hate is Project Moonbase, because it takes it competent female lead and makes her all gooshy for the oafish male lead which includes suggesting he be made a General so he'll outrank her when they're married and aaaargh.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Moon Zero Two is probably the movie I unironically like the most. With a better script, it probably would be a cult hit.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

the corpse vanishes is a very underrated season one ep.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Moon Zero Two is tragically close to being a good movie. A little less dead air and it'd be solid. As it stands it's colorful and it's got some fun ideas and story and some wonderfully silly poo poo.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mr. Fowl posted:

Moon Zero Two is tragically close to being a good movie. A little less dead air and it'd be solid. As it stands it's colorful and it's got some fun ideas and story and some wonderfully silly poo poo.

Seriously, its a few edits and a couple of slightly better shot compositions away from being a fun space noir film.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

When... you want... the flavor of bacon in a dip!

Gets me every time.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
CROQUET COURTS OF THE GODS

My fiancee and I love the movie so much. It's so goofy and dumb. We sing that dumb loving jingle to one another.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Jet Jaguar posted:

When... you want... the flavor of bacon in a dip!

Gets me every time.
Pu, ma-man, he flies like a moron!

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Powered Descent posted:

Mostly this is making me sad because it's been fifty years, drat it, we SHOULD have gunfights and go-go dancers on the Moon by now. :smith:

Two years to catch up...

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Mr. Fowl posted:

It may be my own UK view, but it's filmed in the same way as 60s Carry On comedy movies were.
And with the cartoon intro, and even has some Carry On actors, I keep thinking it's meant to be a comedy.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

happyhippy posted:

It may be my own UK view, but it's filmed in the same way as 60s Carry On comedy movies were.
And with the cartoon intro, and even has some Carry On actors, I keep thinking it's meant to be a comedy.

Looking at its Wiki page, Variety at the time even said it couldn't make up its mind what it wanted to be.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

moon zero two has one of my all-time favorite riffs, kemp is testing the poison gas on the other guy in the spacesuit, and joel says "what good is it that they're on the moon, if they just re-enact the atrocities on earth?"

it's not funny, though

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Atrocity on the moon - how did it get there?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Just did some table napkin math.
The rock in Moon Two Zero was 6000 tons of Sapphire.
A carat of Sapphire can cost $25 upwards in today's money.
A carat is 200 milligrams.

So that asteroid is worth $1.360775e+14
Even if half was vaporized, she still now owns the entire solar system.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Moe_Rahn posted:

Pu, ma-man, he flies like a moron!

Pumaman, when will he find love?

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

happyhippy posted:

Just did some table napkin math.
The rock in Moon Two Zero was 6000 tons of Sapphire.
A carat of Sapphire can cost $25 upwards in today's money.
A carat is 200 milligrams.

So that asteroid is worth $1.360775e+14
Even if half was vaporized, she still now owns the entire solar system.

Only if you have no understanding of basic economics.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

It is nowhere near a good movie but I am fascinated by Incredibly Strange Creatures. If a decent print of it exists (sort of like the Manos workprint found a few years ago) I think it’d be an interesting experimental film.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

i still think coleman francis was trying to say something in his movies. cardoza kept bankrolling him, iirc. there's some interview...

here it is:

http://www.bmonster.com/scifi37.html

"coleman francis had a dark, muddy vision. with some cars."

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy
Beast of Yucca Flats deals with the same sort of nuclear anxieties that plenty of good movies did in that era, or at least it tried to. With a little more money and some people who knew what the hell they were doing maybe you could have had a pretty good B movie. Red Zone Cuba feels like Francis thought he had something to say but just comes across as nihilistic. And I've seen Skydivers maybe half a dozen times at this point and I still couldn't tell you what the hell the plot is. Put together it feels like Coleman Francis is some sort of outsider artist anti-auteur. If nothing else his movies are bad in an interesting way.

Anyway, flag on the moon.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I think we can all agree that Beast of Yucca Flats is probably the worst movie MST3K has ever done, the episode itself has some good gags throughout, and thus is worth watching once, but it's definitely one with minimal rewatch value

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Not while Wild World of Batwoman exists, which is both terrible and racist and so boring I've never been able to stay awake all the way through.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Sep 9, 2019

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Or the version of Hamlet they did. That episode is hard to get through.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Monster A-Go-Go has to be up there with the unwatchably bad movies.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

TVs Ian posted:

Monster A-Go-Go has to be up there with the unwatchably bad movies.

I've watched many awful movies unriffed and monster a go go is definitely in the top 5 as far as just boring goes.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

The Castle of Fu Manchu.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Breadallelogram posted:

The Castle of Fu Manchu.

Yeah I mean I expected it to be racist but wow

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dawgstar posted:

There's probably a fun conversation to be had about the riffs you always find hilarious, and one we've probably already had but let's have it again.

From I Was a Teenage Werewolf, there's a scene where the main character's at a party and his friend breaks out and sings a song called "Eenie Meenie Miney Mo." Shortly after, the two of them start pranking each other back and forth. One prank causes the protagonist to briefly snap and he angrily punches his friend. Everyone's horrified and the friend is quietly shocked and frightened by it all.

"Eeenie meenie miney WHOA!"

Also from Final Sacrifice, with scratchy-voiced Pipper: "Wait. I was gonna sing something from Bone Machine."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
"Knew him? He was delicious!"