Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for creating the banana 'religion'

this is adorable, good Dadding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

JaneError posted:

My (22F) husband (23M) and I are arguing about adoption.

Just leave the divorce papers that he'll never read under the note explaining why it's over, that he will also never read. Then you can clean him out at the divorce proceedings that he will not attend.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Pretty smart to have the banana's first commandment be "EAT CHOCOLATE" so the girls are endeared to it before it starts saying things like "DO CHORES".

Clever dad....

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

MarcusSA posted:

That’s what they do in Israel 🤔

A bunch of Arab states have weird situations with them is probably why.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

cumshitter posted:

Just leave the divorce papers that he'll never read under the note explaining why it's over, that he will also never read. Then you can clean him out at the divorce proceedings that he will not attend.

Does the father/husband get no say in an adoption? I don't know how laws work but I usually assume it's always whatever is worse for the woman.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grape posted:

A bunch of Arab states have weird situations with them is probably why.

Yeah it is. I was just making a joke. I’ve been a bunch of times and it’s a little weird having to make sure you carry this piece of paper around in your passport.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Grape posted:

The people would still be from the British Isles.

nah the french are le pisse de rue par excellence their cities stink of it. plus it's hotter over there and they get less rain so it lingers far longer than it does over here

Whorelord fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Sep 5, 2019

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

bamhand posted:

Does the father/husband get no say in an adoption? I don't know how laws work but I usually assume it's always whatever is worse for the woman.

I checked the thread and the husband needs to be on board in order to go with the adoption route. Everyone in the legal advice thread is encouraging the mother to leave and set up a custody arrangement. Let him figure out how to care for a child with severe medical issues.

The marriage is doomed anyway, the husband seems to have some sort of inability to address any problem in any meaningful way.

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

WIBTA if I back out of donating my kidney to my ex-fiancee’s brother after my ex-fiancee and I broke up?

quote:

For five years I dated a girl I’ll call Mia. We got engaged last March and were supposed to get married next year, but two weeks ago I learned that our entire relationship was a lie. Someone showed me a dashcam recording of her saying that she still loves her ex and she was only with me because I’m the better choice. I confronted her, she admitted it was true, I called off the wedding and broke up with her.

I’m determined to move past this as soon as possible and onto better things, the things that I should have achieved had Mia not wasted five years of my life. But there’s an issue that has me on the fence: I was supposed to donate my kidney to Mia’s brother Tom, and now I don’t know if I should do it.

Tom has ESRD and needs a second kidney transplant as soon as possible because the kidney from his first transplant is failing. I’m not that close to him and I was only going to do it because I wanted to help Mia’s family in any way I could because I though they were going to be m family. But now that I know that she was just playing me the whole time, I’m having second thoughts. Organ donation is a big deal, I will literally risk my life to give part of myself to someone, and at this point I don’t want to do it for the brother of the girl who lied to me, used me and made me a fool for five years.

Would I be the rear end in a top hat if I back out?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I always associate the smell of old sun-baked piss with europe. That's just how most of europe smells.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

bamhand posted:

he definitely does, which is why the inevitable outcome here is going to be divorce. mom doesn't want to raise a kid with disabilities because she rightfully fears she's not up to the task. dad is refusing to get on board out of pride, meaning he's going to torch the marriage and at worst end up caring for the kid mostly himself

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

chemtrail huffer posted:

WIBTA if I back out of donating my kidney to my ex-fiancee’s brother after my ex-fiancee and I broke up?

Mia or her ex should donate, not you.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

bamhand posted:

A co worker of mine had a very similar situation happen to him, they separated and basically the court gave her full custody, which allowed her to begin adoption proceedings. Because of the nature of the adoption (child services was involved), the court favours relatives to adopt. So he adopted the child and she basically got off without having to pay child support or care for the child in anyway.

And yeah, he's fuckin miserable and resents her strongly but it's like dude... you knew this was the way it was gonna be. There's lots of 2 parent households that would enthusiastically adopt this child, instead you decided to take the full burden on yourself and make yourself miserable. Obviously its hard to "give up" your blood but hes probably gonna gently caress this kid up by either having a financially precarious household or by resenting the child in time as well for draining his money and time away.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

luxury handset posted:

he definitely does, which is why the inevitable outcome here is going to be divorce. mom doesn't want to raise a kid with disabilities because she rightfully fears she's not up to the task. dad is refusing to get on board out of pride, meaning he's going to torch the marriage and at worst end up caring for the kid mostly himself

Ah so I guess she has to divorce, he gets full custody and she pays child support. Sucks she can't just go back in time and abort it. IMO it's dumb a woman can unilaterally choose to abort it but not adopt it out. Maybe anti-abortion advocates should work on getting that law changed but no, too busy hating women.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

bamhand posted:

Ah so I guess she has to divorce, he gets full custody and she pays child support. Sucks she can't just go back in time and abort it. IMO it's dumb a woman can unilaterally choose to abort it but not adopt it out. Maybe anti-abortion advocates should work on getting that law changed but no, too busy hating women.

The whole idea is to take decision making powers away from women, not give them more freedom.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The lady doesn't identify what disability the child has, but given her willingness to adopt it I'm assuming the child is straight.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Also once a child is born and exists there's actual responsibilities to it from both parents; it's no longer hosted in a body so you can't legally argue it is one parent's choice anymore. At that point, you can only give parents the right to choose to raise the child or not, and legally they may have financial responsibilities to the child even if they opt out of raising it.

One is a choice that involves whether one's own body will host a child to bring it into life and fruition

The other is a choice for what to do with a living child once it has been created

There's just different rules with the latter; things get way more complex with a living child than with the potential of a child.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Sep 5, 2019

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Dazerbeams posted:

The whole idea is to take decision making powers away from women, not give them more freedom.

I'm not sure women unilaterally adopting out children without their spouse's consent is something that should be encouraged. Once the child is actually alive and existing independently, the father has rights too. It's not really comparable to abortion because it's actually alive and not inside a woman's body.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Fun fact: It's massively illegal to drop your 14 year old off at the nearest fire station with a note that says "STЯ8" stapled to their shirt. But if you're going to do so, it's absolutely 100% super important that you teach them a new "This is my address and my parents' numbers" song with fake information so that CPS can't find you.

However, it is 100% legal to do this when your son is 28 and your ex-wife forces custody weekends on you because she's a spiteful bitch.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

The Iron Rose posted:

I'm not sure women unilaterally adopting out children without their spouse's consent is something that should be encouraged.

It is definitely not lol. It is crazy to suggest that it should be.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

How many stories have we read about dead-beat dads? Obviously not every case is like that, but there's been more than one situation where the guy is just holding onto custody/parental rights out of spite or pride rather than actually caring about their offspring. Thus making the mother and the kid miserable rather than doing the responsible thing. Just saying that having that option might help more than one person.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dazerbeams posted:

How many stories have we read about dead-beat dads? Obviously not every case is like that, but there's been more than one situation where the guy is just holding onto custody/parental rights out of spite or pride rather than actually caring about their offspring. Thus making the mother and the kid miserable rather than doing the responsible thing. Just saying that having that option might help more than one person.

You're right, if we possessed divination magic so we always knew which parent was good and which one was bad (and it was always that simple lol), it would be a great idea to just give power to the good one.

But we don't, so courts actually have to like, consider facts and make rulings, instead of just summarily deciding things based on gender. How can you think they be doing otherwise lol.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

There's lots of 2 parent households that would enthusiastically adopt this child

Are there? We're talking about the same system where nobody'll touch kids who are too black or too old to be really cute anymore; I don't think people are really beating down the door to adopt incredibly sick/straight children who'll never get better and never live independently. There is no real option to choose a happy adoption into a rich loving family in this scenario, now that the kid's here the options are they get raised by the dipshit who engineered this whole situation or an endless chain of variably abusive foster homes.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 5, 2019

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Chomp8645 posted:

You're right, if we possessed divination magic so we always knew which parent was good and which one was bad (and it was always that simple lol), it would be a great idea to just give power to the good one.

But we don't, so courts actually have to like, consider facts and make rulings, instead of just summarily deciding things based on gender. How can you think they be doing otherwise lol.

Just give each parent half the baby, so simple

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Worked for Solomon

Quantum Cat
May 6, 2007
Why am I in a BOX?WFT?!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

/r/relationships: the youngmen are weird and shrimpful in their quality

Not an emptyquote

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Are there, I don't think people are really beating down the door to adopt incredibly sick/straight kids who'll never get better and never live independently. There is no real option to choose a happy adoption into a rich loving family in this scenario, now that the kid's here the options are they get raised by the dipshit who engineered this whole situation or an endless chain of variably abusive foster homes.

I mean, maybe "lots" was an exaggeration but there are certainly families who specifically select sick/disabled children (or at least there was at least one in my co workers case whom he was "competing" against for adoption).

It's true though that it's a difficult situation and I dont envy anyone in it.

e: though of course it is less likely in America I suppose where government aid for disabled/sick children is substantially less or nonexistant

hot cocoa on the couch fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Sep 5, 2019

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Hellblazer187 posted:

My youngman gets shrimpy during sex, is this normal?

, And with that my youngman shrimped

Is that a small pastry in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Are there? We're talking about the same system where nobody'll touch kids who are too black or too old to be really cute anymore; I don't think people are really beating down the door to adopt incredibly sick/straight children who'll never get better and never live independently.

it depends on the disability. OP says some markers were noticed and there was going to be an amniocentesis that didn't happen, so the disability is probably something like downs or spina bifida. since the op claims they had lined up adoptive families my guess is downs, there's a bunch of christians out there who are motivated by anti-abortion sentiment and the general plight of orphans to preference adopting downs kids. downs is also a fairly 'easy' disability to care for, compared to a kid with limited mobility or muscular/skeletal problems

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

This was too good to merely post in the BWM thread, it need to be here too:

Is it a good idea to co-sign a house mortgage with a friend with benefits? (self.personalfinance)

submitted 18 minutes ago by KingGodTheMaster

quote:

I’m in a FWB relationship with a girl and she has asked me to co-sign a mortgage with her to get a better rate. The house she is buying is very moderately priced about $200k. I’m 30 and my salary is $413k a year, even if she bailed I could easily afford the mortgage until I could sell it. My hope is that this financial relationship will grant me leverage in the types and frequency of our encounters, which is worth some risk to me. She is from the inner city so I am helping them too. She is gainfully employee but I doubt she even makes $100k. Am I missing any other risks? Thanks so much.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
This has got to be a troll.

OP posted:

Thanks for the rely. I’m actually not lording it for sexual favors, but rather I would like to tell her to stop seeing other men while I can continue to see other women. It is going to be costly one way or the other, I think this is actually the best option. As you can imagine, a man like me requires multiple women.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Motronic posted:

Is it a good idea to co-sign a house mortgage with a friend with benefits? (self.personalfinance)

:barf:

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Motronic posted:

just signing a mortgage with my FWB, no big deal

going on a romantic vacation to italy for a week with my gently caress buddy

this girl i'm smashing, she got pregnant and we decided to cohabitate and raise the child together

i need some advice: this girl i've been casually seeing isn't keeping up with the joint contributions to our retirement account, how do i encourage her to step it up without making our christmas vacation to her parents beach house awkward

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I hope it's real and I hope the house he cosigns for is an unmarketable money pit.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

luxury handset posted:

just signing a mortgage with my FWB, no big deal

going on a romantic vacation to italy for a week with my gently caress buddy

this girl i'm smashing, she got pregnant and we decided to cohabitate and raise the child together

i need some advice: this girl i've been casually seeing isn't keeping up with the joint contributions to our retirement account, how do i encourage her to step it up without making our christmas vacation to her parents beach house awkward

I've seen people actually like this. They both have wierd rear end hangups about "making things official will ruin the relationship" so live actually as a committed monogamous couple but getting really upset when people call them a couple and need to remind everyone they're just CASUAL and more like "roommates with benefits"

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]
/r/relationships: As you can imagine, a man like me requires multiple women

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
That post definitely looks super legit and we should spend a lot of time talking about it.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Ugly John posted:

/r/relationships: As you can imagine, a man like me requires multiple women

lol yeah, women gotta work in shifts to handle this dude, nobody wants to deal with him full-time

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Taima posted:

That post definitely looks super legit and we should spend a lot of time talking about it.

This is the best thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Imagine getting a mortgage for something that is 50% of a single year's salary.