Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I bought a JK Scott jersey because I've had bad luck with my jerseys lately and all those players getting cut, traded, or injured. I figured JK Scott would be around for a while. Problem is the only way to get a JK Scott jersey is to order it custom from the pro shop and I somehow ended up selecting 06 instead of just 6 for the number. There are no returns on custom jerseys. I'm an idiot but I'll still wear the drat jersey and it got a win tonight so :shrug:

Oh poo poo page snipe here's a pic of the LongBoi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

It's our time! Time to win the division and get dumpstered in the first round.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Trevor Siemian wins that game.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
Yesterday the White Sox (7) and Cubs (10) outscored the Bears (3).

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

1st and 40

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

After that game I'm wondering if the Vikes will look competent or be trash on Sunday.

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something
gently caress Mitch "What's a third read?" Trubisky, tyvm

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

It's the first game, but that Bears offense was dogshit.

I feel a little bit better about the Lions chances of (grasping defeat from the jaws of victory) 'winning' the NFC North.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Darth Brooks posted:

After that game I'm wondering if the Vikes will look competent or be trash on Sunday.

look into your heart for the truth and watch the First Place Minnesota Twins instead

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/ToneDigz/status/1169795159896272897

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

420_Power_Rangers posted:

gently caress Mitch "What's a third second read?" Trubisky, tyvm

Fixed that for you.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Rooster Brooster posted:

Yesterday the White Sox (7) and Cubs (10) outscored the Bears (3).

Kyle Schwarber single-handedly outscored the Bears in one swing.

https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/1169790925054337024

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Man both the packers and the bears looked like absolute dog poo poo.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
If the Vikings can't win this division this year they should probably fold the team.

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

That's from last year

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Still extremely funny

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

That's from last year

he's still wide open waving for mitch to throw it to him

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

the endless excuses from Trubiski stans about how actually, that guy wasn't open at all! are still hilarious

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

LabyaMynora posted:

Offensive guru Matt Nagy is going to spend the season presiding over the worst offense in the league.

It'll get better, for sure. It won't be amazing but it won't be this bad all year either. I agree with everyone saying that Nagy's playcalling is deficient, there's something not right about it. I almost never see a play and think "genius, that was clearly the perfect play to call right there". No, it usually seems forced. And going away from establishing the run when your quarterback was playing like that is a horrible decision.

brugroffil posted:

the endless excuses from Trubiski stans about how actually, that guy wasn't open at all! are still hilarious

He missed a couple wide open guys in this game too. I don't think I"ll bother making screenshots but it was bad. At one point Allen Robinson is wide open on the sideline in a Trubisky scramble waving his arms up and down just like that picture. No throw.

SirPablo posted:

Lol at the idea the Bears focused only on kickers and forgot everything else.

And then they refused a 51 yard kick and instead went for it on 4th and 10 . . . lol.

Dexo posted:

This game was dumb.

And more than Trubs in terms of importance, I have an immense fear that Nagy's offense has been figured out.

No one was open. At all. He couldn't get anyone separation. Rather than people kveching about the Defense regressing, they should have been worried about the Offensive line regressing, after playing absurdly good last year. Because boy were they bad in that game.

It'd also help if they you know ever called a hold against Mack, but that's just nitpicking...

Literally every single time they talked about how good Baktiari(or whatever) having a good play it was a hold.

It was loving hilarious.

Holding is legal in the NFL if your hands are more or less inside and the other player isn't stretching to separate. Otherwise they'd throw a flag on every down and no offensive line would ever really be able to protect the QB. The players all understand this

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's a "loophole" in the rules

every team does it though, not just the packers

soggybagel posted:

I just want to say. The Trubisky interception into triple coverage was hilarious but to follow it up immediately on the final drive with nothing was even better.

Nobody thought for a second that anything would happen on that final drive. The announcers, the gameday thread, both completely checked out and already mocking the Bears for their loss before that "drive" even happened. Trubisky going 85 yards down the field for the score? no loving way

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

That's from last year

There was a replay from last night that was similar, a WR just jumping waving his hands while mitch bumbled into a sack.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Scipiotik posted:

There was a replay from last night that was similar, a WR just jumping waving his hands while mitch bumbled into a sack.

when im back at home ill see if I can get a clip of that lol

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The Smiths had a good game

https://twitter.com/Peter_Bukowski/status/1169825800201232385?s=19

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Both QBs looked like poo poo (and they are). I'm fairly confident that neither green bay or the bears have any hope of seeing the playoffs this year.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
The Green Bay Packers currently lead the league in regular season wins, rushing yards, tackles, forcing interceptions, highest points scored, lowest points allowed, forcing turnovers, and so much more.

This will surely last for the rest of the season finally silencing the ‘72 Dolphins once and for all.

Incidentally, league leader in passing yards is Mitchell Trubisky

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Are sacks counted as attempted passes?

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Bip Roberts posted:

Are sacks counted as attempted passes?

Usually no. Bukowski should have said 45 dropbacks or 45 passing downs

Play
Apr 25, 2006

BGrifter posted:

The Green Bay Packers currently lead the league in regular season wins, rushing yards, tackles, forcing interceptions, highest points scored, lowest points allowed, forcing turnovers, and so much more.

This will surely last for the rest of the season finally silencing the ‘72 Dolphins once and for all.

Incidentally, league leader in passing yards is Mitchell Trubisky

I was actually thinking that Trubs probably had more passing yards than Rodgers, lmao. Although he did have 15 less attempts than Trubs and a better (very slightly, still unimpressive) y/a

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I love the Bears D. Trubisky is a big ol' flaming bust. Fangio's Broncos are going to eat his face next week.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Vikings/status/1170029605308100608?s=19

:mood:

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

My only shred of hope is that, because literally nobody on the offensive side of the ball, player or coach (Except ARob and Montgomery when they remembered he exists) looked ready to play NFL football, that they won’t, can’t, be this bad all season.

21/22 starters are super bowl contender caliber, one piss poor performance does not a lost season make

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Two things I am ready to say though

Mitch will never be a top 10 QB

The Bears front seven is gonna be nasty, and most of them are on contract through 2021

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I’ll hang up and listen to your response

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Bears just gave Cody Whitehair like $50 million to play guard and he got loving blown up all night.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The shouldn't have moved him from center

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Dexo posted:

The shouldn't have moved him from center

was James Daniels sucking too hard at guard or something, or did they just want Daniels there because they think he's better suited? it might be a thing that takes a while to get solidified properly

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I think it was just Daniels having more upside at Center. Remember that Whitehair struggled a lot with snapping in shotgun.

They didn't really play in preseason for some reason so they just didn't seem to mesh well.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/RossUglem/status/1169949696418287616

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Yeah, see, if that had been Trubisky, he'd have been staring at Valdes-Scantling the whole time and the secondary would have read that poo poo in about a half-second flat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

B-but it was actually a bad throw you see.