Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Lodin posted:

https://twitter.com/ninsoup/status/1169606620130754561?s=20

I was actually surprised in general at how many people don't seem to know who Terry bloody Bogard is.

enough know, dont let the internet make you think something is not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXlHU3DOvYM&t=30s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

bushisms.txt posted:

Turns out it's just 31 different takes on Lappy's "howdy, partner!"

I haven't met Lappy yet, aside from seeing the costume sitting in the locker room. Though I have noticed in the new Case that it's now gone from there and I am deeply concerned :ohdear:.

Also the correct answer is "'Task Force Neuron' and 30 other songs" :v:.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tayter Swift posted:

Wait wait I just got one of these and you're telling me I won't have to use that horrible dogshit Apple TV remote ever again?!?

Ooh, I hadn't thought about that as a possibility. The feature is coming with the next release of TVOS, which is later this month I think and I haven't installed the beta, so I personally don't know, but it stands to reason that controllers can navigate the OS. On the other hand, Apple is Apple, so maybe they'll still force you to use the remote to navigate :v:

Mogki
Aug 2, 2016
I would be very happy to see Lufia II get added.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

Mogki posted:

I would be very happy to see Lufia II get added.

I'm still bitter that the final floor of the random dungeon was bugged. I worked so hard to get there...

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I am going to main Terry Bogard and I make you ask this solemn vow: by the time the next nonultimate Smash comes out I still will not know who he is. I will make no effort to learn

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
for those playing D:OS2 on the switch just a heads up there is an error in the description Nintendo has up - the switch does not support split-screen co-op for D:OS2, Larian has contacted Nintendo to get it fixed

having a blast playing through again though - the game is very performant even though it looks like poo poo

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I am going to main Terry Bogard and I make you ask this solemn vow: by the time the next nonultimate Smash comes out I still will not know who he is. I will make no effort to learn

He's a pokemon man; hope this helps.

edit: a pokeman if you will

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lodin posted:

https://twitter.com/ninsoup/status/1169606620130754561?s=20

I was actually surprised in general at how many people don't seem to know who Terry bloody Bogard is.

I fail to see the problem with this.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Something I forgot to mention is I think the move from monthly releases to "whenever" is actually a good thing for the Online games. Forcing a monthly release just means some poor bastards are doing crunch time to get something out the door on-schedule, and just being able to push a title back if it needs more bugtesting and fixes is far more sane.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I love watching the dorks at the NYC store lose their minds. So wholesome.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Yesterday's Torchlight 2 patch did not address auto targeting issues, the lack of multiple loadouts you can quick switch through (which the 360 had), a lifebar for your pet, or the continuing lack of a respec potion.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Will legit consider trading a European SNES controller for an American one. I grew up with the convex buttons and I certainly wouldn't mind using them again. Oh, I will almost certainly be getting the SNES controller, especially if it's compatible with other games.

I'm glad that there'll be a fix for Deadly Premonition. I haven't picked it up yet, but I do want to, but I'd like it to work.

Also I'm hoping they do more music releases like Sans. I don't even want him as a Mii fighter, let alone a real fighter, but I will take all the music, and despite not liking Undertale all that much, the soundtrack itself is terrific.

YggiDee posted:

Tetris 99 Invictus mode is just a loving bloodbath and I love it.

I really like the idea of it too, it'll let people who haven't won yet get a better chance, assuming those that have unlocked it will go there more often than not. I keep saying it but I don't play Tetris nearly as much as I'd like to. drat amazing console with too many options.

I said come in! posted:

I was afraid of this but not surprised. A lot of the fan favorites either are remastered / re-released by their respective publisher, or the original IP is in limbo as the company that owned it no longer exists.

It does kinda relieve me though about my SNES Classic purchase not going completely obsolete. I'm planning on beating FF6 on that sometime in the next year as well as SM RPG, which I've never played.

What's this? It looks like an anime strategy game that's not Fire Emblem? Is the strategy actually good? And does it avoid all the dating/relationship stuff? Because I wouldn't mind a good strategy game.

F-Zero has some of the best VG music ever, especially in the chiptune category. I LOVE Silence as a track.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
SNES F-Zero is all fun and games right up until you get to Death Wind II

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
When the SNES Mini launched, a bunch of the games turned out to be PAL versions that ran way slower than the NTSC ones. I think it might be the same case here because Stunt Race FX runs even worse than I remember. It runs like rear end!
Just look at this youtube of the American version and then try the one on Switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me9mMw7EIMI

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

I'm still bitter that the final floor of the random dungeon was bugged. I worked so hard to get there...

Navigating the bugged floor is easy, and frankly as a kid I thought that was how it was supposed to look. The real disappointment was having the Master Jelly kill itself.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Now that I've got two additional Joy-Cons I'd like a convenient way to charge them. Anything wrong with that standard charging joycon grip? <- (I assume that's what would constitute the "official" one)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
How hard would it be for a layperson to disassemble a pro controller to fix the D-Pad? I don't have much experience with electronics repair, but I've assembled my own PC and have steady hands & can follow instructions well.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mad Wack posted:

having a blast playing through again though - the game is very performant even though it looks like poo poo
in what way does it look terrible - does it have a really low resolution? low res textures? also, is this handheld or docked?

I really want it, but for how expensive it is I really wish I had something like digital foundry footage of it. I mean, I already have it on PC so I should probably just play that, but it's 2019 and I can play video games in bed now :colbert:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Minidust posted:

Now that I've got two additional Joy-Cons I'd like a convenient way to charge them. Anything wrong with that standard charging joycon grip? <- (I assume that's what would constitute the "official" one)

Nothing wrong with charging the Joycons, but you'd need something like this if you have NES Controllers

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075FF6HDN/

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I forgot my Switch at home and there's no work going on today. I'm just chilling in my office, shitposting to pass the time.

Pray for me.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Terry is the most relatable fighting game character in history because his whole motivation is that he hates geese.

Geese killed his father you see. And his ultimate revenge is taking in his enemy's son and raising him as his own.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nobody has killed my father so that doesn't seem particularly relatable

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

YggiDee posted:

How hard would it be for a layperson to disassemble a pro controller to fix the D-Pad? I don't have much experience with electronics repair, but I've assembled my own PC and have steady hands & can follow instructions well.

It's a few small Phillips screws. It's really easy.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Andrast posted:

Nobody has killed my father so that doesn't seem particularly relatable

Yeah but you hate geese, right?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Geese is the most relatable fighting game character because we all share the same weakness: gravity.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Bubsy 3d coming to the Switch and you have to beat it to play anything else. No save states, no rewind.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Mad Wack posted:

for those playing D:OS2 on the switch just a heads up there is an error in the description Nintendo has up - the switch does not support split-screen co-op for D:OS2, Larian has contacted Nintendo to get it fixed

Dang, that's a real shame about the co-op. I was planning to buy a copy and play it with my friends but it's good to know a patch is in the works.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RandomFerret posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q81ptFSA4mk

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RandomFerret posted:

Good point

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

YggiDee posted:

I'm in about the same boat, and I got it done without much trouble at all. Find an instructional video, take it slow, and you should be fine. First one took me probably 20-25 minutes, second one about 10-15, and I was being extremely careful.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Does Geese have any relation to heart disease?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I played the original Mario Kart online with a friend for 2 hours last night and I was shocked how much fun I had. She never played it before and loved it.

I’m really glad they fixed that annoying bug that was on the SNES Classic in Yoshi’s Island where the background would disappear for a second when you touched a fuzzy. It plays properly now on Switch.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 6, 2019

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
It's absurd how well Super Mario World still plays drat near 30 years later.

Schlitzkrieg Bop
Sep 19, 2005

I could see Square agreeing to Super Mario RPG since that is a game they cannot sell themselves in any way. Likewise EA has the SimCity rights, they can't do anything with the SNES version and it doesn't compete with any of their products.

You're probably right, but this is also all subject to a lot of behind the scenes negotiation and terms that we have no idea about. For all we know, it may not be worth it to Nintendo to shell out whatever the asking price is for these games, especially since the online service is dirt cheap and it's not like SimCity is going to bring a lot of additional subscriptions.

Hi. Im Leeroy
Oct 8, 2008

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Dang, that's a real shame about the co-op. I was planning to buy a copy and play it with my friends but it's good to know a patch is in the works.

nevermind.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/CircleToonsHD/status/1169682313044791299

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Toaster Beef posted:

It's absurd how well Super Mario World still plays drat near 30 years later.
I was playing it right after Mario Maker 2 and... it's somehow more responsive feeling? Maybe I'm subjectively wrong on this one, but I was surprised at how snappy it felt.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Schlitzkrieg Bop posted:

You're probably right, but this is also all subject to a lot of behind the scenes negotiation and terms that we have no idea about. For all we know, it may not be worth it to Nintendo to shell out whatever the asking price is for these games, especially since the online service is dirt cheap and it's not like SimCity is going to bring a lot of additional subscriptions.

I would guess whatever team is in charge of the classic games project has a periodic budget and it all just comes down to whichever game being within that budget or not