Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

It was 100% his fault and it loving owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Don't emptyquote guys, it's really ann-

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Oh gently caress, nevermind. :xd:

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
But guys it happened to Bruno Sammartino like 50 years ago it's totally normal.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

All this concern about Jericho really feels like reaching for something to worry about. The guy lives a little hard, it’s his right to. He plays it up to the public for both his wrestling and rock star personas.

AFAIK in the last five years there have been no reports of Jericho drunk driving, getting arrested, passing out, fighting in public, slurring/forgetting words during performances, dangerously sloppy ring work - none of the typical signs to indicate a star’s life is going off the rails.

He’s fatter, he looks older, his face gets redder after matches. He’s also approaching fifty, and that’s just what happens sometimes.

He just worked a 30 minute long wrestling-heavy match then immediately after cut a coherent, hilarious heel promo despite his face having bled off.

He’s probably fine.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
https://twitter.com/prowrestling/status/1170021662500085760?s=20

Very normal person, Les Moore, roleplays how he would handle the Kylie Rae situation if he were a wrestling journalist, which he definitely would be and would be an excellent one if he didn’t have better things to do, like tweeting into the void about wrestling journalism

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I know that its Les Moore and he's a massive geek and all: but he does sort of have a point when it comes to the Kylie Rae thing. I've heard something third hand from someone I know wouldn't be telling me porkies and if its the sort of thing that they said then its absolutely something worth investigating and its entirely ethical for the media to investigate it. Moore pretending that he'd do x when he never would is sort of the issue there.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what even is happening to kylie rae please

Delete the Sky
Apr 21, 2014

Cavauro posted:

what even is happening to kylie rae please

second

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Everyone knows but no one will say what it is

Very sad

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

IceAgeComing posted:

I know that its Les Moore and he's a massive geek and all: but he does sort of have a point when it comes to the Kylie Rae thing. I've heard something third hand from someone I know wouldn't be telling me porkies and if its the sort of thing that they said then its absolutely something worth investigating and its entirely ethical for the media to investigate it. Moore pretending that he'd do x when he never would is sort of the issue there.

yeah she was a hot prospect with a very significant appearance on a new company's first show that suddenly vanished and left professional wrestling. this is day one sports journalism. I don't understand the Twitter thing of basic journalism somehow being disrespectful or invading her privacy, she has every right to tell Les or Dave or anyone to gently caress off because it's her business

Of course Les had to be the biggest rear end in a top hat about it

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
But as far as anyone knows she's not actually spoken to anyone - she's fallen off of the face of the earth which is the main reason why this isn't coming out since there's a story that a lot of people have but no one can confirm it with either side since neither is talking.

I'm not comfortable saying that much since I really don't know that much and no specifics; just some vague hints more than anything else. I'll put it this way: its not injury related and if the story comes out and what I've been told is right it really doesn't make AEW look at all good.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
no one knows what happened to kylie rae. the internet is just full of people saying that THEY alone know and aren't going to report it, but the other people are doing bad journalisms by not reporting it. a circular firing squad of scoopsmen, none of whom actually know the story.

"I heard a hint of a hint from a guy who know's a guy. I can't tell you what it is, but if it is what I heard (and trust me, I did hear it), it would be bad." Everyone has transformed into rovert

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I don't know who kylie rae is really. She's that girl who got her bow kicked off by britt baker right? I got no scoops to hold me down

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

IceAgeComing posted:

I'm not comfortable saying that much since I really don't know that much and no specifics; just some vague hints more than anything else. I'll put it this way: its not injury related and if the story comes out and what I've been told is right it really doesn't make AEW look at all good.

cool thanks

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
You guys forced my hand, time for the hard truth. Kylie Rae has amnesia and is lost in Cleveland.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

IceAgeComing posted:

But as far as anyone knows she's not actually spoken to anyone - she's fallen off of the face of the earth which is the main reason why this isn't coming out since there's a story that a lot of people have but no one can confirm it with either side since neither is talking.

stop it immediately

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

IceAgeComing posted:

I'll put it this way: its not injury related and if the story comes out and what I've been told is right it really doesn't make AEW look at all good.

It sucks but that's been the vibe I've been getting from the whole thing since Khan's awkward response at the press scrum

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I thought rovert was probated.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Punch McLightning posted:

Ate a ban this time, actually.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Defiance Industries posted:

Ate a ban this time, actually.

dude's mother is gonna pay for lowtax's forum upgrades single handedly

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Punch McLightning posted:

He ate a 30 day prob as well in case he immediately re-registered.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
rip sweet icarus (if the sun were made out of pseudo scoops)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Seems to me like it's nobody's business what happened to Kylie Rae and if she doesn't want to talk about it then making a thing of it anyway is quite rude :shrug:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i got yer scoops right here

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

WatermelonGun posted:

i got yer scoops right here

These scoops are scoopsgal certified :thumbsup:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Records of someone named "Kylie Rae" have not been found in any American or Canadian municipality. As if she never existed in the first place...

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

Rarity posted:

Seems to me like it's nobody's business what happened to Kylie Rae and if she doesn't want to talk about it then making a thing of it anyway is quite rude :shrug:

People want closure and someone to blame, doubly so since her last match was on the first AEW branded show and she was looking have a promising career.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

People want closure and someone to blame, doubly so since her last match was on the first AEW branded show and she was looking have a promising career.

Life's messy, sometimes you don't get closure. Not all stories have endings.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

Rarity posted:

100% agreed scoopsgal.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ok. i asked because somebody kept talking about what happened to her without saying what it was. if nobody keeps talking about it then that's fine too

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

Laughing at Naito fans by providing a moral life lesson is supposed to go in the correct/New Japan thread, not the incorrect opinions thread

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rarity posted:

I actually think closure doesn't really exist. I think it's a nice idea on paper. But without getting into gory details, I've found with the awful poo poo in my life (everyone has awful poo poo, I'm not doing the whole "my pain and suffering is greater than your pain and suffering" thing), you just absorb stuff, and you move into new events, hoping to avoid more awful poo poo. Stuff doesn't stop hurting, you either learn to live with it or you don't.

Sorry for the derail. But I think closure is a dangerous idea.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

stuff stops hurting imo

edit: temporary physical stuff, if you go to the doctor. permanent physical pain or mental pain are different. i misread

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Sep 7, 2019

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

It's nobody's business why Kylie Rae decided to quit and it certainly isn't appropriate for the owner of the company she worked for to explain to the media why she wanted to quit. These are real people not characters in your funny books.

I'm glad she got out before the entire internet wrestling community started acting like her scorned ex-lover like they do to CM Punk.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I get people wanting to know, especially if there was something lovely on AEW's end that caused it. But given that with all the information we currently have (none) the only thing anybody can offer is speculation, I don't think it's a particularly productive line of discussion for the thread, so I'd ask everybody to shift to something else.

If an actual journalist is able to get something more concrete out there that's a different matter of course, but I can see this devolving into a shouting match right now if we don't nip it in the bud.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
rowdy ringsports is a bummer today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

rowdy ringsports is a bummer this week