Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Timby posted:

How many times does it have to be said that this is a shot of the Bears at Lambeau from last year?

At least once more apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Sour Diesel posted:

i was in a place where people were watching their favorite sports team and when they got happy i didn't do anything because i did not like their favorite sports team

jokes on them my favorite sports team was the other team, and when they would do well i would get loud and bring attention to the merchandise i was adorned with, which had logos and catchphrases about my favorite sports team on it

i have owned them all severely, the fans of the other sports team. they were all together and having fun, lots of fun.

but not me. i was alone and by myself, disliking their favorite sports team. i completely destroyed them while they were having lots of fun together while i was alone.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

It's still a funny photo because it led to a bunch of Trubisky defenders online trying to use quantum physics to prove he actually wasn't open.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
He was more open than Alge Crumpler

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I hate my favorite sports team.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
I knew I was being an rear end, but sheesh :smith:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

a neat cape posted:

He was more open than Alge Crumpler

No one is more open than the tallest man

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What realistic options do the Bears have to fix their QB situation this off season so they don't waste their current window?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

What realistic options do the Bears have to fix their QB situation this off season so they don't waste their current window?

None, bears are locked into trubs all the way through his team option. Realistically bears would need a new GM to move on from trubs since pace got a contract extension after a bad start already which was clearly contingent on finding a qb . That's before even going into how so much draft capital is already gone . Pace is here til the end of 2021 and will sink or swim with trubs. Team option on trubs is in 2020 which is for sure getting picked up , but he may not get another contract after that.

So yeah , best case right now is where the bears were in like 05-08. Pray to God trubs gets fixed before the defense gets old and slow. Prince is 30, Hicks 29, Mack 28, Fuller 27

Speaking of defense, Floyd turns 27 this week. 3 of his 5 multi sack games are against gb, 7.5 of his 17.5 career sacks against them. Weird

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Sep 6, 2019

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

mastershakeman posted:

None, bears are locked into trubs all the way through his team option. Realistically bears would need a new GM to move on from trubs since pace got a contract extension after a bad start already which was clearly contingent on finding a qb . That's before even going into how so much draft capital is already gone . Pace is here til the end of 2021 and will sink or swim with trubs. Team option on trubs is in 2020 which is for sure getting picked up , but he may not get another contract after that.

So yeah , best case right now is where the bears were in like 05-08. Pray to God trubs gets fixed before the defense gets old and slow. Prince is 30, Hicks 29, Mack 28, Fuller 27

Get trubs a good game against the worst team on the schedule then trade him immediately imo

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Raku posted:

Get trubs a good game against the worst team on the schedule then trade him immediately imo

Redskins week 3 and raiders week 5 , throw 100 times for 700+ yards? Then trade him during the bye and bring in Rosen/foles/kaep, I love it

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I mean I wouldn't be shocked if that turns out to be his worst game of the year. They'll get him more play calling success and easy reads and he'll keep limping along like before

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

mastershakeman posted:

Redskins week 3 and raiders week 5 , throw 100 times for 700+ yards? Then trade him during the bye and bring in Rosen/foles/kaep, I love it

Trade him to the Raiders for Derek Carr straight up.

Gruden will take it, he loves a project QB.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

LabyaMynora posted:

Trade him to the Raiders for Derek Carr straight up.

Gruden will take it, he loves a project QB.

oooo that's good

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I mean, dude is falling in love with Nathan Peterman for god's sake!

*Jon Gruden licks his lips*: "Gotta get my peter in 'dat Peterman!"

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Listening to Gruden during the NFL Draft, I think he even realized Trubisky was poo poo

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Niwrad posted:

Listening to Gruden during the NFL Draft, I think he even realized Trubisky was poo poo

poo poo. Then then Bears are screwed.

Good luck, have fun, Bears fans!

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Has any good receiver played with worse QBs in his career than Robinson? I'd love to see him with a good QB for a year.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/1170032479056646147

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
andre johnson comes to mind

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

keep doubting Chase Daniel

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

LabyaMynora posted:

poo poo. Then then Bears are screwed.

Good luck, have fun, Bears fans!
Well when Peterman comes back from IR the Raiders will have to let go of one of their QBs. Give Glennon another shot!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Niwrad posted:

Has any good receiver played with worse QBs in his career than Robinson? I'd love to see him with a good QB for a year.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/1170032479056646147

could have signed in carolina.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The bears scored 3 points.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Metapod posted:

andre johnson comes to mind

Larry Fitz, early Megatron

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I have never, ever, in my entire life, seen 1st and 40.

lmao da bears

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
if you like 10-3 games, might I direct your attention to next week's incredible Bears-Broncos matchup.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

indigi posted:

Larry Fitz, early Megatron

I thought about these and looked them up earlier. Megatron had Stafford for nearly all his career. Fitz is closer cause post Kurt Warner he had a partially effective Palmer for a bit before he turned to poo poo and then a mishmash of garbage

the real answer is AJ Green, hes never had a good QB

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

solarjetman posted:

if you like 10-3 games, might I direct your attention to next week's incredible Bears-Broncos matchup.

Gonna be a cakewalk for Super Bowl Champion Quarterback Joseph Vincent Flacco

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The answer is Brandon Marshall. 12k yards and 6 Pr Bowls and never had a QB good enough to make the playoffs.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

japtor posted:

Well when Peterman comes back from IR the Raiders will have to let go of one of their QBs. Give Glennon another shot!

There are 30 teams in the NFL that Glennon would willingly go to.

The Bears are not one of those teams.

EDIT: Okay, maybe not the Bucs either, whatever.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Gonna be a cakewalk for Super Bowl Champion Quarterback Joseph Vincent Flacco

Super Bowl MVP. Jesus know a little about your quarterback.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Most of those receivers played with someone competent at some point. Robinson went from Hackenberg in college to Bortles to Trubisky. That guy would kill to play with someone as below average as Andy Dalton.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Andy had that one year where he had a stacked oline, AJ and some solid other weapons, some decent RB's and he was an MVP candidate for over half the season.

What would Trubisky need around him to be a top 10 QB?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I think the Bears have a nice offense outside of Trubisky. Robinson is really underrated. A nice trio of running backs and I believe their O-Line graded out well last year.

If Trubisky could play last year's Bucs 16 times, he'd be a top-10 QB guaranteed.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Kalli posted:

What would Trubisky need around him to be a top 10 QB?

A second quarter back to handle passing the ball.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Elephanthead posted:

The bears scored 3 points.

An offense as powerful as the LA Rams.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Diva Cupcake posted:

The answer is Brandon Marshall. 12k yards and 6 Pr Bowls and never had a QB good enough to make the playoffs.

Technically not true, he had Wilson throwing to him for like 5 minutes when he was 2,000 years old :v:

Anyway comedy answer is Odell Beckham, Eli makes his team's spread worse

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Herman Moore

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

I have never, ever, in my entire life, seen 1st and 40.

lmao da bears
I was thinking NFL Blitz myself when I saw that.

But then I remembered Blitz only had 30 yard first downs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Incredibly relevant deep dive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-d9SGrAdLg