Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I'm not an SRW fan. What do I do? :(
SRW is a series that historically doesn't get North American or European releases (all of those giant robot anime licenses would probably be expensive as hell), and I assume the solution is "import the Asia edition, which usually has an English localization".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
fortunately it should be as easy as making a japanese profile on your switch, which i will immediately do anyway if tetris attack ends up on snesflix

e: wait no you also have to get store credit in yen somehow, dang

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Looper posted:

e: wait no you also have to get store credit in yen somehow, dang

Jesus Christ I'm going to have to play this poo poo on my iphone

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
it's not impossible! i was planning on doing it for taiko but then it got localized anyway so I never did the research, but I'm sure someone here has

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Buying correct currency e-shop cards or whatever isn't particularly difficult, you'll just usually end up paying over the odds unless you can get them direct from JP Amazon or somewhere

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Oooh I see. I'm learning interesting stuff today!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

You get scans of the codes pretty much immediately from play asia

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
yeah but...play asia...

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

Does SEA have a Switch eShop now? I remember SRW T had the issue where the day 1 DLC had to be done as a patch for the Switch version since there wasn't an eShop to distribute it through.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
PlayAsia rules.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Possibly your worst take in a long time

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Verranicus posted:

People were much more positive about NNK2 earlier in the year, what changed besides typical goon cynicism?

It has a strong start and then crashes hard. The story not only goes nowhere, it devolves into complete nonsense. And the gameplay is just broken, you can one shot just about every enemy with one special attack, rendering the rest of the game a tedious, meaningless slog.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Amppelix posted:

They're all equally at the bottom of the ranking.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Amppelix posted:

It's the cheapest place to get most import titles on the internet without risking getting scammed on eBay.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I'm new to import stuff. What's wrong with PlayAsia?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm new to import stuff. What's wrong with PlayAsia?

They are massive chuds. Like advertising themselves as pro-gamergate "buy our titty games to own the libs' chuds.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

They are massive chuds. Like advertising themselves as pro-gamergate "buy our titty games to own the libs' chuds.

oh gently caress

is there somewhere less lovely I can get japanese eshop money?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Chrono Cross muzak is out on spotify.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

oh gently caress

Amazon Japan, but that can be a hassle.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

oh gently caress

Heavy-Arm are pretty decent for that kind of thing. There's also Amazon.co.jp bit that is Amazon with their own issues.

CDJapan also sometimes has eShop cards but they go really fast.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Sep 7, 2019

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Do watch out though, if you have any money left over you arent allowed to switch regions back so have exact change if you want to get back to another markets eshop.

Also dont be me and live in Japan for almost a year and still be unable to buy media online because their credit cards are straight garbage due to their economic policy.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Ka0 posted:

Chrono Cross muzak is out on spotify.

poo poo yea I'm gonna relive 1999-2000 when I was a college freshman driving around a minivan with a 10 disc CD changer filled with nothing but Square soundtracks.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

and here i'm the chump that bought the chrono cross revival blu ray

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Amppelix posted:

i think his worst is calling etika a lunatic

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Can't believe the guy who's entire forum identity is going "bad thing is actually good" would say that a bad service, is actually good.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

The Colonel posted:

i think his worst is calling etika a lunatic

I didn't know who that was but looking it up holy crap yeah, this takes the cake, whether it was before or after the fact.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
okage is really testing me with these dungeons

the enemies in this sewer dungeon don't even give me good exp or loot why bother fighting them

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Trails SC: Finished the 'tea party' section and I still love how the series keeps every chapter going with a slow burn until it all comes crashing down and it never fails to amaze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi2XzM4PnJU

Although my favorite thing about it so far is just the little character moments, all the returns from the first game doing their best to keep Estelle going but she also had some plentiful character growth that makes the entire thing so full of heart without dipping into melodrama.

I do wonder if I am wandering into a huge fakeout or if things are going to get really hurried up towards the end. Trails 1 was 6 chapters long(I think?) and while it did take a while to get going, so far this has been a lot of teasing, which makes sense for a midquel but I'm hoping there is some sort of triumph in the end. All Enforcers that appeared so far have been mostly toying with the gang with how ridiculous their skills are that either there's going to be no confrontation and we're just going to roll up to the 3rd game with that or the last few moments are going to be really wild. Also whatever Joshua is doing.

Either way, I'm sure it's going to pay off in dividends.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
second chapter is the end of sky, not an interquel. sky 3rd is a side epilogue/standalone story meant to lead into the later games

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
wow okage chapter 5 is depressing

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ok so they didnt just fail to filter all the sprites in Grandia, they have a big dramatic moment where half of a character is filtered and the other half isnt which is just incredible.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Barudak posted:

Do watch out though, if you have any money left over you arent allowed to switch regions back so have exact change if you want to get back to another markets eshop.

jesus loving christ I'm just gonna pray for a US release

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Samuringa posted:

Trails SC: Finished the 'tea party' section and I still love how the series keeps every chapter going with a slow burn until it all comes crashing down and it never fails to amaze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi2XzM4PnJU

Although my favorite thing about it so far is just the little character moments, all the returns from the first game doing their best to keep Estelle going but she also had some plentiful character growth that makes the entire thing so full of heart without dipping into melodrama.

I do wonder if I am wandering into a huge fakeout or if things are going to get really hurried up towards the end. Trails 1 was 6 chapters long(I think?) and while it did take a while to get going, so far this has been a lot of teasing, which makes sense for a midquel but I'm hoping there is some sort of triumph in the end. All Enforcers that appeared so far have been mostly toying with the gang with how ridiculous their skills are that either there's going to be no confrontation and we're just going to roll up to the 3rd game with that or the last few moments are going to be really wild. Also whatever Joshua is doing.

Either way, I'm sure it's going to pay off in dividends.

Things do get hurried up a little bit towards the end of SC but it's all going to pay off.

If you haven't progressed at all past the tea party yet, some of the best character moments are just ahead.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Sep 7, 2019

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

The Colonel posted:

second chapter is the end of sky, not an interquel. sky 3rd is a side epilogue/standalone story meant to lead into the later games

Hwurmp posted:

Things do get hurried up a little bit towards the end of SC but it's all going to pay off.

If you haven't progressed at all past the tea party yet, some of the best character moments are just ahead.

oh gently caress

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Barudak posted:

Ok so they didnt just fail to filter all the sprites in Grandia, they have a big dramatic moment where half of a character is filtered and the other half isnt which is just incredible.

Hey, they're not alone there.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Samuringa posted:

oh gently caress

If you're using Trails FC's length as a benchmark for SC's length, you might want to consider that SC came on two UMD's for its original PSP version...

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Barudak posted:

please take a screenshot

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

SC has an extremely long final act, if you're not sure that you're near the end then you're probably only halfway through the game

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

So I hear there's a new TWEWY on Switch but it only has "single" controls from my understanding? How does it live up to the OG TWEWY, which I absolutely love and adore? Worth it still, even if it's in a different way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Artelier posted:

So I hear there's a new TWEWY on Switch but it only has "single" controls from my understanding? How does it live up to the OG TWEWY, which I absolutely love and adore? Worth it still, even if it's in a different way?

Single player is similar to the mobile version, gameplay wise. But there is also a coop mode you can turn on that makes your partner playable with a unique 4 pin deck that is very playable for a single person and I think is a lot more satisfying. It captures the dual screen gameplay of the original far better than the normal mode.