Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

What will they do with the second week though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

happyhippy posted:

:boom:

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

GABA ghoul posted:

the concept of royal fish and birds is not hard to grasp nor unusual. Many sovereigns used t

Lol lay some fuckin knowledge on us, about royal fish and birds

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

bitmap posted:

This is the Kingfisher:

The Emperor Angelfish:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

happyhippy posted:

:hmmyes:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

wheyyyyyy lads lads lads

lets just pretend the 90's never ended

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

bitmap posted:

this but unironically

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
The EU now has 2 actual fascists on the Council of Ministers (and narrowly avoided getting a third via Italy)

The real problem that the EU has is that not enough people actually like it enough to defend it - you might have a majority of people in most countries who don't actively want to leave it but that doesn't mean there's a public will to stick with it through thick and thin, which is going to be a problem during the next Eurozone or migrant crisis

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Jel Shaker posted:

wheyyyyyy lads lads lads

lets just pretend the 90's never ended

are you a NUTS or a ZOO kinda bloke? I was once unironically asked at a bbq

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

look theres a very simple solution to this argument and it involves some lumber a sharp blade

the lumberjack song cant solve all of britains problems

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jel Shaker posted:

wheyyyyyy lads lads lads

lets just pretend the 1940s, 1966, 1982, and the late 90's never ended

Fixed

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

GABA ghoul posted:

People are just tired of Americans coming into this thread and doing their "whoa look at these inscrutable Brits" spiel every second post. the concept of royal fish and birds is not hard to grasp nor unusual. Many sovereigns used to have them like the medieval kings of Denmark, Skeletor or the dukes of Normandy.

Hey guys I just learned the House of Lords is split into the Lords Temporal and the Lords Spiritual, and you're all loving insane.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

PostNouveau posted:

Hey guys I just learned the House of Lords is split into the Lords Temporal and the Lords Spiritual, and you're all loving insane.

*doctor who theme*

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

you're american so you just don't understand rational systems of governing

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I feel like some Americans ITT think the house of lords is just aristocrats and bishops when it's really mainly old politicians appointed by the political parties. It's where MPs go into semi-retirement to sleep all day on those comfy benches.

There are still a few aristocrats and bishops there though.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

why would you want the temporal and spiritual lords to mix? of course you need to split them. smdh

e:

marktheando posted:

I feel like some Americans ITT think

bold of you to assume

Inexplicable Humblebrag has issued a correction as of 21:28 on Sep 7, 2019

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol amber rudd just quit

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Jose posted:

Lol amber rudd just quit

what does that mean

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

^^^ she resigned from the cabinet and didn't even go back to the backbenches

quit the party too lol

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

wait everyone
BORIS: The incredibly shrinking Johnson

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

marktheando posted:

I feel like some Americans ITT think the house of lords is just aristocrats and bishops when it's really mainly old politicians appointed by the political parties. It's where MPs go into semi-retirement to sleep all day on those comfy benches.

There are still a few aristocrats and bishops there though.

in America, Old politicians are basically aristocrats. There is no distinction.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

marktheando posted:

really mainly old politicians appointed by the political parties

so aristocrats

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Jose posted:

Lol amber rudd just quit

lol

https://twitter.com/DamianGreen/status/1170432982701752322

lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

destruction to the tories

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
not the moderate conservatives! :qq:

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
She has a majority of like 300 so was unlikely to be an MP by the end of the year anyway.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

wasnt Rudd supposed to the the future of the conservative party, just as Chukka was supposed to the the future of Labour?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1170442113546256387

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

labour/libdem/green coalition? nah, too much antisemitism; much safer to mix blue, yellow and cyan

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

lol @ the thought of libdems going in a coalition with JFC

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/duncanrobinson/status/1170362517534715904

:qq:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Wasn't it just a few short years ago that the liberal democrats were completely dead and destroyed.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

MikeCrotch posted:

The EU now has 2 actual fascists on the Council of Ministers (and narrowly avoided getting a third via Italy)

The real problem that the EU has is that not enough people actually like it enough to defend it - you might have a majority of people in most countries who don't actively want to leave it but that doesn't mean there's a public will to stick with it through thick and thin, which is going to be a problem during the next Eurozone or migrant crisis

All that means is that there are 2 fash ministers in member governments? I mean I'm for bashing the EU when appropriate, but a) this is 2019 fash get elected occasionally (even if they should be banned), b) the councils of ministers really work outside the normal EU framework and c) they would still be ministers even if those countries were outside the EU, the EU isn't powerful enough to change cabinets of member countries on a whim (at least outside of special circumstances, e.g. Greece, Italy during the crisis, and even then it requires political support within the given country).

Now if you had a fash commissioner that would be pretty poo poo. But even then largely limited to their portfolio, and there's 28 of them.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

hakimashou posted:

Wasn't it just a few short years ago that the liberal democrats were completely dead and destroyed.

That was pre-Brexit canon

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

hakimashou posted:

That is not dead which can eternal lie.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

expanding into the market niche left behind by the conservative implosion

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

while polls never work, I do believe they work in the UK, where people wear pants on their heads and eat dirt and say that it's either chocolate ice cream or ground beef

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

lol just lol

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Please Clap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

http://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1170434430076424192