Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm an eternal gently caress The Pats guy but watching Belichick steal Tomlin's lunch money on national TV was way more entertaining than I expected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

AndrewP posted:

I don’t really feel bad for Browns fans because it was *one* game and you have a great QB for at least the next decade.

I understand it’s a letdown after an off-season of hype but it’s gonna be okay and they should feel a little better after watching the Steelers crash and burn with their busted old and fat QB

This is the arc of cleveland sports. Things look really good and you're right on the verge of actual real things then it's extra innings of game 7 and you're the only team to do lose not once but twice in that fashion. This is the perpetual cycle, how the hope builds to fuel the factory. How do I know it's already over? Because this is how it's always been

Android Apocalypse posted:

Realtalk is the Browns defense that terrible?

On paper Mariota shouldn't have survived the game with that defensive line. In reality it was a loving paper tiger.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Benne posted:

I'm an eternal gently caress The Pats guy but watching Belichick steal Tomlin's lunch money on national TV was way more entertaining than I expected

The first 20 times weren’t enough?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Just remembered to look to see what Myles Jack said after the game (mostly boilerplate I'm sorry, won't happen again, etc) but it did make me wonder what was up on that play.

Sammy Watkins blew him up is what pissed him off originally. But it was a passing play, a straight dropback and not an RPO or anything I don't think. What was going on there? Did Watkins have the wrong play call? Was he trying to bait Jack or something dumb like that?

What a weird rear end play, with the Chiefs season almost dying along with everything Jack did.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
for many years, i have been killing my liver out of despair. despair of play calling. anemic route combinations, rbs slammed into stacked boxes, play action absent despite the run being established, whatever the gently caress that means. today, all has changed. Mr. Moore (Moore, Kellen) calls a modern offense. RPOs, Deep routes into the middle of the field, constant pre-snap motion, large usage of play action. I now kill my liver out of joy

Tom Sellout fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 9, 2019

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
The Minnesota Vikings are both cool and good.

The same cannot be said of the Atlanta Falcons.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Benne posted:

Oh yeah, cheaters > rapist, any day of the week.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
so when does the fat overrated dipshit start throwing juju under the bus

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

corn on the cop posted:

so when does the fat overrated dipshit start throwing juju under the bus

Why would Bettis say anything

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

nick foles sacrificed his clavicle in a voodoo ritual to destroy tyreek hill's clavicle

this may not have been a good trade-off for the jags, but it was the moral thing to do, and thus could be expected of a righteous and just Man of God like big dick nick

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Greg Williams could coach a defense from nothing

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Lessail posted:

it was a nice four or five days of thinking that maybe the nfl wouldn't be the garbage poo poo that it is

Game 5 was one of the happiest days of my life

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

PupsOfWar posted:

nick foles sacrificed his clavicle in a voodoo ritual to destroy tyreek hill's clavicle

this may not have been a good trade-off for the jags, but it was the moral thing to do, and thus could be expected of a righteous and just Man of God like big dick nick

Should have saved it for Tom Brady.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/Supreme_gifs/status/1170759259706908672

I've never seen anything like it

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

It never stops being funny

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Devin funchess broke his collarbone.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Kalli posted:

That was ridiculous. I know the Patriots have the Steelers number, but I was expecting the offense to need time to get in sync, but lol, nope.

They opened as -14.5 favorites @ Miami next week.

Bet it now before it moves to 30.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

FizFashizzle posted:

Devin funchess broke his collarbone.

Is it just me or has there been more collarbone injuries this year?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Benne posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/pats12mel_/status/1170900394014322688

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

amazing what you can accomplish when you take all kinds of steroids and HGH

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Ehud posted:

amazing what you can accomplish when you take all kinds of steroids and HGH

32 teams full of juicers, only works for 1 of them? :thunk:

Everyone but the Pats are actually getting placebos

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cam needs to take steroids.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Eifert Posting posted:

I have mixed feelings on how the Bengals played but I think the coaching was solid. I'm very much a Taylor skeptic but I saw a lot to like, we'll see if he's able to modify things as people get tape or if this was all of his ideas.

It was cool seeing the football team I like see a defense that was in the 4-3 like 80% of the time and say 'gently caress it lets throw it every play'.

Also the Bengals have an insane number of talented pass rushers

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

It was cool seeing the football team I like see a defense that was in the 4-3 like 80% of the time and say 'gently caress it lets throw it every play'.

Also the Bengals have an insane number of talented pass rushers

I'd caution Bengals fans with the reminder that the Seahawks are always terrible and disjointed in September. No clue why that is, but it's a hallmark of Carroll teams.

Anyway the Bengals were smart to pass it that much, no Ansah or Reed meant Seattle's pass rush was limited and their secondary is currently the weak point. Their run D on the other hand should be stellar, although it was funny to see the Bengals totally opt out of running.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

FizFashizzle posted:

Cam needs to take steroids.

Isn't he afraid of needles?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Grittybeard posted:

Just remembered to look to see what Myles Jack said after the game (mostly boilerplate I'm sorry, won't happen again, etc) but it did make me wonder what was up on that play.

Sammy Watkins blew him up is what pissed him off originally. But it was a passing play, a straight dropback and not an RPO or anything I don't think. What was going on there? Did Watkins have the wrong play call? Was he trying to bait Jack or something dumb like that?

What a weird rear end play, with the Chiefs season almost dying along with everything Jack did.

https://twitter.com/saintssoulja/status/1170761536064950273?s=21

Every year when we play the Jags their defensive players have game-long meltdowns, last year it was Telvin Smith now it’s Myles Jack. Just do your job and cover Travis it can’t be that hard

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

he needs to get over that. been almost a year since cam completed a pass through the air longer than 20 yards.

he's also washed but whatever

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

shirts and skins posted:

I'd caution Bengals fans with the reminder that the Seahawks are always terrible and disjointed in September. No clue why that is, but it's a hallmark of Carroll teams.

Anyway the Bengals were smart to pass it that much, no Ansah or Reed meant Seattle's pass rush was limited and their secondary is currently the weak point. Their run D on the other hand should be stellar, although it was funny to see the Bengals totally opt out of running.

Carroll is undefeated at home in September though.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

ESPN is slurping the Patriots this morning and making GBS threads pretty hard on AB. How did the Patriots get this reputation as a cold blooded organization that will cut players without remorse? What big names have they gotten rid of?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

colachute posted:

ESPN is slurping the Patriots this morning and making GBS threads pretty hard on AB. How did the Patriots get this reputation as a cold blooded organization that will cut players without remorse? What big names have they gotten rid of?

there's a bunch of times they didn't resign or they traded guys because belichick is a skinflint and it likely cost them rings.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Chichevache posted:

Carroll is undefeated at home in September though.

Doesn't mean they don't play like garbage! But they'll do just enough, to be sure.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

colachute posted:

They cut a bunch of players that where over the hill af (Ochocinco as one example) and then branded themselves as the patriot way

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Take the Dolphins on the money line you cowards.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

there's a bunch of times they didn't resign or they traded guys because belichick is a skinflint and it likely cost them rings.

A decade TWO DECADES OF SPECTACULAR FAILURE!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I thought that the timeout happened because Bevell didn’t like the look from the Cardinals defense, which would’ve been bad but an honest mistake. But apparently it was called because the coaches didn’t think their 11-year veteran quarterback would get the snap off. This truly elevates it into the pantheon of worst Lions losses, even though they technically didn’t lose.

Also it’s nice to have a tight end who can both get open AND hold onto the ball.

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Sep 9, 2019

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Just threading them.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

colachute posted:

Goes back almost to the beginning with Lawyer Milloy released after declining to take a paycut, leading to getting beat down 31-0 by the Bills and "they hate their coach" they then went on to win the super bowl

If you include trades there's a bunch more, like Branch, Richard Seymour, Moss, Logan Mankins, Chandler Jones, and Jamie Collins

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Nosre posted:

Goes back almost to the beginning with Lawyer Milloy released after declining to take a paycut, leading to getting beat down 31-0 by the Bills and "they hate their coach" they then went on to win the super bowl

If you include trades there's a bunch more, like Branch, Richard Seymour, Moss, Logan Mankins, Chandler Jones, and Jamie Collins

Also declined to re-sign Welker which I think was behind the first big patsgoon :siren: LOST SEASON :siren: meltdown I can remember reading here.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

CyberPingu posted:

Just threading them.

For whatever reason, that's not usually the problem. It usually the easy throws he struggles to hit consistently.

I can count at least three times yesterday that he overthrew McCaffrey/Olsen/Samuel on throws of varying distances.

I'm legit concerned (and especially so because he barely ran or scrambled at all yesterday)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I was kind of sad when the Pats released Vince Wilfork, but I believe even he admitted he was kind of done when he went to the Texans.

Then again, how can you not love this dude?