Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
it was a nice four or five days of thinking that maybe the nfl wouldn't be the garbage poo poo that it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Imagine having hope.

lol

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Silly Burrito posted:

In four days there will be legal adults who were born after 9/11.

:thejoke:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The Patriots winning a blowout and the Browns losing one was the most predictable thing in football this year and my not predicting it is either a sign of my eternal optimism or that I'm a loving idiot

it's the first one making me the second one

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
browns fans learning what hubris is

you love to see it

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Mike Florio reports that after the game Steelers players will all be calling their agents and asking for a trade.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

TheBizzness posted:

Mike Florio reports that after the game Steelers players will all be calling their agents and asking for a trade.

Can't wait until every single NFL player is playing for New England.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Lessail posted:

it was a nice four or five days of thinking that maybe the nfl wouldn't be the garbage poo poo that it is

Oh go enjoy your historically well above average hockey team

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Were Browns fans just making GBS threads up everything all off-season or something? I don't really follow football stuff during the off-season other than maybe the draft and everyone on every forum I check seemed super happy that the Browns were trash today and making GBS threads on their fans. Only way that turns makes sense to me is if Browns fans were dickheads from like February through August.

I mean, it makes sense to me, because the hype I saw from every one around me was ridiculous and over the top. You'd think we'd lost the AFCCG or something last year based on how some people were talking. I just hadn't expected to return to football posting to Browns fans being the bad guys.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

wilderthanmild posted:

Were Browns fans just making GBS threads up everything all off-season or something? I don't really follow football stuff during the off-season other than maybe the draft and everyone on every forum I check seemed super happy that the Browns were trash today and making GBS threads on their fans. Only way that turns makes sense to me is if Browns fans were dickheads from like February through August.

It was actually like late-Dec/early-Jan through to noon today, but yeah

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The NFL is filled with the fandom of 32 teams and unless you’re a fan of the Patriots you don’t get to experience joy and the other 31 fandoms don’t want the other 30 to experience it before them.

Sorry Browns no one is rooting for you.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
the cincinnati bengals are good and almost won. it's a new dawn in america

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Best play from this weekend.

https://twitter.com/NotScTop10plays/status/1170897250001793026

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That was ridiculous. I know the Patriots have the Steelers number, but I was expecting the offense to need time to get in sync, but lol, nope.

They opened as -14.5 favorites @ Miami next week.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kalli posted:

That was ridiculous. I know the Patriots have the Steelers number, but I was expecting the offense to need time to get in sync, but lol, nope.

Seems low.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Random thought: I know that it's not quite the same level as murdering several people but did the Raiders offer some sort of jersey exchange program for AB?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Full opening odds:

https://twitter.com/golfodds/status/1170834458502557696

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

need a photoshop of those "miss me yet" billboards but with AB/Bell

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Kalli posted:

I picked the under on Bovada because I thought neither offense would click. I won but the Pats almost singlehandly threatened to get those 49 points.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
LOL

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh, huh. I didn't know you could look at point spreads on pfr. Cool. And over/unders.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Ladies and gentlemen, your top scoring fantasy quarterbacks so far this year are Lamar Jackson and Dak Prescott

lol

ELO Musk posted:

On the bright side, the Eagles kick extreme rear end. Offense was rusty first half and looked monstrous second half. The defense left something to be desired covering edge plays and crossers but the real flag is how little they got to clueless Keenum. Jernigan is currently my best hope of a turnaround on that front.

matter of fact, Case Keenum is your fourth highest scoring fantasy quarterback so far this week. 380 yards, 3 tds and no interceptions.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

How loving putrid is Jameis Winston? Jesus.

he's awful, but that was especially bad. I can't believe he's still throwing up panic throws like 3 or 4 loving years into the process. He just doesn't seem like an NFL quarterback

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Niners were total clownball in the first half but then we got outclowned in the second, which was nice.

Yeah not a pretty win, thankfully they were playing against Jameis Winston and the Bucs. There were some nice defensive plays but the offense and Jimmy G did not look sharp

Mooseontheloose posted:

I picked the under on Bovada because I thought neither offense would click. I won but the Pats almost singlehandly threatened to get those 49 points.

The Patriots, on the other hand, look amazing on both sides of the ball. To me this looks like a much better team than last year and will probably waltz to the super bowl because there is no justice in this world

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Can't complain about this weekend.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Diva Cupcake posted:

The NFL is filled with the fandom of 32 teams and unless you’re a fan of the Patriots you don’t get to experience joy and the other 31 fandoms don’t want the other 30 to experience it before them.

??? I feel joy all the time because of my fandom

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Austin Ekeler is awesome and my friend

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Metapod posted:

??? I feel joy all the time because of my fandom

Aren’t you a bills fan?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Aren’t you a bills fan?

Lmao

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Dolphins scored more points than the Bears and Steelers. Who's really tanking :smug:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Don't worry guys, the good news is the Patriots play garbage teams for the next 7 weeks straight

Oh wait I mean loving horrible news, sorry

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Tim Whatley posted:

Random thought: I know that it's not quite the same level as murdering several people but did the Raiders offer some sort of jersey exchange program for AB?

Nope. There is a 90 day window for an exchange but that only applies if the player is traded, not released.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

wandler20 posted:

Nope. There is a 90 day window for an exchange but that only applies if the player is traded, not released.

Lol that’s cold

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Don't worry guys, the good news is the Patriots play garbage teams for the next 7 weeks straight

At least only two of those games are national games!

10/10 Host the Giants on TNF
10/21 @Jets

SNF 11/3 @Ravens looks like it might loving rule though.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Lamar Jackson really threw the ball well. He did have some wide open guys but he still delivered catchable balls at a bunch of different depths. For sure it won't always be that easy but super encouraging overall.

Diva Cupcake posted:

I have sympathy for all fanbases. Definitely didn't want to see them get beaten and battered and blown out like that. But they did, and it was funny.

To Browns fans I would say take a loving chill pill, there's a lot more football to come and it happens all the time that a poor showing in the opener is looked better by week 3 or 4. It was dumb to assume that the Titans were a powderpuff football team because on their best days they're extremely good on both sides of the ball. So continue to keep faith. Pretty eager to listen to the Thomahawk Show this week >:)

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Yeah looking at their schedule I projected 7-0 and they'v just annihilated probably the best team in the whole stretch. Easiest schedule in the NFL this year apparently

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1170761536408817665

Lamar Jackson is cool as poo poo

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Browns did not lose their season in Week 1

But a lot of Browns fans probably got a text going "Superbowl huh? lol get real" from a friend they've been poo poo talking to.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

wilderthanmild posted:

I mean, it makes sense to me, because the hype I saw from every one around me was ridiculous and over the top. You'd think we'd lost the AFCCG or something last year based on how some people were talking. I just hadn't expected to return to football posting to Browns fans being the bad guys.

There were the super bowl dickheads down to the "we shouldn't be absolute trash" people. We all looked loving stupid. This is what we got thinking the franchise was anything but a complete dumpster fire piled high with adult diapers

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Browns fans overestimated a WR's impact on a team while underestimating a head coach's impact on a team

To be fair, so did their front office

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I don’t really feel bad for Browns fans because it was *one* game and you have a great QB for at least the next decade.

I understand it’s a letdown after an off-season of hype but it’s gonna be okay and they should feel a little better after watching the Steelers crash and burn with their busted old and fat QB

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Realtalk is the Browns defense that terrible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

There were the super bowl dickheads down to the "we shouldn't be absolute trash" people. We all looked loving stupid. This is what we got thinking the franchise was anything but a complete dumpster fire piled high with adult diapers

While I am enjoying your minor freakout, I feel like you're overreacting maybe a liiiiiitttttlllleee bit