Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Bistromatic posted:

I can forgive the porgs because they needed something to paste over the puffins that were everywhere on that island.

Oh that's it! The actor playing chewie murdered a puffin and that's how they covered it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashrum3
Feb 16, 2019
the empire going to rise again and luke is comeing back to smack that rear end

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

No thread’s ever really gone

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

poisonpill posted:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

ashrum3 posted:

the empire going to rise again and luke is comeing back to smack that rear end

just randomly shitposting in a thread that died 2 weeks ago nbd

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

poisonpill posted:

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

poisonpill posted:

<Emperor's laugh>

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Don't force it

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Colonel Cancer posted:

Don't force it

Great post, kid! That was one in a million

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
let the thread die. kill it if you have to.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
No thread is ever really gone

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Bistromatic posted:

let the thread die. kill it if you have to.

The sacred texts!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Star Wars: Skywalker Hard

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Remember that time you thought any star wars at all was good

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Post, or post not. There is no lurk.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Loving how everyone who vowed to boycott Rise of Skywalker because TLJ was such a shitshow are now creaming their pants because the last trailer had a bunch of star destroyers sitting in rows.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Blistex posted:

Loving how everyone who vowed to boycott Rise of Skywalker because TLJ was such a shitshow are now creaming their pants because the last trailer had a bunch of star destroyers sitting in rows.

I hated it and the new trailer made me puke. Mandalorian looks ok though.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Blistex posted:

i thought this internet boycott would be different :'(

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Blistex posted:

pretty sure They are still mad. and moreover They are also whiny babies, unlike We in this higher caliber starwars discussion thread; We are by contrast solid, thick and tight as gently caress.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Blistex posted:

Who the gently caress is even financing and building these gigantic gently caress off entire space navies and multiple planet sized killer space stations which alone have to be manned by imperial forces in the hundreds of thousands of not millions, let alone the logistics behind supplying these things, all within the span of a few decades?

I mean it would take hundreds of trillions of people and the destruction of entire solar systems worth of resources just to build these things, and that's assuming they can be put together that fast in the first place

And I don't just mean the death star/star killer bases.
I mean the hundreds of apparent Star destroyers and Imperator class behemoth things like the emperor uses

Not to mention that by the time Kylo rolls around, all the star destroyers look different, so they apparently scrapped the entire imperial fleet because he wanted the new Fall '33 ABY body styles. So they rebuilt the entire goddamn imperial navy for no loving reason like 20 years after the height of it's power under the emperor, who, ALSO apparently destroyed the entire Republican fleet to build his Space Triangles

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Sep 9, 2019

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Big Beef City posted:

Who the gently caress is even financing and building these gigantic gently caress off entire space navies and multiple planet sized killer space stations which alone have to be manned by imperial forces in the hundreds of thousands of not millions, let alone the logistics behind supplying these things, all within the span of a few decades?

I mean it would take hundreds of trillions of people and the destruction of entire solar systems worth of resources just to build these things, and that's assuming they can be put together that fast in the first place

I mean the hundreds of apparent Star destroyers and Imperator class behemoth things like the emperor uses

I feel like TLJ kinda tried to touch on this with the stuff about the war profiteers, but it wasn’t cool or interesting and didn’t really go anywhere.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Bold Robot posted:

I feel like TLJ kinda tried to touch on this with the stuff about the war profiteers, but it wasn’t cool or interesting and didn’t really go anywhere.

No, but they could have a stuffy imperial officer talking to an admiral prior to the start of 'a scene' once or twice a film saying
'Sir, we've already reduced the Butt system to cinders and...'put down' the 'workers strike'. However the empire cannot provide the fleet more support at this time... And frankly sir..." Before they get shushed

And boom you lay out how they're doing it and that there's at least some internal pressure there.

But. Star Warps

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
"We're not leaving this room until we have a cool new lightsaber for this movie. Everything rides on the new lightsaber."

"It's been eighteen hours."

"Yes. Yes it loving has. Eighteen hours of 'lightsaber nun-chucks', and 'gun that shoots lightsabers', and 'let's just do Maul's double-ended one again, I love double-ended!', and 'lightsaber, but it's orange, we haven't seen an orange one before'. All of you better start taking this poo poo seriously, or you're gonna be here for eighteen more."

".... Two lightsabers, together?"

"What? How does that work, and what good is it?"

"Two lightsabers. But together. Cut twice as hard. Maybe they can flick, like a giant butterfly knife, and now it's double-ended??"

"Ladies and gentlemen, we just saved Star Wars."

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Big Beef City posted:

No, but they could have a stuffy imperial officer talking to an admiral prior to the start of 'a scene' once or twice a film saying
'Sir, we've already reduced the Butt system to cinders and...'put down' the 'workers strike'. However the empire cannot provide the fleet more support at this time... And frankly sir..." Before they get shushed

And boom you lay out how they're doing it and that there's at least some internal pressure there.

But. Star Warps

I mean...there certainly is a bit in TLJ where a workers’ strike is put down by brute force. It’s just one of the good guys doing it and the scene is played for comedy.

Hogger
Sep 8, 2019
how's it the rise of something if it's the end of a trilogy

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Hogger posted:

how's it the rise of something if it's the end of a trilogy

Rise of new toys and other tie-in movies and also the trilogy after this one.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Can’t believe that HACK Lucas is making another god drat Star Wars!!!! What’s he gonna do now? 3 hours of jar jar blinks stand up? Robots with 6 arms? Why not give lightsabers theee blades this time ya clown!! God damnit this Star Wars makes my piss boil!!!!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

"We're not leaving this room until we have a cool new lightsaber for this movie. Everything rides on the new lightsaber."

"It's been eighteen hours."

"Yes. Yes it loving has. Eighteen hours of 'lightsaber nun-chucks', and 'gun that shoots lightsabers', and 'let's just do Maul's double-ended one again, I love double-ended!', and 'lightsaber, but it's orange, we haven't seen an orange one before'. All of you better start taking this poo poo seriously, or you're gonna be here for eighteen more."

".... Two lightsabers, together?"

"What? How does that work, and what good is it?"

"Two lightsabers. But together. Cut twice as hard. Maybe they can flick, like a giant butterfly knife, and now it's double-ended??"

"Ladies and gentlemen, we just saved Star Wars."

We missed lightsaber but splits into two beams like you're trying to piss with an erection

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Light saber but the blades only come out after you throw it and they are tiny and also it's a gyroscope balanced ninja throwing star that screams like a wounded r2d2 every time it's thrown.

The first time it's thrown it's sliced in half and sputters to death with a sad, sparking droid noise as extremely loud sad star Wars music plays

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Big Beef City posted:

Light saber but the blades only come out after you throw it and they are tiny and also it's a gyroscope balanced ninja throwing star that screams like a wounded r2d2 every time it's thrown.

The first time it's thrown it's sliced in half and sputters to death with a sad, sparking droid noise as extremely loud sad star Wars music plays

Somehow a circular blade that bounces we can have Leia warrior princess

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I'm seriously freaking out over Darth Rei's new lightsaber:

And by freaking out I mean 'not going to watch this mess until it's on Netflix or something'.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

What if she starts off with the saber extended as a bo, and then snaps it into that format and it results in a HILARIOUS Three Stooges moment where whoever she's fighting puts their thumb on their nose and does a finger waggle at her and then pokes her in the eye between the two blades

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
It’s a pair of space chopsticks for a Rancor

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Blistex posted:

Who are you describing.

I have not heard anyone mention that snippet in any context.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Everybody shut up!

a Curved lightsaber

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I don't want to watch the trailer because I want the leak where the whole plot of the movie is "Rey and friends give their lives to broadcast Luke's biography on galactic cable" to be true and it's possible the trailer could dispel that

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Kazak posted:

Everybody shut up!

a Curved lightsaber

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

laser scimitar

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Big Beef City posted:

Not to mention that by the time Kylo rolls around, all the star destroyers look different, so they apparently scrapped the entire imperial fleet because he wanted the new Fall '33 ABY body styles. So they rebuilt the entire goddamn imperial navy for no loving reason like 20 years after the height of it's power under the emperor, who, ALSO apparently destroyed the entire Republican fleet to build his Space Triangles

One of the good things the EU in the books did was have an "Imperial Remnant" of various factions who all claimed dominion over the remains of the Empire after the death of the Emperor. They ruled little fiefdoms and commanded fleets of various sizes and the new Republic had to deal with them with a combo of diplomacy and outright war to get re-established.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
saber? i barely knew'er!