Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Barry Foster posted:

This is going to be a problem, isn't it

Nah, they'll still go for a Tory coalition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

love too promise things I'll never ever ever have to deliver

I'm more likely to grow a second dick than the LDs are to get a majority

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

These points of order are gold

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Pesky Splinter posted:

:lol: The collective groan at Soubry.

Imagine being booed by the Tory frontbench (misguided souls that they are) and terrorist Stalinist Jeremy Corbyn. That's what it feels like to be the last sane person in the country.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Julio Cruz posted:

love too promise things I'll never ever ever have to deliver

I'm more likely to grow a second dick than the LDs are to get a majority

But it will peel off melts and split the vote

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Julio Cruz posted:

I have watched one Doctor Who episode ever (no, not even the old ones)

it was Let's Kill Hitler and it fully convinced me that I'd made an excellent decision in totally avoiding every other episode

(I have been told that that episode is one of the worst ones and that DW is not usually that bad, but I absolutely do not intend to find out how correct that is)

Ultimately Doctor Who is a program for children, obsessed over by incurably tragic adults

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
lmao Bercow deliberately allowing all of these points of order because Boris tried to zing him

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I wish he'd stop thumping the dispatch box, it sounds annoying

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Barry Foster posted:

But it will peel off melts and split the vote

the melts who are going to take this shite seriously would never have voted Labour anyway

A Spherical Sponge
Nov 28, 2010

suck my woke dick posted:

... what makes Seamus Whatshisname a Stalinist mastermind???

idk my friend says he engages in apologia for Stalin. He probably read this foreign policy article: Corbyn's Pet Stalinist. He said it's just a 'widely accepted fact' that Seamus Milne is a stalinist

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Ms Fuchi posted:

Ultimately Doctor Who is a program for children, obsessed over by incurably tragic adults

so basically TV Harry Potter, gotcha

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

PittTheElder posted:

These points of order are gold

I now move to the point of order which is the Jailing of the PM

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Lmao, Bercow just told the tories yelling from behind chairs to "get a life"

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I now move to the point of order which is the Jailing of the PM
I mean, he just said he intends to break the law, so go for it!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

the melts who are going to take this shite seriously would never have voted Labour anyway

Eh, I don't think we should underestimate the friction of Brexit uncertainty on businesses. 'You can put this behind you and start making long-term plans again' is pretty seductive, as is 'you're not going to lose your job because your employer is shifting assets to Europe just in case'. A second referendum will mean that a lot of important systems will remain gummed up for quite a while as everyone waits to see whether the country is going to shoot itself in the dick or not.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I don't think laughing and scorning Corbyn makes the Tories look as good as they think it does

e: oh poo poo Corbyn accused Boris of shitposting

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Darth Walrus posted:

Eh, I don't think we should underestimate the friction of Brexit uncertainty on businesses. 'You can put this behind you and start making long-term plans again' is pretty seductive, as is 'you're not going to lose your job because your employer is shifting assets to Europe just in case'. A second referendum will mean that a lot of important systems will remain gummed up for quite a while as everyone waits to see whether the country is going to shoot itself in the dick or not.

Businesses that have survived longer than a week understand what negotiations are and no deal ‘beginning’ actually means.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

I've been watching this for the last few days, and following this thread to learn more.

This is incredible, and I wish the US had a real system like this.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

"rearrange the mics on the titanic" lmao

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Corbyn's body language needs some work though.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

"Mr Speaker, if I could just inform the members opposite, I have no intention of giving way to any of them, okay?"

It's like watching an adult argue with a toddler.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

What feed is everybody watching?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Angry Lobster posted:

Corbyn's body language needs some work though.

It's the restraint of him stopping himself from grabbing the mace and braining the opposite bench.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

PittTheElder posted:

BBC Parliament on a real TV like it's 2004.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Hope Bercow's planning on camping in the chair until he retires to stop prorogation

his wife all popping in so he can say see you in a month or two

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

A Spherical Sponge posted:

idk my friend says he engages in apologia for Stalin. He probably read this foreign policy article: Corbyn's Pet Stalinist. He said it's just a 'widely accepted fact' that Seamus Milne is a stalinist

So literally "well everyone says so!". That's laughably indefensible, like on the level of a small child.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

PittTheElder posted:

parliamentlive.tv for the og purestrain insanity

twitch.tv has a stream of the stream for the peanut gallery

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/parliawint/status/1171186292740243457?s=19

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

PittTheElder posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEej5VdPEkI via the Guardian.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Total Meatlove posted:

Businesses that have survived longer than a week understand what negotiations are and no deal ‘beginning’ actually means.

Right, but they and government agencies are still stalling a hell of a lot of long-term projects because they don't know if they'll have money and personnel for them when Brexit happens, and cutting ties with useful EU resources in case they won't be able to use them in the long term. British businesses have already seen a 5% productivity cut from Brexit.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

tecnocrat posted:

I've been watching this for the last few days, and following this thread to learn more.

This is incredible, and I wish the US had a real system like this.

The system that's currently falling apart because it's all held together with gaffer tape labeled "convention"?

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

twitch.tv has a stream of the stream for the peanut gallery

Twitch has a lot of lag

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

El Pollo Blanco posted:

The system that's currently falling apart because it's all held together with gaffer tape labeled "convention"?

Wait, are you talking about the UK or US system here

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Ah yeah this is like 30 seconds ahead of the youtube stream

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Tbf the US system is welded together and it's falling apart too

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

El Pollo Blanco posted:

I'd take a chicken pecking at a tic-tac-toe board determining law over the flaming wreckage we have right now.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Corbyn needs to be shoutier, the government's literally going "lol not gonna follow laws enacted by parliament vote us out if u can" and he's softly reading out an essay. He's way better when he's pissed or delivering off the cuff burns

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

baka kaba posted:

Corbyn needs to be shoutier, the government's literally going "lol not gonna follow laws enacted by parliament vote us out if u can" and he's softly reading out an essay. He's way better when he's pissed or delivering off the cuff burns

Agreed. This is five alarm poo poo

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Pesky Splinter posted:

It's the restraint of him stopping himself from grabbing the mace and braining the opposite bench.

That would be quality content alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Sooooo are the SNP voting for an election here