Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt
The tories are bringing out their best posh braying for tonight, loving hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

baka kaba posted:

Sooooo are the SNP voting for an election here

"We want a general election, but not on the Prime Minister's terms' so probably not no

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

It literally doesn't matter who votes for an election so long as labour all vote against. They have more than 1/3 of the total seats in parliament.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

baka kaba posted:

Sooooo are the SNP voting for an election here

Didn't he say 'not on the prime minister's terms'

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

HopperUK posted:

"We want a general election, but not on the Prime Minister's terms' so probably not no

ohhh ok he just said once No Deal is off the table yeah

I'm 5 mins behind :shobon:

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

The tories are bringing out their best posh braying for tonight, loving hell.

The inane jeering, and guffawing at the terrible jokes and "gotchas" is the loving worst.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
the worst thing about when they cut to Boris is that you have to look at Nicky Morgan's hideous potato face as she leers and lisps at Labour

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Bardeh posted:

the worst thing about when they cut to Boris is that you have to look at Nicky Morgan's hideous potato face as she leers and lisps at Labour

Don't do this

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Has the Prime Minister not been arrested yet? Come on lads and lasses I expected this to be finished by the time I went to bed

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

mrpwase posted:

Has the Prime Minister not been arrested yet? Come on lads and lasses I expected this to be finished by the time I went to bed

same. when's the vote i wanna sleep

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

https://twitter.com/themadbrewery/status/1171108814084612097?s=21

A Spherical Sponge
Nov 28, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

So literally "well everyone says so!". That's laughably indefensible, like on the level of a small child.

nah that's just one of his arguments. He cited a quote from wikipedia citing a 2006 article where Milne says

"For all its brutalities and failures, communism in the Soviet Union, eastern Europe and elsewhere delivered rapid industrialisation, mass education, job security and huge advances in social and gender equality. It encompassed genuine idealism and commitment... Its existence helped to drive up welfare standards in the west, boosted the anticolonial movement and provided a powerful counterweight to western global domination"

which he argues is evidence of Milne saying stalinist russia was a net good (which makes him a stalinist). Also the fact that he was the business editor of a Pro-USSR left wing newspaper in the late 70s early 80s. And also because he wrote in the forward to a book about east Germany that it had some good points relative to west Germany, and that these points are often ignored in modern political discourse (esp. in Germany) in favour of uncritically denunciating east germany as an evil totalitarian state. Which is pro-soviet historical revisionism in my friend's eyes.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Swinson shh, just stop it. You have no presence or charisma, especially following the SNP and 'reasonable tory'.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I hope this poo poo gives us a new wave of freemen of the land-esque chancers taking these arguments to court.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Ah Jo Swinson is on *skips ahead to live*

Boris looks ready for beddy byes

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

I'm ready for beddy byes. When's this vote, I'm tired of this poo poo

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

baka kaba posted:

Ah Jo Swinson is on *skips ahead to live*

Boris looks ready for beddy byes

poo poo gear mate, didn’t last all that long and now they’re crashing

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
I actually just had to mute her, an amazingly grating voice and as someone said earlier it sounds like she's addressing a sixth form politics class.

Anyway Ian Blackford was spitting fire earlier. One of these days I'll work out the twitters well enough to cut segments like that for the threads edification.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
I have to say, 2/3rd of what Alan Duncan said was pretty good (FTPA bad, Brexit is a disaster, I'm still a tory who will vote with the party no matter what)

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

The Liberal Democrats have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

moostaffa posted:

I have to say, 2/3rd of what Alan Duncan said was pretty good (FTPA bad, Brexit is a disaster, I'm still a tory who will vote with the party no matter what)

Still a fucken tory though

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
At least someone finally called Johnson out specifically on his lovely laughter and schoolboy attitude. No time for Jo Swinson but that was all right

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Muting it at the Tory who sounds like they're doing a bad impression of Boris Karloff. Had my fill for tonight.

baka kaba posted:

The Liberal Democrats have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?

Ha!

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
https://twitter.com/parliawint/status/1171189379978747904

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

RockyB posted:

Anyway Ian Blackford was spitting fire earlier. One of these days I'll work out the twitters well enough to cut segments like that for the threads edification.

You mean like this?

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

The 2010 Labour Party was an extremely different animal. They'd have cut almost as hard as the Tories with the same results
I don’t think so.
prior to the 2010 election Brown/Darling’s government was running stimulus in response to the crash, not austerity.
the party only embraced the big need for cuts narrative after the election, as a response to the voters’ perceived rejection of the Labour manifesto and embrace of Tory's.

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

So I imagine at this point Bercow is letting this run as long as possible just to take the piss?

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Dril is dropping some deep cuts tonight

https://twitter.com/parliawint/status/1171195292546473984

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Bercow is so sick of all this

I need more shouting personally. Accusatory pointing, references to dictatorships, let's step this up!

e- Goldilocks deal, wtf. That's not even a metaphor

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

baka kaba posted:

I need more shouting personally. Accusatory pointing, references to dictatorships, let's step this up!

It's very sedate and boring now yeah

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

baka kaba posted:

I think the shouting will only come back post-vote.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

I genuinely laughed out loud at that. I think I've watched too much politics today

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

BoJo looks like he's lost the will to live

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Barry Foster posted:

It's very sedate and boring now yeah

It's not even that, the sheer hypocrisy and audacity of what the government are doing should be getting a bigger response. It almost makes it seem acceptable with this little pushback, they should be embarrassed to even suggest an election at this point

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Ms Fuchi posted:

BoJo looks like he's lost the will to live

To be fair to him, the last three speeches have been super boring. That Labour one went on and on

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
We learnt If, Else If at school and I didn’t even get to wear a boater hat and morning suit but my education was better than the Tory benches apparently?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Some harridan was yelling ‘sit down!’ there.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Ugh, this boring disingenuous fucker Cash. I'm off to bed.

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

Staying up for

DIVISIIIIIIIIIIOOON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

To be fair to him, the last three speeches have been super boring. That Labour one went on and on

I think they're going to beat this prorogation by speaking for five weeks