Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

The Great Autismo! posted:

China is poo poo.

Signed,
forums loser The Great Autismo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Tom Smykowski posted:

I'm gonna be in Taipei for like a month. What should I do???

Come to Tokyo and hang out with me.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Stringent posted:

Come to Tokyo and hang out with me.

My guy, I'm going to Tokyo after Taipei :c00l:

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

pet cats eat bugs hth

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

peanut posted:

pet cats eat bugs hth

RIP Bug/Minibug.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

peanut posted:

pet cats eat bugs hth

My cat just watches them

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

My cat just watches them

if I were your cat I would loving kill myself

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Why? My cat lives a life of incredible feline luxury, better than 99% of all cats probably

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I've seen pictures of you holding it and I assure you, I would rather be 99.99999% of all living creatures on this earth than I would be that cat

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

reported for advocating self harm

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Stringent posted:

reported for advocating self harm

only IF I were a cat, and even then, in this case, humanitarian

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
for advocating self harm to fart simpson's cat, not you.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Stringent posted:

for advocating self harm to fart simpson's cat, not you.

great job for reporting posts for encouraging other poster's pets doing self-harm. definitely a great use of the report button, I'm sure the mods will be all over it.

can't imagine what would happen if I started cheerleading the actual death of decent people in a fire at their place of work, or something.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
me either

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
also, snitch

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Suicide requests are haraam

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

But yeah I’m also glad you’re not my cat. Glad we finally agree on something

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Does anyone have experience with uploading a photo while making an appointment to renew a Chinese passport? (Is it the same when applying for a visa?) It's proving impossible to satisfy its requirements.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 23, 2021

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Thanks a lot! We ended up using an app that a friend told us about that prepares your picture for uploading to the embassy site. It did exactly what you suggested - changed the background to #FFFFFF - for 3RMB via Wechat. Annoyingly, when we were uploading our own picture the embassy always said there were several things wrong with the picture we uploaded, including that the skin color was too dark, DPI was wrong (despite there being no DPI requirement?), etc.

Someone else told us that if you renew within PRC then you don't go through that system at all.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

domhal posted:

including that the skin color was too dark
Talk about saying the quiet part out loud. :laffo:

dildo sample pack
Nov 27, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Uh I live in the U.S. and got fired from my call center job in August. Now I'm applying for lots of jobs and I got an ad on Indeed from the EnglishFirst Teach in China folks! And I applied for a position with them.

So maybe I'll be going to China to try teaching English with EF?

Um, I visited Thailand in 2014 and tried teaching English there and it didn't work out so well. But I got a CELTA certificate in 2013 and also have two master's degrees.

Visiting China seems like a groovy idea to me so maybe I will end up going there! Or maybe I will just end up getting another job in the U.S. and not going to China to teach English. It's an entertaining thought anyway. I did have lots and lots of fun while I was in Thailand and Cambodia.

Xi Jinping seems like a great guy! I'm a huge fan!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

If you have two master's degrees you can get a real teaching job instead of a lovely cram school like EF, if you want to go to China for some reason.

Trammel
Dec 31, 2007
China lawyers explain, in a lot of detail, why taking a teaching job in China is a bad idea now

A real lawyer posted:

If you are thinking about taking a job teaching English in China, my strong advice to you is DON’T DO IT. Just don’t. Look for such a job in Vietnam or Thailand or Japan or Spain or the Czech Republic or really just about anywhere else in the world. I say this because teaching English in China has become that corrupt, that horrible, that exploitive, and that risky.

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
I worked in call center for more years than I would like to admit. Good luck buddy.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

reading this it seems the same as it was in 2009 when i taught english at a cram school, with the added fun of now the police randomly go to bars and drug test all foreign males.

the bigger thing is like someone else said with those credentials you could get a much more lucrative and secure job at an international school.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
There's also always Taiwan.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

dildo sample pack posted:

Uh I live in the U.S. and got fired from my call center job in August. Now I'm applying for lots of jobs and I got an ad on Indeed from the EnglishFirst Teach in China folks! And I applied for a position with them.

So maybe I'll be going to China to try teaching English with EF?

Um, I visited Thailand in 2014 and tried teaching English there and it didn't work out so well. But I got a CELTA certificate in 2013 and also have two master's degrees.

Visiting China seems like a groovy idea to me so maybe I will end up going there! Or maybe I will just end up getting another job in the U.S. and not going to China to teach English. It's an entertaining thought anyway. I did have lots and lots of fun while I was in Thailand and Cambodia.

Xi Jinping seems like a great guy! I'm a huge fan!

If you’re interested in English teaching, which is very likely a nicer job than call centers at any rate, you can try looking all over. Korea, Japan, Taiwan, etc.

Quite possibly more opportunities to spin things in a good direction with two Masters than you’ll get in the US for the time being.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Important thing is if you actually have a master's there is zero reason for you to be looking at poo poo bottom cram school gigs in any country. It doesn't matter what subject it's in, though if you can spin it into teaching math or science you got it made. You can easily find something paying twice as much or more and probably with less abusive management regardless, with those fields schools in China will be willing to pay significantly better since they're hard to find. My school paid the math teacher double what anyone else got and he had a fake degree and barely spoke English.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Do good, mate

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I'm headed to Hong Kong next month. Should I stay at the Ritz Carlton or the JW Marriott?

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

If you're a rich businessman looking to be spirited off to the mainland in the dead of night I believe the Four Seasons is the go to choice.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

JaySB posted:

I'm headed to Hong Kong next month. Should I stay at the Ritz Carlton or the JW Marriott?

The Ritz is a cooler hotel but it's on the Kowloon side. If you're doing stuff in Central or Admiralty you might want to stay at the Marriott.

Are you gonna be there a while? I'm in Hong Kong for a little more than a week next month too let's hang out.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Bloodnose posted:

The Ritz is a cooler hotel but it's on the Kowloon side. If you're doing stuff in Central or Admiralty you might want to stay at the Marriott.

Are you gonna be there a while? I'm in Hong Kong for a little more than a week next month too let's hang out.

I'll be there for 4 days for a friends 40th birthday. All the events are planned out and I think everything is going to be in Central area but not too sure.

Message me the dates you're there, if we're there the same time and if I have free time I'm happy to meet up.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
I'm there October 16-23, I'll just post here for the benefit of all goons. With the loss of caberham (עליו השלום) we no longer have the strongest force for Hong Kong (honestly, all of Asia) goon hangouts so I gotta do what I can to pick up some slack.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Is caberham Jewish or something?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Bloodnose posted:

I'm there October 16-23, I'll just post here for the benefit of all goons.

Ah, I'll be in Bali by then.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bloodnose posted:

I'm there October 16-23, I'll just post here for the benefit of all goons. With the loss of caberham (עליו השלום) we no longer have the strongest force for Hong Kong (honestly, all of Asia) goon hangouts so I gotta do what I can to pick up some slack.

caberham is still there, mate

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe

caberham is still there, mate

Holy poo poo what I didn't know where the guy I'm going to visit was!!

I mean he's not in these spaces organizing meetups anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

There's also always Taiwan.

You are so far away from the good hiring season now that doing a poo poo job there and trying after Chinese New Year would be better. We started looking for next school year's hires in Feb/March, and I was told two year ago that is considered late.