Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Borrovan posted:

God the loving casting for Death though.

show all over - style is perfect, substance is lacking. pitch perfect casting while stripping all the ambiguity and sympathy from, leaving him a pan to villain.

they also totally ruined the queen joke- presumably they had to cut the fact everyone was super sick of queen at the time and crowley hated them to get the licensing lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, there’s a discussion going on now on the best way to address this dumb oversight on our part, stay tuned for more information soon!

I usually say don't bother on my account, but inclusivity is praxis so I'll just say thanks! :shobon:

I think what most podcasts (that bother to do anything) do is get an automated transcript from the audio and then get someone to read it over and correct glaring errors (maybe even format it nicely if you're lucky).

I doubt there are enough deaf people interested in podcasts to make this worthwhile other than as a lovely gesture of inclusivity, but if there are transcripts produced I will def be reading them!

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Sep 12, 2019

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Rarity posted:

Conservatives: loving somebody who is rich and famous
UKIP: All the results of sex without having to do any of the work
Lib Dems: A whole bunch of fetishising people for their identities
Labour: Normal poo poo
Conservatives: starting to say "sex with children", but then remembering themselves halfway through and swapping in the first thing that comes into their heads

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Maugrim posted:

I usually say don't bother on my account, but inclusivity is praxis so I'll just say thanks!

I think what most podcasts (that bother to do anything) do is get an automated transcript from the audio and then get someone to read it over and correct glaring errors (maybe even format it nicely if you're lucky).

I doubt there are enough deaf people interested in podcasts to make this worthwhile other than as a lovely gesture of inclusivity, but if there are transcripts produced I will def be reading them!

If even just one person gets the benefit from it then it’ll be worth it :)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Fantasy: Sex, having.

Sarah Bellum
Oct 21, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

Norn Iron court finds prorogation lawful https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/12/northern-irish-judges-rule-boris-johnson-prorogation-is-lawful

Not lookin' good for Tuesday's ruling (not that it was likely to pass anyway), but at least blowjo gets a week of being accused of misleading the sovereign

I see this hasn't been corrected in the thread as yet, although it has been in the Guardian - the court actually ruled on whether ND undermines the GFA, not on prorogation.

ShadowSpectre
Oct 6, 2016

Failed Imagineer posted:

https://twitter.com/TyronWilson/status/1172117786744762368?s=19

Tag urself I'm "having sex with a sports star" - although I read "sports car" first and didn't bat an eyelid

what's up with the one with such low prospects in life that "wearing a sexy outfit" is an unobtainable fantasy

also ukip supporters cant cum, pass it on

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Wearing sexy outfits

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also very unhappy that labour did not report having sex while the revolution happens. Having sex on/with the means of production, having sex on top of a big pile of dead bourg.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

ShadowSpectre posted:

Whites out has famously not been their mantra

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

wtf Jez buys the Sun sorry guys I'm out, gonna go be an investment banker or a cop or some poo poo

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Borrovan posted:

wtf Jez buys the Sun sorry guys I'm out, gonna go be an investment banker or a cop or some poo poo

So you’re saying you want to read the sun

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

All this party fetish talk and no mention of CUKs, for shame.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Sarah Bellum posted:

I see this hasn't been corrected in the thread as yet, although it has been in the Guardian - the court actually ruled on whether ND undermines the GFA, not on prorogation.

Oh I thought it was asking to cancel prorogation to protect the BA/GFA.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

aw yeah labour all up in that NTR

The Labour splitters forming CUK suddenly takes on a whole new layer.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Sanitary Naptime posted:

So you’re saying you want to read the sun
gently caress there's no way out is there

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Diet Crack posted:

All this party fetish talk and no mention of CUKs, for shame.

We're talking about parties not the flailing ashes of people who have set themselves on fire

Maugrim posted:

I usually say don't bother on my account, but inclusivity is praxis so I'll just say thanks! :shobon:

This is what I'm looking into. I've found a free audio transcriber but right now Podbean isn't letting me download the episode so I'm stuck at an impasse!

Sarah Bellum
Oct 21, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

Oh I thought it was asking to cancel prorogation to protect the BA/GFA.

I think it did say that to begin with, the Guardian misreported and then corrected themselves.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Borrovan posted:

Maybe the shop was out of Charmin Ultra.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
I can only assume no one in this thread was polled as that tweet doesn't mention CBT

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

I can't wait to do an episode with VG! :D We should totally do something about the horrific capitalist abuses in the video game industry/toxic gamer culture

:swoon: Yes! I can talk about a little of that too!

Borrovan posted:

I heard he buys it to frame the ridiculous front covers they make of him. A bit like Harry in Kingsmen.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Sarah Bellum posted:

I think it did say that to begin with, the Guardian misreported and then corrected themselves.

I've been misled by the fake news media. :argh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

xtothez posted:

I can only assume no one in this thread was polled as that tweet doesn't mention CBT

Don't think that many people in this thread have a motorbike kink mate

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

“He said: “(I was talking yesterday) about building a bridge from Stranraer in Scotland to Larne in Northern Ireland - that would be very good.

“It would only cost about £15bn.”

He was explaining this to children which is pretty apt considering he’s ignoring engineers who have already said this is dumb as gently caress and not feasible.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Diet Crack posted:

“He said: “(I was talking yesterday) about building a bridge from Stranraer in Scotland to Larne in Northern Ireland - that would be very good.

“It would only cost about £15bn.”

He was explaining this to children which is pretty apt considering he’s ignoring engineers who have already said this is dumb as gently caress and not feasible.

I heard Mexico will pay for it.

Sarah Bellum
Oct 21, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

Maybe the shop was out of Charmin Ultra.

Black Swan point 15 [redacted]:

Return of Izal

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

ShadowSpectre posted:

what's up with the one with such low prospects in life that "wearing a sexy outfit" is an unobtainable fantasy

It's commodity fetishism. Liberals, on the other hand only fetishizes individual identities.

e: conservatives see sex exclusively through the lens status and hierarchy. UKIP folks are wankers.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Tesseraction posted:

I heard Mexico will pay for it.

Finally, a solution to the backstop!

E: lol I was only kidding Arlene, Jesus loving Christ...

“The DUP - who prop up his minority government - support proposals for a bridge which they hope could bring economic benefits to Northern Ireland and Scotland, but it has also been touted as a potential solution to the controversial backstop”

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

VideoGames posted:

I heard he buys it to frame the ridiculous front covers they make of him. A bit like Harry in Kingsmen.

This sounds familiar actually. That he buys it whenever it calls him a oval office on the front cover so he can frame it.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Rarity posted:

Don't think that many people in this thread have a motorbike kink mate

Twisto is definitely all about that

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Sarah Bellum posted:

Black Swan point 15 [redacted]:

Return of Izal

Oh that's what that arse destroying hell paper was.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I had a dodgy batch of andrex the other week that comes in half when you use it, so you get half of it stuck to your arse and the other half in your hand. And that's why I voted brexit.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/patrickkmaguire/status/1172092042706640896?s=21

This is interesting.

Sarah Bellum
Oct 21, 2008
Will bleeding out their arseholes make the public more of less likely to riot?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Bleaching for all is the only answer

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Nosfereefer posted:

e: conservatives see sex exclusively through the lens status and hierarchy. UKIP folks are wankers.
I lolled

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
A couple people in the thread recommended Lindsay Ellis as a person talking about films so I watched her Hobbit trilogy last night and it was OK, if a bit long, for the first two episodes. Then the third episode mostly departs from talking about the movies themselves and turns into a documentary about Warner getting New Zealand to change their labour laws to crush a union and better exploit actors and film crew. That part was really good: fascinating and enraging and something I'd not previously heard anything about. So thanks!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

big scary monsters posted:

A couple people in the thread recommended Lindsay Ellis as a person talking about films so I watched her Hobbit trilogy last night and it was OK, if a bit long, for the first two episodes. Then the third episode mostly departs from talking about the movies themselves and turns into a documentary about Warner getting New Zealand to change their labour laws to crush a union and better exploit actors and film crew. That part was really good: fascinating and enraging and something I'd not previously heard anything about. So thanks!

Yeah this part is a very good documentary on the shady anti-union things the NZ government got up to. In fact, it's so good I'm going to link it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi7t_g5QObs

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

CoolCab posted:

show all over - style is perfect, substance is lacking. pitch perfect casting while stripping all the ambiguity and sympathy from, leaving him a pan to villain.

they also totally ruined the queen joke- presumably they had to cut the fact everyone was super sick of queen at the time and crowley hated them to get the licensing lol

I think they did definitely succeed at the target of 'Terry would have been happy with the outcome' though, which seems to have been consistent through the cast and Neil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

big scary monsters posted:

Yeah, that's the bit where 'good film crit' diverges into 'actual lefty content' and it's really interesting and sad and disturbing.