Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bowsette?
This poll is closed.
Yes 70 39.11%
no 28 15.64%
maybe? 15 8.38%
Yes I'm phoning this one in. 66 36.87%
Total: 179 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Dewgy posted:

Isn't this the fishing platformer game? I don't remember it being so... chesty.

They sexualize her more every game. It's like obscure Japanese physics platformer Cortana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

"I’ve struggled to figure out how to do that" Maybe don't put pro alt-right / nazi propaganda in your videos and have the tone be that of support for those views? This seems to be an extremely difficult concept for white men who are Youtube superstars though.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Rich dudes always think a big charity donation automatically cancels out anything bad they've ever done like it's a catholic confession.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So either he learnt about the ADL’s stance on Israel, or he’s an antisemite... I don’t know which!!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i know there's a good dril quote for nearly everything and all but it is pretty amazing how spot on this one is in this circumstance

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dril use to be a goon, right?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

people in this thread keep ragging on jason schreier for being some sort of smug dick but he consistently seems to be the only person attempting to perform the "journalism" part of "games journalism", especially considering he works for loving kotaku of all places
he's both good at journalism and a smug dick, it's important to separate work from person sometimes

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

I said come in! posted:

Everyone has been a goon at some point or another in their lives.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I've never been a goon

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Relax Or DIE posted:

I've never been a goon

liar

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

a long time ago, dril posted a bunch of avatars for the seinfeld thread and most of them were a pic of Jerry Stiller's character wearing winter clothes, which got him a three-day or one-week probation. he also used to go by DrunkMagikoopa on Newgrounds. i liked his animations in high school. i guess you could say i was on the ground floor of the dril appreciation club

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Sep 12, 2019

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I said come in! posted:

i think so but the influence of the pink forum on internet culture in the oughts has been spread so far and wide at this point it's difficult to tell

i want to say thebibandit (utilitylimb) was as well as tree_bro but one's account got abandoned years and years ago and the other guy died of a heroin overdose years and years before that

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I thought I heard that Cave Story has been essentially stolen by Nicalis from Pixel at this point? Course this is hearsay on Twitter. so I am not sure how much stock I put in this, even if the company is mismanaged and its owner is a racist prick.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also ingwit on the twitter is not the ingwit from the forums but an imposter from what i remember

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

I've never been a goon

It's not healthy to pretend you're not a goon.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Unlucky7 posted:

I thought I heard that Cave Story has been essentially stolen by Nicalis from Pixel at this point? Course this is hearsay on Twitter. so I am not sure how much stock I put in this, even if the company is mismanaged and its owner is a racist prick.

that was the scuttlebutt that's been going around for a while at this point but unfortunately since it wasn't addressed in the article it remains Simply Scuttlebutt (mods name change plz)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I've been a goon since day 1, and later on I got a forums account

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Unlucky7 posted:

It's basically been an open secret among indie dev circles forever that Nicalis hosed over Pixel.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I'm almost finished super mario world, just on world 7, its been brilliant and if I had played this without rewind id have had a hard time but what a, great game even now.

After this gonna move on to super metroid or Zelda, whichever came out first, snes man, what a system

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
There's a little goon inside all of you right now.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Saying "I wasn't trying to clear my name, just an opportunity put these alt-right claims behind me" is already a contradiction. That is clearing your name.
Phrasing it that way is really couching the language to make it seem like the accusations were absurd.

Also isn't he worth millions? 50k seems like chump change for him. Ugh the whole streamer / influencer economy is so weird.

Hey Pewdie maybe your streamers are assuming that you're being blackmailed not because the charity is bad but because the people who started watching you for anti semitic jokes are anti semitic!

Dewgy posted:

gently caress. :swoon:

I love the uhhh polygons :)

JollyBoyJohn posted:

snes man, what a system

Amen to that

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I'm almost finished super mario world, just on world 7, its been brilliant and if I had played this without rewind id have had a hard time but what a, great game even now.

After this gonna move on to super metroid or Zelda, whichever came out first, snes man, what a system
Zelda came out first, it's very good, it made 2D Zeldas what they are today, go play it next. also you haven't even gotten through the secret world levels beyond Star Road, have you?

and they haven't even put Donkey Kong Country 1-3, Earthbound, or SMRPG on yet

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Nicalis has always been lovely but managed to get their hands on a few successful indie IPs so they've just been slowly trucking on, still being terrible and trying squeeze the IPs (especially Cave Story and Isaac) for all their worth.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Oh man if they put killer instinct on snesflix

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
put illusion of Gaia on snesflix cowards

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Cowcaster posted:

i think so but the influence of the pink forum on internet culture in the oughts has been spread so far and wide at this point it's difficult to tell

i want to say thebibandit (utilitylimb) was as well as tree_bro but one's account got abandoned years and years ago and the other guy died of a heroin overdose years and years before that

bandit's tweets were so good

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I still think Donkey Kong Country’s graphics look great

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jay Rust posted:

Yeah, and I also love Mario RPG and didn't realize its graphics were hated by some. I also think Donkey Kong Country still looks pretty good for a SNES game too.

But I also love Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island, and I can totally understand why Miyamoto didn't like the CG look and preferred something more painterly or artistic, and SMW2 looks amazing to this day.

The biggest complaint I have about DKC's graphics is that having more detailed models makes platforming a bit less precise. Mega-man being just a block of pixels makes it real easy to know exactly how far you can jump or walk before you fall off. But with rounded, detailed models, that's much more subtle.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Love the part where you can piece together devs getting whole publishing deals ghosted because they're too busy with another bad Cave Story rerelease.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

it's pretty drat impressive for the SNES, i like them more than SMRPG's

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Jay Rust posted:

The art direction in especially the second game still pops a lot. I know people like the Retro games but they just feel so...sterile by comparison.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

btw i'm not saying SMRPG's graphics are bad, but they're weird. lovely facial expressions though

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

get that OUT of my face posted:

Zelda came out first, it's very good, it made 2D Zeldas what they are today, go play it next. also you haven't even gotten through the secret world levels beyond Star Road, have you?

I did accidentally open a star road path that took me to the last level but it wouldn't have been right so I'm taking the long way round.

Gonna be great to finally sit and play Zelda and metroid on a proper console

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

njsykora posted:

Rich dudes always think a big charity donation automatically cancels out anything bad they've ever done like it's a catholic confession.

LOL considering what else is in the news, this is also a hell of a week for dirtbags to try to donate their way out of the terrible poo poo they've done

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm not getting one, but reading that the Genesis Mini contains different Roms for every region, so certain games will change depending on what you set the console too is the type of love I would look for in these types of things. It even makes a noticeable difference in some games like the JP version of Sonic having more effects, Hard Corps being easier and Mean Bean Machine being Puyo Puyo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think I’m going to play the DKC 1 & 2 soundtrack when I get home.

I don’t think I’ve ever played 3, does it hold up?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

three is good but there's a ton of gimmick levels

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Cowcaster posted:

i know there's a good dril quote for nearly everything and all but it is pretty amazing how spot on this one is in this circumstance

I tried to find Nick Mullen making basically the same tweet but couldn't find it lol.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

I think I’m going to play the DKC 1 & 2 soundtrack when I get home.

I don’t think I’ve ever played 3, does it hold up?

Yes and no?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCAUcOzHBYw

2 is definitely the best by far. 1 is a little simpler (but I love it for nostalgia). 3 has new ideas but some of them really don't work, and it can be too hard.

Its definitely worth playing at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

njsykora posted:

they're called indulgences dummy