Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

Powered Descent posted:

Somewhere in the Northwest Angle of Minnesota, or in Point Roberts, Washington, someone is cackling and shouting "Welcome to my world! Enjoy going through immigration to get to the grocery store!"

Wow someone else who knows about Pt Roberts. most Washingtonians don't even know about that place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within

Ugato posted:

you have an inflated opinion of Tennessee. and probably wv too but I’m not from there.

i'm from tennessee and the fact that we have dolly alone means we are more qualified to run it than anyone in kentucky.

would still vote to burn it down though, it's a hellstate.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Shaffness posted:

Wow someone else who knows about Pt Roberts. most Washingtonians don't even know about that place.

Never been there; I just ran across it on a Wikipedia binge about border oddities. :)

e: I didn't actually remember its name so I googled "that place in puget sound that's america but you have to go through canada to get there" and it came right up.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Serf posted:

i wonder who will end up owning their land. weird how that always seems to be the giant agricorps

Why is it so loving hard for people to see this? The destruction of small farming doesn't matter to agribuisness, which is what the right actually means when they say "farmers." Every parcel of land that used to belong to a family being owned by an international business that's just vertically integrating their supply chain isn't a bug, it's a loving feature of these policies. Why won't people just stand up for themselves?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

if enough small farmers get crushed and absorbed you can just nationalize the agrocorps. now instead of going after farmer hickass your fighting a massive business interest,much better optics

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Grondoth posted:

Why is it so loving hard for people to see this? The destruction of small farming doesn't matter to agribuisness, which is what the right actually means when they say "farmers." Every parcel of land that used to belong to a family being owned by an international business that's just vertically integrating their supply chain isn't a bug, it's a loving feature of these policies. Why won't people just stand up for themselves?

because brown people

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Grondoth posted:

because if a good thing happens to me but it also happens to a brown person, then somehow i got screwed!

i would rather create a living hell for myself if it reduces the chance of a nice thing happening to a brown person

Serf
May 5, 2011

Grondoth posted:

to give you a serious answer: because no one is offering an alternative. the neoliberal order is fine with agricorps swallowing up small farmers, because that's what the market has decided is best. and no one is offering them anything else. so what should they do, other than succumb?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Serf posted:

to give you a serious answer: because no one is offering an alternative. the neoliberal order is fine with agricorps swallowing up small farmers, because that's what the market has decided is best. and no one is offering them anything else. so what should they do, other than succumb?

re-register as a democrat and vote for bernie is what they should do

Serf
May 5, 2011

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

re-register as a democrat and vote for bernie is what they should do

while i mostly agree, there's no one running for local office that is echoing bernie. and people out in the sticks really care about local elections

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Serf posted:

while i mostly agree, there's no one running for local office that is echoing bernie. and people out in the sticks really care about local elections

we need more Posadists running at the local level in rural areas, I'd be willing to bet it's a more appealing pitch to rural voters than either chud or lib ones

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
tbf with climate change and the certainty of massive crop failures the only solution is collective farming

policies directly impacting small farmers is bad but hastens the inevitable of indirect policies that create global warming and austerity/boom-bust cycle

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

How did FOX go on to explain why all this is really the fault of democrats in this piece?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

VitalSigns posted:

dying of diabetes to own the libs

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Agean90 posted:

if enough small farmers get crushed and absorbed you can just nationalize the agrocorps. now instead of going after farmer hickass your fighting a massive business interest,much better optics

and big business in the US has such a strong record of being nationalized, such as

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
hey, you only need to win once

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/stat...ingawful.com%2F

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Requesting thread change to reflect the Trump voters realizing that they're Not going to die of vaping-related health complications

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Agean90 posted:

until trump gets out of office

that's the more frustrating proposition for me - even when he does finally leave (assuming he does) it's not like all these god-awful people and their racism and general insanity are going to go back to pretending to be normal. that cat is out of the bag, and i almost feel like any serious opposition candidate needs to have an actual plan for how they plan to address the massive behemoth of racism and nazism that's necessarily going to still be around after trump is gone.

even if you could snap your fingers and completely remove him and every one of his cronies from a position of power, what the hell do you do with the 100 million racist shitbirds that have become out and loud about their harmful ideology?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

as soon as Trump is out of office everyone in media is going to work doubletime to rehabilitate the chuds and lecture us all that they are a valuable contribution to The Discourse with opinions as valid as anybody's and the real problem with the country is a crisis of civility, and most of the country is going to listen to them.

it's not like Republicans only started being Republicans in 2016, and most people were perfectly willing to accept their various ghoulish state regimes, the Bush administration, etc. until their figurehead started being rude to celebrities on TV; things are going to continue to get worse rapidly until someone manages to fundamentally change the nature of the game

this kind of poo poo will become as respectable and everyday as "if you don't like the Iraq War you're a traitor"
https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1171844540107493382

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 21:18 on Sep 11, 2019

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Freaking Crumbum posted:

that's the more frustrating proposition for me - even when he does finally leave (assuming he does) it's not like all these god-awful people and their racism and general insanity are going to go back to pretending to be normal. that cat is out of the bag, and i almost feel like any serious opposition candidate needs to have an actual plan for how they plan to address the massive behemoth of racism and nazism that's necessarily going to still be around after trump is gone.

even if you could snap your fingers and completely remove him and every one of his cronies from a position of power, what the hell do you do with the 100 million racist shitbirds that have become out and loud about their harmful ideology?

I highly doubt their children laid it out like that, this is probably just their way of interpreting being cut out of their lives. It's not because they're toxic lunatics determined to make everybody's life hell, it's because they're just upset that Trump won and once that's gone everything will be fine again

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Freaking Crumbum posted:

i seem to recall mao had some thoughts on changing the culture in a nation

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1171957284802629638?s=20

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Freaking Crumbum posted:

Dust them too

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Byzantine posted:

Dust them too

Perfect balance...

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

spoiler: they won't talk to you after, either

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > C-SPAM: Unintelligible Garbage for Insane People > Post Trump voters realizing that they're not going to die under Trump here, and getting real mad about that

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
imagine if your a single issue voter and it’s vaping

how sad

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
imagine if you’re a single issue voter and your issue is “pro-racism”

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
i'm the vaper's family super pissed that they won't have fat clouds of grape flavor hanging around the house anymore

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Militant Lesbian posted:

welcome to the GOP

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Militant Lesbian posted:

Still better than vaping IMO

At least racism can be justified by economic hardship if you're ignorant about causalities. Whats the argument for voting based on vaping?!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

The Mash posted:

At least racism can be justified by economic hardship if you're ignorant about causalities. Whats the argument for voting based on vaping?!

FREEDOM! :bahgawd:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

The Mash posted:

Being able to smoke in a non-smoking area and UM ACKTUALLY-ing your way out of it

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
I took in waaaaaay more nicotine ( and maybe did more damage to my lungs im hearing now?) using a juul then smoking cigarettes tbh. it’s so easy to just walk around puffing it all day since it doesn’t really smell or have a butt to throw away and it’s harder to ration your use

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

imagine if your a single issue voter and it’s vaping

how sad

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

I took in waaaaaay more nicotine ( and maybe did more damage to my lungs im hearing now?) using a juul then smoking cigarettes tbh. it’s so easy to just walk around puffing it all day since it doesn’t really smell or have a butt to throw away and it’s harder to ration your use

I remember thinking this exact thing when the first ones appeared on the market. How the gently caress were these ever legal?

Overnight Blaze
Mar 7, 2017

Heath posted:

I remember thinking this exact thing when the first ones appeared on the market. How the gently caress were these ever legal?

It's always been legal to chainsmoke or have a cigar, vapes just don't signal "you've consumed x amount of nicotine" like cigarettes do

edit: nicotine vapes aren't the dangerous ones either, 80% of cases are from thc vapes and it's probably a higher % because some people don't want to admit to drug use

Overnight Blaze has issued a correction as of 20:30 on Sep 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Vaping is dumb

Just get cancer you big babies