Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

professor metis posted:

lmao I found this one and the comments are great:

that lol is definitely a yes
For a long-rear end time as a teenager I had a problem with cleaning myself thoroughly- I'd do everything but I'd rush through it instead of taking my time and getting clean, because the lady I was seeing would lose her goddamn mind if I took more than ten minutes to shower. Clearly if I did, I wasn't interested in speaking with her! But she was allowed to disappear for hours at a time, naturally.

That's not the point of this; my point is, even at my worst, I still found the wherewithal to scrub myself. Dude has no excuse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Power Khan posted:

My partner impregnated my friend during our threesome.

Threesome Satan smiles up at this

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for still wearing my engagement ring of my deceased fiancé?

So I was with my late fiancé for 7 years. He was my high school sweetheart and first love. We dated for 5 and were engaged 2. He passed away about 2 months from our wedding day. I was devastated.

I continued to wear the engagement ring he gave me for 3 years on my left ring finger before I finally moved it to my left middle finger. I did this so it could still always be close to where it was suppose to be but because a lot of my family and friends said that it was a little strange because I was no longer actually engaged.

It took me another year to finally get back into dating. And almost as soon as I did I met a wonderful guy. He made me feel like maybe it was ok to be happy again. He reminded me of the person I use to be before losing my late fiancé.

So we have been dating for 3 years now and about a week ago he proposed. I was beyond happy and posted it to social media a few days after to let everyone know. I posted a picture of the ring my current fiancé gave me on my left ring finger and i was also wearing the engagement ring of my late fiancé on my middle finger just like I have always had.

An hour later my fiancé calls me and asks me why I’m still wearing the old ring and why I would post both on social media like that. He claims my old ring looks too dingy, small and cheap next to his ring and it just looks awful. I was very hurt and I tried to remind him what the ring meant to me and he got very angry. He told me I was engaged to him now and not my late fiancé and that I really need to show my loyalty to him and just take it off. I told him no and he said he thinks I need time to think about who is here for me right now.

Honestly I just thought his response was very cold and cruel. He’s never acted this way and I’m just beyond hurt but my friends and family all think I’m being silly. They think it’s just a ring and it needs to go... AITA for still wearing the ring?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for hanging reminder signs to my wife around the house?

We bought our first home together in May after years of renting and I want to take care of our investment. She's a bit of a slob, though. After talking to her twice about something, and her failing to stop the behavior, I hang up a small sign, typically a Post-It with tape:

Next to the toilet: Flush me when done or my bowl will stain
Next to the blender: Keep me upright or my bearings may seize
On the trashcan: Close my lid or I attract flies
On the kitchen sink: Run my disposal when discarding food or I clog
Next to cleaning supplies: Close us when done or we dry out
I do feel like a bit of a pedant when hanging these signs, as if I'm educating a child on how to take care of things. But if she needs these reminders, that's fine by me, they don't bother me, and I'm not being judgemental about her. Edit: clarity: I'm insulting myself here, not her.

She however has told me I'm being passive aggressive. To me there's nothing passive about it: in every case I had alread talked to her twice about the problem. Likewise there's nothing aggressive about it: I'm not angry and I don't think less of her, I simply want to solve a problem.

So which of us is the rear end in a top hat?

Edit: thanks for the responses, all.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

We bought our first home together in May after years of renting and I want to take care of our investment. She's a bit of a slob, though. After talking to her twice about something, and her failing to stop the behavior, I hang up a small sign, typically a Post-It with tape:

I do feel like a bit of a pedant when hanging these signs, as if I'm educating a child on how to take care of things. But if she needs these reminders, that's fine by me, they don't bother me, and I'm not being judgemental about her. Edit: clarity: I'm insulting myself here, not her.

She however has told me I'm being passive aggressive. To me there's nothing passive about it: in every case I had alread talked to her twice about the problem. Likewise there's nothing aggressive about it: I'm not angry and I don't think less of her, I simply want to solve a problem.

Burn your house down with both of you in it

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for still wearing my engagement ring of my deceased fiancé?
NTA, but at the risk of sounding callous, keeping the old engagement ring there might be hindering your moving on. The new guy is a dick for feeling threatened by the dead guy, but he's also not entirely wrong- at some point, you need to move on. That doesn't mean you forget them, but it's been seven years total. Have a special box made for the ring and put it on the dresser, or something.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Sep 14, 2019

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I can understand being a slob, but not flushing the toilet? Lol

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Power Khan posted:

there are folks who are powerfully committed to letting it mellow

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Paying $800 a month in rent to your parents for four years isn't having a spine lol

Ahh, this reminded me. I got my latest reddit account banned from AITA in this one - I don't think it's been posted, apologies if it was. I called the parents a bunch of horrible things in the comments until I got my posts all removed and banned. Many people had the loving balls to tell me that the parents had, in fact, earned this.

e: I am also banned from legaladvice because the mods are cops (literally, almost all of the mods of that sub are badge carrying LEO)

AITA for not wanting my in-laws to charge us rent

quote:

My (M24) wife (F25) and I have been living with her grandma for the last 2 years. Unfortunately, the last 6 months of those 2 years were spent watching her grandma die. She was a kind woman (to us) who lived alone in a great big house and was wealthy. Because she recognized her position in life (wealthy) relative to ours (poor and buried in student loan debt), she was kind enough to let us live with her rent free so we could start out our lives having paid down as much debt as possible. In return we helped out around the house and my wife helped out a lot with her medical aid when grandma got REALLY sick. Well, we took advantage of her generosity and got good jobs and paid down a huge portion of our debt since we had minimal living expenses.

Now that grandma has passed my MIL and FIL have inherited 50% of grandma’s financial empire + 100% of the house (home is already owned; no mortgage req’d) and this is in addition to their own wealth (upper class) that they already amassed. While assuring us that we can stay in the house and not to worry, 2 weeks later they hit us with “we’re going to charge $2500/month in rent”. We were really bothered by this. We of course had no problem paying yearly property tax and whatever expenses we directly caused (utilities, gardener, etc.). We love this home and we work hard to make sure it looks good and is welcoming. I was really upset when they asked us to pay rent at all. It feels like they get a marginal gain at a great expense to us and for the life of me I can’t figure out why a parent would do this to their daughter (and husband). Why in all their giant wealth do they want more and want it from their kid? My wife and I decided to just move out and go find our own place instead of living under their rule and rewarding what we believe is bad behavior. We told her parents that they have lost our trust and respect and that we felt really bothered by this. Are we the bad guys? AITA?

bus hustler fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Sep 14, 2019

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
One person's poop? Don't flush that hoop.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
In the thread the woman says passionate hugging is a euphemism for loving. That makes more sense.

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

charity rereg posted:

Many people had the loving balls to tell me that the parents had, in fact, earned this.

Sounds like the OP's parents found his thread.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

charity rereg posted:

AITA for not wanting my in-laws to charge us rent

Look at the guy who thinks he can live for free in a place he doesn't own.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

tactlessbastard posted:

Burn your house down with both of you in it

helpful post-it on the gas can: Barricade the doors or there may be survivors

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Three Olives posted:

I'm saying getting a trashy tattoo on a prominent part of your body is going to reflect on the image you present to society and your spouse is entitled to an opinion on that and how it relates to their mutual compatibility.

Like say he was a lawyer on the partnership track at a high-profile law firm and she decided that she wanted to drive a Sprinter Van printed in rainbow cow print with a giant cowbell on the hood and she showed up at the office one day to surprise him with lunch, do you think that would be OK?

oh my god you're so old and white and the things you thing of as scandalous (or even mattering) are really so loving harmless. oh no a colorful van!

this attitude has led us to live in a society with a buncha white supremacists and nazis, bc as long as they follow these dumb legitimacy politics and wear button-ups and khakis they're a-ok

goddamn this is so infuriatingly stupid, you fuckers are ruining the world, eat the rich

EDIT:

Araenna posted:

I know religious small town white girls who got forearm tattoos on their 18th birthdays.

Three Olives isn't saying tattoos aren't accepted among the general populous; he's saying that having a tattoo of this type is considered low-class to those 'that matter'. It's only acceptable for simple folks, not refined and cultured people. Especially if it's done from flash art. To get away with a tattoo in the upper classes, it's gotta be ones of those ones you pay an Instagram tattoo artist a buncha money to labor hours over. Then, in the right circles and careers (artist) it's ok bc it's a 'piece of art' and an outward expression of your creativity.

A lawyer having a wife displaying such a low-class indicator ("bad" tattoo) on her body in what is considered a more elite career would be a reflection on the husband and get people talking. Did he marry below how class? Why didn't he choose a more...'compatible' woman? Is something off with him? WHY ISN'T HE FITTING INTO HIS ROLE???

I grew up in this stuff and it's literally all of the worst parts of white boomer culture that need to die off, ugh, your values are terrible TO

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Sep 14, 2019

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Leon Einstein posted:

In the thread the woman says passionate hugging is a euphemism for loving. That makes more sense.

this is somehow worse than “sexy time”, you know that she talks about it in those words with her I guess affair partner

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

StrangersInTheNight posted:

oh my god you're so old and white and the things you thing of as scandalous (or even mattering) are really so loving harmless. oh no a colorful van!

this attitude has led us to live in a society with a buncha white supremacists and nazis, bc as long as they follow these dumb legitimacy politics and wear button-ups and khakis they're a-ok

goddamn this is so infuriatingly stupid, you fuckers are ruining the world, eat the rich

EDIT:

Three Olives isn't saying tattoos aren't accepted among the general populous; he's saying that having a tattoo of this type is considered low-class to those 'that matter'. It's only acceptable for simple folks, not refined and cultured people. Especially if it's done from flash art. To get away with a tattoo in the upper classes, it's gotta be ones of those ones you pay an Instagram tattoo artist a buncha money to labor hours over. Then, in the right circles and careers (artist) it's ok bc it's a 'piece of art' and an outward expression of your creativity.

A lawyer having a wife displaying such a low-class indicator ("bad" tattoo) on her body in what is considered a more elite career would be a reflection on the husband and get people talking.

I grew up in this stuff and it's literally all of the worst parts of white boomer culture that need to die off, ugh, your values are terrible TO

nazis seem to be big fans of tattoos to me so I don't know what being down on the concept has to do with supporting white supremacy

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
AITA for kicking out the mother of my deceased husband out of the house she gave us?

u/housewifesit87 posted:

So my husband (would be 37 now) and me (35) have been married for 10 years before he passed away. During this time his mother decided to "give" her house to us (she changed the property owner from herself to my late husband legally), but she still lived with us. I did not want to live with his mother, but the house was big and my husband said its better than renting a small appartment in the city when we have kids.

She was nosy when we all lived together and I just did not want to spend my time with her, because she kept trying to insert herself in our marriage. We were trying for a child, but my husband passed away in an accident before I could get pregnant. I was devastated and still am. After this it was only us two, but I could not stand having her around. I did not want her to be in my company, she made me sadder and made me angry when she wanted to just sit and remember him all day while I was trying my hardest to work and move on.

I inherited the house after my husband died, legally it is mine and his mother gave it to us, so despite living with us it was no longer hers. I told her I want her to move out, because living with her stresses me out. She said she has no family left (her daughter died before I met my husband) and she cant work. I told her she can go to an elderly home, but she refused.

I was still grieving and frustrated, so I packed her essentials and left them in front of the door one day when she went shopping and refused to let her in. She took her stuff and left. I heard that she is staying with a friend of hers so I think its not that bad, since her friend is a widow and has an empty house. It is a better situation for her than living with me. However some of the people that know her despise me and I have been getting ugly letters in the mail ever since and I am starting to feel guilty. AITA?

Haha wow

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

cock hero flux posted:

nazis seem to be big fans of tattoos to me so I don't know what being down on the concept has to do with supporting white supremacy

The difference is :decorum:

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
I was going to say that the passionate hugging was an euphemism for loving.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

cock hero flux posted:

the legitimacy politics of upper class white culture are also the very same legitimacy politics of white supremacy. there's a lot of reasons for this, but mostly it comes down to 'we will allow monstrosity as long as it is couched in politeness'.

So for example:

My father is a white supremacist but denies it. An upper class white man who grew up in the South during Civil Rights, he thinks that the Civil Rights activists were the 'real bullies'. He was openly racist when we were kids but since the 90s or so denies this and claims he 'doesn't see race'.

My older sister, his daughter, became a skinhead neo-nazi in the late 80s/early 90s

Their values were still the same. My father was more ashamed of her displaying her punkish/skinhead nature and being so overt about the very racist values he had instilled in her because it bucked off her class expectations to openly display these beliefs

A Good White Person politely denies racism, doncha know. Being so polite is what Makes Us Better.

gently caress no it makes us the literal worst, unable to be self-aware or self-critical because we're convinced we're ok bc our behavior is ticking boxes

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Sep 14, 2019

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

Power Khan posted:

Kind of a popular armchair comment these days but I wouldn't be surprised if she has an executive function condition. I know a few people who don't outwardly make you think "ADHD" but when they are unmedicated they actually behave a lot like this. ADHD people have trouble doing the final steps of a task and make a lot of seemingly "careless" mistakes. It presents very differently in women and basically never gets diagnosed in childhood.

Basically if the person is generally a good, not lovely person and they don't correct after 2-3 reminders you should start looking into reasons why instead of assuming they are just lazy/disrespectful. Reminders would help, but those post it notes suck and are condescending. My own journey with ADHD has involved a lot of getting over internalized scolding for screwing up. But a diagnosis isn't an excuse, there are things i still struggle with and others I have nice systems for dealing with now.

bus hustler fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Sep 14, 2019

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

cock hero flux posted:

Wow I didn't know this I guess me and every rapper ever are just hosed

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Did my (32m) wife (26f) go over board with wedding photos or am I overreacting?

quote:

Got married a few months ago. Been together for a while. She’s an only child so her parents went far and above with the wedding. Loved it overall.

Cutting to the chase... we recently got our wedding proofs. Going through them my wife did a lot of “getting ready” shots. Basically, from fully naked to dressed. Her mom and her best friend are there with her which is fine.

But, the photographer was a guy and his assistant was a guy. Both of whom were there with her taking these “intimate” photos.

She says he’s a professional. I agree. But I still feel weird that two guys saw my wife naked on our wedding day. She says well “it’s over just let it go”. But it’s hard for me to do so?

Am I over reacting or should I just let it go?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Malachite_Dragon posted:

NTA, but at the risk of sounding callous, keeping the old engagement ring there might be hindering your moving on. The new guy is a dick for feeling threatened by the dead guy, but he's also not entirely wrong- at some point, you need to move on. That doesn't mean you forget them, but it's been seven years total. Have a special box made for the ring and put it on the dresser, or something.

yea I have a friend who went through a similar thing. Very much not the rear end in a top hat and thankfully her partner was never 'threatened' by a dead dude but there was a point where he and a few of us basically had to go 'maybe it's time to put him behind you and put the ring away?' It's rough to ever tell someone you care for 'hey maybe it's time to stop mourning this person you love' but sometimes people need that kick to realize how long they've been wallowing.

Koalas March posted:

Wow I didn't know this I guess me and every rapper ever are just hosed

can't believe Lil Wayne joined the Aryan Brotherhood

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

sexpig by night posted:

yea I have a friend who went through a similar thing. Very much not the rear end in a top hat and thankfully her partner was never 'threatened' by a dead dude but there was a point where he and a few of us basically had to go 'maybe it's time to put him behind you and put the ring away?' It's rough to ever tell someone you care for 'hey maybe it's time to stop mourning this person you love' but sometimes people need that kick to realize how long they've been wallowing.

I'm getting some unreliable narrator vibes here, she probably overdid it with her public grieving and wallowing on FB and the dude flipped eventually.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Dancer posted:

lol what the gently caress who takes naked wedding photos

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Power Khan posted:

I just found out tonight that my (22F) bf (22M) does not fully wash himself when he showers
tldr; my bf only washes his hair and nothing else when he showers and I'm turned off by him now.

I don't know how to handle this and would really like some help or advice. For some backstory, we have been together for a year and a half however, we do not live together. Tonight we had his house to ourselves and we thought it would be fun to shower together. So without sharing tmi we were messing around in the shower but he did need to actually shower, I just joined him to have fun since I took a shower this morning. Basically his "shower" is him washing his hair and that's it... he said he was done and began to step out. I playfully asked "aren't you going to wash your body?" and his reply was "the water gets it". I thought he was kidding around but no, he actually never washes his body with soap! He told me he never does. This really floored me, I guess I let my emotions show and he asked what was wrong, I tried to play it off but he ended up mad at me for judging him for not washing. We didn't really talk for the rest of our time together. I don't know what to do or how to handle this, I was totally turned off by this information. I couldn't even finish what we had started in the shower. I love him but I'm so grossed out by him now. What should I do?? How do I move on from this? Do a lot of guys do this?

this post finally convinced me. we need to teach showering and wiping your rear end in school parents are to stupid to do it themselves.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
god, everyone knows you’re supposed to do the naked photos with panties on!

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Is bedwetting an acceptable reason to end a relationship?

quote:

I (26m) have been dating (22f) her for 8 months and she has managed to soak my bed 25 times over this relationship. It has got to the point where it ruins my sleep, the next day, and frankly my performance at work.

I’ve explained a few times how much this affects me but she doesn’t let it bother her much.

What should I do? Is it childish of me to let her go?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Pinecone Sample posted:

Watch as it turns out to be the most roundabout way for her to fulfill her piss fetish

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

snergle posted:

this post finally convinced me. we need to teach showering and wiping your rear end in school parents are to stupid to do it themselves.

Agreed. There was a thing on TV here a while ago, one of those programs where people go to see a doctor about a weird issues, and this guy was all smug about how he thought his dick was getting bigger.

Nope, turns out he actually never washed it properly and had some building up of stuff there.

:stonk:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Dancer posted:

You make it sound like your objection is just that she did it on the day it the wedding. But you can't take naked bridal photos any other day, smart guy!

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for agreeing to have someone else’s baby for them without asking boyfriend?

The more you read, the more terrible you feel for the boyfriend.

What?! No. Boyfriend is a moron and absolutely doesn’t get a say in this at all. gently caress the boyfriend.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pinecone Sample posted:

that's about once a week. I wonder if the buried lede here is that she is an alcoholic and she's coming home on friday night so plastered that she pisses the bed

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
It's also an acceptable way to end a relationship.

It's called a Dear John letter.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Taima posted:

The real tell is that nice restaurants make you pay for the meal when you make the res. If he was anything approaching the type of foodie he’s portraying himself as, he would know that and use it to reinforce his argument that they still need to eat at the fancier spot, as otherwise he would lose the price of the meal.

He also used the word gourmet which is one of those trap words that people use to determine if you’re lower status (which is a whole different topic altogether)

Conclusion: fake post

That’s merely a new trend in order to not lose money on cancellations, not a mark of quality.

The stars they’re referring to aren’t Michelin, many other rating systems function on a five star range as hotels often are.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
I woke up to a knife at my testicles

This morning I awoke with a knife pressed against my scrotum.

The girl I have been dating for three weeks now slept over for the first time.

Since meeting her she warned me that if I ever cheat on her she will slice off my balls and that if I leave her she will kill me. I honestly thought she was joking because she giggled after that and said “my god ease up!”

Same this as this morning. When I panic and started sweating and begged her not to do anything she laughed and brought the knife down and said “look at your face! I had you! Hahaha”

I don’t know if this was a joke or not but if so WTF?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

What?! No. Boyfriend is a moron and absolutely doesn’t get a say in this at all. gently caress the boyfriend.

I mean, he doesn't but you should probably give someone a heads up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Three Olives posted:

I'm saying getting a trashy tattoo on a prominent part of your body is going to reflect on the image you present to society and your spouse is entitled to an opinion on that and how it relates to their mutual compatibility.

Like say he was a lawyer on the partnership track at a high-profile law firm and she decided that she wanted to drive a Sprinter Van printed in rainbow cow print with a giant cowbell on the hood and she showed up at the office one day to surprise him with lunch, do you think that would be OK?

So honest question because this is a world I don’t interact with very much: what’s worse for a male lawyer at a high-profile firm these days, being married to a woman with a tattoo or weird fashion sense, or being married to another man?