Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Guavanaut posted:

I've traveled round this country
From Nevis down to Fen
It really made me wonder
The things I seen and ken.

I saw the weary teacher
Making food and washing clothes
Because the kids are broke and hungry
And the school, it's nearly closed

But the Queen's toilet's been stolen
It's her solid golden throne
And if the teachers took the Crown back
Then that gold could be our own

I saw the sailor sighing
His fishing quota sold
But the papers love the Tories
So instead he blames the Poles

And if the sailors took the Crown back

I saw the weary miner
Forty years he dug for coal
But the last deep pit's been closed off
And he's sanctioned from the dole

And if the miners took the Crown back

I've seen my comrades working
Throughout this mighty land
I prayed we'd get together
And together make a stand

Then we'd own those royal buildings
With their toilets made of gold
And we'd share the Crown as People
A common treasure in freehold

:discourse:

Saith posted:

But without the Astronomicon, how are we meamt to maintain the Empire?

Also :lol:

quote:

On Friday, Jo Swinson, the leader of the Lib Dems, said she would not support a Jeremy Corbyn-led Labour government. But [Deputy Leader Ed] Davey said that in the event of a hung parliament his party would be willing to back Labour’s call for a second referendum, or any other policies that match those in a Lib Dem manifesto.

Davey said the party would be willing to work with the Conservatives again. “Let’s remember we had a coalition with [the Tories],” he said.

Libdems longing so badly to be Tory enablers, once again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Ms Adequate posted:

Hi, sorry, I know we've moved on a bit but this topic is far too vitally and perenially important to the national health and common good of all mankind to be allowed to let lie;

What are you lunatics talking about? The contest is and has always been between Roast Beef and Pickled Onion, with Pickled Onion a distant Tory second to Labour's honest, hardworking Roast Beef. Flamin' Hot is for lib dems desperate to feel something in their hollow lives.

:colbert:

I'm way more radical and cool then you and I love flamin hot

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

My main memory of LGBT Lib Dems was that they got super defensive of Tim Farron as leader, so I wouldn't put much stock in them being any less spineless than the rest of the party. They're still Lib Dems and roast beef Monster Munch have no place in a civilised society.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
My main memory of LGBT lib dems is tintower

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Robot Mil posted:

I am legit worried and raging that the utter shiteness of the Tory/Lib Dem coalition is being forgotten, and there seems to be no real criticism of the Lib Dems apparently welcoming any Tory or labour reject with open arms. What do they even stand for any more? Its so obvious that they want back into power at any cost but everyone is obsessed with ‘Corbyn bad’ and can’t see the wood for the trees.

Ugh it’s infuriating.

Problem is that all the faces of the Lib Dem coalition are gone. Clegg got a high paid job in America working for Facebook, Vince Cable has retreated to his Crypt, Danny Alexander was bought by Disney with the rest of the Muppets and is now sitting in a chest of drawers being eaten by moths.

Swindon who was a new MP doing the guts of Austerity away from the lime light is getting away with being a relatively fresh face with very little scrutiny. The second she gets confronted with what she's done she'll struggle. Especially considering how weak her position already is in her own seat in Scotland.

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

sebzilla posted:

They got destroyed in 2015, that's probably "what came of it"

e: and Flaming Hot Munch are good

I meant in the sense that it came up at the conferences at the time and didn't influence the Lib Dem leadership and MPs in any real way

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

10 Kartooshfacepoints to whoever works out the tune first :)

Let joy fill ev’ry Tory’s heart,
For now, our Brexit’s going to make it,
At last, our leader looks the part,
(At least, we hope that he can fake it)

Hail Brexit, Hail Brexit,
We’ll stop the immigrants!
Assume the power stance!

In spite of economic gloom
We’ll do the thing the plebs demanded,
And sentence them to certain doom,
When all their medicines are stranded.

The final crunch is drawing near
And even though remoaners sniggered,
We’ll say goodbye to Project Fear,
Complete the Article we triggered

No products through our ports!
We’ve got our blue pass-ports!

We’ll trade with ev’ry land!
(however they demand)

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Bobstar posted:

10 Kartooshfacepoints to whoever works out the tune first :)

Let joy fill ev’ry Tory’s heart,
For now, our Brexit’s going to make it,
At last, our leader looks the part,
(At least, we hope that he can fake it)

We’ll stop the immigrants!
Assume the power stance!

In spite of economic gloom
We’ll do the thing the plebs demanded,
And sentence them to certain doom,
When all their medicines are stranded.

The final crunch is drawing near
And even though remoaners sniggered,
We’ll say goodbye to Project Fear,
Complete the Article we triggered

No products through our ports!
We’ve got our blue pass-ports!

We’ll trade with ev’ry land!
(however they demand)

SomethingsomethingBalderick would probably have voted leave.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ms Adequate posted:

Hi, sorry, I know we've moved on a bit but this topic is far too vitally and perenially important to the national health and common good of all mankind to be allowed to let lie;

What are you lunatics talking about? The contest is and has always been between Roast Beef and Pickled Onion, with Pickled Onion a distant Tory second to Labour's honest, hardworking Roast Beef. Flamin' Hot is for lib dems desperate to feel something in their hollow lives.

This thread will never be able to move past those painfully mediocre corn snacks.

Continuity RCP posted:

My main memory of LGBT lib dems is tintower

Specifically the time Tintower did a casual racism & refused to apologise or even acknowledge her fuckup. It's just FYGM but queer. gently caress 'em.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

Ms Adequate posted:

MADAM, YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR. I used to like you.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

The_Doctor posted:

Oh wow, I haven’t thought about those in years. They’re very ‘pub snacks’ in my mind, along with the cheese Moments.

Cheese Moments are forever gone :(

Like beer snacks down the drain

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Neither roast beef or pickled onion monster munch deliver on their promises. At least flamin' hot monster munch taste of flamin' hot.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Space Raiders are better than Monster Munch

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
I remember the first time I made mince and tatties with quorn mince, the scent of roast beef monster munch was unmistakable.

Also the first time I ever got a pack of flamin' hot it came free with an issue of Mean Machine Sega.

Pickled onion tastes nice when had with a sandwich.

They are all good crisps.

But flamin' hot is best.

We do not speak of the other one.

fake edit: Space Raiders are good but they're no Transform-a-snacks.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Shyrka posted:

the other one.

mein gott. I didn't even know this existed. The dreaded family secret.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Shyrka posted:

We do not speak of the other one.

I thought this was going to be Spicy, wow

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

jaete posted:

"Boris Johnson is planning to force a new Brexit deal through parliament in just 10 days - including holding late-night and weekend sittings - in a further sign of Downing Street's determination to negotiate an orderly exit from the EU."

lmao good luck with 10 days, May couldn't do it in 3 years

I mean May's deal was poo poo and she was a total incompetent moron, but Johnson is even more of an incompetent moron and any deal that could maybe possibly be available cannot be more palatable to this parliament than May's poo poo deal was

In conclusion: :brexit:

To be fair May didn't take 3 years, she was just happy to put a procession of failclowns in charge until she finally got fed up and sorted it out herself fairly quick

Difference is she was a seriously bad lol politician

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Just finished episode 3 of the podcast.

It's good, though one thing I would like to add is that even if the benefits service does work as advertised, even if it gets you back into work, the process itself works very effectively to instil an absolute yawning terror of being out of work.

The humiliating and degrading nature of it makes you deathly afraid of ever being out of work, or even looking for work in my case, cos every time you do a loving application it sends it all crawling back to you.

Which, of course, is also part of the intended effect, but it is another example of it being absolutely designed to gently caress up workers for the benefit of the loving swine in charge.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

josh04 posted:

UKMT, you're doing the female-politician-appearance thing again.

Yeah.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Ms Adequate posted:

I always did like you.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Space Raiders are shite, come fight me

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

The Deleter posted:

OH HOLY gently caress!
STEP OUTSIDE NOW!

Modern Space Raiders are shite.
Old ones were more chunkier, better.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

The Deleter posted:

Fight me in the playground.

[e]: No talk of Transform-a-snacks. For shame!

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Sep 14, 2019

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

OwlFancier posted:

Just finished episode 3 of the podcast.

It's good, though one thing I would like to add is that even if the benefits service does work as advertised, even if it gets you back into work, the process itself works very effectively to instil an absolute yawning terror of being out of work.

The humiliating and degrading nature of it makes you deathly afraid of ever being out of work, or even looking for work in my case, cos every time you do a loving application it sends it all crawling back to you.

Which, of course, is also part of the intended effect, but it is another example of it being absolutely designed to gently caress up workers for the benefit of the loving swine in charge.

Absolutely, it's intended to get you into a state where you'll accept a job, any job at all, to get off the system.

I've been on JSA twice in my career, and both times I had incredibly sympathetic advisors who completely accepted that the kinds of jobs I'm suited for aren't the kinds they get and were happy to tick me for turning up every couple of weeks. Until one of them went on holiday, and I had her replacement. He was awful, insisting I apply to X Y Z, "you can get sanctioned for not engaging with your job hunt" and all of that. Job is unreachable on the tube network and you can't drive there because you've lost your licence for medical reasons? gently caress you, apply. This is the experience that many, many people have on JSA.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Captain Crunch, original character and legally distinct from Cap'n Crunch I hope.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I once had my assigned DWP overseer call me a "good boy" and I wanted to do violence

ChairmanGoesWoof
Jul 12, 2016
https://twitter.com/MattChorley/status/1172936192536522752

lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ms Adequate posted:

Cross the floor, friend. Our party is a broad church.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
does swinsion still defend the austerity policies

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

bump_fn posted:

lol at the idea of a lib dem being attached to policies

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The Lib Dems big reveal is...

Another massive homophobe!

https://twitter.com/apiarism/status/1172938812701519872?s=19

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

*lib dem logo landing to roost in the conservatives tree*

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

bump_fn posted:

of course she does. she was the minister responsible for bringing in arbitration fees

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

baka kaba posted:

making GBS threads all over a red rose in the tree's shadow? I smell a political cartoon coming

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

baka kaba posted:

They have spotted a gap in the DUP henchman market and they're going to take it.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

making GBS threads all over a red rose in the tree's shadow? I smell a political cartoon coming

Sounds a bit complex. Just draw a poo poo labelled "lib dems". Job done

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Gonzo McFee posted:

The Lib Dems big reveal is...

Another massive homophobe!

https://twitter.com/apiarism/status/1172938812701519872?s=19

:lol:

https://twitter.com/reel_politcast/status/1172944726670151682

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Bacon Terrorist posted:

They have spotted a gap in the DUP henchman market and they're going to take it.

We may yet find the answer to the counterfactual - what if in 2010 the lib dems had agreed confidence & supply only...

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sexual disorientation is what I call wanking because the net result is something upchucking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Phil Willis came to visit my school when I was a child and that's why I voted Lib Dem once