Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Kegslayer posted:

I've left the guild in Second Galaxy if somebody else needs a spot.

Having the Devs be able to go and gently caress around in your account and act so petty like kicking people out of your corp instantly killed the game for me.

Gonna need more details on this please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
It's a Chinese game. People in Hong Kong were playing it. They didn't like that so they took control of their guilds and destroyed them.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Harminoff posted:

It's a Chinese game. People in Hong Kong were playing it. They didn't like that so they took control of their guilds and destroyed them.

Reddit makes it sound like it isn't that they were in Hong Kong playing it but had Hong Kong in the guild name, and that is Not Okay

Apparently Blizzard did the same recently?

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Kegslayer posted:

I've left the guild in Second Galaxy if somebody else needs a spot.

Having the Devs be able to go and gently caress around in your account and act so petty like kicking people out of your corp instantly killed the game for me.

China's history of censorship and strong-arming companies is not new. It's even entirely possible the company wasn't even told to do this and they just have a nationalistic team who decided to get ahead of the government. Why did you even start playing the game in the first place if you were going to quit the second that was tangibly manifested? Or for that matter why did this make a difference when they were probably filtering for some of the common pre-current events issues, like Taiwan support terms and names?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Len posted:

Apparently Blizzard did the same recently?

Call of Duty mobile, and PUBG mobile, too, apparently have "Hong Kong" blocked by a profanity filter? :psyduck:

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

https://redd.it/d49ouq

Here's the big post about Second Galaxy.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

nessin posted:

China's history of censorship and strong-arming companies is not new. It's even entirely possible the company wasn't even told to do this and they just have a nationalistic team who decided to get ahead of the government. Why did you even start playing the game in the first place if you were going to quit the second that was tangibly manifested? Or for that matter why did this make a difference when they were probably filtering for some of the common pre-current events issues, like Taiwan support terms and names?

Because this is the thing we're supposed to care about today until we forget about it again.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
:allears:

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I can't tell if that post is worse than the one it's quoting.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Oh settle down, it was meant as satire.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

nessin posted:

There's a huge difference between a company saying 'these words are banned' before launching the game and the devs going into your account and to kick people out of your guild both on a technical aspect and also the fact that it's petty as gently caress.

If I paid money for this only to get locked out of my account without any kind of warning or wrong doing on my part then I'd be pretty mad.

It's a huge red flag.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Pretty much just playing Second Galaxy until EVE Echoes comes out, which it probably will do some time in early 2020.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I wish people were petty enough to troll by mass changing their display names to Hong Kong related terms, but given the response here that crowd is probably eating it up.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

nessin posted:

I don’t really get where you’re going with this post. It doesn’t really matter if it’s not new for China, or unexceptional for video games developed by Chinese companies. It is still reasonable to decide you don’t want to support a company once they start loving with people’s accounts like this. If you want to give Chinese developers the benefit of the doubt until they do poo poo like this, that seems like a totally reasonable position.

Talran
Sep 11, 2005

Be gone with you! You'll spoil my focus.
Just a heads up, we've got another goon guild set up in Epic 7 that we're trying to stuff with newer players, and still have some 11 slots with another 8 left to unlock.

Guild name is LLJK, and the discord link is the same as the old which if it's expired for any reason the following will work: https://discord.gg/fSWQeDs

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Talran posted:

Just a heads up, we've got another goon guild set up in Epic 7 that we're trying to stuff with newer players, and still have some 11 slots with another 8 left to unlock.

Guild name is LLJK, and the discord link is the same as the old which if it's expired for any reason the following will work: https://discord.gg/fSWQeDs

I totally was not digging this game from the screenshots but I gave it a shot and now I'm really digging it.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Talran posted:

Cool I'll apply when the 24 cooldown from ditching the old guild passes.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Talran posted:

Which server is this on? It doesnt show in search for me

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Sleekly posted:

Which server is this on? It doesnt show in search for me

Global server.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

I dont think theres a way to jump servers so I think I'm stuck in the Asian one

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Eat The Rich posted:

I totally was not digging this game from the screenshots but I gave it a shot and now I'm really digging it.

Yeah, I am not really into anime and didn't like the side-scrolling battle style at first, but it really is a great game all things considered. I too had picked it up for a few days then uninstalled it (back in November) but then came back to it a month later after a friend of mine pressured me into giving it another chance.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

I think its going to be really long. Things sorta seemed like they were heading to a close but then I checked the world map.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I downloaded psp emulator because I wanted to try playing Monster Hunter FU on my Samsung S10e but I cant get the dualshock 4 controller to work.

I wish the mobile version wasnt iphone exclusive

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Kegslayer posted:

it's petty as gently caress.

Chinese authorities patrol Tiannenman Square with umbrellas and open them in front of cameras is people try and snap pictures. Petty is just scratching the surface with that government.

In actual content, is anyone still playing Animation Throwdown? My guild isn't very good, and I'd rather join a going one if it's out there.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

CompeAnansi posted:

Yeah, I am not really into anime and didn't like the side-scrolling battle style at first, but it really is a great game all things considered. I too had picked it up for a few days then uninstalled it (back in November) but then came back to it a month later after a friend of mine pressured me into giving it another chance.

I tried Epic 7 a long time ago and uninstalled before I got very far. Tried again and really like the various game modes so it doesn't really get stale. Tired of grinding? Try a labyrinth or wave battle. I wish more of these games would be as creative with different modes.

Happyjon
Oct 12, 2012
Was looking for a game to kill time while procrastinating and saw all the AFK arena talk so decided to give it a shot. First pull and got two Shemiras. This is apparently really good? Not sure what the plan is from here but guess I'll stick with the game for a bit.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Shemira is incredible, yeah, especially at endgame for two reasons - her big health draining laser, and her special which slaps a health drain on the entire opposing team.

Most of the time when I get destroyed in AFK by a lower ranked team / player it's either her or Brutus.

E: also set your rickety cart to shred your greens, you don't need them and you can use the mats to buy blue pulls.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Sep 17, 2019

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I think for the veeeery early game you want greens so you can do all your bounties, but you quickly should move to autoshredding yes.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Happyjon posted:

Was looking for a game to kill time while procrastinating and saw all the AFK arena talk so decided to give it a shot. First pull and got two Shemiras. This is apparently really good? Not sure what the plan is from here but guess I'll stick with the game for a bit.

Feed Shemira to Shemira, run Shemira, Hogan, Estrilda, Miranda, and Ira, you'll fly through the campaign and load up on free pulls. Shemira is real good, but doesn't get broken until 161.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I should probably get back into AFK Arena. I'll need to figure out what units are worth using.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Anyone else playing Idle Frontier: Tap Town Tycoon? I have been playing it a couple weeks now and it is good and they have events all the time that give you a 2nd thing to do even if you are on long waits for your main town.

Happyjon
Oct 12, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

Feed Shemira to Shemira, run Shemira, Hogan, Estrilda, Miranda, and Ira, you'll fly through the campaign and load up on free pulls. Shemira is real good, but doesn't get broken until 161.

Pretty much what I ended up doing but with Gwyneth instead of Ira. Just hit a wall at 4-4 with no way to get hero xp so I guess now is a good time to AFK.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Trastion posted:

Anyone else playing Idle Frontier: Tap Town Tycoon? I have been playing it a couple weeks now and it is good and they have events all the time that give you a 2nd thing to do even if you are on long waits for your main town.

Man, this is seriously just AdVenture Communist (and probably capitalist?) with a harder to use UI.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Does anyone have suggestions for this lineup? I don’t really have a clear idea who I should be powering apart from I think saveas.

https://imgur.com/gallery/R2GjPDW

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Get that Lucius going fo sho

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

tildes posted:

Does anyone have suggestions for this lineup? I don’t really have a clear idea who I should be powering apart from I think saveas.

https://imgur.com/gallery/R2GjPDW

I would be running front line either Thane or Hogan and Lucius, back line Belinda, Tasi Saveas.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

pile of brown posted:

Get that Lucius going fo sho

Lucius owns bones. Listen to this man.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Push El Burrito posted:

I would be running front line either Thane or Hogan and Lucius, back line Belinda, Tasi Saveas.

Thane is not a tank and needs fairly good equipment to be really good. Get him enough dodge and crit and he just melts people though.

Hogan, Lucius, Bel, Saveas and Tasi is fairly solid imo

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I feel like 160 is basically the F2P cap in AFK Arena. To get past it would require... An absolutely ridiculous amount of stuff, and a lot of luck, especially since blue heroes cap out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Infinity Gaia posted:

I feel like 160 is basically the F2P cap in AFK Arena. To get past it would require... An absolutely ridiculous amount of stuff, and a lot of luck, especially since blue heroes cap out there.

Yeah that's rapidly approaching for me. It's still going to be breakable with some ridiculous luck but it's pretty unlikely to happen any time soon.