Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

PostNouveau posted:

Like his plan to end the filibuster not by ending the filibuster, but rather having the VP just tell the parliamentarian to shut the gently caress up, Bernie has a way to bend the courts to his will without packing them.

Some theory about how he can boot justices back to lower courts.

These plans are Bernie's weak point, legalistic jiu jitsu isn't a good way to go plus it's waaaaay too wonky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

pre-op bebop posted:

Yeah this kinda doesn't make sense. If there is medicare for all, which she supposedly supports, why are there "insurers"? In case she fails at implementing M4A? lol

Not including mental health care as part of general healthcare is beyond ridiculous and I don't see how anyone would be dumb (and cruel) enough to support an idea like that.

anyway trymp

the only reasons to do it are

1) mental health is notoriously not profitable and so jettisoning it from M4A reveals that in her plan there's still profit-driven private parties administrating M4A
2) there was a debate coming up and she needed a plan on her site and some intern was told to take this pile of stuff she's said and turn it into a policy proposal

neither is particularly good

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

the first family is very active in water sports

piss tape is real

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

I swear, every time I see one of these vans I misread the name on it as "dorkmobile"

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

crazy cloud posted:

She's a snake

Actually, she's Fake Pocahontas

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

didnt the el paso shooter advocate for eco-facism in his manifesto or whatever

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
How did this perception start that Warren is to the right of Sanders on healthcare? Their plans are the same. Literally, when asked, she says she's with Bernie and supports his bill.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/14/politics/elizabeth-warren-health-care-plan-medicare-for-all/index.html

Both candidates are against private healthcare.

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

yup

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tacodaemon posted:

I swear, every time I see one of these vans I misread the name on it as "dorkmobile"

Servicing all brands of automaton? :roboluv:

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

ASenileAnimal posted:

ben shapiro: rap understander

way to misspell CRAP :chord:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/physorg_com/status/1173620425278087169?s=20
Kinda boring outcome but also kinda metal?

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

Al! posted:

here's where i got it from

https://twitter.com/freedaaron/status/1172157239450329088

i also was reminded that she said the way to fight prescription drug costs is not to introduce regulation but to let the department of health and human services, one of the most underfunded agencies in the federal government, to begin manufacturing generic drugs if they opt to

ok, thank you.

Addamere posted:

not including mental health, dental, vision, and however many other different types of doctors you apparently need separate insurance plans for, is bullshit designed to make more money for insurers

Yeah. Obviously all of those things should be covered by a single payer system but I'm preaching to the choir.

I didn't mind Warren before but this actually makes me dislike her. I'd still probably vote for her vs Trump but I know she's not gonna beat him.

We need Bernie. :(

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Mayor Dave posted:

These plans are Bernie's weak point, legalistic jiu jitsu isn't a good way to go plus it's waaaaay too wonky

Yeah they probably won't work, but neither plan requires the lovely Dems in Congress to do anything. It's good he's already strategizing how to get around them.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Mariana Horchata posted:

LG prob me with the music video for King of Pain

there's a little black s e s h on the sun today

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Not gonna read any brainy poo poo. Is it because God is mad at me?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

democrats are on the perma defensive instead offense which is why nothing will change except more death and misery that is going to pile up for nothing instead of a cause

Democrats will go on the offensive when it comes time for the succ to join hands with the chuds to stomp on the necks of progressives

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
So they say, OK, lets look at everything else, and all of the deals that 'Trump' has done over his lifetime," the president tweeted. "But it doesn't work that way. I have a better idea. Look at the Obama Book Deal, or the ridiculous Netflix deal. Then look at all the deals made by the Dems in Congress, the 'Congressional Slush Fund,' and lastly the IG [inspector general] Reports."

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

now we know Ben's fetish

https://mobile.twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1173628757221019651

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Lastgirl posted:

and I will probate you.

She's not going to take kindly to the mean leftists yelling back and double down out of spite instead because she knows best since she fast tracked her meritocracy using 1/16th native american blood in a ritual sacrifice called "application to diversity program"

Guess what time it is motherfuckers
:toxx: Warren will not double down if personally asked at a town hall or debate why her M4A plan doesn't cover mental health.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Lastgirl posted:

democrats are on the perma defensive instead offense

Submissives gotta sub

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

William Bear posted:

How did this perception start that Warren is to the right of Sanders on healthcare? Their plans are the same. Literally, when asked, she says she's with Bernie and supports his bill.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/14/politics/elizabeth-warren-health-care-plan-medicare-for-all/index.html

she was but she isn't anymore, what I posted was literally what is on her site

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

this soon to be 6-3 aggressively right wing court is gonna slice poo poo up for decades

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

William Bear posted:

Bc she's saying one thing while her website says another

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

it all comes down to bob saget and the olson twins

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Obama (check out Netflix viewing history and past)

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/AidanMcGlynn/status/1173620730241703936

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Not gonna read any brainy poo poo. Is it because God is mad at me?

Tldr: icy planetoid/moon got tossed towards the star and got ripped apart like a gigantic comet and now the objects remains veil the starlight

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Ben Shapiro is a moron.

https://twitter.com/adam22/status/1173289165271654400

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epic High Five posted:

she was but she isn't anymore, what I posted was literally what is on her site

"She was, but she isn't anymore" could be the subtitle for Elizabeth Warren in general. The biggest reason not to like her is you cannot trust her to do anything except promote her own career goals.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

i want to power bomb ben shapiro through 5 lockers

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Guess what time it is motherfuckers
:toxx: Warren will not double down if personally asked at a town hall or debate why her M4A plan doesn't cover mental health.

not many people recover from the mental illness called Meritocracy since it is a degenerative brain poison.

thanks for the lowtax cyberspine kickback i guess

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

lol what the hell kind of point is this? "Democrats can't win without non-college whites, as evidence I present Clinton-Trump and two elections where they lost non-college whites by 25 points and won anyway. I am politically savvy."

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

smarxist posted:

i want to power bomb ben shapiro through 5 lockers

Harsh but fair

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mayor Dave posted:

a lot can be done with the bully pulpit but all of our lives we've only ever known coward Dems who would capitulate on everything before ever thinking of invoking it

as we speak, Dem leadership is meeting with Republican leadership to plan ways to hamstring the next Dem if they win, Bernie's plans are both entirely allowable and the best possible shot many of these plans have.

Giving it to the Senate to decide in a decorous manner is the least wonky and also most doomed option

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

"Brett Kavanaugh must Post Hog" -Ben Shapiro, 2019

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

it's loving forever in trumptime until the general so stop fantasy footballing and vote for fuckin bernie

save ur game theorying 4 if when the dnc puts the fix in

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

William Bear posted:

gently caress you shut the gently caress up liberal

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

I too will remember the day that C-SPAM wronged my half-measure queen! :pram:

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

Chiquita banana chiquita banana obamaaaaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0