Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Junior G-man posted:

Being pro-austerity and tough choices when even the Tories have ditched that garbage is a spicy, spicy take.

It's good for Labour though, the worry always was that the LDs would be the lefty remain party but I think they've got a (mistaken) whiff of supplanting the tories as the centre right party.
Hopefully it lowers the amount of labour voters swapping to them and increases the amount of tories swapping to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Junior G-man posted:

Being pro-austerity and tough choices when even the Tories have ditched that garbage is a spicy, spicy take.

Not unsuprising - she was massively supportive of it at the time, and soley betting on revoking Brexit as the Libdem short-term political rehabilitation.

You want an even worse take from the person who started the ball rolling?
https://twitter.com/MirrorPolitics/status/1173678097968881666

Absolute loving monster. And the gall of the editor of the guardian texting him about being sorry they wrote about his dead son, when he oversaw the preventable deaths of so many, and used his son as a shield against criticism.

winegums posted:

The fall of the cucks has been one of the most satisfying chapters in Politics. I'm looking forwarding to staying up on election night to watch CUKs lose their seats. That includes former members like Chuka.

If I'm able, I'm planning to do what I did at the last election and book the day of the results off (if on a weekday) - either to celebrate, or to mourn.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Dear Mr Cameron,

I have an outstanding flat in a high rise you may want to consider, just don’t mind the cladding mmk

Yours sincerely,
Death, esq.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pesky Splinter posted:

Ah I see the difference between dom cummies and davey hameron is that hameron has read The Prince.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pesky Splinter posted:

Not unsuprising - she was massively supportive of it at the time, and soley betting on revoking Brexit as the Libdem short-term political rehabilitation.

Absolute loving monster. And the gall of the editor of the guardian texting him about being sorry they wrote about his dead son, when he oversaw the preventable deaths of so many, and used his son as a shield against criticism.

If I'm able, I'm planning to do what I did at the last election and book the day of the results off (if on a weekday) - either to celebrate, or to mourn.

https://twitter.com/tweetawix/status/1173679729674768386?s=21

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

parody account

not that liberals don't actually believe everything that account says

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

RottenK posted:

parody account

The clip is real, though.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

She was a waste of space who benefited from a CLP with a really strong ground game in 2017.
Her replacement looks likely to be a woman as well. I assume it's a coincidence that the posher parts of the borough returned male candidates, while the poo poo parts returned female candidates.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

RottenK posted:

parody account

how DARE you criticise Saint Swinson on her past voting record, past statements and past political positions now she is leader of the party and able to put those down as party positions. That is GROSSLY offensive and frankly exactly what I'd expect from the verminous trots such as yourself. Shame on you. DISGUSTING.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
oh, i thought the mockery was about the praise in the tweet

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Yeah should clarify, it's the clip, not the embedded tweet itself.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

I'm not sure this AI is all that I.

Numerical Anxiety
Sep 2, 2011

Hello.

ThomasPaine posted:

So:

1) Am I being honestly a plank because I just cannot read anything antisemitic in any of this
2) Why is an apparently well renowned professor of holocaust studies being so loving dense on a subject she should be fairly thoughtful about?
3) Do these people understand what the 'appeal to authority' fallacy is?
3a) Are these guys in the replies seriously trying to use the language of 'mansplaining' etc to imply that said professor cannot ever be challenged on anything related to jews, antisemitism, or the holocaust?*
4) WHY ARE SO MANY PEOPLE APPARENTLY BUYING THIS SHITE

*Bit of a digression, but I know it's not the actual meaning of the term, but I loving hate it so much when people use the original gendered application of the term to imply 'no man can ever challenge the opinions of any woman'. In fact, I think there's a major weakness in the original theory in that it implies good faith from all sides and doesn't take into account political/ideological conflict. If I'm a woman who happens to have a PhD in political science and I'm also an insane ancap, that expertise gives me an extremely easy way of shooting down a lot of criticism via the hijacking of well-intentioned feminist argument.

If you'll forgive a lurker for interjecting - Deborah Lipstadt is perhaps not the most nuanced or thoughtful figure. She publicly humiliated David Irving and there was a hollywood movie made about it, which - let's face it - counts infinitely more than what one publishes. Calling out revisionists and deniers is undoubtedly a good thing - continuing to publish editorials in the New York Times how about pro-Palestinian protesters attacked a Paris Synagogue months after the story was debunked in the French media is less good, and she has also done that. She basically trades in being the public intellectual antisemtism cop, and, despite being more or less a right-wing Zionist type, passes herself off as "balanced" to the extent that she might call out the most egregious abuses on the Israeli and American right by telling them not to say the quiet part out loud. But again, they made a movie about her, and she has a PhD, so of course she gets to be the last word on what is and what isn't antisemitism.

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I'm not sure this AI is all that I.

Well yeah it is an ‘art project’ intended to ‘make people think’. It is pretty much a random word generator, just one built using a machine learning toolkit.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Is the Supreme Court actually going to do something tomorrow?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

radmonger posted:

Well yeah it is an ‘art project’ intended to ‘make people think’. It is pretty much a random word generator, just one built using a machine learning toolkit.

no AI is I, it's in the name - an artifice of intelligence

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Steve2911 posted:

Is the Supreme Court actually going to do something tomorrow?

as I understand it, it's going to start doing something tomorrow, but not finish doing it for a few days at least

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Diet Crack posted:

I also never saw the opec logo until now and my god is it awful

It's like a branding consultant sprung it on them as a joke

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
There's an old joke about a genie and a bridge

Genie: *appears in front of Boris Johnson*

Genie: Greetings! You get one wish.

Johnson: Oh! Ah, so... yes, how about a bridge between Scotland and Northern Ireland? That would be very good. Can you build one for me please?

Genie: Well, that's not really possible to be honest. I mean, think about how tall the supports would have to be to reach the bottom? Nah mate, make another wish.

Johnson: Alright. Can I get a successful Brexit?

Genie: How many lanes you want on that bridge?

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

Podcast is great. Comment or commenteriat (assuming I spelt that wrong) is super entertaining.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Angepain posted:

as I understand it, it's going to start doing something tomorrow, but not finish doing it for a few days at least

What are they planning to start?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Deciding for super duper realsies whether parliament is prorogued or not and whether or not they want to do anything about it in the event it was illegal.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Hoping our apolitical judiciary stands up for what’s right!!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/imbadatlife/status/1173621742088196097

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

radmonger posted:

It is an art project, but it's not random according to their blurb at the bottom - the AI is trained on the ImageNet photos and categories for "Person", and what it returns is the category the AI assigns to a given image based on that training. The project is presumably to publicly and visibly demonstrate the errors that can arise due to a combination of small data sets for each category, biases in the data set, and how visual appearance doesn't map perfectly to category, making the point that we can't just assume machine learning systems are always correct.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/sep/16/jo-swinson-liberal-democrats-remain-extremism-labour-opportunity-brexit

Holy poo poo even Polly Toynbee is suddenly pro-Corbs what is going on

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

She's written at least one other article pro labour recently. To be honest it's worrying because everything else the commentariat have supported has gone to poo poo.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Will Corbyn push for a general election after party conference?

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Yes but Rachel Riley said ignoring trolls is beneficial to your health

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

He will probably push for one as soon as an extension can be secured and boris can't gently caress his way out of it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

It's like a branding consultant sprung it on them as a joke
loss is getting weird

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The 2012 olympic logo designer is moving up in the world.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

More to the point, she's anti-Swinson. That's a big loss for the Lib Dems, if the Guardian is turning on 'em.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

:lol: These are very good

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Im not sure cartels need particularly great logos? Although actually in the movies the baddies do always have great branding. I wonder if there are awards ceremonies?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

What is this?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Azza Bamboo posted:

What is this?

big scary monsters posted:

I got my classification, wondering if I ought to shave.

e: it's here if anyone else wants to try: https://imagenet-roulette.paglen.com/

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Azza Bamboo posted:

What is this?

A font for ants?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Darth Walrus posted:

More to the point, she's anti-Swinson. That's a big loss for the Lib Dems, if the Guardian is turning on 'em.

Swinson is an astonishingly bad leader, matched only by her 4 predecessors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Diet Crack posted:

Bombs over Tehran doesn’t have the same ring as Baghdad.

let the donald know. he'll airdrop tanks instead