Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

forkboy84 posted:

But he says he is, are you accusing him of lying? :stare:

This kind of slander from the left is why we won't engage with them in any way shape or form even if it means killing a million poors
-the lib dems probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

This Antisemitism towards Chuka is disgusting.

Corbyn must be held accountable!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

forkboy84 posted:

But he says he is, are you accusing him of lying? :stare:

According to Wikipedia, the highest authority of what is and isn't true in the world, someone called Emily Thornberry is Shadow Foreign Secretary.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
[throat noise]uka

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ms Fuchi posted:

So Lord Keen's argument is that the prorogation might be unlawful, but it happened, so tough poo poo

Gonna try that with murder.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Julio Cruz posted:

yeah, no, that's his first tweet in that thread

she's claiming that him referring to a "centrist clique" is an insult and refusing to engage with him because of that

reading comprehension's really not that hard if you put a bit of effort into it

Thanks for your help as ever, I can't read twitters to save my life. Clique and accusations of left and right in these contexts are insults though arent they and she doesnt seem to refuse to engage with him given that they continue the conversation. It'd be nicer to converse with you if you could bring your self to not be rude to me though.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Gonna try that with murder.

Names of Lords are amazing.

Lord Pannick is again the suspension of parliament and Lord Keen is for it? Lovely stuff.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
can I just say that this youtube channel is an absolute litany of depressing videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClz-d22g9Lj7agZSbaRKuqA/videos &%23160;

The channel avatar should be :smith:

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Did you know that in South Africa, the word 'pedo' isn't actually a reference to pedophilia, but more like local slang for 'rear end in a top hat guy'? No? Well according to local boy Elon Musk ...

quote:

Elon Musk is continuing to try to wriggle his way out of a defamation lawsuit, claiming in a court filing on Monday that a tweet labeling a British diver “pedo guy” was not meant to actually accuse him of pedophilia.

The Tesla CEO is being sued over comments made in 2018 about Vernon Unsworth, a diver who helped rescue a team of young soccer players stuck in an underwater cave.

At the time Unsworth had criticized Musk’s plans to rescue the soccer players using a mini submarine, calling it a “stunt” and telling him to “stick his submarine where it hurts”. Musk responded with a series of erratic tweets calling Unsworth a “pedo guy”. He later called him a “child rapist” in emails to a BuzzFeed reporter.

Musk’s lawyers have argued these statements were simply insults, not accusations. They reiterated that on Monday, saying “pedo guy” was a common insult used when Musk was a child in South Africa and is not meant to “accuse a person of acts of pedophilia”.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/sep/16/elon-musk-defamation-lawsuit-pedo-guy-tweet-diver

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Junior G-man posted:

Did you know that in South Africa, the word 'pedo' isn't actually a reference to pedophilia, but more like local slang for 'rear end in a top hat guy'? No? Well according to local boy Elon Musk ...

I "enjoy" the way the article goes on to detail the ways he double and tripled-down on the accusations that weren't.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I thought Musk settled that lawsuit? Or at least got on his hands and knees and groveled an apology

Well I hope he gets utterly rinsed anyway

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Clique and accusations of left and right in these contexts are insults though arent they

...no? they're used all the time to describe political positions

NotJustANumber99 posted:

and she doesnt seem to refuse to engage with him given that they continue the conversation.

she's not engaging with his points though, she's just playing the :decorum: card and calling him a bad example to other activists

NotJustANumber99 posted:

It'd be nicer to converse with you if you could bring your self to not be rude to me though.

make a good post once in a while and I might try

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Tune in LIVE, for 80 minutes of Swinson LIVE at the LibDem conference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBbYZQ7ZahI

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

https://twitter.com/PhilthePill/status/1173573334988140545

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
^^^3posts up^^^ sorry I just don't see that tweet thread as the slamdunk against her that other people seem to. But thats always the way with tweets for me I think.I think I'm immune to them or something. Its like when rachel riley has her 5 pages of antisemitic tweets and I can't see a single thing shes talking about.

I was sat in a tesla the other day in the showroom and one thing that is certain is that if that submarine was made by the same guys as handled the panel gaps on their cars, anyone inside it would have been very drowned.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
The problem as I see it is that she avoids talking about any of the substance of his argument, because she’s unable to come up with an actual rebuttal, in favour of what really feels like mock offence to draw eyes away from his point.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
corbyn: campaign for remain

swinson: he should've campaigned for remain

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Junior G-man posted:

No

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Junior G-man posted:

Yes, a bit like Elon being a nonce.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Chuka Umana posted:

corbyn: campaign for remain

swinson: he should've campaigned for remain

Yes but have you considered that "Nigel Farage is Brexit by name, but Corbyn is Brexit by nature"?

(actual quote)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Junior G-man posted:

146 watching now

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

sebzilla posted:

Has been for a good few weeks now.

I'm starting to think he might not manage a fourth political party before the New Year.

No.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

sebzilla posted:

146 watching now

lmao

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Junior G-man posted:

Yes but have you considered that "Nigel Farage is Brexit by name, but Corbyn is Brexit by nature"?

(actual quote)

Stunning rhetoric from the real shadow government.

I can see how they were worthy of Chuka's attention.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
More like Joke Swinson

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

forkboy84 posted:

My inappropriate Rachel Riley fantasies have gone from sexual to whispering in her ear about how her tax rate is going to double and welfare spending will increase and public homes will be built in record numbers and we'll recognise the statehood of Palestine.

Fnaar.

I'd blow my beans in either of these scenarios tbqh

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

ThomasPaine posted:

I'd blow my beans in either of these scenarios tbqh

heh heh

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Wait I got another one

More like Jo Rubbish

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Bollocks to backside, it's beans up the brexit.

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I thought Musk settled that lawsuit? Or at least got on his hands and knees and groveled an apology

Well I hope he gets utterly rinsed anyway

Based on the article not only is he not apologising he's using his legal team to continue to call the guy a child molester. Basically "calling someone a pedo isn't actually calling them them a pedo but we investigated him and we heard that he totally actually is a pedo".

But I'm pretty sure its actually Elon Musk who is the pedo (for whatever arbitrary definition of the word Elon Musk has come up with).

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

You know. I love Owen Jones. But almost every day I worry that him as an on the ground. Constantly in the face of fascists in hellworld timeline. That he's going to get Jo Coxed one day.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Jo Sfailsdóttir

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

"We can't afford to be narrow and pure"

*welcomes homophobes, racists and paedophiles into the party*

"We need to gather the forces of Liberalism!"

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

sebzilla posted:

*welcomes homophobes, racists and paedophiles into the party*

Okay, where does this come from? Someone else mentioned it a bit before, can we get some sources please?

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

I'm looking forward to the day GE media rules kick in and the Lib Dems absolutely crumbling as it's clear their only positions are Tory poo poo from 2010 and a post it note with "remain, maybe?" written on it

Edit: Tho it's the Lib Dems so the crumbling could really start any second now

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

Okay, where does this come from? Someone else mentioned it a bit before, can we get some sources please?

I was joking about drake getting done for hitting on kids cos someone did the drake meme with swinson and the tories.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Wait I got another one

More like Jo Rubbish

Jo's Swansong

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Josef bugman posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Steel#Cyril_Smith_child_sex_abuse_scandal

Liberal Democrats: Demand Better (their actual tagline ffs)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Junior G-man posted:

The problem being Musk was already caught trying to expound on it, including straight up accusing the diver of moving to Thailand to take a child bride, and hiring a PI (who apparently ripped Musk off) to prove such.

He's a moron to think this explanation will fly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

That end section was just 'words people like' chained together; fair, open, honest, inclusive, not divided, better future, etc. etc. etc.