Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
I wonder if a Cousins implosion puts the kibosh on high-AAV medium-term fully guaranteed contracts for the time being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

iwentdoodie posted:

New keyboard?

New phone that my fat fingers aren't used to. Mitch still sucks.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
you can blame the play calling a bit too for trying for the touchdown pass, but at the end of the day it's cousins' job not to air ball it into triple coverage for no reason like a loving rookie

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

ghosthorse posted:

you can blame the play calling a bit too for trying for the touchdown pass, but at the end of the day it's cousins' job not to air ball it into triple coverage for no reason like a loving rookie

That's all on Kissing Cousins imo, it's not the play callers job to literally never call a pass (however awesome that would be) because you're scared your QB will throw a pick. First loving down!! Jesus wept

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Play posted:

That's all on Kissing Cousins imo, it's not the play callers job to literally never call a pass (however awesome that would be) because you're scared your QB will throw a pick. First loving down!! Jesus wept

He panicked badly. The first read was the receiver running along the goal line and I'd he had thrown there Alexander would have had a great chance at a pick 6. The pressure moved him out of the pocket and he tried to make something out of nothing on first down for unknown reasons.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Hot Diggity! posted:

He panicked badly. The first read was the receiver running along the goal line and I'd he had thrown there Alexander would have had a great chance at a pick 6. The pressure moved him out of the pocket and he tried to make something out of nothing on first down for unknown reasons.

wen u think ur mahomes but actually you're just a scrub with a noodle arm

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lions cut CJ Anderson for some reason???

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

Play posted:

I totally agree. Unfortunately I think at this point they only have a run game until Cousins either pulls his head out of his rear end or he gets more than 1 second of protection. He has to be one of the worst NFL quarterbacks when under pressure right now.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

MJeff posted:

To sign Paul Perkins

Play
Apr 25, 2006

MJeff posted:

there goes my theory of him taking over the lions backfield. sigh

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Be free ghost post

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Play is finally free from the NFC North void where all of Kirk Cousins throws and Bears kicks are trapped for eternity

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Disloyal rear end Bears fans

Wikipedia posted:

Trubisky ended his playoff debut having completed 26 of 43 passes for 303 yards, one touchdown, and a passer rating of 89.6; the yards and completions set franchise postseason records, while Trubisky became the youngest Bears quarterback to throw a touchdown pass in the playoffs since Doug Flutie in 1986.[74]

On January 21, 2019, he was officially declared a Pro Bowl participant in place of the Super Bowl-bound Jared Goff

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Styles Bitchley posted:

Disloyal rear end Bears fans

lmao Trubisky made it to a Pro Bowl.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

PneumonicBook posted:

lmao Trubisky made it to a Pro Bowl.

Are we sure that wasn't a "Poo Bowl?"

I'm talking about a toilet.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Mitch is going to be the 2020 XFL MVP.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Did you guys watch the skills competition for that Pro Bowl? I seem to recall Trubisky basically looking like a total disgrace

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
https://youtu.be/wFzAZ6WN-xI

That's a franchise talent.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Raku posted:

Did you guys watch the skills competition for that Pro Bowl? I seem to recall Trubisky basically looking like a total disgrace

I'm like 90% sure he got outperformed by Adam Thielen in the QB drills

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

don't worry Mitch beat Thielen by....one whole point!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVnXtfB6xlA&t=149s

(around 2:30)

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

LOL, I didn't know they brought this back after Joey Harrington threw an INT to a cardboard cutout.

Whelp, now it will go away again because of Pro Bowler Mitchell Trubisky.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

also don't keep watching that vid because Luck is later and it's not fun to watch with how everything turned out

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I dunno, maybe Gruden will read “Pro Bowl quarterback” and trade the Bears three first round picks for Trubbish.

Can’t hurt to try.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

BGrifter posted:

I dunno, maybe Gruden will read “Pro Bowl quarterback” and trade the Bears three first round picks for Trubbish.

Can’t hurt to try.

Hes nowhere near old enough for gruden

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Niwrad posted:

Game managers won't win you shot in today's NFL. And drafting a guy #2 and she him as a game manager is sad.

gently caress, some guy named Luke Falk came in tonight and through for 200 yards behind a trash line. Probably had zero reps too. And Hardner Minshew at least looks semi-competent.

Mitch has looked considerably worse than both of them. And the issue isn't a bad read. He just isn't an accurate thrower.

Oh I agree with all of this. But at this stage they try to make the playoffs while praying Mitch improves. If he doesn't then they need to move on. I think the only way they can do that is by FA or a trade since the core will age quicker than any new rookie QB.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
What's the status of JaMarcus Russell?

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

And all that said there is reason for hope. Here's four QBs before their age 25 season, try to pick out the Mitch

QB 1: 59.8% comp, 4.3% TD, 2.8% Int, 7.7 YPA, sacked 7.2%
QB 2: 63.5% comp, 4.1% TD, 2.5% Int, 7.1 YPA, sacked 6.7%
QB 3: 60.4% comp, 5.1% TD, 3.5% Int, 7.3 YPA, sacked 3.2%
QB 4: 55.1% comp, 2.9% TD, 5.2% Int, 6.3 YPA, sacked 7.7%

Cam Newton, Trubisky, Peyton Manning, Troy Aikman (ok the last two aren't really fair but this was still fun for me)

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

SirPablo posted:

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

iwentdoodie posted:

Hes nowhere near old enough for gruden

are we assuming gruden will only be satisfied when his qb is an elderly retread like rich gannon

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

this reminded me that gannon did not even retire that old by the standards of todays QBs

modern QB longevity is weird

all them stem cell baths and antimatter sleep chambers and such i guess

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

lmao "I love watching this guy mature as a passer" as he totally whiffs the three-point sign.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

PupsOfWar posted:

are we assuming gruden will only be satisfied when his qb is an elderly retread like rich gannon

Fitzmagic feels like his perfect QB

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

SirPablo posted:

QB coach at his high school in Alabama

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

QB coach at his high school in Alabama

Sounds like another QB wooed out of retirement to play for the Vikings.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Re. Kaepernick, you all are forgetting how the owners and the league are all mewling abject cowards in the face of their reactionary chud fanbase

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I think they're actually more afraid of the president. If Kaep was picked up and immediately started playing well, fans wouldn't give a poo poo.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I think they're actually more afraid of the president. If Kaep was picked up and immediately started playing well, fans wouldn't give a poo poo.

The gnashing of teeth by fans would be able to be heard across the country.

Like unsaid earlier there would be mass jersey burnings, people posting pictures of ARE TROOPS etc etc

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ghosthorse posted:

don't worry Mitch beat Thielen by....one whole point!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVnXtfB6xlA&t=149s

(around 2:30)

He hit the five pointer at least. :shrug:

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

OxySnake posted:

Like unsaid earlier there would be mass jersey burnings, people posting pictures of ARE TROOPS etc etc

I turned on espn on sirius yesterday and a guy from Boston called in to complain about Brown "using racist slurs" on a totally different topic so yeah, this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

OxySnake posted:

Yeah like *maybe* fans of the team he's on give him a pass if he's performing, but 31 other fanbases (+ all the people who don't even give a gently caress about football but are just assholes) would be burning poo poo immediately