Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Battlefield 1943 was not the same, it just had new versions of some old maps. Also not exclusive, so maybe there's something else?

Edit: VVV and El Alamein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

just give me Wake Island 24/7 with better graphics it’s not hard

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Godholio posted:

Battlefield 1943 was not the same, it just had new versions of some old maps. Also not exclusive, so maybe there's something else?

Oh it was a console exclusive. I never played it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Remember Battlefield: Heroes

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Fallom posted:

Remember Battlefield: Heroes

Oh lord yes.

Check out risinghub.net

Syrian Lannister fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 17, 2019

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The limited game time I get is all R6 Siege and maybe some flavor of the week bf4 until doom eternal releases

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

If they did battlefield Vietnam again it would be awesome but it needs to have 64v64 on gently caress-you sized battle Royale maps.

What’s the last Vietnam fps? Black Ops?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

colachute posted:

If they did battlefield Vietnam again it would be awesome but it needs to have 64v64 on gently caress-you sized battle Royale maps.

What’s the last Vietnam fps? Black Ops?

Rising Storm 2

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfeUDj_53D0

Doom Eternal lookin' sharp.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

The gunplay in Borderlands 3 is really tight, and the encounter design is way improved. It's like they took a page from the Destiny book, trash mobs with occasional yellow bars/Badasses thrown in for some challenge. I haven't run into serious cases of bullet sponge, but the guns I've been getting are insane so YMMV. Just about every fight is a good bit of fun. The guns and loot are much better this time around too, even at level 29 I'm still finding solid greens to use, and I've found more legendaries to far than I did in a long time of playing Borderlands 2.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

RIP

AND

TEAR

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I played the dog poo poo out of that game on 360. Getting under the map was fun. They really need to re-release that on xbone.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Now I want to play BF2 (the pc version) strike at karkand with like 256 people again.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

borderlands was never fun for me bc it felt so weird and floaty

also the rumors of apple buying sony are springing up again. can't wait for the pippen 2.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Tetris Maximus Cup this weekend, based on that free to play Kirby game that just came out.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gently caress yessssssss

tetris krew assemble

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

HEY, WHO ARE YOU?! YOU CANT...BE...HERE :stare:

Doomguy: :clint:

I love how there’s the warning for the BFG 10000 firing, then another to say that SLAYER HAS ENTERED THE FACILITY. Cmon, these 2 things aren’t even on the same level. DOOMSLAYER is almost insulted by the comparison :getin:

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I still fire up Doom 2016 for dumb mindless shootiemans. Doom Eternal has had my money for three years.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Icon Of Sin posted:

HEY, WHO ARE YOU?! YOU CANT...BE...HERE :stare:

Doomguy: :clint:

I love how there’s the warning for the BFG 10000 firing, then another to say that SLAYER HAS ENTERED THE FACILITY. Cmon, these 2 things aren’t even on the same level. DOOMSLAYER is almost insulted by the comparison :getin:

"Look, I'm gonna be gentle but firm, I'm going through"

*grabs keycard, drags guy wearing it over to card reader*

"Nice gun, I think I'll take it. Thank you."

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

No god will save you if the Slayer thinks you’re in his way. That poor bastard with the keycard is probably the only person that the Slayer has ever touched who didn’t become a messy pile of broken bones covered in blood afterwards.

I’ve posted it before, and I’ll post it again: the berserk powerup in Doom 2016 (combined with various runes) is the most gratuitous, over-the-top violence I think I’ve ever seen. I think the holy combo is the one that makes glory kills faster, launch into them from further away, and the one that increases your speed after a glory kill? Combine it with the berserk powerup and you can clear an entire set of demons with fists alone :getin:

https://youtu.be/XZGU_JdQAow

He was told to RIP AND TEAR, UNTIL IT IS DONE! and he has every intention of doing exactly that.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Icon Of Sin posted:

No god will save you if the Slayer thinks you’re in his way. That poor bastard with the keycard is probably the only person that the Slayer has ever touched who didn’t become a messy pile of broken bones covered in blood afterwards.

I’ve posted it before, and I’ll post it again: the berserk powerup in Doom 2016 (combined with various runes) is the most gratuitous, over-the-top violence I think I’ve ever seen. I think the holy combo is the one that makes glory kills faster, launch into them from further away, and the one that increases your speed after a glory kill? Combine it with the berserk powerup and you can clear an entire set of demons with fists alone :getin:

https://youtu.be/XZGU_JdQAow

He was told to RIP AND TEAR, UNTIL IT IS DONE! and he has every intention of doing exactly that.

That's what I love about that scene: He's being almost dainty with them.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

CommieGIR posted:

That's what I love about that scene: He's being almost dainty with them.

The doom slayer has excellent motor control.

He once had a fluffy pet rabbit.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Daisy is the most-avenged pet to have ever existed. John Wick’s dog, the Slayer’s rabbit, there’s no hiding from their owner’s vengeance.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

With the added bonus of the message of the new Doom being, aside from rip and tear until it is done, that unchecked capitalism and corporate interests will kill us all.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

gently caress yessssssss

tetris krew assemble

Gangtag airhorns

(I came here to post this)

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

A Bad Poster posted:

With the added bonus of the message of the new Doom being, aside from rip and tear until it is done, that unchecked capitalism and corporate interests will kill us all.

"Games cannot be political"
:goonsay:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

is there a tetris gangtag

if not we should change that

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Only if I can have it and keep my Serious Sam's Club tag.

I wish I still had the one that this automatically replaced, because I still always bet on Duke you mother fuckers :argh:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I somehow thought the Doom that came out in 2016 was somehow yet another expansion or remastered version of the last Doom installment I bought (and also the very last game I bought in a box), and I completely forgot that I bought that in two-thousand-loving-four.
So I'm gonna play a little Doom 2016 with a couple of brews later, and slap Doom Eternal on my wish list for now.

Farming Simulator talk: I don't think I'll ever play this game for its economic aspects or for running a sustained successful farm, so I've already failed as a German, but drat all of this loving equipment is cool. I was a MASSIVE big-machinery fan as a kid (to the point where I was only drawing construction equipment for several years), and this dumb game has so much mechanical detail on the multi-stage machines / tows / trowels / seeders / processors / mergers / loaders / conveyors / etc. that I can see myself taking an hour off here and there just to grab some new setup and work the combination of tools to see how they work ingame.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

It’s a fun game, I had to finish it through in one go

Turn the volume up :cabot:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I somehow thought the Doom that came out in 2016 was somehow yet another expansion or remastered version of the last Doom installment I bought (and also the very last game I bought in a box), and I completely forgot that I bought that in two-thousand-loving-four.
So I'm gonna play a little Doom 2016 with a couple of brews later, and slap Doom Eternal on my wish list for now.

Oh boy, I can’t wait to see your reaction :getin:

Just remember that Doom3 was a scared marine wandering through a Martian base that didn’t even duct tape for your flashlight, and Doom2016 is an angry god of vengeance and violence who set out to find those who wronged him :black101:

https://youtu.be/EIK-jg6Uo_I

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

In Doom 3 you’re a marine trying to escape monsters.

In Doom 2016, the monsters are trying to escape you.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrlZ1Yas8PA

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

My favorite Doom theory is that it’s the same marine from 1, 2, and 64, who closed the portal and stayed Hell-side to continue to thrash demons for all eternity. There’s some shenanigans about the 2016 universe not being his original, but some alternate future with a different UAC trying the same poo poo and the demons invade all over again. I think they implied it here and there, mainly by giving the Slayer a rabbit’s foot from his former pet (Daisy).

e: that Daisy info is from Quake Champions.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Duzzy Funlop posted:

It’s a joyous occasion to see a new person introduced to the gleefull slaughter of Doom 2016

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9YINW4CpxQ

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

almost done with my first playthrough of fire emblem: 3 houses

its like a much easier xcom in normal mode. I played with permadeath but at this point theres so many systems to prevent it that it's a non starter at this point.

def going to play through again and check out the other storylines. it's pretty drat intense for a nintendo game, and turn based strategy games just work so dang well on switch.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Somehow I managed to introduce a coworker to steam today. He was completely unfamiliar. Then I showed him the trailer for Goat Simulator.

I might have just ruined his life.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Man you're in for a fuckin treat

Rip and tear until it is done :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

closest i got to that is i showed my daughter a compilation of the terry crews old spice ads and watched her brain break in real time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCchfy4F33M