Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Warthur posted:

This is the closest thing I've found:

"Brotherhood of the Snake" top right. Isn't that the evil cult from Conan the Barbarian?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

Brotherhood of the Snake (no homo)

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Warthur posted:

I'm confused, in Q-universe what's stopped all of these powerful people in charge of hegemonic nations that are nominally involved in this from Order 66ing the rest of the conspiracy and just taking power for themselves? It's just that these giant conspiracy graphs seem to take for granted megalomania and corruption from the top without taking the final step of seizing power with existing state apparatus and just... doing what all of the sheeple thinks that they are already. It just seems like all these nominally corrupt and terrible people are leaving power on the table.

What's the reason?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Complications posted:

I'm confused, in Q-universe what's stopped all of these powerful people in charge of hegemonic nations that are nominally involved in this from Order 66ing the rest of the conspiracy and just taking power for themselves? It's just that these giant conspiracy graphs seem to take for granted megalomania and corruption from the top without taking the final step of seizing power with existing state apparatus and just... doing what all of the sheeple thinks that they are already. It just seems like all these nominally corrupt and terrible people are leaving power on the table.

What's the reason?

i mean from my knowledge of secret societies from various media. they either have invested interest in the system going as is and they probably have 'quiet" power struggles with each other but their is probably some system in place to keep them from going full palpatine/bob page. like i know in the assassins creed series and tie in poo poo, the templars have internal people who take care of morons/assholes who shake the boat to much.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean from my knowledge of secret societies from various media. they either have invested interest in the system going as is and they probably have 'quiet" power struggles with each other but their is probably some system in place to keep them from going full palpatine/bob page. like i know in the assassins creed series and tie in poo poo, the templars have internal people who take care of morons/assholes who shake the boat to much.

The problem of that being that the people and states involved have their own people loyal to them. Their personal retinues aren't likely to stand for this. The conspiracy internal affairs group is presumably going to have less privileged access as far as anybody else knows, with anybody else being most of everybody. Further, the succession of power for a long while was by familial tie, which that internal affairs group can't do much about and liquidating a king won't make a prince more loyal. Less loyal is more probable.

I'm obviously ignoring the whole problem with keeping this kind of conspiracy a secret but that's sort of the basis of this nonsense.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean from my knowledge of secret societies from various media.

so it's the opposite of whatever you said

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Complications posted:

The problem of that being that the people and states involved have their own people loyal to them. Their personal retinues aren't likely to stand for this. The conspiracy internal affairs group is presumably going to have less privileged access as far as anybody else knows, with anybody else being most of everybody. Further, the succession of power for a long while was by familial tie, which that internal affairs group can't do much about and liquidating a king won't make a prince more loyal. Less loyal is more probable.

I'm obviously ignoring the whole problem with keeping this kind of conspiracy a secret but that's sort of the basis of this nonsense.

ususualy the internal police group work for the highest council or some poo poo. idk. this is all stupid bullshit extropolated from shitposts on 4chan/8chan/wherever to make a sad boomer think trump isn't a giant moron.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Q SOURCE
Direct Quotes of Jesus

So Q is the second coming I guess?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
My knowledge of secret societies comes from Johm Wick 2 & 3 and poo poo I just realised why Keanu looks like Jesus in a suit. He's just throwing out the money lenders with really cool choreography. If someone can tell me who The Adjudicator is in the Bible that would be cool cause I already got that Winston is kinda Stan and Charon is self explanatory.

E: my apologies, I started writing this post with different intentions of where it would end up.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TremorX posted:

Q SOURCE
Direct Quotes of Jesus

So Q is the second coming I guess?

No, it's a theorized early Christian collection of Jesus's sayings which was used as a source for the writers of three of the four Gospels.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

No, it's Watford FC footballer Luther Blissett

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the series turned into bitcoing mining for ancient artifacts as their evil plan/assassin's counter plan

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
I'm still a suicidal atheist liberal who hates trump and you know what? I'm comfortable enough with myself to not have to say "no homo".

I think that's a bigger difference between you and me than any of that other stuff you weak poo poo.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I think you’ll find “no homo” is a protective cloud of irony that allows him to disclaim the sentiment as he gives it, creating a superposition that allows mass shooters to take one meaning and him to adopt the opposite in protest, even if he is the shooter.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Dapper_Swindler posted:

oh christ. like i am weirdly shocked loving gilded age snake oil death cures are back now.
It's because no one can afford actual medicine anymore

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

pookel posted:

It's because no one can afford actual medicine anymore

Posts like these are very telling.

Alt med poo poo is usually priced worse than fuckin' unconvered diabetes medication/insulin. People easily end up dumping thousands of bucks a month into it, and even single doses of stuff often costs more than real over the counter stuff.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My prescription anal fissure cream is $36 if you don’t have insurance but I only have to pay a $2.90 copay.

Whereas the healing quartz crystal I jammed up in there was $60.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Looks real nice sitting in the mantle though.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The quartz crystal, not the rear end cream

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Why don't you just make the crystals into creams? Then you got all your bases covered

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

fishmech posted:

Alt med poo poo is usually priced worse than fuckin' unconvered diabetes medication/insulin. People easily end up dumping thousands of bucks a month into it, and even single doses of stuff often costs more than real over the counter stuff.

the scam works because people with medical conditions that are not easily resolved become desperate for hope and grasp at any straw that promises them a shot at a good result

The entire "chronic lyme" voodoo medicine scam is based on this principle, and is milking large numbers of people out of their life savings

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Another Bill posted:

Why don't you just make the crystals into creams? Then you got all your bases covered

Cover the quartz in the cream

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Another Bill posted:

A million f[beep]ing rear end-crystals, Michael!

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Another Bill posted:

You've got the seed of a million dollar idea there, Another Bill.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Another Bill posted:

No, you use your creams to power up the crystal.

edit: no homo

Yngwie Mangosteen fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Sep 18, 2019

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Im listening to the new QAnon Anonymous episode where they attend the 9/11 rally at the National Mall. A woman talks about McDonald’s food having human meat in it.

So how does that factor into all the stories of Trump eating McDonald’s so much and making a big show of serving it to football players. Isn’t all that spun as how he’s a down-to-Earth man of the people who doesn’t care what the lame stream media thinks?

johnoliverwegothim.gif

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

fishmech posted:

"Telling" of what exactly? That our medical system is busted?

Some of this poo poo is expensive, yeah, but generally your basic woo-woo remedy from the health food store is going to cost like $20-$30, and you don't have to pay a $100 copay to see a doctor to prescribe it. Lots of people get sucked into alternative medicine that way. They don't start out paying thousands of bucks, they start out buying a bottle of something homeopathic or herbal instead of going to the doctor.

Anyway, bleach is cheap.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Warthur posted:

Ah yes, the Qabbalah

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

pookel posted:

and you don't have to pay a $100 copay to see a doctor to prescribe it

Yeah it's this, the cost of medicine is way more than the sticker price. keeping up with medical stuff is a lot of investment of a lot of different things. Someone saying "hey, just eat this crystal" is cheaper and more accessible to a lot of people than real medicine, even if it's fake and a scam and costs a ton.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
https://twitter.com/Kidfears99/status/1173907289432084480

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

e: I am a dumbass who completely skipped over the context in which the above tweet was posted lmao

Venomous fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Sep 20, 2019

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

pookel posted:

"Telling" of what exactly? That our medical system is busted?

Some of this poo poo is expensive, yeah, but generally your basic woo-woo remedy from the health food store is going to cost like $20-$30, and you don't have to pay a $100 copay to see a doctor to prescribe it. Lots of people get sucked into alternative medicine that way. They don't start out paying thousands of bucks, they start out buying a bottle of something homeopathic or herbal instead of going to the doctor.

Anyway, bleach is cheap.

Telling that you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

There's real medicines available over the counter already in those pharmacies and most grocery stores. They're cheaper or the same price than buying into the altmed crap. And of course the quack doctors charge massive amounts when you start going to them.

The "cheap" Healthcare for the broke is buying a bunch of generic aspirin or whatever, not stocking up on $50 sugar pills.

Also bleach being cheap is why the people telling people to use bleach as medicine mark that poo poo up like crazy and give it a fancy label, instead of just telling people to buy a gallon of clorox.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I don’t know if this MMS stuff is curing my cancer or not but my anus looks loving glorious.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

bird with big dick posted:

I don’t know if this MMS stuff is curing my cancer or not but my anus looks loving glorious.

In the end, isn't that what most important?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Venomous posted:

Wrong thread?
Just for comparison's sake. Now we have a baseline for insulin, we just need an alt-medicine that is "priced worse".

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Dr Christmas posted:

Im listening to the new QAnon Anonymous episode where they attend the 9/11 rally at the National Mall. A woman talks about McDonald’s food having human meat in it.

So how does that factor into all the stories of Trump eating McDonald’s so much and making a big show of serving it to football players. Isn’t all that spun as how he’s a down-to-Earth man of the people who doesn’t care what the lame stream media thinks?

johnoliverwegothim.gif

Brotherhood of the Snake. please refer to center top right corner of the guide.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

InsertPotPun posted:

Just for comparison's sake. Now we have a baseline for insulin, we just need an alt-medicine that is "priced worse".

Ahh I see you haven't met fishmech before

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

fishmech posted:

Telling that you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

There's real medicines available over the counter already in those pharmacies and most grocery stores. They're cheaper or the same price than buying into the altmed crap. And of course the quack doctors charge massive amounts when you start going to them.

The "cheap" Healthcare for the broke is buying a bunch of generic aspirin or whatever, not stocking up on $50 sugar pills.

Also bleach being cheap is why the people telling people to use bleach as medicine mark that poo poo up like crazy and give it a fancy label, instead of just telling people to buy a gallon of clorox.

God, imagine how much American healthcare would cost if generic asprin wasn't a panacea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Gum posted:

God, imagine how much American healthcare would cost if generic asprin wasn't a panacea

It's not like random sugar pills do anything.