Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Grape posted:

Whoa, deep man.

No, it's not deep at all and not meant to be. It's just when I see "if you do bad things when drunk, you're really bad deep down" I also see an implicit "unlike me, the good person."

Edit: Honestly, I'm not even sure which story we're talking about. I'm pretty wasted right now.

Hellblazer187 fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Sep 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for asking my potential boss to disclose our previous sexual encounters to HR if he is seriously considering working at our firm?

A couple weekends ago, I hooked up with a guy who was in town for work. We spent a wild weekend locked up in his hotel room and I assumed it would’ve been the end of the fling after the weekend.

Turned out he was in town to meet with some executives at our firm for my boss’s position because my boss is retiring. This guy is highly qualified and quite advanced in his career, so I held out hope that maybe he would take up an offer at another place.

Since he left town, he’s been texting me and sending me dick pics. I pretended to be interested to keep the conversation going, so I can suss out whether he is genuinely interested in the position and is serious about coming.

Well, it has become pretty clear that he likes what they’ve offered him and he is serious. So today I texted him asking him telling him 1) we cannot have an ongoing sexual friendship if he is working here and 2) he needs to disclose our previous sexual encounter with HR, especially since he would be in a direct supervisory role.

He was okay with #1 but he was angry about #2. He says he doesn’t want to and isn’t obliged to disclose past relationships. I told him HR is pretty serious about any sort of real or perceived impropriety involving a supervisor and someone under the supervisor’s direct supervision. I explored the reason he didn’t want to disclose. It turns out he has a family and he does not want any gossip from HR reaching his wife and children. He is really pressuring me to keep this hush hush and “let the past stay in the past”.

So yes, I’m shocked (and still in shock) about the family part, but I will deal with it on my own. But am I really unreasonable for demanding that he disclose our past encounter with HR, given the role he will have if he accepts the offer? He’s insisting I’m being dramatic and unreasonable.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

a good reason to not get blackout, then

Exactly. It's extremely dumb and bad to drink to the point of blackout.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA for only paying for university of my children if I find their programs have merit?

I'm 47F, husband is 49M. We have three children: Jack, 26M; Jane, 23F; and Jill 19F.

When Jack went to university, he applied for grants and we paid the remainder. He graduated with no debt. Likewise when Jane went, the same situation applied. Jack went for chemistry, Jane went for kinesiology. Jill finished highschool and took a gap year and is looking to start in January.

We paid for Jack and Jane's school because university here in Ontario is relatively cheap after you account for grants. It's something like $5,000 tuition per year, but they both received anywhere from $3,500 to $4,000 per year in grants and bursaries, with the remainder being loans. Some of these grants were based on academics, but the majority is based on income and other factors. It's very cheap to go to school here because these grants are available to everyone, basically.

But we also paid for them because both my husband and I found their program choices have merit and real world applications. And we were right: Jack went on into pharmacology and makes a pretty penny, Jane got a job right out of school in sports management.

Jill wants to go double majoring in gender studies and asian culture studies. We don't want to pay for it because we think it has little merit and she'll have difficulty finding a job. Why? Some of my friends went for gender studies or sociology or anthropology when I was in school and none of them work in related fields. Some of them don't even work and are SAHMs and didn't work inbetween school and becoming SAHMs. Nothing against SAHMs but Jill claims she is career oriented and thinks this will be her career when both my husband and I don't think it'll work out.

She already got quotes for her government grants/loans and her final cost is going to be only $1,500/yr or so. She lives at home: this is something she can reasonably pay off saving a little here and there in just a couple of months. If she was determined, she could pay off her yearly loans in a single month. Even at a minimum wage job.

We want her to have the experience of having to work for school so she can rethink her major. If she has to work to go to school, she'll realize it's not as simple as she thinks and she'll become more interested in a major that can actually make her some money.

Are we the assholes?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Lady you have blackmail material on the person who decides your bonuses what are you doing

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

WIBTA for only paying for university of my children if I find their programs have merit?

Or, "How to alienate your youngest child and make them despise their siblings"

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
https://twitter.com/sixbrownchicks/status/1174500681794969600?s=21

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

loving yes give it to me :discourse:

it's 2019 lady, phones automatically backup photos to the cloud, come on.

although I do appreciate the stone cold "my husband is obese and he is the reason our kids are too"

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
*bashful eyelids, sexy voice* hey honey, can you maybe save me from this house fire

*cranky* not tonight, I'm tired.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
She's really trying to frame "I told my elderly neighbour to run into a fire to save the guy I specifically left in there in favour of shoes" as heroic good lord

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
"MILDRED GET YOUR FAT rear end INTO THE INFERNO OR MY KIDS ARE DEAD" I scream while sprinting down the street with my gaming PC. Songs will be sung of my great deeds

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for exposing my brothers recent Tinder account?

Yesterday my brother (21M) and his Fiancé (20F) engaged for 9 months, stormed into the house after one of 20F’s friends found a Tinder account of (21M) with recent photos. Originally I stayed out of it as it really isn’t my business however I went downstairs and asked them to quiet down. Then they asked me for my opinion in which i said if you want to prove he made it check his email. My brother looks back at me in disbelief and his gf smiles and says sure. Sure enough he has emails saying he’s matched with people and now they aren’t on speaking terms.

My brother has said that I am a dick for getting involved. But I felt like if he was innocent he could’ve proved it then. So AITA?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Hellblazer187 posted:

No, it's not deep at all and not meant to be. It's just when I see "if you do bad things when drunk, you're really bad deep down" I also see an implicit "unlike me, the good person."

Edit: Honestly, I'm not even sure which story we're talking about. I'm pretty wasted right now.
It's more like if you use alcohol as an excuse, imo. If you know you behave badly when drunk that's on you to regulate, but in stories like this people always tried to brush it under the rug with 'well it's the ALCOHOL'.

Sometimes nasty behavior while drunk reveals an unpleasant truth about a person while sober, sometimes it's just people being dumb, but either way that's up for the person to regulate by not getting that drunk.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oh no my fiance who Im attempting to cheat on left me before it would be financially damaging for her to do so.

Brother needs to send a thank you letter and olive garden pasta pass (for one) to his little brother

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm really getting a new appreciation for the Gravity Falls joke for a first date that goes full Five Nights At Freddy's because his anime waifu broke out of the dating sim and wants to kill you is still not as bad as a date with a magician.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Me [20 F] broke up with my ex-boyfriend [25 M] of 6 months because of a magician[kind of long. sorry.]

So about a year ago I met this guy named Adam at a Japanese pop Note that I'm horrible at telling this story because it's so bizarre in my opinion but bare with me

culture convention in my home state. He was walking around the Saturday evening of this con doing random magic and poking people with a squeaker toy, he was being weird. So we talked for a while, found out he's a Batman fanatic like myself and then we went our separate ways.

Flash forward about 4 or 5 more months: In October of 2013 I was working in a haunted house and met matt, we hit it off almost immediately. Mind you that he wasn't the greatest looking guy and was 25 and still lived at home with his grandparents. We made plans throughout our relationship to cosplay as Harley Quinn[Arkham Asylum] and joker because we thought it would be cute. So a few months before this convention I run into Adam on Facebook of all places in the Tekkoshocon group. He had been drunk I suppose and thought his friend Zerker posted about his cosplay when it was actually MY friend Zack. We started talking and I started falling for him. We talked about everything and anything. I'd hate to admit that my original intentions were to hit and run but the more I stuck around and talked to him the more I was stuck on him. It felt like he filled spaces someone else couldn't. [excuse my sappiness]

So, for weeks we talked, mostly texted, about hanging at the con and catching up. My boyfriend matt at the time was needless to say did not like that I got along so well with Adam. I'd also like to point out that for a while before I started talking to Adam, Matt and I were always getting into stupid fights and he was beginning to become abusive sexually/physically and verbally. I was honestly afraid to even try to leave because of the things he had done already.

By the time the actual day of the convention came around I was in love with Adam. I wanted to be with him but couldn't because of Matt. I was convinced my fate was sealed because of my cowardliness. So the first day of the con we all hung out, it was Adam, Matt, Adam's buddy Ethan and my buddy Josh. The second I saw Adam I wanted to kiss him and show everyone how much he meant to me, but I couldn't. So luckily Matt had a doctors appointment that day that couldn't be canceled and had to leave for a few hours. In that Duration of time Adam and I talked, I talked to Ethan for advice and Ethan gave me that push I needed/wanted to break up with matt.

When Matt finally came back, I asked him if we could talk. He asked right there in front of everyone what it was about and I just looked at him like "I think you know.." and he got mad said "come here.." and pulled me by the arm to a corner where no one would see. My friend Josh wasn't going to let anything bad happen, so the three of them followed us and stood close by while we "talked". I broke it off and he tried to force josh and I to go home, because he was our ride for the weekend, we live an hour from the city normally.

Adam saw josh arguing with matt and decided to intervene and basically told him how it was. He protected what was his. So far I think the best magic trick he's done was make my ex disappear.

tl;dr: I was in an abusive relationship, an old friend came and picked up the pieces of what was left and made me happy where he never could and still does.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

this is definitely a repost, but while we're on the subject of magicians:

Hate my (29/f) fiancee's (52/m) million dollar dream house full of magic-themed decor. What do I do?

Hi Reddit, this is my first time posting here. I found this forum after looking for advice elsewhere on the web. Hope you guys can help me out!

My fiancee and I met about a 1.5 years ago and fell in love pretty immediately. Everything about this guy is great. No relationship problems worth mentioning here.

About my fiancee "Paul" -- he is well-known in his field (famous, you could say). For the sake of this post, because it's what I came across while researching this "problem," let's just say he's a famous magician. It's actually not too far off from my fiancee's actual job. Think similar theatrics involved. The point is, it's a career that not many get to the top of. He did and he should be so proud.

So, as you can imagine, being a magician is not really job, it's an identity. Everything in my fiancee's house, which he purchased and remodeled before we met, is custom-made to his magician tastes/interests. We're talking custom-made "throne-esque" chairs hand-carved with specific birds on them, weird sculptures all over the yard, an entire library of magic books and magic artifacts collected over many, many years, etc.

Let's not stop at the furniture! Even the refrigerator handles were custom-fabricated to look like 1900's magic accessories owned by one of his magic heroes. This level of detail extends through the entire. House. I really mean it when I say that not one detail was spared. Even the toilets are custom.

I am very easy-going and I 100% support my fiancee's love of his job/interest. Obviously, this is partially what attracted me -- the passion.

But I can't live in Harry Potter's castle forever.

I am wondering how I can tactfully bring this up -- the possibly of, after we're married, creating some more "neutral" spaces in the house that also feel like mine. I'll be honest, right now I feel like I'm at a constant sleepover at a museum.

Ideally, I would love for the house to be more Restoration Hardware-esque, but I realize this is not going to happen and probably isn't realistic or fair, since he's the one who worked to become so successful that he could afford all this stuff. It would crush him to get rid of all the things that remind him of his passion. I mean, don't get me wrong, the house is amazing...but it feels like it's literally a toy store, or a theme park or something.

So, I'm torn. First, how I bring up this difficult conversation (he is someone who is very sensitive and will 100% take this personally) that I don't like his house (he thinks I love it, because I was in awe when I first walked in), and also, how much is too much to ask him to change, given that our amazing lives are possibly because of his success in this field.

tldr: My fiancee's house looks like Harry Potter world. How do I go about asking him to change it?

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Trigger warning for any mums itt

AITA for telling my SO he'll need to limit gym time after baby?

quote:

I'm currently 6 weeks pregnant and have a 15 month old. This pregnancy is a surprise and honestly, I wasn't sure we should have another, because we had a rough go with our first. During the newborn phase, I was SO exhausted. I was breastfeeding, baby had colic, I was in pain with 3 2nd degree tears, etc. I do not easily fall asleep, so after waking up with the baby at night, it would typically take me another 30 minutes to fall back asleep, and I was roughly getting 2.5 hours of sleep a night for a good 3-5 weeks (it's all a blur now).

My hubby had cut back his gym time once the baby was here, but was still going 3-5 times during the week. He would silently be ticked if I asked him to not go to the gym. I truly think he thought he was really pulling his own weight (he'd help with the bath, would feed her bottles, change diapers, etc.). But sometimes, that "help" wasn't enough. Sometimes, I NEEDED another adult to talk to and to lend me a hand in the evenings. Example: one Saturday I got up to pump. They were both awake (8:00am). He said he was going to head to the gym since I was awake, and I started crying saying "please, can you let me sleep a little bit more- she was up all night and I got maybe three hours or so of sleep" and he got pissed since he had already gotten up with her that morning and let me "sleep in." I told him that it must be nice to even have the ENERGY to go to the gym. The ONLY thing I wanted to be able to do was sleep. I got the response "I'm sorry you hate being a mom!"

Now that I'm pregnant again, I mentioned to my hubs "if I thought the last time was really hard and overwhelming, how the hell am I supposed to get through it while also having a 23 month old?" I told him this meant he was going to have to help out more and probably not go to the gym as much. Well, he did not receive this kindly. He texted me the next day "Just to be clear, I feel like I do a lot. I will not be able to help out with daycare, as I drive a work truck and cannot have another passenger in my car. I will continue to go to the gym, because health is important to me and I need to go to relieve stress. The reason you're so stressed is because you choose to hold and entertain our daughter all the time, while I think it's ok to let her cry if she's bored. You need to think about if you want this baby. "

I loving lost it.

I said "I cannot believe you would rather me have an abortion than make any more sacrifices regarding your gym time." But he is adamant that I am the selfish one

ETA: Hub left work early today to get his work out in so he could be home with us this evening. He picked up dinner, helped feed the baby, played with her outside & is giving her a bath now. This is DEF not the norm, but I think maybe he’s realized what an rear end he’s been. Still need to have a convo, probably with a counselor, but, things are looking up?

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Straight White Shark posted:

the best part of the restaurant for magicians is

the gimmick only works if nobody actually knows about it, but the gimmick also only works if people know that it's there

also, it's a date restaurant that you can never take the same person to twice.

Yes, I was wondering how he was planning to advertise this restaurant to men while keeping women, who also consume advertising media, completely in the dark. But presumably he's way past the point where just mentioning an obvious huge flaw will make him think again.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Xik posted:

Trigger warning for any mums itt

AITA for telling my SO he'll need to limit gym time after baby?

Can't you take babies to the gym? Hang a bassinet from a weight bar and play some Sesame Street

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm a dad and that triggers me.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I'm getting in on the... top floor of the freezer cat discussion, but wanted to make 2 points:
- OP was a woman, not a man. I guess the video games really got people
- she could have tried to refuse, but recall a very similar story where a neighbor got refused, and instead of taking the child, the mom just left the kid at the front door, leaving it to that OP to let them in or call the cops

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Sadly the magic restaurant post has now been removed

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

kimbo305 posted:

I'm getting in on the... top floor of the freezer cat discussion, but wanted to make 2 points:
- OP was a woman, not a man. I guess the video games really got people
- she could have tried to refuse, but recall a very similar story where a neighbor got refused, and instead of taking the child, the mom just left the kid at the front door, leaving it to that OP to let them in or call the cops

Yeah, when people dump kids on you without warning you don't really have good options.

Depends on the kid, too. Even relatively well-adjusted 8 year olds can do very dumb things when left unsupervised because they're just big and smart enough to figure out how to do things while still not mature enough to know any better. Though if I was left with video games and a cat I'd be happy and not need to freeze the cat when there's petting to be done.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

dudeness posted:

For real though ladies, if you were on a date and the guy tore up the menu and then magically reconstructed it in front of you would that be a turn on or a major turn on?

I would assume he was sick in the head for destroying the restaurant's property like that

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I’m just imagining the guy opening this restaurant and then spending more and more of his time on Yelp trying to get reviews that reveal the gimmick taken down

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

Sadly the magic restaurant post has now been removed

Cant wait till it comes back to reveal the secrets behind the post.

(Id eat there)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

of course someone’s personality changes after years of alcoholism/bingeing. I am more talking about when someone gets blackout and does something like try to make out with their friend or screams racial slurs and then tries to weasel out of it by saying they were drunk and “that’s not me, I would never do that!” yeah, you wouldn’t sober, because you were restraining yourself. but if that’s what you do when your inhibitions are removed, that’s what you are deep down

the last time i got blackout drunk i staggered to the tv and played some game on the xbox until i passed out face first

i only technically remember playing the game, because by the time i sobered up and got some greasy rear end hillbilly food in me to get my nutrients balanced out, i realized i had progressed through four or five story missions

so that's me when my inhibitions are removed, who i am deep down, play games without knowing i'm doing it and i'm not half bad at it

kru
Oct 5, 2003

of course someone’s personality changes after years of alcoholism/bingeing. I am more talking about when someone gets blackout and does something like try to make out with their friend or screams racial slurs and then tries to weasel out of it by saying they were drunk and “that’s not me, I would never do that!” yeah, you wouldn’t sober, because you were restraining yourself. but if that’s what you do when your inhibitions are removed, that’s what you are deep down

This is 100% false - theres a ton of complex biology going on when someone is hammered. 'This is what you are' is a ridiculously reductive way to look at the extremely complex processes at work.

People do a bunch of extremely odd things when drunk - can't find their way home, unable to regulate bowels etc. The idea that when in that state they also understand what is good/bad/insulting/etc or are imparting some sort of deep feeling instead of loose memory and random input is just wrong.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Boyfriend (21M) suddenly switched football teams and I (21F) am seriously considering leaving over this

quote:

Boyfriend and I have been together for nearly 2 years. The relationship is great and he’s a very good boyfriend. We are both very into football (soccer) and it is kind of a big deal where we live. We don’t support the same clubs but he’s really into it and puts a lot of money and time on his team.

Recently though the team hasn’t been doing well and last week he got so pissed he actually said he would switch teams and start supporting the rivals. I thought it was a joke until he gave away all of his old team’s stuff and showed up in a brand new rival’s jersey.

I asked him whether he was going mental and he just said he was done supporting a shite club with rubbish players. Mind you that he was an avid stadium goer, paid membership, was a fan his whole life. And now this comes completely out of the blue.

The thing is, I have been thinking and I don’t think I trust him anymore. I think this was an overreaction to his team not doing well and I’m concerned with how easily he switched teams. I mean he had spent a good portion of his life supporting this team and now it’s just.. gone. Because he got pissed. I’m wondering, if I piss him off, how quickly will he leave? 2 years is nothing compared to 20 years of devotion, right?

My question is: am I overreacting or is this really a sign that he cannot be trusted?

TL;DR: boyfriend got mad at the team he’s been a fan of for his whole life, switched to supporting the rivals and I guess I don’t trust him anymore. I’m afraid he’ll treat me like this if I ever piss him off. Am I overreacting?

Maybe he's not the ManU thought he was.

:downsrim:

kru
Oct 5, 2003

LadyPictureShow posted:

Boyfriend (21M) suddenly switched football teams and I (21F) am seriously considering leaving over this

:hellyeah:

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'm with her, break up with this disloyal prick. Switching teams is bad enough, but to their rivals and not just some glory hunter's club like Man City or Liverpool? That's even worse.

EDIT: apparently this is in Brazil, this dude's gonna get murdered by some ultras from his previous team so it all works out in the end

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
imagine a girl taken on a date to magicians restaurant. she smiles and makes small talk. when her date turns the conversation to magic, she’s intrigued. when he produces a pack of cards and finds hers, she laughs and claps a little.

Then he tears the menu and she’s a little nonplussed. He bends a spoon and she’s thinking ok, enough, let’s get on to the date. He starts talking about levitation and she looks around in mounting horror. There, at the next table... a man pulls a length of colored scarves from the water pitcher. Two tables down, a man hands his date a bouquet from his sleeve. At the table beyond that, a woman digs into her cod fillet and finds the ace of spades.

our heroine’s eyes go wide and she bites back a scream

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Whorelord posted:

EDIT: apparently this is in Brazil, this dude's gonna get murdered by some ultras from his previous team so it all works out in the end

Hmm, risking your life to owngoal your previous favorite team. Can't see a downside.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Yeah, when people dump kids on you without warning you don't really have good options.

Depends on the kid, too. Even relatively well-adjusted 8 year olds can do very dumb things when left unsupervised because they're just big and smart enough to figure out how to do things while still not mature enough to know any better. Though if I was left with video games and a cat I'd be happy and not need to freeze the cat when there's petting to be done.

8 year olds are mature enough to know that a cat will die if it freezes, and what death is. And to know right and wrong more generally.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

STEM was a mistake

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I'm 47F, husband is 49M. We have three children: Jack, 26M; Jane, 23F; and Jill 19F.

When Jack went to university, he applied for grants and we paid the remainder. He graduated with no debt. Likewise when Jane went, the same situation applied. Jack went for chemistry, Jane went for kinesiology. Jill finished highschool and took a gap year and is looking to start in January.

We paid for Jack and Jane's school because university here in Ontario is relatively cheap after you account for grants. It's something like $5,000 tuition per year, but they both received anywhere from $3,500 to $4,000 per year in grants and bursaries, with the remainder being loans. Some of these grants were based on academics, but the majority is based on income and other factors. It's very cheap to go to school here because these grants are available to everyone, basically.

But we also paid for them because both my husband and I found their program choices have merit and real world applications. And we were right: Jack went on into pharmacology and makes a pretty penny, Jane got a job right out of school in sports management.

Jill wants to go double majoring in gender studies and asian culture studies. We don't want to pay for it because we think it has little merit and she'll have difficulty finding a job. Why? Some of my friends went for gender studies or sociology or anthropology when I was in school and none of them work in related fields. Some of them don't even work and are SAHMs and didn't work inbetween school and becoming SAHMs. Nothing against SAHMs but Jill claims she is career oriented and thinks this will be her career when both my husband and I don't think it'll work out.

She already got quotes for her government grants/loans and her final cost is going to be only $1,500/yr or so. She lives at home: this is something she can reasonably pay off saving a little here and there in just a couple of months. If she was determined, she could pay off her yearly loans in a single month. Even at a minimum wage job.

We want her to have the experience of having to work for school so she can rethink her major. If she has to work to go to school, she'll realize it's not as simple as she thinks and she'll become more interested in a major that can actually make her some money.

Are we the assholes?

just read the title out loud to yourself dude

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
"I'm concerned that my daughter's career path will cause her financial hardship that her siblings won't have to face. To fix this, I'm giving them money instead of her."

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I'd be a little more sympathetic in the US version of that story where every number has an extra zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Waiting for the reveal that the youngest daughter is gay or something and it totally has nothing to do with it guys