Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

I. M. Gei posted:

I meant that I’m wondering if a cop should try to track them down irl. I’m sure the police know people that can do that.

The police are aware of the death threats, and were part of how the judge was notified about them. Death threats against public officials are taken real seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I'm wondering how you prove conflict of interest or malpractice from this. Vic, Nick and Ty all being taken to the cleaners would be an ideal outcome, but I don't know how we get there from here.

If I were Vic or just had more interest in getting ppl in trouble, you could just complain to the state bar that Nic practices or is barred in.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

I. M. Gei posted:

Can cops, like... track this reaVer guy down irl or something? I mean, obviously someone CAN...... but I’m wondering if someone should actually try to, if for no other reason than so police can keep an eye on him.

Christ. It’s times like this that I really wish I knew how to doxx people.

(DISCLAIMER: I am not encouraging goons to doxx somebody, please don’t doxx people, I don’t want to get probed or banned, tia)

Don't doxx people.

That being said, I'm sure the police are capable of doing so if they need to. Mind you, that wouldn't really be doxxing. That would be the police doing an investigation into a death threat levied against a public officer. Which is taken very seriously under the law, especially in these times.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Seriously I can't believe it ever has to be said: DON'T gently caress WITH JUDGES

THEY WILL SKULLFUCK YOUR ENTIRE LIFE

It doesn't matter if you're not in their jurisdiction, they'll call on *other* judges to skullfuck you for them! They have that kind of reach and influence, ALL OF THEM

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Flytrap posted:

Seriously I can't believe it ever has to be said: DON'T gently caress WITH JUDGES

THEY WILL SKULLFUCK YOUR ENTIRE LIFE

It doesn't matter if you're not in their jurisdiction, they'll call on *other* judges to skullfuck you for them! They have that kind of reach and influence, ALL OF THEM

Yeah, but since this involves anime the judge is going to be too busy dealing with the yakuza.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think chuds sending death threats to judges and not realizing they actually can receive consequences for their online harassment is the best.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, but since this involves anime the judge is going to be too busy dealing with the yakuza.
I was still kinda baffled by whoever tweeted that. Like yeah, Yakuzas do have a stake in a bunch of things regarding the entertainment industry in Japan and they're usually not to be trifled with if you try and mess with their turf, but... like, they're probably gonna be more prone to be involved with Idol Units or Boy Bands instead of having the back of a creepy Texan pushing sixty.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 19, 2019

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
its a variant of saying you have cool black friends who are gangbangers, except sadder

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I think they've watched too many movies and bought into the hype too much. Obviously you shouldn't mess with organized crime but the Yakuza are hardly unstoppable killing machines.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
The judge should post pictures of them all

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

The dude who made the yakuza threats posted a video of himself and uh... I really don't want to sound like an rear end in a top hat, but he was special.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1174473195581300736?s=19

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

From page 4 it almost sounds like the hearing happened because of the threats, like the judge is trying to get the situation deescalated

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

From reading the entire thing, that seems exactly whats happened. People are making death threats and the judge wants to just get the case done so they can move on

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Namtab posted:

From page 4 it almost sounds like the hearing happened because of the threats, like the judge is trying to get the situation deescalated

That's my takeaway on it so far.

Also the claims against Marchi are still dismissed, despite what Screech says.

Edit: The judge is clearly taking the threats seriously.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

This makes it seem seem pretty clear that hes going to dismiss everything if they can't come to an agreement, but would prefer that they settle this so it doesn't drag on in appeals for years and continue ruling up the Vicstans making death threats.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Saw this in the comments and it just continues to show how big of a shithead Beard is.
https://twitter.com/StaunchoGrande/status/1174479152730267649?s=20

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Piell posted:

This makes it seem seem pretty clear that hes going to dismiss everything if they can't come to an agreement, but would prefer that they settle this so it doesn't drag on in appeals for years and continue ruling up the Vicstans making death threats.

I mean much as id like to see him dismiss the rest of the charges nothing hes said there really indicates what he'll do with the rest, and obviously jamie is included because vic can still appeal the decision.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Alan Smithee posted:

The judge should post pictures of them all

I wish he would. Oh God I wish he would.

mallratcal posted:

The dude who made the yakuza threats posted a video of himself and uh... I really don't want to sound like an rear end in a top hat, but he was special.

:justpost: the video

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

In the nicest way can we not get bogged down in making fun of the way that anime fans look or present. Maybe stick to the case.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Namtab posted:

I mean much as id like to see him dismiss the rest of the charges nothing hes said there really indicates what he'll do with the rest, and obviously jamie is included because vic can still appeal the decision.

This reads to me like he's planning on dismissing everything.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
sending death threats to a judge just because I love Edward Elric (and hate women) THAT MUCH

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Anyone who posts death threats at innocent sexual assault/rape victims forfeits their right not to be outed and made fun of on the internet.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Piell posted:

This reads to me like he's planning on dismissing everything.

Reads to me more that hes aware that vic's side is probably going to appeal anyway, hence why jamie is included in this.

Then again, we're both trying to second guess the intent of a guy we never met.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Can't find the post, but I remember someone in one of the threads said something about to even GO to appeals you have to put up enough cash up front, and that amount is based on how much you're worth. Vic would apparently have to pay about a million bucks to even begin trying to appeal.

I true then I can see him not bothering, since he already wasn't willing to pony up the cash to do this in the first place.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

So conjecture is fun and I'll throw my hat in the ring.

The Hon. Judge Chupp is WAY more online than he is letting on. Someone up-thread mentioned this already... but I ask you for a second to look at the case, and think about what's not there. An explanation of twitter. An explanation of retweeting. Dude is not an idiot. So he's not.... threatened personally per se by the vile being thrown his way.

No this is a warning.

First off it's a warning to all the parties what hell they're going to have to go through if the case keeps lumbering on.

Second it's a warning to ty and co that he knows what's going on here, and they better pay attention.

And Third it's signaling to the internet that "Hey look the sheriff is looking at these" to prevent idiot Vicstans from committing suicide by sheriff unwittingly.

Vic has one more chance not to bollocks this up royally.

IMO.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Flytrap posted:

Can't find the post, but I remember someone in one of the threads said something about to even GO to appeals you have to put up enough cash up front, and that amount is based on how much you're worth. Vic would apparently have to pay about a million bucks to even begin trying to appeal.

I true then I can see him not bothering, since he already wasn't willing to pony up the cash to do this in the first place.

You just pay your lawyer to keep working on your case. It's not a bond hearing or something.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I. M. Gei posted:

I wish he would. Oh God I wish he would.

:justpost: the video

Sadly it vanished when twitter suspended his account after posting a ton of death threats.

Edit: Apparently he was the dude that got kicked out of a con for calling Marchi a liar during a Q&A.

mallratcal fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Sep 19, 2019

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Namtab posted:

Reads to me more that hes aware that vic's side is probably going to appeal anyway, hence why jamie is included in this.

Then again, we're both trying to second guess the intent of a guy we never met.

For what it's worth, Doucette thinks this indicates full dismissal as well.
https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1174503201263050752
https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1174504717084442624
https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1174507545391718400

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

mallratcal posted:

Sadly it vanished when twitter suspended his account after posting a ton of death threats.

Edit: Apparently he was the dude that got kicked out of a con for calling Marchi a liar during a Q&A.

What the hell, I already got that guy banned like two months ago :mad:

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

codenameFANGIO posted:

What the hell, I already got that guy banned like two months ago :mad:

Seriously? :roflolmao: He was making these rambling posts about how he had been kicked off twitter, and how that was the first time he had been attacked, and if it happened again he was going to start stabbing people with his sword.

So consider yourself warned!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I. M. Gei posted:

Anyone who posts death threats at innocent sexual assault/rape victims forfeits their right not to be outed and made fun of on the internet.
when you make fun of a lovely person for their appearance you're hurting good people who have the same flaws in their appearance. like if some shithead is balding at 22 and you dunk on him for it yeah it feels good for a second but imagine how it feels for dudes who are also balding at 22 and are really self-conscious and hurt by it but don't hate women.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I mean yeah but when a Chud looks like a Chud it’s like *chefs kiss*

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

I mean yeah but when a Chud looks like a Chud it’s like *chefs kiss*
that is society telling you that those who look unattractive have less human value and worth even though a lot of the people who actually finance these political ideologies in a super meaningful way are attractive young people of money

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Mall ninja MGTOW: nature or nurture

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

Mall ninja MGTOW: nature or nurture

https://imgur.com/a/pUDBJCs

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

mallratcal posted:

Seriously? :roflolmao: He was making these rambling posts about how he had been kicked off twitter, and how that was the first time he had been attacked, and if it happened again he was going to start stabbing people with his sword.

So consider yourself warned!!

I’ll uh keep an eye out lol

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Endorph posted:

that is society telling you that those who look unattractive have less human value and worth even though a lot of the people who actually finance these political ideologies in a super meaningful way are attractive young people of money

:yeah: Reproducing harmful behavior to criticize harmful behavior just doesn't improve the situation in the long run. And the whole notion of people "looking like a xy" has some pretty uncomfortable roots in phrenology and physiognomy.
It's a bit of a different matter when you make fun of how people actively present themselves, since that's about choices they made. For instance, I'd say it's pretty fair to laugh at Milo Yiannopoulos' bleached-hair-and-sunglasses look.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
Also worth remembering the most heinous (and ergo funny) part about these people are their reprehensible morals. Turning it into dunking on poo poo they can't help instead of the poo poo they can is pretty grody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
Comedy Gold: thinking you have the moral high ground because you are Edward Elric or Edward Elric's Lawyer of a fan of either and using this opportunity to self own in hilarious and expensive ways.
Not Funny: not being conventionally attractive and getting laughed at over it because its "aimed at bad people" or whatever