Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Oh I get it, it's Mystic because it's reminiscent of Mystical Tutor.

Keep in mind that you should treat this as a tapland as far as tempo goes, since it's going to be coming in tapped in the phase of the game where that's critically important. But being able to tutor up a key spell later in the game could be enough to make that worthwhile?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Garruk Unleashed

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

flatluigi posted:

instant speed overrun and a monogreen draw a bunch card stapled together is pretty sweet

I didn't realize the instant speed. That makes it a bit better, but it'd be nice if it were a true overrun rather than just the pump. It's possible that there will be a solid G(b) deck that utilizes all the big fatties we've seen up to now as well as the ones that are available, and in that kind of deck this would be solid.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

It seems very good in the less interactive matches and very bad in the more interactive matches.

You are seriously underestimating how powerful instant overrun effects are in limited, even against interactive decks.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
There's a bit of tension in the card, because the inspire effect (pump your team, but no trample) wants you to go wide, but the card draw wants you to go tall.

I guess what it really wants is a bunch of rampy mana dorks that the pump turns into real threats.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

YggdrasilTM posted:

You are seriously underestimating how powerful instant overrun effects are in limited, even against interactive decks.

I am seriously not evaluating the card for limited.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Spoiler

https://twitter.com/AffinityForBlue/status/1174704547408875521?s=19

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/MTGGoldfish/status/1174694093085171714?s=19

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Jabor posted:

There's a bit of tension in the card, because the inspire effect (pump your team, but no trample) wants you to go wide, but the card draw wants you to go tall.

I guess what it really wants is a bunch of rampy mana dorks that the pump turns into real threats.

It would be pretty hilarious to run this in a mono green deck with 4 of the goose bop on the battlefield for an aerial assault.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

If I open this as my prerelease foil, I guess I have to play my entire pool.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
There are eight card types, seven if you don't count Tribal.

It says six so you can get away without a planeswalker in limited, it seems.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Tainen posted:

This seems super strong

My eyes must be hosed because I keep seeing certain commons from this set as rares.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

InterrupterJones posted:

Should’ve given it flying and vigilance.

loving :lol:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Rinkles posted:

My eyes must be hosed because I keep seeing certain commons from this set as rares.

I just look at the collectors number for CURM since it's so arbitrary whether an expansion symbol is black or white or grey.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

LifeLynx posted:

If I open this as my prerelease foil, I guess I have to play my entire pool.

Not sure you'll get a happy ending

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Lone Goat posted:

I just look at the collectors number for CURM since it's so arbitrary whether an expansion symbol is black or white or grey.

Hehe curm

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

AnEdgelord posted:

Garruk was always my favorite green walker so I hope we see more of him

Me too.

Land
Land Fertile Ground
Land Garruk
Violent Ultimatum.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

AlternateNu posted:

Hasty mono-B creature. Mah color pie!

Hey look a decent reason to have Food tokens.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I need a copy of that card with Bob Kraft’s O face on it.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Already trying to figure out potential Happily Ever After combo decks with all the colored artifacts and artifact creatures and hybrid cards they're printing in ELD. Arcanist's Owl seems like a good fit.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

I like the recurring haste one more. Indestructible is nice but it's a lot of mana and it's too expensive to play and protect on the same turn. With some incidental lifegain you get the best part of indestructible and meaningful damage from hand (just being able to threaten 4 hasty damage is enough to hamstring an opponent sometimes)

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

You can theoretically make Azorius Happily Ever After. Arcanist's Owl, Resolute Rider, Loch Dragon, Oakhame Ranger, plus whatever UW instants, sorceries, and/or Planeswalkers you want.

Edit: Actually if the deck were Esper, just milling yourself and assembling the combo via Command The Dreadhorde would make things a lot easier. The only tricky part would be the life requirement.

Edit 2: vvvvv OH gently caress YES

qbert fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 19, 2019

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
sphinx of the guildpact is still legal in standard

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

flatluigi posted:

sphinx of the guildpact is still legal in standard

So Sphinx + Happily Ever After + 2 out of 3 (I assume you have land out) Instant/Sorcery/Planeswalker in play or graveyard = win? So Ashiok yourself to get the type requirements easily in your yard seems like a good route.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
happily ever sphincter

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Kurtofan posted:

happily ever sphincter

Rings ambiguous.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

qbert posted:

You can theoretically make Azorius Happily Ever After. Arcanist's Owl, Resolute Rider, Loch Dragon, Oakhame Ranger, plus whatever UW instants, sorceries, and/or Planeswalkers you want.

Edit: Actually if the deck were Esper, just milling yourself and assembling the combo via Command The Dreadhorde would make things a lot easier. The only tricky part would be the life requirement.

Edit 2: vvvvv OH gently caress YES

might as well make all the hybrid cards the same colour so you you're not required to have both wwww and uuuu. mostly blue for self mill and splash for Happily seems like a better core.

the hardest part will be getting your life high enough while you're loving around with getting all this nonsense into play.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Tainen posted:

This seems super strong

The loop with Cryptic Command is interesting, this probably sees 1 copy in Modern UW. It's fetchable.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Lone Goat posted:

might as well make all the hybrid cards the same colour so you you're not required to have both wwww and uuuu. mostly blue for self mill and splash for Happily seems like a better core.

the hardest part will be getting your life high enough while you're loving around with getting all this nonsense into play.

It would depend on the creatures in the deck, but lifelink creatures and Loxodon Lifechanter seems like a good way to gain a huge boost of life.

Edit: You could also cast Happily Ever After, bounce it with Teferi, and recast to gain 10 life.

qbert fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Sep 19, 2019

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib

Tainen posted:

This seems super strong

Seems real crazy in Miracles Modern

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I'm not like going hysterical about it or anything but that blue land seems really good, I like it a lot. I'm sure this of course means the card will do nothing

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Looks like Collector's boxes/packs are going to be nice and affordable

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/282616

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Being able to fetch Mystic Sanctuary on your upkeep prior to a draw seems hell of good. I'll definitely be trying one out in Mill over one of my other non-basic "Islands"

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Tainen posted:

This seems super strong

Yeah this seems just really good. Cryptic your spell, bounce my land, play my land, get my cryptic. I have demonstrated a lööp

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Skyl3lazer posted:

Yeah this seems just really good. Cryptic your spell, bounce my land, play my land, get my cryptic. I have demonstrated a lööp

As long as they don’t play 2 spells in a turn it’s unbeatable!

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Looks like Collector's boxes/packs are going to be nice and affordable

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/282616

12 packs
Lamo

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

:captainpop:

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Price bodes well.

Yoked
Apr 3, 2007

I just realized that blue land is fetchable!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Yeah. They're going for $350-400 per box on eBay. loving lol.