Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Shut up Meg posted:

You should do what I did: get them all tattooed on your arm so you can quickly and easily check to make sure you aren't accidentally using them.

That's a good idea. What i'll do is organize them by size, with the most offensive being the largest so i can rapidly identify them to prevent this kind of mistake in the future. I'll be sure that none of them are too small, i don't want anything to be missed out.

Shut up Meg posted:

The only downside is that I keep getting punched in the face and no-one will employ me or sleep with me.

Same, but that's down to my lovely personality, lack of skills and serial killer-esque looks.

The racist tats will really finish it all off perfectly. All i need now is a gun and some meth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Mooseykins posted:

Oh, i'm sorry, i must've forgotten to cross check the user's icon against my Encyclopedia of Racist Symbols before i linked a video relevant to someone else's post.

I'll be sure check with you next time. Not that i looked at their icon, let alone knew it was racist.

I think the poster was trying to alert you to something you were unlikely to have noticed, in case you wanted to change your source once you were aware of it? Not that they were alleging you were a racist because of where you linked.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Mooseykins posted:

Oh, i'm sorry, i must've forgotten to cross check the user's icon against my Encyclopedia of Racist Symbols before i linked a video relevant to someone else's post.

I'll be sure check with you next time. Not that i looked at their icon, let alone knew it was racist.

Nah, it's cool, it's 2019 everything is fuckin terrible anyways.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

ChickenHeart posted:

EOD

[...]

Easily the most popular piece of equipment when we do school visits.

:raise:

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Wasabi the J posted:

Nah, it's cool, it's 2019 everything is fuckin terrible anyways.

Just a few more posts like yours, facebook likes and maybe some upvotes and together we can end racism

World isn't so bad man just put the phone down for a while maybe?

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Stephen Pinker parachute account spotted

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Willfrey posted:

Just a few more posts like yours, facebook likes and maybe some upvotes and together we can end racism

World isn't so bad man just put the phone down for a while maybe?

The world is indeed, incredibly bad

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I tried putting down phone. I Work nights.

Neighbor plays drums.

Poorly.
In short:.

shovelbum posted:

The world is indeed, incredibly bad

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Wasabi the J posted:

I tried putting down phone. I Work nights.

Neighbor plays drums.

Poorly.
In short:.

Learn to play the tuba and do some duets.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/lRx8WFN.mp4

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Talk about threading a needle. Either one of them being a few inches closer on center would have made that way worse.

edit: also really shows the importance of safety toe footware. Person on the right there got super lucky with what looks like the stove jumping just mm over their foot.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

The schools invite us, and the dog-and-pony presentations I've been a part of lean more towards "don't mess with stuff that explodes/try wearing this 80-lb. bomb suit" than straight-up recruitment (though the element of raising interest is still there).

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Whuh-holy poo poo. Was that a loving gas stove? Jesus Christ.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Ugh, the lady who brains herself on the freezer door is what keeps puckering my butthole.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

PurpleXVI posted:

Whuh-holy poo poo. Was that a loving gas stove? Jesus Christ.

You have never seen gas ranges/ovens?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
No, I think that was an electric explosion. You can tell by how quickly they grounded themselves.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Moey posted:

Honestly at first I thought something had smashed through the wall behind the loving stove.

In this case I guess I'm just surprised that it's this, uh, limited of a gas explosion if it's a gas stove. I figured the loving thing would've come apart and sent cast-iron shrapnel everywhere. See also why I'll never own any of these loving hell devices.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

PurpleXVI posted:

Honestly at first I thought something had smashed through the wall behind the loving stove.

In this case I guess I'm just surprised that it's this, uh, limited of a gas explosion if it's a gas stove. I figured the loving thing would've come apart and sent cast-iron shrapnel everywhere. See also why I'll never own any of these loving hell devices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5Otla5157c

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
referring to an oven as a hell device is the best poo poo ive read all day

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
As someone who currently has an electric range, I'll take the death factor of going dual fuel when we remodel.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Jonny Nox posted:

Ugh, the lady who brains herself on the freezer door is what keeps puckering my butthole.

Well, you go to your kitchen like any other day and just try to like heat up some soup. You're probably not thinking about watching for karate chops from your fridge immediately after having to turn and run for your life from a sudden exploding stove attack.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Evilreaver posted:

I took suburban "karate" classes back in the day. We did all these drills like blocks and stances and katas that were useless for self defence but good for exercise so :shrug:

One set of drills was to have one guy with a rubber prop knife stab at you and you disarm him, on repeat to perfect the technique and go faster, etc.

Anyway, one of the dojo Masters took a trip to NYC and while there a mugger pulled a knife on him. Automatically, he disarmed the guy, and automatically went to hand the guy his knife back since that was how he drilled. Both parties confused, they parted ways without trouble.

When I took karate we specifically did not hand items back to our opponents during drills. Throw that poo poo in the corner, keep it, use it against them, whatever, just don't hand it back so you don't get into the habit of doing so. We also were instructed not to help each other up when doing throws or grappling, but to take several steps back instead, and had to practice getting up without using our hands. Went to a different dojo once and I'm sure everyone thought I was super rude for stepping back instead of helping people up and refusing their help getting up, but gently caress 'em. I've thankfully never had to use this stuff in a real fight but I don't want to have a duh moment and help a mugger out if I do get attacked.

I do have a really bad habit of trying to catch falling things, though. Had to break that one real quick once I started working in a kitchen, especially since my instinct is to try catching things between my stomach and the counter.. :shobon:

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Nth Doctor posted:

Out of curiosity, I went and found the intersection. There was no sane reason to take a semi through this and attempt a turn.
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7473679,-73.8746658,3a,75y,128.53h,85.05t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sE0WMxGWi-_q4NrwqNeOUsQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192
lol at driving a semi-trailer through Queens.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Moey posted:

As someone who currently has an electric range, I'll take the death factor of going dual fuel when we remodel.

I happily endangered my family by pumping dangerous gases into my house instead of using gentle tickly electrical appliances when I rebuilt because gently caress 'em- I want brownies.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I pump plenty of dangerous gases into the house myself so having a superior gas-fired stove isn't really a huge increase in risk

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Nth Doctor posted:

Out of curiosity, I went and found the intersection. There was no sane reason to take a semi through this and attempt a turn.
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7473679,-73.8746658,3a,75y,128.53h,85.05t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sE0WMxGWi-_q4NrwqNeOUsQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

God I hope that's not actually a truck route. I live on a (residential) corner that's part of a truck route where they routinely come through for similar left turns. Luckily, we don't have people parking on the shoulders. I can't imagine trying to get through there.

Victim blaming: Do New Yorkers routinely park over the Stop line/in the cross walk?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jabor posted:

I pump plenty of dangerous gases into the house myself so having a superior gas-fired stove isn't really a huge increase in risk

:dadjoke::hf::dadjoke:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

they have seconds to turn off the loving gas line... that's what I would be thinking if I were them

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
ITT: we pretend this is before the war and we’re using odourless coal gas.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I dunno if it's been upstream of me at any time, but Hard Coal is a pretty good watch if you have a minute, the life of PA anthracite miners basically doing whatever they can to keep going in the era of lignite and then and bitumen brown coal mining corps kramering in and yelling "WE CAN DO IT CHEAPER!" in east PA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOzmd5aZIzQ

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Mr. Apollo posted:

lol at driving a semi-trailer through Queens.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Moey posted:

I've seen some in American or Soviet television programmes but they usually did not explode.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Kind of looks like the explosion came from behind the stove. Maybe the gas line ruptured when she turned on that front burner?

Goddamn they got lucky

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://i.imgur.com/fYLKJXW.gifv

like, yeah lol people and their phones, but surely this area should be cordoned off with signage. Then maybe the lady could've run into a harmless orange rope or cone or something

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

like, yeah lol people and their phones, but surely this area should be cordoned off with signage. Then maybe the lady could've run into a harmless orange rope or cone or something

We need less warnings, less foam corners less ways for idiots to remain in the gene pool

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It was already cordoned off with the doors there.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

When I have to do repairs to the sidewalk outside my building I'll set out cones to block off the fresh cement or whatever and 100% every time someone will walk between the cones into the work area. When we paint the bollards outside people will 100% every time lean against them despite the cones and caution tape and wet paint signs. You have to put out the cones and put up the signs, of course, but there's a certain number of people for whom anything short of an insurmountable barrier is useless and I think this might be one of those.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

The"doors" were the exact same color and texture as the surrounding sidewalk because they actually are sidewalk. Absolutely should have been cordoned off

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Those are super common in New York City because there's no room for storage except basements, so every business needs to be able to load directly in and out. I recommend against walking on them because sometimes they're old and broken and just collapse inward under you (which happened to a family friend's wife).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Sounds like a great way to win a hefty lawsuit.