Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Chomp8645 posted:

She didn't realize there was a problem until the event was already underway and tried to mitigate it. Unfortunate, but not malicious. NTA.

It would something else if she were still in the planning state and realized "hmm this even won't work for my daughter's black friend.... ah well gently caress it". But with this like, what was she supposed to do? She got caught by an unexpected problem.

On the other hand, "don't you think you're overreacting" to righteously-pissed-off black mom... isn't great. The big fuckup is the makeup company's, no argument, but c'mon, let the black lady be furious that a makeup company in TYOOL 2019 doesn't know how to deal with black skintone and hair, or apparently consider that there might be black kids at a makeup party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA asking girl on date not to take pictures?

She was taking pics of us at the allstar lanes and I don’t post pictures on the Internet with people unless we’re in a relationship.. I asked her not post them on her Snapchat. I had a great time at the dinner and bowling alley and drinks. It was really fun, but this was our 3rd day meeting and about 3rd week of knowing each other. I don’t want to be rude but I asked her not to post them. Was I the ahole that I was hoping I am not, or am I wrong that it was kind of embarrassing or humiliating.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for having a "dick pic phone"?

quote:

Obligatory "Throwaway because some friends know my Reddit name"

Let me give you some additional information about the title: I'm a woman in my early twenties and my (mostly female) friends really enjoy going out and/or going clubbing and have done so since we were about 16 (the legal age for most clubs in my country). We enjoy doing our makeup, dressing nicely etc. and the actual clubbing is fun as well apart from one part: Even when we were only teenagers, all of us were in at least one situation in which a guy hit on us and while some of them were very nice (some of us even have relationships with people we met while clubbing), others were not too nice and sometimes wouldn't let go of us until we gave them our numbers to text us and even send unsolicited nudes to our private devices. Since bouncers in said clubs usually don't really do anything about harassment, at one point (I think we were around 17 or 18) we decided to get the "dick pic phone" which is a cheap smartphone with a prepaid sim card and we'd give that number to guys who would not accept a simple "no" to make them stop following us around. I think it was a really good idea because it was an easy way of getting rid of dudes who could not handle a rejection. Everything worked well until a few weeks ago when a close friend helped me move in to my college dorm and found the phone. He asked why I had a second phone and I told him the story thinking that he'd also find it amusing but he didn't. He called me and my friends cruel for "getting these dudes' expectations up" by giving them our number and creepy for leaving the nudes on the phone. Like I said, we only used that phone for emergencies (dudes being creepy after being rejected) and we never showed the photos to everyone not even within our friends group let alone posted them somewhere. The only person able to is the phone was the person who keeps it. AITA for having a phone like this?

Its a good method to deflect dudes, but its also in your best interest to delete the dick pics anyway. Give that phone a good scrubbing every few months. Maybe get it blessed by a priest too

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA asking girl on date not to take pictures?

or am I wrong that it was kind of embarrassing or humiliating.

:thunk:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

DemoneeHo posted:

Its a good method to deflect dudes, but its also in your best interest to delete the dick pics anyway. Give that phone a good scrubbing every few months. Maybe get it blessed by a priest too

Better plan than giving out a random number, I had a fun week when someone did that and picked mine out of the blue.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

DemoneeHo posted:

The correct solution is to send the most recent dick pic sender the photo of the last persons dick pic.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Coredump posted:

Its for my apple and sandwich.

Pages ago but for the love of god tell me what this is from, it's twigging a vague notion of familiarity in some degraded part of my brain

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

DemoneeHo posted:

Whatever. Sounds like it's also a good method to find out that your "close (male) friend" is garbage. I'm a guy and I'd consider that hilarious and I'd like her and her friends more for it.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA: my 2 year old trashed one of my wife's sold funko toy

My wife owns and sells alot of funko pop figures, she has a shelf in the dining room where she has alot of her pops that she is selling to others. I have told her on many occasions to put all of those pops in the basement bc 1) we have a 2 year old that is a true juggernaut and destroys everything and 2) I dont want funkos in our dining room bc I want it to look nice. Either way the house is both of ours, and if she wants to keep them there... go ahead. Today, while my wife was packing for her trip, I spent the entire day with our 2 year old playing outside, and all around the house. After we were done, I noticed how messy the house was, so I decided to clean up while he played with his cars. After a few minutes of cleaning up, I could hear a box crunching in the dining room, I knew immediately he had gotten into the funko figures. I ran in, and he was crunching one of the boxes of a funko my wife had just sold. I told my wife immediately and she was furious at me for not keeping him in the gated living room where he couldnt escape. AITA?

Edit: the main floor is completely baby proofed, with doors going to laundry room, bathroom and front door locked. I literally cleaned for about a minute, so I wasnt expecting the mayhem immediately. Thanks for feedback btw

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My wife owns and sells alot of funko pop figures, she has a shelf in the dining room where she has alot of her pops that she is selling to others. I have told her on many occasions to put all of those pops in the basement bc 1) we have a 2 year old that is a true juggernaut and destroys everything and 2) I dont want funkos in our dining room bc I want it to look nice. Either way the house is both of ours, and if she wants to keep them there... go ahead. Today, while my wife was packing for her trip, I spent the entire day with our 2 year old playing outside, and all around the house. After we were done, I noticed how messy the house was, so I decided to clean up while he played with his cars. After a few minutes of cleaning up, I could hear a box crunching in the dining room, I knew immediately he had gotten into the funko figures. I ran in, and he was crunching one of the boxes of a funko my wife had just sold. I told my wife immediately and she was furious at me for not keeping him in the gated living room where he couldnt escape. AITA?

Edit: the main floor is completely baby proofed, with doors going to laundry room, bathroom and front door locked. I literally cleaned for about a minute, so I wasnt expecting the mayhem immediately. Thanks for feedback btw

The baby is the hero. All pops should be destroyed.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Inceltown posted:

The correct solution is to send the most recent dick pic sender the photo of the last persons dick pic.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

DemoneeHo posted:

The fact that the friend got butthurt about the phone says way too much about him. Keep on with the dick pic phone OP.

Edit: Specifically save the pic of the biggest dick and send it to the people who send dick pics. Make them insecure.

MarcusSA posted:

The baby is the hero. All pops should be destroyed.

100% agreed.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Reward the baby with a funko pop

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

womb with a view posted:

Pages ago but for the love of god tell me what this is from, it's twigging a vague notion of familiarity in some degraded part of my brain

Falling Down with Michael Douglas https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106856/

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

grown rear end parent mad at baby for playing with toy

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Chomp8645 posted:

Dang I halfway expected the mod to edict the portion with Dr. King's speech lol.

Communist claptrap redacted! :911:

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Coredump posted:

Falling Down with Michael Douglas https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106856/

Great movie. Gotta watch it again

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Put the child's head in a cube melon frame until it becomes a Funko pop

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

LadyPictureShow posted:

It devolved into a slap fight of its probably for 'single parents' and such. But then a hero apparently arrived to clear things up and out OP as a liar:
The guy is totally the rear end in a top hat, but I want to pick at this bullshit:

"The director said that unless you are a student doing an internship or practicum for credit in in the center, no tuition dollars go towards the center."

This weaselly "It's an additional compulsory fee that you have to pay no matter what but it's technically not part of your tuition just so we can keep the tuition number lower and say "no tuition dollars go to X"" is dumb accounting bullshit to obfuscate costs so the university can put money in places they want without affecting their budget or increasing tuition (sometimes for public universities this is the government's fault for forcing segregation of funds for certain things). Ironically (or maybe not ironic, depending on who made the choice to breakout the fee this way), this is also the ammunition he used to get the fees refunded to him. If it had just been a regular part of tuition, or even a part of one general all encompassing "student fee" that the university then split and diverted as they wanted then he would have had no leg to stand on with his "I pay for this thing I can't use argument."

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Chomp8645 posted:

She didn't realize there was a problem until the event was already underway and tried to mitigate it. Unfortunate, but not malicious. NTA.

It would something else if she were still in the planning state and realized "hmm this even won't work for my daughter's black friend.... ah well gently caress it". But with this like, what was she supposed to do? She got caught by an unexpected problem.

Nah, OP is TA because the only reason it didn't occur to her was bc she spends so much time around white people, she assumes it as default and legit forgot non-white folks exist. Then she had to see the consequences of her negligence (the hurt child) and got embarrassed when rightly called out.

When you literally forget people exist and hurt them, that's on you, whether it was intentional or not.

Also anyone who knows/likes makeup would know this could be a problem with a few moments of forethought. When you hurt someone because you rushed and didn't think, that's on you. And, it reflects on you.

But mostly I'm bothered bc they're nine years old, why the gently caress is the OP giving them foundation, let them enjoy their fresh young skin while they have it, dang. The nail polish and stuff I get, but 'beauty tips' for girls aged in the single digits wtf

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Sep 20, 2019

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Put the child's head in a cube melon frame until it becomes a Funko pop

Don't give people ideas

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my girlfriend that her roommate dresses inappropriately?

My girlfriend's new roommate is her friend from college, and they're very close to each other. We're all 24 years old. Sometimes, when I go over to my gf's house, her roommate is dressed in very little clothing, sometimes she's wearing just underwear or she's in a sports bra and shorts. The most she wears is a tank top which is very thin, nothing beyond that. This is not just when the roommate is in her own room, it's also the case when she's in the kitchen, or the living room, or if we're all doing some common activity together.

I told my girlfriend that I found this very inappropriate and that it made things very awkward for me. My gf got very upset with me and told me that it's her house, and that she gets to dress however she wants, as long as she's comfortable. I understand that, but don't people change when they're expecting company or when there are guests in the house? For example, whenever my roommate has friends, family or his girlfriend over, I make sure that I'm dressed appropriately, if I come out of my room to meet them. I would never do that in just my boxers or briefs or while just wearing undergarments like a vest.

My girlfriend didn't agree with any of this and is still pissed off with me. AITA here?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

The guy is totally the rear end in a top hat, but I want to pick at this bullshit:

"The director said that unless you are a student doing an internship or practicum for credit in in the center, no tuition dollars go towards the center."

This weaselly "It's an additional compulsory fee that you have to pay no matter what but it's technically not part of your tuition just so we can keep the tuition number lower and say "no tuition dollars go to X"" is dumb accounting bullshit to obfuscate costs so the university can put money in places they want without affecting their budget or increasing tuition (sometimes for public universities this is the government's fault for forcing segregation of funds for certain things). Ironically (or maybe not ironic, depending on who made the choice to breakout the fee this way), this is also the ammunition he used to get the fees refunded to him. If it had just been a regular part of tuition, or even a part of one general all encompassing "student fee" that the university then split and diverted as they wanted then he would have had no leg to stand on with his "I pay for this thing I can't use argument."

I thought about this but wasn't gonna bring it up. It's really the only point in his favor, because yeah it's bullshit accounting and very disingenuous to say.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Smirking_Serpent posted:

All these white millennials who lived at home too long and who internalized Their Parent's House Rules as Life Rules are starting to go out into the world, and man. It is rough.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My girlfriend's new roommate is her friend from college, and they're very close to each other. We're all 24 years old. Sometimes, when I go over to my gf's house, her roommate is dressed in very little clothing, sometimes she's wearing just underwear or she's in a sports bra and shorts. The most she wears is a tank top which is very thin, nothing beyond that. This is not just when the roommate is in her own room, it's also the case when she's in the kitchen, or the living room, or if we're all doing some common activity together.

I told my girlfriend that I found this very inappropriate and that it made things very awkward for me. My gf got very upset with me and told me that it's her house, and that she gets to dress however she wants, as long as she's comfortable. I understand that, but don't people change when they're expecting company or when there are guests in the house? For example, whenever my roommate has friends, family or his girlfriend over, I make sure that I'm dressed appropriately, if I come out of my room to meet them. I would never do that in just my boxers or briefs or while just wearing undergarments like a vest.

My girlfriend didn't agree with any of this and is still pissed off with me. AITA here?

Lol then leave. You are the one who is uncomfortable. It's her place. Jesus, how entitled can you get?

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Is wearing clothes when people are over a white person thing?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Patrick Spens posted:

We have to hide our pasty bodies from everyone.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I only got one clothing rule, no hogs no bogs, everything else is kosher.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Patrick Spens posted:

https://imgur.com/JMzpJzy
I don’t think so.

Coredump fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 20, 2019

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

MarcusSA posted:

Like I get where she is coming from but I feel like she took it s little too far with the separation thing.

Like not telling people you are married and have kids? That’s a little weird.

I get not telling people every detail but “hiding” basic stuff seems a little off to me and definitely can see why her coworkers are like wtf.
I have a co-worker with whom I work with closely/grab occasional beer/dinner with who didn't acknowledge having a wife until year 8 I've know him. It's crazy.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Nah, OP is TA because the only reason it didn't occur to her was bc she spends so much time around white people, she assumes it as default and legit forgot non-white folks exist. Then she had to see the consequences of her negligence (the hurt child) and got embarrassed when rightly called out.

When you literally forget people exist and hurt them, that's on you, whether it was intentional or not.

Also anyone who knows/likes makeup would know this could be a problem with a few moments of forethought. When you hurt someone because you rushed and didn't think, that's on you. And, it reflects on you.

But mostly I'm bothered bc they're nine years old, why the gently caress is the OP giving them foundation, let them enjoy their fresh young skin while they have it, dang. The nail polish and stuff I get, but 'beauty tips' for girls aged in the single digits wtf

https://twitter.com/nke_ise/status/897756900753891328

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Patrick Spens posted:

I don't think it's normal for women to be walking around in their underwear in Muslim homes, no.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

MarcusSA posted:

Like I get where she is coming from but I feel like she took it s little too far with the separation thing.

Like not telling people you are married and have kids? That’s a little weird.

This is my husband except he gets really frustrated that his co-workers think he is a lonely shut-in with no social life. :thunk:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fight Man hasn't fought in a while. How's he doing?

I got into a heated fist fight at work last night and I am scared I’m going to lose this job just like every job I have.

quote:

Hey guys.

So basically I frequent this gas station at all hours of the night because I really don’t sleep that well and I end up just getting up and driving around so I go in for juul pods, fountain drinks, snacks, etc anytime of day or night. Around a week ago they asked me if I’d like to work there for night shift because they can’t find anyone and they needed someone badly. They said they noticed that I am always awake at night and figured they’d ask me. I said sure.

I didn’t have a job before because I don’t really need one that much at the moment as I am more than okay on money and will be for probably most of my life. But I figured it’d be something to do.

Well it’s been going great. I usually end up just going on the roof and smoking and watching for anyone to come. The ladder is just outside camera view. Anyways. Last night. I encountered a man stealing. I told him if he wants to try to steal on my shift he can meet me out back for a fight and if he wins he can take whatever he wants and I won’t call the cops. He said okay. He is probably 17-18. He is about 6’2 and maybe 160-170. I took him out back where there where no cameras and as his back was turned I instantly hit him in the back of the head. He staggered a bit and then turned around and I kicked him in the nuts. He fell over and then I stomped on his head a few times until he grabbed my leg and pulled me to the ground. He then takes my head and smashes it into the ground and then hits me numerous times and gets on top of me and starts choking me out. I managed to free myself and then I head butt him and he falls backwards. He was already up before I could get up though so he picked me up and body slammed me. I was so hurt at this point that I couldn’t get up. He then got on top and punched me a few times before finally asking if I was done. I spit in his face. He then choked me out again and finally I tapped.

He got up and said he was going to go take his items now. As he was walking towards the building I tackled him to the ground and started punching him. He quickly flipped me over and punched me more times. Then he stood up and started kicking me. I finally stopped fighting back and then he ended up taking probably 50 dollars worth of things so I just rung them up and paid for them myself. I’m scared that the camera is going to see that I left for such a long time then came back all bloody and bruised.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

DemoneeHo posted:

use a google voice number for this. it's done wonders for me

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
AITA because I refuse to officially live with my boyfriend, since I don't want to be a stepmother?

quote:

To make one thing crystal clear I don't want to be a mother and never have. I have known this since I was an adolescent. I told my boyfriend this up front, that we can date and maybe even be in a relationship but I will not EVER take on any kind of parenting or childcare role to his children.

This was fine because he has custody every other weekend as well as during the summers, so I lived my life during those times and he lived his. I have never met his children and this worked out fine for us.

Time kept on passing by and now we have been together 2 and a half years. My boyfriend basically lives with me, however he keeps his apartment because that's where he goes to have his custody time. I still have never met his kids. I would be fine with meeting them but I think it's best not to because I don't want to start going down the stepmother path. I also REALLY don't want to be involved with his baby momma. I never want to have to deal with her, so she doesn't even know of my existence. She's not some monster, I just don't want to deal with any of that at all, ever.

My boyfriend is sick of paying for an apartment that he basically uses for 4 days a month, and he wants to officially move in. My house is also much more of a home, it's in a more convenient area and there are a lot of plusses.

He also, quite honestly wants to get married for not only emotional reasons but also many practical reasons. For example, I have MUCH better health insurance and benefits.

AITA for saying I won't marry him or move in until his kids are adults? It's not that I dislike kids it's that I don't want to be pushed into the role of a mom or stepmom that's it. I have no problems with his obligations towards them, and if he was a deadbeat I wouldn't even date him at all.

Her comments are amazing.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA if I outed my atheist husband to his very religious mother?

My husband is the oldest of four siblings, and three of the four are atheists. All are adults. My husband and I are both 32 years old and have our own home and a toddler.

He became an atheist at about age 16, and when we met at age 18, his church attendance was spotty. I wound up dragging him out of bed on Sunday mornings and meeting him at home to drive to church together; not because I was religious (I was sort of ambiguous and still believed in souls and karma and whatnot), but because I wanted one more excuse to spend time with him, as well as trying evangelical church out in case I was simply bored of Catholic church.

Fast forward a couple years later, my husband and I spent a lot of time talking about religion, morality, faith, the paranormal, etc. He convinced me that there's nothing wrong with calling oneself an atheist, but still chose to keep it a secret from his evangelical parents, whom my husband swore would disown him.

I guess word got out that I was an atheist (but not my husband...probably because I was slightly less careful than he'd grown up to be). His mother has spent the last 10 years or so being passive aggressive to me, praising my husband for "bringing me to church" - which was actually my idea, telling me the day after we were engaged that I was "very lucky to have such a godly husband."

She's apparently still under the impression that I came into her son's life and turned him into an atheist, when it's actually the reverse that's more true.

So we have a three year old daughter who's very receptive to people's emotions and I don't want her to pick up on the fact that I can't stand being around my very religious, anti-Muslim, xenophobic, homophobic, atheist-hating mother-in-law.

My husband - who is an independent adult - is still not comfortable with his parents knowing that he was an atheist first, although they've been told this but don't believe it. It seems like I'm stuck with them treating me rudely because he is afraid of nothing else other than them knowing this about him.

WIBTA if I told my MIL that while my husband and I are both atheists, I didn't make him that way?

ETA: I don't think people are reading past the title...the only reason I would tell her that we're BOTH atheists but I didn't make him that way is so that she would treat me better.

It's also important to note that my husband supports this conversation to happen...he just doesn't want to be the one to say it to his parents. He would let me do the talking.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for making a comment to my room mate that it's ridiculous to take 1 class a semester and by the rate she is going it will take her 8 years to get her BA?

Her mommy is paying for everything so shes taking her sweet time while I am still $50k in student loans. I was being polite and asked her how her classes were going and she mentioned that she wants to up it to two classes after her next math course.

It's just my opinion, she can do what she wants but that night she approached me and said that my comment hurt her feewings. I didn't know what to say so I just got up and walked out of the house. I came back 2 hours later at midnight and heard her crying and talking to an online friend about how shes trying so hard even with the one class ect ect and how she felt my encouragement was all a facade.

She's debating moving out which will only suck because shes a decent room mate (pays on time, same hobbies) and I'd have to cover $800 a month until I find a new room mate, but I also don't want to be made out to be an rear end in a top hat for just saying its gonna take her 8 years if shes doing one class at a time.

She's the one whos still angry, so reddit, AITA?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for making a comment to my room mate that it's ridiculous to take 1 class a semester and by the rate she is going it will take her 8 years to get her BA?

Her mommy is paying for everything so shes taking her sweet time while I am still $50k in student loans. I was being polite and asked her how her classes were going and she mentioned that she wants to up it to two classes after her next math course.

It's just my opinion, she can do what she wants but that night she approached me and said that my comment hurt her feewings. I didn't know what to say so I just got up and walked out of the house. I came back 2 hours later at midnight and heard her crying and talking to an online friend about how shes trying so hard even with the one class ect ect and how she felt my encouragement was all a facade.

She's debating moving out which will only suck because shes a decent room mate (pays on time, same hobbies) and I'd have to cover $800 a month until I find a new room mate, but I also don't want to be made out to be an rear end in a top hat for just saying its gonna take her 8 years if shes doing one class at a time.

She's the one whos still angry, so reddit, AITA?

Do some of these people care if they're assholes? This entire post boils with resentment for this roommate they clearly loving hate.

ETA: WOAH BURIED LEDE, I clicked their profile to see if they posted any comments and it's full of redpill/MGTOW poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I had a good thing and ruined it by being a Redditor is always the best category.