Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

mrpwase posted:

Red = Labour, Blue = Tories, Cyan = everyone

You know this question is a bit too vague.
What if the white person is using it for camouflage at night?
Is Arnie racist for using it in Predator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jinkii posted:

Not saying this as a bad thing but in True Identity he was in whiteface and looked exactly like Bill Maher.

He also did a serial skit on one series of the Lenny Henry Show where he posed as an 80-something white guy who had directed movies in the 50s. Good makeup, really good voice work, and he finished it up by dropping out of character and saying "hey everyone, it's me, Lenny".

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

happyhippy posted:

Is Arnie racist for using it in Predator?

No because the Predator is the ultimate liberal, and doesn't see colour.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Tarnop posted:

No because the Predator is the ultimate liberal, and doesn't see colour.

Who does the Alien represent?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Capitalism.

Destroys everything it touches, predator keeps propping it up anyway for sport and because they can always just fly somewhere else.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

mrpwase posted:

Who does the Alien represent?
H R Giger's weird dick collection.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

H R Giger's weird dick collection.

OwlFancier posted:

Destroys everything it touches, predator keeps propping it up anyway for sport and because they can always just fly somewhere else.

Also applies.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
I thought the Alien represented the male fear of rape and birth

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The alien is a graphic representation of HR Giger putting way too much effort into yet another effects project and then not getting paid AGAIN.

drat that guy must have been raging before he cut himself off and built his own literal tiny sex train world.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The alien is a graphic representation of HR Giger putting way too much effort into yet another effects project and then not getting paid AGAIN.

drat that guy must have been raging before he cut himself off and built his own literal tiny sex train world.

i mean, i want to google that, but I'm at work...

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

God bless the NHS. I’ll admit to being a bit down on it in the past (they hosed up multiple surgeries on my hand in the late 90s leaving one finger as a kind of claw), but today they really knocked it out the park.

My wife’s been ill for the past few days with vomiting and other gut stuff.. today she was literally thrashing in pain from it all. I called 111, and they had an ambulance with us within ten minutes of hanging up, which in turn got her straight to the hospital. She was seen and assessed in about twenty minutes after that, and on an IV for rehydration and pain relief ten after that. Everyone has been friendly and supporting (despite obviously being rushed off their feet). I just keep tearing up when I think about it. I wish there was more I could do to support them in their work, or at least show how appreciative I am but i’m such an emotional wreck right now even trying to say ‘thank you’ results in me breaking down. And they have enough on their plates without having to deal with that poo poo.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Gasmask posted:

i mean, i want to google that, but I'm at work...

Species had the train, I think?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Camrath posted:

God bless the NHS. I’ll admit to being a bit down on it in the past (they hosed up multiple surgeries on my hand in the late 90s leaving one finger as a kind of claw), but today they really knocked it out the park.

My wife’s been ill for the past few days with vomiting and other gut stuff.. today she was literally thrashing in pain from it all. I called 111, and they had an ambulance with us within ten minutes of hanging up, which in turn got her straight to the hospital. She was seen and assessed in about twenty minutes after that, and on an IV for rehydration and pain relief ten after that. Everyone has been friendly and supporting (despite obviously being rushed off their feet). I just keep tearing up when I think about it. I wish there was more I could do to support them in their work, or at least show how appreciative I am but i’m such an emotional wreck right now even trying to say ‘thank you’ results in me breaking down. And they have enough on their plates without having to deal with that poo poo.

Oh no, I hope it turns out not to be anything too serious.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Dabir posted:

Oh no, I hope it turns out not to be anything too serious.

*extremely stand-up comedian voice* she's just sick of his bluddy whinging!!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

More seriously sorry to hear about the stressful sitch Camrath and I hope she's better soon. Seems it's not a great week emotionally for posters ITT. :smith:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Not gonna lie, the tiny Giger sex train is pretty cool.

https://youtu.be/iqZqmVxtiws

NSFW

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Welcome... to Phallic Park.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Tesseraction posted:

More seriously sorry to hear about the stressful sitch Camrath and I hope she's better soon. Seems it's not a great week emotionally for posters ITT. :smith:

We started it on holiday sipping cocktails and listening to Podcasting Is Praxis by the pool while on a much belated ‘honeymoon’ holiday in Sorrento, and we’re ending it with her plumbed into several IVs in Barnet Hospital. The contrast is giving me loving whiplash.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

welcome to tiny groin world, idiot, enjoy not being able to fit in holes on account of being too small to enter them

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Camrath posted:

We started it on holiday sipping cocktails and listening to Podcasting Is Praxis by the pool while on a much belated ‘honeymoon’ holiday in Sorrento, and we’re ending it with her plumbed into several IVs in Barnet Hospital. The contrast is giving me loving whiplash.

Well here's hoping the whiplash hits back in the other direction with a speedy recovery in time for more cocktails!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

keep punching joe posted:

Not gonna lie, the tiny Giger sex train is pretty cool.

https://youtu.be/iqZqmVxtiws

NSFW
One of the funniest things (to me anyway) about Giger is how most of the storage areas of his house are basically just racks and racks of natasha henstridge's chest, and this seems like the most normal thing in the world to him.

E: also he makes loving great looking chairs.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Sep 20, 2019

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
One day I will make it to the tiny Swiss village that houses the Giger Museum, but not this year.

HauntedRobot
Jun 22, 2002

an excellent mod
a simple map to my heart
now give me tilt shift

The_Doctor posted:

One day I will make it to the tiny Swiss village that houses the Giger Museum, but not this year.

I've been there! Me and HauntedMrsRobot were on our way to or from visiting StarkingBarfish in the Large Hadron Collider and figured we'd stop at Gruyére to get cheese, but when we got there found there was a Giger Museum and thought "sod the cheese". It was very cool, if a little disturbing. That holiday was ace.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I have a big book of Giger artwork kicking about somewhere.

Man was never subtle.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!
I mean Giger's clearly a sex pervert, I just hope he doesn't turn out to be a paedophile.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Lmao what the hell are you doing listening to my stupid voice on holiday.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Saith posted:

I mean Giger's clearly a sex pervert, I just hope he doesn't turn out to be a paedophile.
Hopefully children don't have nearly enough prehensile biomech penes for his tastes.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Firos posted:

Lmao what the hell are you doing listening to my stupid voice on holiday.

Appreciating both the irony of it and the rage induced glares from the very gammon dominated fellow guests (i’m 38 and my wife 30, and we were probably the youngest people there by 10 years in my case. Also not a single non-white, non-ruddy face present).

Jutsuka
Jun 5, 2011

I usually just lurk in this thread but I'm gonna just pop in to inform all the posters that are apparently unaware that H. R. Giger died in 2014.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Camrath posted:

Appreciating both the irony of it and the rage induced glares from the very gammon dominated fellow guests (i’m 38 and my wife 30, and we were probably the youngest people there by 10 years in my case. Also not a single non-white, non-ruddy face present).

Do hope you plugged whatever device you had to the loudest speakers available.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

y'all know Giger's been dead for years, right

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jutsuka posted:

I usually just lurk in this thread but I'm gonna just pop in to inform all the posters that are apparently unaware that H. R. Giger died in 2014.

Dabir posted:

I didn't want to hurt their feelings by doing the whole "that guy you like... he's dead"

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Dabir posted:

Yes.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

I know this isn't UKPol but I figure it's appropriate because he's a thread favourite:

Jorbo Pooperson is in rehab for Benzo addiction.

https://www.newsweek.com/jordan-peterson-rehab-wife-cancer-scare-1460399?amp=1

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dabir posted:

Eh, he's probably just pupating.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Samovar posted:

Do hope you plugged whatever device you had to the loudest speakers available.

Well one bloke was using his phone to play really annoying music. So we just responded in kind.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Camrath posted:

Pop back tomorrow with a box of chocolates. There may or may not have been a shift change meaning the people who saw your wife don't get the chocolates, but the next shift has probably performed just as many miracles.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Dabir posted:

That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even cock and vagina alien monsters may die

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You ever feel like H.R Giger and Steve Bannon were separated at birth and Giger spent his entire life having nightmares and making weird sex art based around them, and somehow he was the more normal one?

Alternatively: Imagine what the world could be like if Giger had had Bannon's job.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Sep 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HauntedRobot
Jun 22, 2002

an excellent mod
a simple map to my heart
now give me tilt shift

WhatEvil posted:

I know this isn't UKPol but I figure it's appropriate because he's a thread favourite:

Jorbo Pooperson is in rehab for Benzo addiction.

https://www.newsweek.com/jordan-peterson-rehab-wife-cancer-scare-1460399?amp=1

Count me amazed that piece of poo poo is addicted to anything other than the sound of his own voice. And maybe beef