Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Picturing a reverse Arrested Development where ABs lawyer has his head in his hands saying "I have the stupidest drat client"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Guze posted:

They suspended Brady and Zeke.

Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time.

Assault women instead.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1175068901262184449?s=19

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Coward

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Pretty disingenuous from Breer (though very predictable) because Bill spent the first ~2 minutes of his press conference addressing AB, saying that there were things the team is looking into, and that he wouldn't be answering any further questions. And even after that, he entertained at least two separate questions about how the Patriots are handling AB's preparations for Sunday's game in relation to these new accusations. Everyone got significantly more from Bill than we did last time and even confirmed that the team is investigating these latest accusations internally. not sure what people were expecting here

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

Pretty disingenuous from Breer (though very predictable) because Bill spent the first ~2 minutes of his press conference addressing AB, saying that there were things the team is looking into, and that he wouldn't be answering any further questions. And even after that, he entertained at least two separate questions about how the Patriots are handling AB's preparations for Sunday's game in relation to these new accusations. Everyone got significantly more from Bill than we did last time and even confirmed that the team is investigating these latest accusations internally. not sure what people were expecting here

They were expecting him to be cut op.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

NFL Pre-emptively Adds Whatever Bullshit Gronk Hawking To Banned Substance List

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
A reminder what kind of man the Jags currently have at QB

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2019/9/20/20875652/gardner-minshew-chugged-whiskey-and-tried-to-break-his-own-hand-to-play-more-football

quote:

It was my first year there. I went there from junior college and the situation was I had two seniors above me, so I was hoping to go in and redshirt and be able to play three (seasons). It was an awesome setup, you know?
So we get into game four, and we move our backup (quarterback) to running back because he was our best running back and then the starter got knocked out, concussion. So, shoot, I go in there, play about a half and then we get in for the next week and the starter’s going to be back. So I’m like, “Dang, I just played a half and really wasted a half of a year on playing ball” you know? So I was pretty pissed and started looking around at what my options were, and the only thing I could do would be to get a medical redshit. But if I played in this next game, then that would be off the table.
So, I get an idea. I go home, I grab a bottle of Jack Daniel’s and I grab a hammer. I go back into my room and take a pull of Jack Daniel’s, put my hand down on the table and — BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! 1, 2, 3 — hit the hell out of my hand, dude. I’m sitting there shaking, but I know it’s not broke, so I’m like, “God, come on.” Take another pull. 1, 2, 3, again, still nothing. I’m just shaking at this point, man. I knew it wasn’t broken, so another pull, another three hits, and that was all I could take. I couldn’t break my own hand.
But when I told the guys, what would you do for more football? Because I’d do drat near anything.
It was good getting the experience. But, dude, I had a swollen-rear end hand for about a few weeks. I just told the coaches I closed it in a car door.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Bill has never once in his life announced that a player has been cut during a weekly press conference. You'd have to be an idiot to expect him to start today.

He didn't even confirm that AB would be playing on Sunday like he did last week, either. All he said was "He's on our roster right now."

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Asema posted:

There's a lot of Jaguars insiders and a few Ravens insiders that have said that the Ravens are trading a big dumb stupid loving package for him and I want it to be not true at all.

What no don't do that

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I'm on team "Why don't you just loving purge AB already?" but does it even make sense for a coach to comment on an ongoing player investigation beyond "we're looking into it and will let you know how it goes"? Isn't the rule of thumb if there's an ongoing investigation to, you know, shut the gently caress up about it?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Mystic Stylez posted:

I'm glad Antonio Brown is friends with Eric B. of Eric B & Rakim, I was wondering what he was up to these days

harassing women and kids at the word of his "boss" AB?

thats depressing to even think about

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

or at the very least benched. it's funny when people act like it's absurd to expect a person to have morals

Bill has never once in his life announced that a player has been cut during a weekly press conference. You'd have to be an idiot to expect him to start today.

He didn't even confirm that AB would be playing on Sunday like he did last week, either. All he said was "He's on our roster right now."

it's true, you'd really have to be a complete idiot to expect the tiniest shred of human decency from bill belichik

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think after Kareem Hunt, it's stupid to just cut a good player, as teams do not care, but the league should absolutely throw him on the commissioner's exempt list.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kalli posted:

I think after Kareem Hunt, it's stupid to just cut a good player, as teams do not care, but the league should absolutely throw him on the commissioner's exempt list.

Yup, Belichick saw what happened with Hunt and was like, "gently caress that poo poo, either we have him, or the league punishes him and nobody does, and maybe we get out of paying him too."

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Play posted:

it's true, you'd really have to be a complete idiot to expect the tiniest shred of human decency from bill belichik

And yet here we are, with complete idiots expecting shreds of human decency from Bill Belichick. How many times does he have to teach you this lesson?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Unbelievable that, in a league that has never let an abuser or rapist play, they are allowing AB to play.

Absolutely unprecedented.

Imma still watch though because watching football is more important.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

This is amazing and wow, I mean good for him?

It'd be more of a shame if you tried to mutilate your hand with a hammer and failed in your dreams.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I wish Wheez was alive to see Minshew, he would have loved the guy :smith:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

This is great.

sharknado slashfic posted:

What no don't do that

What's a "big package" to you? 1.8 (at least) seasons of Jalen Ramsey is pretty drat appealing to me

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Sep 20, 2019

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

OxySnake posted:

Picturing a reverse Arrested Development where ABs lawyer has his head in his hands saying "I have the stupidest drat client"

This is every lawyer and all of their clients.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

btw FOH means gently caress outta here as in 'gently caress outta here clown'

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Thanks Dad.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1175082470573842432?s=19

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/SeifertESPN/status/1175066360310841344

Play
Apr 25, 2006

now im just picturing your dad just texting you 'FOH clown' every time you try to get in touch lol

Apparently Shad Khan said that he would be willing to make Ramsey the highest paid CB in the league if Ramsey would stay:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001056815/article/jags-owner-willing-to-make-ramsey-highestpaid-cb

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

skip owns

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

AndrewP posted:

This is great.

What's a "big package" to you? 1.8 (at least) seasons of Jalen Ramsey is pretty drat appealing to me

I'd have to see the big dumb stupid loving package ( :v: ) first. I can live with a 1st and a late round pick. Two firsts, no way. We need interior oline and pass rushers more then corners. Ramsey would slide in a a very nice replacement for Jimmy but he's going to want his money and we've got Stanley, Humphrey and Judon all coming due for their payday after next year. Letting Judon walk wouldn't kill me but no one is stepping up yet to replace him.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Hearing the excerpts of the interview with Skip's wife is a horrifying experience.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Skip is a cartoon character.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Play posted:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

:agreed:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Reminds me of one of my favorite tweets.

https://twitter.com/Hegelbon/status/492741034749620224?s=19

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Good journalists never follow up with questions when a public figure says he won't answer questions about a controversy

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Skip Bayless works hard at being that trollish. I don't think it runs in the family, because his brother is a chef with a PBS show and is NOTHING like him.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

AndrewP posted:

The Jags already got one, but he broke his collarbone

Play posted:

new thread title please

Intruder fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 20, 2019

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

COWARDS

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

I want a Rammstein pre-game and halftime show where they torch the eyebrows off everyone sitting in the first row around the entire stadium and then cover the field with their massive cock confetti machine if the home team wins

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Intruder posted:

new thread title please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

AB never learned you don't threaten people yourself, that's what flunkies are for