Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Went to the Chemlab/Pop Will Eat Itself show last night and made a semi-drunken decision to buy another Wax Trax! black box set:

It comes with all sorts of cool little things and an additional two 7 inches of unreleased and out of print tracks. Apparently one of them is Ministry live at Exit, which I can't wait to loving hear, and a cassette that I have no idea what is on it:

Also picked up the store copy of it so I can display the sexy rear end blue album and listen to the box set's clear vinyl version:

So, now that that's done all I need is a receiver, speakers, and a turn table and I'll be able to enjoy these drat things!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
How was PWEI?? I haven't even thought about them in years but that kind of show would be very much for me. All your purchases look awesome.

E: in looking for chemlab for dates I saw pigface is still around (or back again) and doing shows. I really need to crawl out from the rock I've been under apparently.

EdwardSwifferhands has a new favorite as of 14:37 on Sep 20, 2019

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Fayez Butts posted:

TVs do and features and picture quality change yearly

1redflag posted:

:wrong:

E. Forgot to refresh

They have series numbers. The series will change and the model number will change (usually every 2 years). Not once will you ever be asked for your year/make/model of your TV. Also picture quality really hasn't changed within the type of display (OLED, QLED, Direct View, etc) except for more pixels (UHD, true 4k, 8k). This has been a huge pain point in the industry as its been stagnant for the past few years.

Whats even funnier to me is if you are referring to Samsung "2019 QLED" they are the same series/model that came out last year. No changes at all according to the engineers I talk to over there. Just a marketing gimmick to address the above mentioned pain point.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I don't know how soundly the 2019 models beat the 2018 models, but as someone who has bought a new TV in 2000, 2006, 2012, and 2019 they sure do improve a lot in 5-7 year increments!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

JEEVES420 posted:

Also picture quality really hasn't changed within the type of display (OLED, QLED, Direct View, etc) except for more pixels (UHD, true 4k, 8k).

And bit depth/HDR, and refresh rate (matters for games, not so much for TV shows), right?

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
They have model numbers that change every year but nobody wants to remember if QN65Q70RAFXZA is the one from this year or the last since they all look like a cat walked on your keyboard. As a result, literally every listing online refers to them by the general series and release year. And yeah, Samsung is being sorta lovely with their marketing but it's not completely identical http://en.tab-tv.com/?p=15576

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

EdwardSwifferhands posted:

How was PWEI?? I haven't even thought about them in years but that kind of show would be very much for me. All your purchases look awesome.

E: in looking for chemlab for dates I saw pigface is still around (or back again) and doing shows. I really need to crawl out from the rock I've been under apparently.

The whole show was fantastic! PWEI still has it. Honestly the whole thing kinda brought me back to the early 2000's. Wish I would have kept playing.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
I bought a house.

Closed Wednesday.

Sellers needed a bit of extra time so they won't actually be out until Oct 1st. Since my current lease isn't up until Oct 31st, I can have a nice leisurely move, which I'm sure I'll get frustrated with after like 2 days then hurry up to get it done.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
I'm extremely jealous of the geometry, congrats.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

HaB posted:

I bought a house.

Closed Wednesday.

Sellers needed a bit of extra time so they won't actually be out until Oct 1st. Since my current lease isn't up until Oct 31st, I can have a nice leisurely move, which I'm sure I'll get frustrated with after like 2 days then hurry up to get it done.

I look forward to your upcoming thread with bad decisions in DIY /s

Congratulations!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

HaB posted:

I bought a house.

Closed Wednesday.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

HaB posted:

I bought a house.

Closed Wednesday.

Ah, the second best day of any homeowner's life

Ahh, the best day of any homeowner's life

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Only if my homeowners insurance covers the structure being sucked into a paranormal dimension.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Any good homeowner's insurance covers both demonic possession as well as most unintentional interdimensional portal mishaps. What do you think "Acts of God" means? :rolleyes:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Dude let's be honest, if it was irrefutably proven that demons destroyed the house, our insurance would refuse to cover it as it was not an act of God, but the devil

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
If they moved the headstones make sure they move the bodies as well.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I got da iPhone 11 Pro.

Coming from a 6s it’s pretty slick.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Fall is coming up so I figured it was time for new boots, fresh from eBay. Hopefully they fit...

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Untitled Goose Game.

Untitled Goose Gang tag.

Link's Awakening for Switch.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Untitled Goose Game.

Untitled Goose Gang tag.

Link's Awakening for Switch.
Similarly, I ordered one of these so I could play Link's Awakening (and more)

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’m curious to see how the lights are because I got an original switch for when I’m on the road and never really play it on a tv.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
They’re slightly smaller screens and the controls are permanently attached. Pretty simple.

I too bought Goose and it’s GotY.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
A horrible goose. (That's you!)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

An extender, not a pencil. I already have a pencil but it is very short you see. I really wanted a Kutsuwa Stad One-Touch but it's like 40€ and this one was 0,56€ so :shrug:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Colder weather means I can wear clothes I actually like.
While fashion for men is woefully uninspired, I picked up a couple long cardigans (only one with a hood) because I want to feel comfy and look like a hipster wizard.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi

mystes
May 31, 2006

There's a lot of clothing on online stores that only looks good because a hot model is wearing it, but not showing a person wearing it at all is certainly an interesting choice.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Inzombiac posted:

While fashion for men is woefully uninspired, I picked up a couple long cardigans (only one with a hood) because I want to feel comfy and look like a hipster wizard.

yooooo where is this from

clockwork automaton
May 2, 2007

You've probably never heard of them.

Fun Shoe
Oh I bought myself tickets to fly to Seattle to see Ghost and then fly back.

Worth it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Nevermind

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I like that cardigan, I live in a banking hub so all I see all Fall are Patagonia vests over Brooks Brothers button ups.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Green revolution, what even is a carbon footprint LOL

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Went to the Chemlab/Pop Will Eat Itself show last night

Whaaaaaaaaat. You got Chemlab and PWEI in one concert? That’s some loving bullshit.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

cash crab posted:

yooooo where is this from

Amazon but I'm sure you could find it elsewhere. Just search "Long Cardigans" and try to dodge Chinese resellers tossing up paper quality fabric for silk prices.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Inzombiac posted:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi

nice

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Horse Clocks posted:

Whaaaaaaaaat. You got Chemlab and PWEI in one concert? That’s some loving bullshit.

And Acumen Vs 16volt. It was a fantastic show.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

And Acumen Vs 16volt. It was a fantastic show.

gently caress me. PWEI is worth seeing alone, but don’t think I’ve ever gone to a gig here with that sort of clout behind the main act. There’s been good support acts, but generally local.

I think aesthetic perfection came here with combichrist once. That was probably the best I’ve seen.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Each year Cold Waves usually puts together one epic night and a couple pretty good ones. I've missed a couple of years, but I show up when I can mostly because I was acquaintances with Jamie back in the day and he was a really cool guy.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord

clockwork automaton posted:

Oh I bought myself tickets to fly to Seattle to see Ghost and then fly back.

Worth it.

Got tickets to that in Minneapolis in October. Never been to any concert before, I may not survive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockwork automaton
May 2, 2007

You've probably never heard of them.

Fun Shoe

LifeSunDeath posted:

Green revolution, what even is a carbon footprint LOL

If it makes you feel better this is the first trip I've taken in 10 years? IDK man

Zeth posted:

Got tickets to that in Minneapolis in October. Never been to any concert before, I may not survive.

It's so good. They put on one hell of a show.