Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

if you're into a quick dopamine fix there's lots of better stuff than benzos bro

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Just found TEN packets of Frazzles instead of eight in the multipack I bought, living like a fat king tonight friends

lol the shittiest snipe

Pochoclo fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Sep 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Benzo addiction chat? I spent two years addicted to Xanax. Don’t remember much from summer 2016 to summer 2018

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Nuclear Spoon posted:

this sucks i'm sorry. have you been through this kind of thing before and do you have anyone who can be near you in case poo poo takes a turn for the worse?

Thanks for your concern, I have been through this before, so my behaviour gets ignored, I've done it before. I'm trying really hard, but I'm old and nobody gives a gently caress anymore, I don't give a gently caress anymore.

I actually couldn't give a poo poo anymore, "If he dies, he dies"

Rocky 4 for the win.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

This isn't going to be another wanking at work derail is it?

You can wank anywhere (that's private)

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Reminder to those planting trees not to plant them within 3 metres of other trees. They won't grow up healthy, if it's a wooded area the hawthorn & blackthorn will outcompete them & strangle everything, & it won't support as much biodiversity. More trees good though.

Solidarity to all those going through hard times :(

Collateral posted:

I think people who are hyper competitive are very susceptible to becoming addicted to anything due to their dopamine reward cycle being skewed towards getting quick hits.
Huh, this explains a lot

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Dead Goon posted:

I took twice my prescribed amount of pills

Dead Goon posted:

Amitriptyline.
Yeah, be careful with that, Amitriptyline has a narrow therapeutic dose. Stay safe.

Collateral posted:

Take care with this stuff, it lowers the seizure threshold, which is different for everybody. I had a grand mal after 200mg. I had never in 42 years had a seizure before that.
This too.

Chuka Umana posted:

Benzo addiction chat? I spent two years addicted to Xanax. Don’t remember much from summer 2016 to summer 2018
I'm not sure if you're a Pfizer rep or something but that sounds very appealing. Other than the 2017 election they were a bit poo poo.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dead Goon, please let us know if you are feeling unsafe. We're happy to call an ambulance for you if you need one :ohdear:

Collateral posted:

I think people who are hyper competitive are very susceptible to becoming addicted to anything due to their dopamine reward cycle being skewed towards getting quick hits.

This is why I don't ever stop posting

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

More info from that thread about the new, totally organic grassroots campaign to stop people saying nasty things to melts:

https://twitter.com/nailheadparty/status/1174822311477895168

Click through and read the whole thing, it's... a trip.
lmao this paper written by one of the people behind it.

Definitely the threat that we need to be most worried about right at this moment. The violent far left, causing most terror attacks and hate crimes and let's see what else they're up to

quote:

For the purposes of this study, the most important existing instrument was comprised of five of the six items which loaded onto the first factor of the SyFoR or ‘sympathy for radicalism’ scale (Bhui, Warfa, and Jones 2014), all of which relate to violent extremism. A sixth item, which related to the specific tactic of suicide bombing, was excluded. This was left out because suicide bombing is a tactic specifically associated with Islamism, and as such might not be appropriate for surveying other target populations than that for which the instrument was originally developed. It was replaced with a new item, namely ‘street violence against anti-democratic groups’. This new item was added because it relates both to the ‘squadist’ tactic of physical opposition to members of fascist groups (advocated by some on the far left as appropriate for the present historical moment) and to the imagined future necessity of defensive violence to protect the revolution against counter-revolutionary forces.
punching nazis and dreaming of after the revolution. Very dangerous. As bad as suicide bombing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Far left is the greatest terrorist risk this country faces (as long as we ignore suicide bombings because then it's massively Islamic extremists and oh yeah we've somehow missed the far right as well)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Some on the far left even imagine that groups of people wearing the same shirts and chanting "Jews will not replace us" have something in common with some other historical moment.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Street violence against anti democratic groups is bad, which is why the police don't do it. Street violence against democratic groups is good, which is why they do it.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Emily Thornberry says Labour should back the BoJo’s deal if it includes a second referendum.

Labour centrists are chumps

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Uh, yeah definitely vote for bojo when he says he'll totes let you have a referendum promise.

Also a thing he's definitely gonna do.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Guavanaut posted:

I'm not sure if you're a Pfizer rep or something but that sounds very appealing. Other than the 2017 election they were a bit poo poo.

Until your dealer runs out and you are up all night in bed cuz you can’t sleep but you’re also physically exhausted and thinking about nuclear war and plane crashes and listening to the beeb news bulletins all night and wow there’s a massive hurricane about to hit the United States and you feel insane but normal at the same time and then at 5am you feel hungry so you get breakfast at McDonald’s in some hallucinatory trance and then you get home and eat it and then lie back in bed and you have 20 minute microsleeps where you dream about being the worst person in the world.

And then 8am comes and you’re still tired but you realize oh gently caress I have an exam today for class so you go to class

And then when the professor passes out the exams you have a seizure.

And then you wake up in the back of an ambulance.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Chuka Umana posted:

Emily Thornberry says Labour should back the BoJo’s deal if it includes a second referendum.

Labour centrists are chumps

A second referendum is going to have to happen at some point and it's silly to just say "Nah we won't do that" and stir up all the usual suspects about SEE LABOUR DONT WANT A REFERENDUM, especially as there is literally zero chance Johnson will ever offer a referendum.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Tom Watson didnt bother to turn up to conference and theres already been a motion to abolish the deputy position as theres no other way to get rid of him in the rulebook.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/CourtNewsUK/status/1175073742051000320

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

serious gaylord posted:

Tom Watson didnt bother to turn up to conference and theres already been a motion to abolish the deputy position as theres no other way to get rid of him in the rulebook.

:yeshaha:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Lenny Henry chat:

My favourite impression that he did (without 'white face'):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RPKgz8Fc74

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

sunday sunday SUNDAY MONSTER MONSTER IMMIGRANTS!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

serious gaylord posted:

lmao

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1175129408484597760?s=20

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

One loving vote in it

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Mail on

OwlFancier posted:

sunday sunday SUNDAY MONSTER MONSTER IMMIGRANTS!

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
E: on second thought not worth getting into lol

ContinuityNewTimes fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Sep 20, 2019

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

yo be careful Dead Goon, stay here and poast

goddamnedtwisto posted:

More info from that thread about the new, totally organic grassroots campaign to stop people saying nasty things to melts:

https://twitter.com/nailheadparty/status/1174822311477895168

Click through and read the whole thing, it's... a trip.

Yeah, lots of Labour Together involvement and apparently main dude Imran Ahmed was Angela Eagle's PR guy during her leadership bid

also

https://twitter.com/barneycarroll/status/1174998350246109184

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, the Tory/Lib Dem coalition brought that one in.

The Society for Prevention of Dead Paups might propagandise against things we like, whereas Dead Paup Fuels Plc would only campaign in their rational interests.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

It's worse than that.

It was under the guise of dealing with lobbying. Instead of dealing with that it made illegal for a charity to campaign during an election as it might change people's minds.

So, working exactly as intended.

Jesus we need a leftwing government asap. Instead we're going to get the colour theory Tories.

gently caress this dumb country.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Yeah but I think the implication is this outfit's been rustled up quickstyle because an election's looming and Labour First want to Do Some Work against the left

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

https://twitter.com/georgeeaton/status/1175139692481863680?s=20

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wait they actually passed it?

Hahahahah

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

OwlFancier posted:

Wait they actually passed it?

Hahahahah

I've heard conflicting things but I want it to be true SO MUCH

e: apparently it was put on the agenda today and the actual vote is tomorrow??

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I hope the goons having a bad time today all recover and feel better.

e; However if Watson just got/is about to get the boot, big lols

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/pippacrerar/status/1175138259485298688?s=21

:yeshaha:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Reading this. “The first meaningful interaction I ever had with Tony Blair was back in 1995,” he recalled in a 2014 Catholic Herald interview. “He said to me: ‘You’ve got to understand that what all of this is about is turning us from an ideology-based party into a values-based party.’ And as it happened, I completely believed in it.”

WHAT IN THE NAME OF gently caress DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?

The bit about Watson having a hissy fit because he was told no phones were being allowed in to stop leaks really paints him miserably too. Utter child.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 20, 2019

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Probably should have turned up to the last 5 NEC meetings.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Well you see ideology = old, bad. values = new, good

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

OwlFancier posted:

Well you see ideology = old, bad. values = new, good

I sort of assumed that was it but god dammit what an absolute butchering of the English language. I really despise New Labour.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Values as in the values going into my bank account from centrist/right wing think tanks you see

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

cuktig is an association of people with values, not a party with ideology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

cuktig is an association of people with values, not a party with ideology

and absolutely not an association of people with value