Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

These girls are freaks. They deal with body fluids like they work in a slaughterhouse. Grab that brass ring next time homeboy.

So I met this woman once, we hit it off, and she invited me to go hook up with her at the hospital while she was on call. All I knew was she worked at a hospital. I get there and meet her outside in the parking lot. She says "follow me and act like you belong here". So I walk right through security, nurses stations, etc all the way up to the break rom. Nope, she's not a nurse, she's a doctor. She's not just the doctor, she's the head of a department and was in charge of that shift. She's also married. This was in a hospital in NYC that people have heard of.

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah nurses are wild.

like for real.

She was also quite wild. And that's the closest thing I have to a Grey's Anatomy story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fhqwhgads posted:

So I met this woman once, we hit it off, and she invited me to go hook up with her at the hospital while she was on call. All I knew was she worked at a hospital. I get there and meet her outside in the parking lot. She says "follow me and act like you belong here". So I walk right through security, nurses stations, etc all the way up to the break rom. Nope, she's not a nurse, she's a doctor. She's not just the doctor, she's the head of a department and was in charge of that shift. She's also married.

She was also quite wild. And that's the closest thing I have to a Grey's Anatomy story.

Healthcareworkers.txt

Seriously.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

MarcusSA posted:

Healthcareworkers.txt

Seriously.

There's an entire thread about that in the goon doctor. Also lots of butt stuff there. In a bad way.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
so cops become alcoholics
and healthcare workers become freaks

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

ham_sanitizer posted:

gently caress the police

But actually gently caress the healthcare workers :quagmire:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Jove Tone posted:

Anyone else have balance issues after spending too long on the treadmill? I feel like I'm zooming around at warp speed even though I'm just walking after I'm done.

That also happens to me but I can't explain the mechanism behind it.

Overnight Blaze
Mar 7, 2017

Batterypowered7 posted:

That also happens to me but I can't explain the mechanism behind it.

By walking forward but remaining in place, you build up speed. Just gotta keep at it for 12 hours

for real though your eyes see that you're not moving but your body thinks you went x distance so your poo poo gets all confused, gradually slow down and your body will get used to it

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Tweaked my god drat back deadlifting today at 275. First time that's happened in a year of lifting. Read online its better to keep moving. After stretching and doing some air deadlifts I was able to do 8 RDLs at 135. Hurts like hell. Gotta keep stretching and moving tonight. Not looking forward to how I'm going to feel tomorrow.

What really sucks is I want to start doing brazilian jiu jitsu and my first class is tomorrow morning. Looks like that's getting pushed. Stupid back.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I've got an exploded disc and when it's really bad, exercise makes it worse. At the worst this might last a couple of weeks but generally only a couple of days. Just my experience though. I've actually herniated it so much it's now dessicated. If it's super painful I wouldn't deadlift for at least a couple of days.
*I am not a doctor

Anyway I got bad knee pain from doing squats in starting strength about a month ago. Knee doctor said I tore something inside the knee. It's not fully better but I just did goblet squats, just 15 lbs but I went all the way down. And I'm 230lbs. No pain at all! Progress!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I guess I eat a lot of rice. I bought a 25lb bag like 4 weeks ago and its already half gone.

Thats like 3 dry lbs a week.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

sassassin posted:

A guy in my gym today had his phone propped up on the hack squat machine while he wrapped his knees for extreme leg press and was narrating what he was doing but I was 12 feet away and couldn't make out a word he was mumbling over the music so good luck to his youtube follower.

Just curious - does it make me a freak if I can legit leg press or hack squat the same (or more) weight without wrapping my knees compared to other guys that wrap them? Like, I've had people look at me like I'm insane doing 350-400+ on hack squats (rear end to grass) or 700-800+ on leg press without wrapping or using a belt. Never had problems with my joints either, the most I ever got up to on hack squat was a few years ago with no belt/wraps & I got 2 reps out of 565, leg press I could do 1175 for 2-3 reps same way. Not as beefy as I used to be but I always thought it was odd seeing guys wrapping their knees before leg pressing like 500 or hack squatting under 300.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

No it doesn't.

Also unless you go to like an extreme powerlifting gym I would like pay 0 attention to what anyone else does because they are probably fuckin dumb.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Saw someone wear a bench shirt and it looks very convenient if you want to use your phone but want to waste no effort holding it in front of you

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

I’ve been out this week with a cold, it’s one of those ones where you have like no energy.

Feeling fat and lazy, going to try to hit it tomorrow.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Mustached Demon posted:

There's an entire thread about that in the goon doctor. Also lots of butt stuff there. In a bad way.

I am married to a ed nurse, can confirm they are batshit. Also at my colonoscopy a few weeks ago I heard a nurse say that my butt looks awesome right before I went under.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

ham_sanitizer posted:

I thought cops just beat their wives

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

MikeCrotch posted:

I thought cops just beat their wives

por que no los dos?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Can confirm, about 60% of my Tinder hits are nurses, God bless them.

For content, the best part of lifting is that I spend a few hours a week in a wetsuit in front of crowds, and I like catching the soccer moms checking me out, while they hold their kids' hands. :-D

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

nooneofconsequence posted:

you're supposed to gain weight when you're trying to heal, silly

eating enough is honestly a chore these days and if I'm not training regularly I can hardly be bothered unless I'm starving to death and have to crawl to the kitchen.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

sassassin posted:

eating enough is honestly a chore these days and if I'm not training regularly I can hardly be bothered unless I'm starving to death and have to crawl to the kitchen.
I'll trade you appetites. It's a chore to not eat a poo poo ton of calories and gain ~4lbs/month.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Khorne posted:

I'll trade you appetites. It's a chore to not eat a poo poo ton of calories and gain ~4lbs/month.

I mean 4 pounds a month is like, half a regular sized meal extra above maintenance per day so at least you are very active and can stop gaining without sacrificing too much?

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/DonutOperator/status/1175524744185176064?s=20

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I'm eating salami rn

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

Peri-workout lasagna

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I'm hungry all the time.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
high five lasagna bros

Made it for dinner yesterday and had a slab of it for breakfast today

I feel fat and strong

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer

nooneofconsequence posted:

I'm hungry all the time.

This is me but I get full so fast when I eat

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

This Hybrid Performance training will be the death of me.

I have never done so many RDLs and sumo deadlifts in my life, my lord.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Sweet As Sin posted:

This is me but I get full so fast when I eat

I never get full. I basically can't keep food in my house.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

fishing with the fam posted:

Tweaked my god drat back deadlifting today at 275. First time that's happened in a year of lifting. Read online its better to keep moving. After stretching and doing some air deadlifts I was able to do 8 RDLs at 135. Hurts like hell. Gotta keep stretching and moving tonight. Not looking forward to how I'm going to feel tomorrow.

you still alive bro or are you laying on the floor calling out for help somewhere

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Guy from work I sold my punching bag to a couple weeks ago asked me what days I work out. I said Monday and Thursday come by if you want.

Chubby kid in the department popped his head around the corner, "I might have to show you guys up"

I said okay, how much do you bench?

I had to inform him I could probably do his max for close to 20 :q:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Having a spotter really takes your mind off of The Fear. The trainer at my gym just stood there, didn't have to do anything, and I got four good, clean reps in at 265lbs

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Bob Morales posted:

you still alive bro or are you laying on the floor calling out for help somewhere

Alive and well! Saturday sucked. It was a struggle to put pants on my back hurt so much. Did a some yoga over the weekend though, and that helped a bunch. Back in the gym today, tempo squatted 135 and deadlifted 185. Felt uncomfortable, but world's better than Saturday morning. Gonna spend the next couple weeks ramping back up.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Having a spotter really takes your mind off of The Fear. The trainer at my gym just stood there, didn't have to do anything, and I got four good, clean reps in at 265lbs

You got this! are you doing rehab?

I'm amazed. I've built some muscle and I can endure my classes better than ever. Being healthy is incredible.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Sweet As Sin posted:

I'm amazed. I've built some muscle and I can endure my classes better than ever. Being healthy is incredible.

It certainly beats being unhealthy. Like I want to reach back through time and smack myself in my 20s in the face for being such a lazy piece of poo poo, but alas time travel isn't real.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

someone didn't want to work in with me today and just stood waiting for 10 mins

do i smell bad? the answer is yes

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

hemale in pain posted:

someone didn't want to work in with me today and just stood waiting for 10 mins

do i smell bad? the answer is yes

At least you offered :shrug: I've had so many times where I've asked if someone is using a particular bench or machine & they're like "yeah I'm working there" then wander off halfway across the gym for 20 minutes doing gently caress all except talking & distracting other people. It's like gently caress off dude, use it or don't I'm not gonna stand around waiting forever for you to chit-chat, I got gains to make :argh:

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
Don't take it personally. I have social anxiety and I skipped bench last night because they were being used and I was super shy about asking...

doverhog posted:

It certainly beats being unhealthy. Like I want to reach back through time and smack myself in my 20s in the face for being such a lazy piece of poo poo, but alas time travel isn't real.

Same! I would force myself to go to therapy way sooner.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Have a weird feeling in the right side of my lower back and could barely feel my right quad working while squatting. Probably nothing to worry about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

Well that's my story.

Sweet As Sin posted:

Don't take it personally. I have social anxiety and I skipped bench last night because they were being used and I was super shy about asking...

I used to be like this but after a consistent year and a half, 4 days a week at the same gym I don't have too many compunctions about asking if equipment's in use. I don't like to work in unless it's cable work or something where the weights are easy to fiddle with though.

Sweet As Sin posted:

Same! I would force myself to go to therapy way sooner.

Lifting heavy poo poo with regularity is a great complement to treatments for anxiety and depression, or so I've found. However, I also made the mistake of considering it a complete replacement and paid for it, so don't anybody do that.