Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Carry your own, better gun at dinner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I just dont know how people gently caress up so bad at sharing money with their SOs.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
AITA if I ate a sliver of my roommate's donut in the middle of the night, feel the shame of my actions, and buy 2 donuts in return and leave a note acknowledging my rear end in a top hat-iness?

quote:

On my kitchen counter is a donut box from an out-of-town shop. There is 1 full donut left. I don't know what came over me but I cut a sliver of it off. Tasted okay.

As I swallowed the last of that donut sliver, a wave of shame washes over me. I grab my keys and go pick up some more donuts from the nearby grocery store. I understand these donuts are not the same quality but it's better than nothing, and saves you time from getting more donuts yourself.

I place my repayment donuts inside the box, right next to the defiled donut. I left a note acknowledging the stupidity of my actions and how it was a real rear end in a top hat move.

Am I still the rear end in a top hat?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not being able to fulfill my bridesmaid duties due to anxiety?

Here's the thing. This happened a couple of years ago, but it's always weighed on me heavily and I want to know who's the rear end in a top hat in this situation.

A couple of years ago my cousin asked me to be her bridesmaid. I agreed but felt it was just for show since she barely talked to me and it was super awkward at the bachelorette party and bridal shower, like she barely acknowledged me. One day we went for a drive and she told me how two girls backed out of her bridal party and she couldn't bear if one more person did. She knew I had bad anxiety and asked me on the spot to tell her if I could do it or not. Of course I felt like how could I let her down so I said yes I would do it.

Months go by and the wedding is getting closer and my anxiety is getting worse and worse. I can barely leave the house and my medication isn't working like it used to. I know the wedding is approaching and is in a big church which causes me more anxiety. Like I was literally making myself sick over this. Could barely go to work or anything.

Finally it's about the time for the wedding and I break down crying to my aunt (her mother) who I tell that I don't think I can do it but don't want to let everyone down. My family isn't very understanding of mental health. My aunt says don't worry, try to make it, do some practice at the church and if you can't make it no problem we will get you a new dress and you can just do the reception. I felt a bit better but was still struggling, I wanted to be able to do this. My aunt drives me to the church, which was locked and I walked around a bit, very shaky, very anxious and she was getting frustrated and so I acted like I was ok.

The day of the practice comes the day before the wedding and I'm throwing up and feeling so sick due to my anxiety, I've barely been sleeping. I break down to my family and told them I don't think I can do it. My aunt calls me and said in a very serious tone " I talked to your cousin and we both feel like you need to be there. So get ready". At this point I'm breaking down. My cousin shows up at my place and I'm crying my eyes out and she's like cmon lets go, and I try to explain but she just looks at me with disgust and leaves. At this point my grandmother calls me and yells, your aunt called and said no wedding no reception. That broke me, my aunt broke her word and I felt so lost. So anxious. It didn't help that my boyfriend was away at work, so I had no one. I called a friend who drove me to my boyfriends house and his mom was amazing. She made me drinks, took me swimming and I tried to stay away from social media for my cousins wedding.

I'm a lot better mentally. Got new medication and had therapy!

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Hellblazer187 posted:

In my first marriage we had separate accounts and a joint account. We contributed equally to the joint account and paid bills from there but had our own money as well.

Finances aren't what killed the marriage, that part worked fine. I think it's a good model of both partners earn money.

Are joint accounts common outside the US? My current non US wife thinks the concept is weird.
I don't know how common they are here in Aus, but we have one. The account is for bills (rent and utilities), any money in our own accounts is uncontrolled. I know some friends are hitting "that stage" where they are getting a joint account for bills.

But importantly, when my fiancee lost her job, I didn't withhold "my" money and make her struggle.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for disinviting my brother in law from thanksgiving because he conceal carries?

Disinviting a drunk belligerent rear end in a top hat from a family event and seeing how people pick sides is its own reward

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for disinviting my brother in law from thanksgiving because he conceal carries?

It came to my attention last year that my brother in law conceal carries.

He has never served in the military and he’s not in law enforcement.

I don’t have a thing against all people who conceal carry. Just my brother in law specifically, because I know him. He isn’t the sharpest tack in the box, he drinks heavily, and he has a short temper.

We don’t live in an even remotely dangerous area and no one has taken a hit out on him. He doesn’t have enemies or anything from his job. He’s a construction worker.

I don’t care what he does in his own house, but I have three young and inquisitive kids.

I’m very uncomfortable that he has a gun in our house and I told him I’d really rather he not bring it when he visits.

We argued about it back and forth and he basically said “what business of yours is it if I carry a gun” and I said “in general it’s absolutely none of my business, but in my house it is.”

We reached a dead end and I told them if he couldn’t come to our house two hours without the gun that we couldn’t host him for thanksgiving anymore.

The family has become remarkably divided over this, with basically half saying “it’s his house, if he doesn’t want a guy bringing a gun in it, that’s his prerogative” and the other saying “he’s an adult you can’t tell him what to do.”

I don’t want to fracture the family during the holidays if I’m truly overreacting, but on the other hand, he’s a heavy drinker and has a short temper and I will never feel totally comfortable with him having a gun in my home.

Bolded the lol part. OP should be telling those assholes, "It's my house! I can tell people what they can and can't bring into my house!"

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Haifisch posted:

AITA if I ate a sliver of my roommate's donut in the middle of the night, feel the shame of my actions, and buy 2 donuts in return and leave a note acknowledging my rear end in a top hat-iness?
The unasked for apology is the rear end in a top hat move, assuming your roommate cares so much about a leftover donut that you need a note chastising yourself and two donuts as an apology would make them feel bad that you think so little of them.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Imagine taking gun idiots side in that dispute. Hurr he's an adult therefore you have to let him do whatever he wants in your house.

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.

Hellblazer187 posted:

Imagine taking gun idiots side in that dispute. Hurr he's an adult therefore you have to let him do whatever he wants in your house.

I feel like there is no going back. The guy is probably one imagined slight away from wasting OP at the next family gathering

Overnight Blaze
Mar 7, 2017

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

The unasked for apology is the rear end in a top hat move, assuming your roommate cares so much about a leftover donut that you need a note chastising yourself and two donuts as an apology would make them feel bad that you think so little of them.

They're totally the rear end in a top hat, they couldn't even bother getting the same type of donut to replace it. Plus all they had to put on the note was "hey I cut a piece off, sorry, hope these two make up for it".

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for un-inviting my date to my school's dance because her dress was too revealing?

I go to a private Catholic all-boys school, but I also hang out with a lot of kids from other schools. One of the people I hang out with is this girl Emmy, who I have an 'on-again-off-again' thing with. We've dated on and off for the past year, and although we aren't at the current time, I don't really like anyone else, so I asked her to our 'Fall Formal' dance (basically homecoming lol).

​She accepted, and everything was fine for a while. However, a problem emerged recently with her dress. Basically, my school is really big on dress codes at school dances, and there have multiple times in the past where people have been kicked out or just plain refused entry due to 'dressing badly'. Emmy's dress falls into that category: really low-cut v-neck, tight, and ends way above the knees. I had mentioned to her previously about the dress code rules before she bought the dress, but she shrugged it off/ignored me. After some back and forth, she refused to return the dress and get a new one, so I told her I was 'un-inviting' her as my date. I just think it's not worth all the trouble to be refused entry or get kicked out. It would make a scene and be generally embarrassing. Besides, I'm seen as basically a 'good, clean kid': good grades in AP classes, lacrosse and soccer teams, student government, speech and debate. And I'd hate teachers to see me as some sort of troublemaker, especially since they'll be the ones writing my recs for college.

​Anyways, she got pissed and went off about how it's 'her right' to wear whatever dress she wanted and called me a 'dick' and told me I had to go with her, because now she had bought a dress and it was too close to homecoming to find another date. I think she's entitled to wear whatever, but I'm also entitled to invite or not invite her.

​AITA?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED GRAMMAW *puts 17 rounds in the turkey in self defense*

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for un-inviting my date to my school's dance because her dress was too revealing?

I go to a private Catholic all-boys school, but I also hang out with a lot of kids from other schools. One of the people I hang out with is this girl Emmy, who I have an 'on-again-off-again' thing with. We've dated on and off for the past year, and although we aren't at the current time, I don't really like anyone else, so I asked her to our 'Fall Formal' dance (basically homecoming lol).

​She accepted, and everything was fine for a while. However, a problem emerged recently with her dress. Basically, my school is really big on dress codes at school dances, and there have multiple times in the past where people have been kicked out or just plain refused entry due to 'dressing badly'. Emmy's dress falls into that category: really low-cut v-neck, tight, and ends way above the knees. I had mentioned to her previously about the dress code rules before she bought the dress, but she shrugged it off/ignored me. After some back and forth, she refused to return the dress and get a new one, so I told her I was 'un-inviting' her as my date. I just think it's not worth all the trouble to be refused entry or get kicked out. It would make a scene and be generally embarrassing. Besides, I'm seen as basically a 'good, clean kid': good grades in AP classes, lacrosse and soccer teams, student government, speech and debate. And I'd hate teachers to see me as some sort of troublemaker, especially since they'll be the ones writing my recs for college.

​Anyways, she got pissed and went off about how it's 'her right' to wear whatever dress she wanted and called me a 'dick' and told me I had to go with her, because now she had bought a dress and it was too close to homecoming to find another date. I think she's entitled to wear whatever, but I'm also entitled to invite or not invite her.

​AITA?

Enjoy not having sex until marriage and end up finding out you are incompatible with your wife.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

Canceling plans at the last minute is just what happens when you're an adult.

Lol seriously? Control your schedule. Everything else in your post was about not being in control of your schedule but still rashly committing to things an adult wouldn't commit to because they couldn't actually do that......and rather just say "I might be able to, I don't know yet." A commitment is a commitment. This isn't a difficult concept unless you are trying to change the definition of the actual word.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Motronic posted:

Lol seriously? Control your schedule. Everything else in your post was about not being in control of your schedule but still rashly committing to things an adult wouldn't commit to because they couldn't actually do that......and rather just say "I might be able to, I don't know yet." A commitment is a commitment. This isn't a difficult concept unless you are trying to change the definition of the actual word.

Telling your friend “Yeah, I’ll come” isn’t some unbreakable bond that can never be violated.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

chitoryu12 posted:

Telling your friend “Yeah, I’ll come” isn’t some unbreakable bond that can never be violated.

Repeatedly saying that you will come but consistently canceling it is still bullshit, and we're talking about a loving pattern of behavior not a loving one-off thing so all this loving ruleslawyer worrying about how ~~once in awhile a gRoWn-Up has to cancel~~ has nothing to do with the topic that is actually being discussed

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Hellblazer187 posted:

Tribal mentality at work.

"GUNS ARE OUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO DEFNED OUR LIVES AND PROPERTY GOVERNMENT BETTER RESPECT IT AND STAY OFF MY LAND"

"I'm not comfortable with you bringing a gun onto my private property"

"HOW DARE YOU TRY TO CONTROL WHAT THIS ADULT MAN DOES WHEN COMING ON TO YOUR PRIVATE PROPERTY GET hosed AND LET HIM DO WHATEVER HE WANTS!"

Its always about protecting liberty and rights until they get aggrieved and then anyone else's liberty and rights dont matter.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for snapping my fingers in my boyfriend's grandfather's face?

I was meeting my boyfriend's father's family for the first time last Sunday. He warned me ahead of time that the older men were sexist and likely to make dumb jokes, especially his grandfather, who is in his 60s and the patriarch. There was a match so they were coming to my place to watch.

We cooked and bought drinks to cover everyone and at one point I finished my beer and offered to refill other people's. A few people asked if I'd get them another drink so I collected empty glasses/bottles and then I heard clicking. I looked around to see where it was coming from and the grandfather was snapping his fingers.

I walked over to him, he held out his empty glass, which had contained his third or fourth gin & tonic, so he was clearly drunk, and I took the glass off him. I went to set the glasses down on the kitchen counter and opened the fridge to start on refills when I heard the grandfather snapping again. He was sort of smiling the first time but this time he was full on smirking.

I took his drink and went over to him. He held out a hand to take it, but instead I used my free hand to snap my fingers in his face. He looked shocked, so I said "oh I'm sorry. Is this offending you? Is this rude? Is this something you shouldn't do to a person when you're in their home?" and I was using the snapping like punctuation. I gave him his drink and went into the kitchen to grab the rest.

I went back out to the main room and the women there and the younger people (boyfriend's stepmum, siblings and cousins) all seemed to be either smiling or just generally looking approving, while the rest of the men were glaring at me. I handed out the remaining drinks and sat through a very tense end of the match.

We'd had plans for after the game, but my actions appeared to have put a damper on things because they left instead. The women hugged me before they left and the men filed out in silence. My boyfriend went with them to see his grandfather into a cab. When he came back he just helped me do the dishes and we didn't say/do anything to acknowledge what happened.

Today I got coffee with a cousin on his dad's side of the family that didn't make it to the game. He said that his brother had told him what I did, and that they both found it funny, but the other men did not. Not only is the grandfather expecting an apology (although he won't say so to my face because "he doesn't feel he should have to") but all the older men who were unhappy with my actions are also expecting apologies for disrespecting him in front of them.

I told my boyfriend that I'm not apologizing, and if he's waiting on me to say sorry, he'll be waiting a long time. My boyfriend has said that they are his family, they're important to him, and that I've made things difficult as in the last few days whenever he's spoken to his grandfather he gets told to break up with me. I'm not budging on this.

AITA?

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

pentyne posted:

Tribal mentality at work.

"GUNS ARE OUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO DEFNED OUR LIVES AND PROPERTY GOVERNMENT BETTER RESPECT IT AND STAY OFF MY LAND"

"I'm not comfortable with you bringing a gun onto my private property"

"HOW DARE YOU TRY TO CONTROL WHAT THIS ADULT MAN DOES WHEN COMING ON TO YOUR PRIVATE PROPERTY GET hosed AND LET HIM DO WHATEVER HE WANTS!"

Its always about protecting liberty and rights until they get aggrieved and then anyone else's liberty and rights dont matter.

no, it's always about protecting THEIR liberty and rights and anyone else's NEVER mattered to them.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Really it depends on context. I had a college reunion recently with some friends, and we agreed to meet up the next day at 10 at a restaurant nearby with some nostalgia. I show up at 10. Two people were staying on the other side of town and overslept. The third was up all night getting drunk and didn't get to bed until 6, I guess he forgot he doesn't bounce back like he used to 10 years ago. So I just hopped on the train to downtown and started ticking some things off my to-do list.

I honestly would've been fine with it and hopped a bus back to campus as soon as folks got their poo poo together except that, for unrelated reasons, that day everything else decided to go wrong. One of those days when a whole bunch of minor things keep landing at just the right pace that you can't brush them off like usual. I ended that day pissed off at the world and those guys' flakiness was an unfortunate focal point. I didn't burn any bridges, but I did have some apologies to make.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I was meeting my boyfriend's father's family for the first time last Sunday. He warned me ahead of time that the older men were sexist and likely to make dumb jokes, especially his grandfather, who is in his 60s and the patriarch. There was a match so they were coming to my place to watch.

We cooked and bought drinks to cover everyone and at one point I finished my beer and offered to refill other people's. A few people asked if I'd get them another drink so I collected empty glasses/bottles and then I heard clicking. I looked around to see where it was coming from and the grandfather was snapping his fingers.

I walked over to him, he held out his empty glass, which had contained his third or fourth gin & tonic, so he was clearly drunk, and I took the glass off him. I went to set the glasses down on the kitchen counter and opened the fridge to start on refills when I heard the grandfather snapping again. He was sort of smiling the first time but this time he was full on smirking.

I took his drink and went over to him. He held out a hand to take it, but instead I used my free hand to snap my fingers in his face. He looked shocked, so I said "oh I'm sorry. Is this offending you? Is this rude? Is this something you shouldn't do to a person when you're in their home?" and I was using the snapping like punctuation. I gave him his drink and went into the kitchen to grab the rest.

I went back out to the main room and the women there and the younger people (boyfriend's stepmum, siblings and cousins) all seemed to be either smiling or just generally looking approving, while the rest of the men were glaring at me. I handed out the remaining drinks and sat through a very tense end of the match.

We'd had plans for after the game, but my actions appeared to have put a damper on things because they left instead. The women hugged me before they left and the men filed out in silence. My boyfriend went with them to see his grandfather into a cab. When he came back he just helped me do the dishes and we didn't say/do anything to acknowledge what happened.

Today I got coffee with a cousin on his dad's side of the family that didn't make it to the game. He said that his brother had told him what I did, and that they both found it funny, but the other men did not. Not only is the grandfather expecting an apology (although he won't say so to my face because "he doesn't feel he should have to") but all the older men who were unhappy with my actions are also expecting apologies for disrespecting him in front of them.

I told my boyfriend that I'm not apologizing, and if he's waiting on me to say sorry, he'll be waiting a long time. My boyfriend has said that they are his family, they're important to him, and that I've made things difficult as in the last few days whenever he's spoken to his grandfather he gets told to break up with me. I'm not budging on this.

AITA?

Haha awesome

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Cut people who side with their lovely family over you at the drop of a loving hat. They can gently caress their grandpappy instead.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
NTA old guy get hosed.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

There is no reason to not constantly call out and mock bigoted old men until they get mad.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Lmao, gently caress that guy

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Unless you work at a teeny tiny shop with literally no other business, Ive never worked for ad agency that would have any issue with you not working on an account for reasons like that. They already pay more for cigarette and gun companies to attract people to work on them and Ive had people get out of working on accounts due to vegetarianism, religious prohibitions, and general political incompatibility. Advertising is, globally, very leftward skewing politically so even if this job wont for some unfathomable reason she could easily find another job that will.

Now jobs where the client is too stupid to live, well, that one you usually cant get out of, Friendlys.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Joint accounts seem like a pain in the rear end. Just make a document to track monthly expenses and divvy up who pays for what in a way that's balanced. If you're in a relationship, you should be able to trust that your partner will cover the utilities while you handle the groceries.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

(F/28) my boyfriend (M/30) said something the other day that’s bothering me.

Hi guys. This might seem really trivial but I can’t get it out my head. I’ve been with this guy for 2 months so it’s pretty early days. But we were at a McDonald’s drive thru the other night and I noticed that he didn’t say please or thank you when the woman took/gave him his order. I said to him “aren’t you going to say thank you ?” And he replied “not really. So what ? They’re just McDonald’s workers” ...

I know this post probably sounds pathetic, but that’s bothering me so much. Him being rude because “they’re just McDonald’s workers” .

I’ve spoke to him about it and he said I’m making a fuss over nothing. But would this bother you guys too ?

TLDR- boyfriend was deliberately rude to someone because they “work at McDonald’s”, and it’s really bothering me.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

(F/28) my boyfriend (M/30) said something the other day that’s bothering me.

Hi guys. This might seem really trivial but I can’t get it out my head. I’ve been with this guy for 2 months so it’s pretty early days. But we were at a McDonald’s drive thru the other night and I noticed that he didn’t say please or thank you when the woman took/gave him his order. I said to him “aren’t you going to say thank you ?” And he replied “not really. So what ? They’re just McDonald’s workers” ...

I know this post probably sounds pathetic, but that’s bothering me so much. Him being rude because “they’re just McDonald’s workers” .

I’ve spoke to him about it and he said I’m making a fuss over nothing. But would this bother you guys too ?

TLDR- boyfriend was deliberately rude to someone because they “work at McDonald’s”, and it’s really bothering me.

This person is scum, worse than garbage

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
We have a shared account and personal accounts for frivolous spending.

So I transfer X000.00 every month or so and then use my personal to pay off my anime related vices credit card and phone bills.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Boyfriend trying to break up with me but unable to through my furious shame snaps

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Taima posted:

That just makes me sad because she must have a learning disability or something and the dude made fun of her :/

I'm going to take a wild guess here and suggest that the girl taking ONE class a semester is probably already pretty torn up about it.

There was a guy in a blowoff class I took my last semester of college who loudly bragged about how he was going to graduate with 4.0 because he was only taking one class a semester and "really concentrating on it."

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

it is said that if that if a guy treats a waitress like poo poo, it's a preview of how he'll treat his GF in six months.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
from r/LegalAdviceUK:

quote:

Wife did not report notifiable disease, what offence is this, will PF prosecute her due to lack of evidence (Scotland)?

I am a farmer and my wife is a vet. One of my friends had imported cattle illegally from Romania which had a notifiable disease. I say illegally because currently Scottish government introduced a standing order to ensure cows/bulls imported from Bulgaria and Romania have to go through additional checks and needs an EU import certificate and a veterinary certificate of good health. I don't know specifically what he did, friends don't ask, but he bought them on the cheap. He asked me to check what was wrong with the cows, asked my wife to look into it, and it turns out as normal from Romanian cattle, the cows had TB. One of them was suspected BSE. As a farmer, I know how BSE affected us in the 90s when farms had mandatory quarantine orders and we basically were forced to make a loss as we were not allowed to move the cattle anywhere and forced to destroy them all. My friend did destroy the cattle affected, but did not report it to Field Services Office. He offered me and my wife a sum of money so that my wife did not disclose her finding to the Animal and Plant Health Agency.

I have spousal immunity, so they can't get any evidence from me about it. My friend only communicated with me, and I liaised with my wife. It was done through Whatsapp, so fully encrypted. Money was given by cash. Seeing as there is a lack of evidence, would the PF have enough to charge my wife?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Smirking_Serpent posted:

it is said that if that if a guy treats a waitress like poo poo, it's a preview of how he'll treat his GF in six months.

So if your boyfriend flirts with the waitress then you're in for a sexy time?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lazyhound posted:

from r/LegalAdviceUK:

You and your wife are idiots.

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

Lazyhound posted:

from r/LegalAdviceUK:

Dear Reddit:

I would like to begin by saying I’ve committed a crime. Here’s the jurisdiction I’m in, the specific crime I committed, and enough facts to narrow down who I am. FYI I committed the crime in writing using this specific app to discuss my crimes which, again, I committed. Do you think the police will be able to discover my crime? If you need more information about me or my crime to help give me an answer I will be happy to provide it.

Sincerely,

90% of r/legaladvice posts

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

GamingHyena posted:

Dear Reddit:

I would like to begin by saying I’ve committed a crime. Here’s the jurisdiction I’m in, the specific crime I committed, and enough facts to narrow down who I am. FYI I committed the crime in writing using this specific app to discuss my crimes which, again, I committed. Do you think the police will be able to discover my crime? If you need more information about me or my crime to help give me an answer I will be happy to provide it.

Sincerely,

90% of r/legaladvice posts

Also! If that wife really is a vet she should have her license pulled. Thats incredibly stupid and dangerous to the public health.

I hope that one is fake because it really pisses me off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Dazerbeams posted:

Joint accounts seem like a pain in the rear end. Just make a document to track monthly expenses and divvy up who pays for what in a way that's balanced. If you're in a relationship, you should be able to trust that your partner will cover the utilities while you handle the groceries.

I don't really see how that's better or worse than just having the joint account and trusting that your partner isn't pissing money away irresponsibly :shrug: I can't imagine having to negotiate who picks up what part of the cost every time an irregular expense comes up.