Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

Huh? Three years apart, not months; Shirley in April 1934, Warren in March 1937

The poster meant Ned and Warren

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

Huh? Three years apart, not months; Shirley in April 1934, Warren in March 1937

Warren and Ned.

E: oh hi next page, sure Ned and Warren works too

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies

hawowanlawow posted:

butthole surfers are the poo poo

I just figured out the people in the song "pepper" aren't "in love with Di(ana) and they were drinking from a fountain", but are in fact "in love with dying. They were drinking from a fountain" . There's a lot of names in that song, so it's logical, at least. I kinda like it better my way.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Warren and Ned.

E: oh hi next page, sure Ned and Warren works too

Oh, ha, my mistake

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Laurence Olivier was white.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Any chance you were mixing up his name with Sidney Poitier?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Domus posted:

I just figured out the people in the song "pepper" aren't "in love with Di(ana) and they were drinking from a fountain", but are in fact "in love with dying. They were drinking from a fountain" . There's a lot of names in that song, so it's logical, at least. I kinda like it better my way.

Pfft. Next you'll be telling me it wasn't Flipper the dolphin who got a nasty virus.

e: Holy poo poo, Flipper's voice was actually a kookaburra? My universe is torn asunder.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

christmas boots posted:

Any chance you were mixing up his name with Sidney Poitier?

Almost certainly.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Nostradingus posted:

Almost certainly.

Maybe you just only saw him in: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Othello_(1965_British_film)

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Domus posted:

:laugh: that’s one of the few lines I could clearly hear in there

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Domus posted:

:same:

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

relatedly there are also tons of people out there who think cans of food will explode if you boil them

I've witnessed it with my own two eyes heating canned food up while camping.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What if you boil a can of sour herring tho?

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

I just found out out that someone got nominated for a best actor Oscar for a performance in black-face.

E: I also just realized tha Toucan Sam's beak is like half the size of a real toucan. Is that weird? I think that's weird for some reason.

Pneub has a new favorite as of 07:34 on Sep 20, 2019

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
They had to shorten his beak so it would fit on the box

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pneub posted:

E: I also just realized tha Toucan Sam's beak is like half the size of a real toucan. Is that weird? I think that's weird for some reason.

It used to be bigger

He must have had some work done

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
It was probably the yellow dye #5. That's the excuse I use for my own shortcomings anyway.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Torquemada posted:

Agreed, but “The boys, an outmoded symbol of masculine bonding and herd mentality who all need two in the back of the loving head to prevent the further degradation if the gene pool, are back in town” is a lot less catchy.

Me and the boys trying to figure out who pissed in your Cornflakes after we're back in town.

Also I just found out that jerrycans aren't actually named after anyone named Jerry.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

hawowanlawow posted:

relatedly there are also tons of people out there who think cans of food will explode if you boil them

They can if you heat them and don't open them first. I have scars from a stew explosion thanks to my drunk husband and was covered in burns on my face, neck, and arms that were visible for weeks.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

If you heat up a can in boiling water there's no way it's gonna burst, unless maybe you waaaay overdo it and get the contents inside the can boiling hard enough, but I still doubt it. Now, if "boiling a can" means putting the drat thing right on the burner (without opening it) , then yeah...

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The traditional baked bean bomb is a can in the fire and will leave bean holes in your tent if it's too close when it goes off. Adding a can to water, even if it still did go bang, it's daft as it would suppress the explosion.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

They can if you heat them and don't open them first. I have scars from a stew explosion thanks to my drunk husband and was covered in burns on my face, neck, and arms that were visible for weeks.

Grizzled veteran of the Stew Wars

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

A carbgrenade of beef
or
A cannonade of beef?

Pookah has a new favorite as of 08:49 on Sep 21, 2019

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

21-gun carbonnade

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.

Hipster_Doofus posted:

If you heat up a can in boiling water there's no way it's gonna burst, unless maybe you waaaay overdo it and get the contents inside the can boiling hard enough, but I still doubt it. Now, if "boiling a can" means putting the drat thing right on the burner (without opening it) , then yeah...

If the can's in contact with the base of the pan and the burner's on high, you can get direct heating between the metals at higher than boiling point and create a steam pressure bomb.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y2-mv8p2HY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45DFJL9woNY

I really hope this show still gets made.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Wasabi the J posted:

I really hope this show still gets made.

It's great. There's a Danish equivalent, "dumt og farligt" (stupid and dangerous), that has some clips on youtube and can probably also be found illicitly. For reference, the longer-haired dude is a pro stunt guy and the shorter-haired dude is a comedian.

Flour-dust:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnZSBWk0Yl4

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

The metal strip over the flint wheel on disposable Bic lighters is supposed to be a child-proof safety. I'd always assumed it was basically packaging and meant to prevent the lighter from striking while being knocked around in shipping or something, and pulled it off as soon as I got the lighter. It turns out that it's completely possible to leave it on and still use the lighter.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lotion Tester posted:

The metal strip over the flint wheel on disposable Bic lighters is supposed to be a child-proof safety. I'd always assumed it was basically packaging and meant to prevent the lighter from striking while being knocked around in shipping or something, and pulled it off as soon as I got the lighter. It turns out that it's completely possible to leave it on and still use the lighter.

You seriously thought you were meant to remove it? It can't even be done without some kind of tool or at least very good (and not close-cropped) fingernails.

I remove them anyway because I'm not a child. Well I mean I am but not one who's gonna burn themselves or the house down.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Lotion Tester posted:

They added that and removed the thumbwheel that controlled the size of the flame. :corsair:

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Hipster_Doofus posted:

You seriously thought you were meant to remove it? It can't even be done without some kind of tool or at least very good (and not close-cropped) fingernails.

Yeah. They used to not come with that on there, so when they started adding it I just thought "oh, this comes off" and never gave it much more thought.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
The pro move is to pop it off so you can strike it with your index finger while holding it sideways for lighting bowls :ssh:

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Flyball posted:

They added that and removed the thumbwheel that controlled the size of the flame. :corsair:

In their defense they really perfected the self-adjusting regulator though. The flame remains pretty much the same height until it's drat near completely empty.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

There's other brands that still have the adjustable flame deal on it fyi. They generally suck compared to the classic bic tho

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

smh if you dont knock the whole metal head off on the edge of your school desk so you can overcrank the tuning wheel and make foot long flames

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Krankenstyle posted:

smh if you dont knock the whole metal head off on the edge of your school desk so you can overcrank the tuning wheel and make foot long flames

:hai:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The icon for the clock app on my (android) phone updates itself to reflect the time. I had it on my main screen due to a another app's widget screwing up, and I could've sworn it was moving a few times, and it had.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Video is called "footage" because film was measurable in feet.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Lady Disdain posted:

Video is called "footage" because film was measurable in feet.

and because every famous director has a foot fetish

(i "knew" this, your post I mean, but hadn't REALIZED it, so, poo poo, whoa)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i prefer frottage