Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Too much

I don't see anything about this from any of the usual Ravens reporters fwiw

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Sep 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Metapod posted:

Yeah that would be a bad trade for the jags

In absolute terms, sure.

If they’ve actually pissed him off to the point where he no longer wants to play for them? Might be the best they’re going to get.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vengarr posted:

In absolute terms, sure.

If they’ve actually pissed him off to the point where he no longer wants to play for them? Might be the best they’re going to get.

Khan (finally) stepped in, so there might still be a deal to keep him in town.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Oops wrong thread

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
If the Ravens trade for any position I'd like it to be a RB. I don't know who would be on the table but if we made a trade like that for a top-level RB(preferably one that can catch passes) I'd like to see it. Ingram is solid but not a full-time player at this point in his career and Gus Edwards seems to have followed the Justin Forsett/Alex Collins recent tradition of having one really strong year for us and then falling off hard.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

If the Ravens trade for any position I'd like it to be a RB. I don't know who would be on the table but if we made a trade like that for a top-level RB(preferably one that can catch passes) I'd like to see it. Ingram is solid but not a full-time player at this point in his career and Gus Edwards seems to have followed the Justin Forsett/Alex Collins recent tradition of having one really strong year for us and then falling off hard.

Come on you're just phoning it in at this point.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

sharknado slashfic posted:

Too much

I don't see anything about this from any of the usual Ravens reporters fwiw

Agreed. We need early picks to strengthen our few weak spots (looking at you pass rush) in order to make a real push while Jackson is on his rookie deal. Also, our deep and cheap TE corp is a very important strength for this team. It makes no sense to give up on Hurst so early. Considering the pay day you'd have to give Ramsey I'd be okay with a 1st round pick but nothing really past that. That's well under Ramsey's trade value but that just means we shouldn't be in the market for him.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Come on you're just phoning it in at this point.

Uhh...no? What? Do you want me to be more "nuanced" or whatever and say something like "Trade justin tucker and Miles Boykin to Arizona for Larry Fitzgerald and we won't need to worry about kicks cause we'll have more TDs now"?. Cause there just pretend I said that silly thing! :D

But no I really think we need a good RB. I've been saying that since last season when I wanted us to get Lev'eon Bell. What we have is just ok but I think an even better one could make us a genuine contender.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Wait what? This would kick rear end and would be a good trade for the Ravens. Earl Thomas, Jalen, Humphrey, Carr would be the league’s best secondary.

Do you guys actually give a poo poo about Hayden Hurst or something?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Agreed. We need early picks to strengthen our few weak spots (looking at you pass rush)

quote:

Which defenses are producing sacks/QB hits at the highest rates?
Same idea as the previous section, but we look at defenses. Which teams, when we account for the number of opponents’ dropbacks, are producing sacks and hits at the highest and lowest rates? Here’s how the 32 teams stack up.

Rank Team Pressure%
1 New Orleans Saints 36.23%
2 Cleveland Browns 35.38%
3 Baltimore Ravens 32.50%

hmm

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Isn't Mark Andrews pretty good? Why care so much about Hurst?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

Wait what? This would kick rear end and would be a good trade for the Ravens. Earl Thomas, Jalen, Humphrey, Carr would be the league’s best secondary.

Do you guys actually give a poo poo about Hayden Hurst or something?

We don't know how well Ramsey would play on our team necessarily. Do we really want to give up a first and a second round pick? Also we will get Smith back. Hurst is the worst of the three TEs we use but our TEs are important now since we have problems using our WRs historically on the Ravens. We don't want to be the Redskins and just start throwing away top picks for the big flavor of the month available player.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Oh you're going with the "Is Jalen Ramsey actually good?" approach, nevermind

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao at looking at what Jalen Ramsey brings to the table and going "is he actually good"

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Asema posted:

lmao at looking at what Jalen Ramsey brings to the table and going "is he actually good"

I know he's good(from what I've heard)! But would he work on our team? That's what I don't know. You can't always just plug guys in like that it doesn't always work.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I look back fondly of the time that a prime Darelle Revis was on the market and how relieved that MIN didnt go for him because was he really that good?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jalen Ramsey: I like man to man and I like being super aggressive because I'm capable of doing so and it plays to my strengths

Kawalimus about the Ravens: That in no way shape or form fits into our defensive scheme

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

OxySnake posted:

I look back fondly of the time that a prime Darelle Revis was on the market and how relieved that MIN didnt go for him because was he really that good?

Is he as good as Revis? Revis was maybe the top CB of his entire generation.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

I wouldn't trust that because the dolphins and cards have some awful lines

Kawalimus posted:

Uhh...no? What? Do you want me to be more "nuanced" or whatever and say something like "Trade justin tucker and Miles Boykin to Arizona for Larry Fitzgerald and we won't need to worry about kicks cause we'll have more TDs now"?. Cause there just pretend I said that silly thing! :D

But no I really think we need a good RB. I've been saying that since last season when I wanted us to get Lev'eon Bell. What we have is just ok but I think an even better one could make us a genuine contender.

I think C and LG are more important to focus on than a RB right now.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
btw Kawalimus having two top corners like Humphrey and Ramsey would allow Wink to rush and blitz more knowing that they wouldn't need to be dropped back into Cover so that would help out the pass rush but go off asking if the 24 year old All Pro for 2 years is really good or not.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jalen Ramsey can shut down any wr in the NFL while on an island with him but I'm not sure he fits on my team

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

ravens would probably be better if they cut hurst and sign jaelen strong

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'd venture a guess Miami is skewing the gently caress out of that stat. Also Our pass rush is Matt Judon (free agent next year) and Pernell McPhee (turning 31 in December).

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
No team is gonna give up two 1sts for Ramsey so I’m not sure what the Jags are doing.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 21, 2019

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Ramsey is really loving good

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'll give up the 1st and Hurst but I also think this is moot because I'm skeptical that a Jacksonville radio host has a source with any idea what was happening in the Ravens locker room a week ago.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'd venture a guess Miami is skewing the gently caress out of that stat. Also Our pass rush is Matt Judon (free agent next year) and Pernell McPhee (turning 31 in December).

The Ravens always draft guys capable of rushing the passer and getting a hurt. They've always been about next man up and Bowser/Williams working alongside Judon has been better than expected. The only disappointment is this years 3rd round draft pick but I think he'll actually see the field tomorrow.

I'm not saying that the pass rush is super fine btw. I'm just saying there's bigger issues like the OL (I'm not a big fan of Skura or whichever corpse of a lineman is keeping James Hurst off the field) and at some point you've got to plan for Yanda hanging up the cleats.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Asema posted:

btw Kawalimus having two top corners like Humphrey and Ramsey would allow Wink to rush and blitz more knowing that they wouldn't need to be dropped back into Cover so that would help out the pass rush but go off asking if the 24 year old All Pro for 2 years is really good or not.

But then we lose those draft picks. And frankly I don't see us as a serious contender until next year with or without Ramsey.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kawalimus posted:

What?

...what??

You have so many good running backs Justice Hill can't even see the field and is driving me crazy in my dynasty league because he is so loving good and he can't get snaps. Meanwhile Andrews is the best TE in the league and Hollywood Brown is the #1 rookie WR in the league and your QB is playing like Mahomes and you're here trying to say the Ravens should trade for offense instead of the best corner in the league?

FOH

C

Anyway this is funny now that I'm all in a huff.

https://www.facebook.com/588354199/posts/10156836582544200?sfns=mo

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kawalimus posted:

But then we lose those draft picks. And frankly I don't see us as a serious contender until next year with or without Ramsey.

I'm kinda picking up that the Ravens could be the best time in the AFC and you will always sit back and go "I don't see us as a serious contender until next year"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Please never change Kawalimus

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Asema posted:

The Ravens always draft guys capable of rushing the passer and getting a hurt. They've always been about next man up and Bowser/Williams working alongside Judon has been better than expected. The only disappointment is this years 3rd round draft pick but I think he'll actually see the field tomorrow.

I'm not saying that the pass rush is super fine btw. I'm just saying there's bigger issues like the OL (I'm not a big fan of Skura or whichever corpse of a lineman is keeping James Hurst off the field) and at some point you've got to plan for Yanda hanging up the cleats.

Agree 100% that interior oline needs to be the priority

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

kiimo posted:

What?

...what??

You have so many good running backs Justice Hill can't even see the field and is driving me crazy in my dynasty league because he is so loving good and he can't get snaps. Meanwhile Andrews is the best TE in the league and Hollywood Brown is the #1 rookie WR in the league and your QB is playing like Mahomes and you're here trying to say the Ravens should trade for offense instead of the best corner in the league?

FOH

C

Anyway this is funny now that I'm all in a huff.

https://www.facebook.com/588354199/posts/10156836582544200?sfns=mo

Justice Hill hasn't done crap in the regular season. How do you know if he's good? He's looked mediocre on his few plays. He got some memeish hype this offseason but until he gets into a game and kicks rear end I don't believe it. Andrews is not the best TE in the league but we use him well. Hollywood is looking good but he's our only WR that gets catches. Ingram is in his 9th year which is ancient for a RB and took a bad hit just this past week. Edwards hasn't shown anything so far this year.

We'll get Jimmy Smith back andd no he's not comparable to Ramsey. However we need to build around Jackson. I've had arguments earlier this week the Ravens and Jackson is all smoke and mirrors buoyed by bad teams now everyone is saying the Ravens are the best team in the AFC. We're not as good as the Chiefs or Patriots right now.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm just sitting here so happy that Baltimore is coming to Arrowhead and has huge DB issues because Mahomes is going to smoke that secondary.

Here's what I'm not thinking: well its so good they didn't trade for Melvin Gordon because man if they only could run the ball they'd be unstoppable!

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Asema posted:

I'm kinda picking up that the Ravens could be the best time in the AFC and you will always sit back and go "I don't see us as a serious contender until next year"

he's not completely wrong, the patriots still exist, as do the chiefs, and so do the chargers but they seem to have caught the plague or something

yea the ravens are capable of playing the top teams pretty close imo but i also think they're a few pieces short of being the big bad d00ds of the afc

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hello I'm from the future

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

kiimo posted:

I'm just sitting here so happy that Baltimore is coming to Arrowhead and has huge DB issues because Mahomes is going to smoke that secondary.

Here's what I'm not thinking: well its so good they didn't trade for Melvin Gordon because man if they only could run the ball they'd be unstoppable!

One week was against Miami who are tanking. Last week was about Jackson who ran the ball for 120(while still passing for a lot so please don't bring this tired 'can't throw' stuff up) while the RBs didn't do much of note.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sour Diesel posted:

he's not completely wrong, the patriots still exist, as do the chiefs, and so do the chargers but they seem to have caught the plague or something

yea the ravens are capable of playing the top teams pretty close imo but i also think they're a few pieces short of being the big bad d00ds of the afc

you completely misread my point of that post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Okay I'm out. Best the Ravens have looked in years, full of young potential on offense. I'm extremely glad you aren't getting Ramsey who shut down Tyreek Hill last year.

Ravens have entered the AFC arms race and I sincerely hope they try to add more running backs instead of an area of need.

Also Justice Hill is a loving stud.